Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With (1699 Views)

Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / The Lady I'm Planning On Getting Married To Is A Whorl In Disguise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 1:09am On May 25, 2015
This is a follow up to a thread I commented on earlier today. I actually have the same problem too and don't know what to do. My parents' over-dependence on these pastors really baffles me. There's a lady that I love but my parents don't like because of what their Pastor said. If I leave this girl, she may even commit suicide because I'm like all she's got and she's also all I've got. But if I disobey my parents, won't I be sinning against God? And God forbid that I encounter a problem with her in the future, my parents will simply say they've warned me.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by neutrotoba(m): 1:17am On May 25, 2015
SEE, I want to sleep first

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 1:20am On May 25, 2015
neutrotoba:
SEE, I want to sleep first
Lol! OK
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:30am On May 25, 2015
*enters with charger *

Abeg bros I fit charge phone?..... just for 40mins abeg cry

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Nobody: 3:46am On May 25, 2015
angry what did ur pastor say about her? If he is one of these hungry pastors, just pay more tithe and offerings, he'll change his view about her and a happy ending with your parents and bae.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Hazardd(m): 6:30am On May 25, 2015
What did your pastor told your parent about your girl..
If you didn't know, try and ask your parent then from there we will advice you, shekina
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Hazardd(m): 6:31am On May 25, 2015
What did your pastor told your parent about your girl?
If you didn't know, try and ask your parent then from there we will advice you, shekina
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by aphildam(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2015
Others perspectives about you do not matter unless it is inline with God's will for your life...
james 4:8--Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanseyourhands,yesinners; and purifyyourhearts,yedouble minded

marriage can tarnish or garnish your life ,it all begins with your choice....
To cap it all
matt 6:33---33 But seek first his kingdomand his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2015
What the Pastor told my parents is not so cool . I personally don't believe in these prophesies but my fears are-1. What if the Pastor is right? (which I doubt) and 2. Won't I be sinning against God by disobeying my parents?
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by dotsdavidson(m): 10:47pm On May 25, 2015
Ay92:
What the Pastor told my parents is not so cool . I personally don't believe in these prophesies but my fears are-1. What if the Pastor is right? (which I doubt) and 2. Won't I be sinning against God by disobeying my parents?

Bro, please understand this; what a child will not see while sitting on a tree, elders can see while sitting down.

I figure you are a full grown and successful young man owing to the guidance of your parent. If they have been making the right decision for you all along, why choose not to trust them with the biggest decision of your life?

You think they might be wrong but what if they are right? You stand the risk of loosing it all; your career, achievement, destiny, glory and most importantly your life as a result of bad marriage! What if they are wrong? Well, you loose nothing other than the girl but stand the chance of getting a more promising, peaceful and pretty chic and the confidence of your parent.

I have been married for nine years and I do not pray my enemy makes the same mistake I made. The worst thing that can happen to any man is having a bad marriage.

Please protect your future!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 2:10am On May 26, 2015
dotsdavidson:

Bro, please understand this; what a child will not see while sitting on a tree, elders can see while sitting down.

I figure you are a full grown and successful young man owing to the guidance of your parent. If they have been making the right decision for you all along, why choose not to trust them with the biggest decision of your life?

You think they might be wrong but what if they are right? You stand the risk of loosing it all; your career, achievement, destiny, glory and most importantly your life as a result of bad marriage! What if they are wrong? Well, you loose nothing other than the girl but stand the chance of getting a more promising, peaceful and pretty chic and the confidence of your parent.

I have been married for nine years and I do not pray my enemy makes the same mistake I made. The worst thing that can happen to any man is having a bad marriage.

Hmm! Thanks for the insights . But why I'm actually opposing them is that this is the second time that something like this would happen . If I don't stand for myself I'm afraid they may end up choosing for me which I definitely won't tolerate
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Nobody: 2:33am On May 26, 2015
dotsdavidson:

he has said it all
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Olanireti(m): 5:29am On May 26, 2015
This is exact situation i find myself presently. My mum beliefs in d pastor so much cause of her past experiences. God help us, marriage is mistake one can not afford to make. It is better to be single than to make wrong choice in marriage. God help us
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Nobody: 8:39am On May 26, 2015
Op am also in your shoes too but if you are a child of God, definitely God will speak to you convincingly that your partner is the right one for you. As for me i have perfect peace with my partner, I see her in my future. Flimsy reasons like denomination and background is what is tearing my parent's choice away from her. Marriage is an institution that once you enter you cannot come out. I have decided to follow my heart cos me and my parents will not live together. So your happiness first my brother more than anything. The blessings maketh rich and addeth no sorrow. If you allow your parents now to have their way, their wave of influence in your new home might be too much to bear.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by dotsdavidson(m): 11:07am On May 26, 2015
Ay92:

Hmm! Thanks for the insights . But why I'm actually opposing them is that this is the second time that something like this would happen . If I don't stand for myself I'm afraid they may end up choosing for me which I definitely won't tolerate

Please give them the benefit of the doubt this time around. Free the girl and sit with them later to know their fear and sentiment. This will help you in your future search and I'm sure they will respect your choice the next time. Like the Yoruba's will say "their eyes will push them".

All the best bro.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2015
dotsdavidson:

Please give them the benefit of the doubt this time around. Free the girl and sit with them later to know their fear and sentiment. This will help you in your future search and I'm sure they will respect your choice the next time. Like the Yoruba's will say "their eyes will push them".

All the best bro.
Thank you so much. I respect and accept your opinion. But what about the lady? If I leave her in this phase of her life, how do you think she would feel? When I hinted her on what's going on, she was so depressed and heartbroken.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Captainswag225(m): 11:52am On May 26, 2015
Ay92:
This is a follow up to a thread I commented on earlier today. I actually have the same problem too and don't know what to do. My parents' over-dependence on these pastors really baffles me. There's a lady that I love but my parents don't like because of what their Pastor said. If I leave this girl, she may even commit suicide because I'm like all she's got and she's also all I've got. But if I disobey my parents, won't I be sinning against God? And God forbid that I encounter a problem with her in the future, my parents will simply say they've warned me.
whats the reasons for which your parents are against u marrying this lady?
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2015
intbizoil:
Op am also in your shoes too but if you are a child of God, definitely God will speak to you convincingly that your partner is the right one for you. As for me i have perfect peace with my partner, I see her in my future. Flimsy reasons like denomination and background is what is tearing my parent's choice away from her. Marriage is an institution that once you enter you cannot come out. I have decided to follow my heart cos me and my parents will not live together. So your happiness first my brother more than anything. The blessings maketh rich and addeth no sorrow. If you allow your parents now to have their way, their wave of influence in your new home might be too much to bear.
I can confidently say that I'm close enough to God( though I know that I can do better). But I don't know why God is not showing me anything concerning this matter ( God normally shows me a lot of things that do usually come to pass).
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 12:20pm On May 26, 2015
Captainswag225:
whats the reasons for which your parents are against u marrying this lady?
They made the decision based on what a Pastor told them
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by pgirlpgirl(f): 12:46pm On May 26, 2015
pls, i want to ask .Have ur gf given u any reason to
leave her? Do u think you realy want to spend the
rest of your life with her? what if she tells u her parents dnt approve of the marriage because of what their pastor said and for dat reason she's calling of d wedding, how will u feel?. Do u think u're being fair n balanced in your decision. The ultimate decision is in your hands...
while i say obedience to one's parent is important, u as a man on your own has to make a decision in life n stand by it.* VERY IMPORTANT*. But i think your parents excuse on pastors sayings is not solid enough.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Captainswag225(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2015
Ay92:

They made the decision based on what a Pastor told them
do u think what the pastor said was true? Coz if its not u can visit another man of GOD for his opinion.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by WhyAWhy(m): 2:39pm On May 26, 2015
How come all these pastors sabi future partner and yet they can't profer solutions to the future of Nigeria. So typical. Either you follow your parents wishes or not, every marriage will have its own peculiar challenge, twists and turns. Marry the person you love and make sure you are in right standing with God. Every born-again christian is a child of God and has equal opportunity to know the mind of God too.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Ay92(m): 4:41pm On May 26, 2015
Captainswag225:
do u think what the pastor said was true? Coz if its not u can visit another man of GOD for his opinion.
I don't think what the Pastor said is true. And I also don't like visiting pastors for consultations
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Captainswag225(m): 5:06pm On May 26, 2015
Ay92:

I don't think what the Pastor said is true. And I also don't like visiting pastors for consultations
okay then just try to get your parents to accept your g.f.... Show them how much u love her.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Princess4eva(f): 5:29pm On May 26, 2015
dotsdavidson:

Hmmm.......n, Talking from experience. Your words are so powerful, they seared thru me like a sword. If only op will borrow a leaf. Marriage isn't to b toyed with. I don't kno bout prophesies bt elderly advice is invaluable.

@ OP, I am married and my marriage is doing fine. None of the parents opposed the union so I really don't have the wealth of experience to share with you.

Be that as it may, u can seek advice from a neutral person, who is impartial and modest, who knows u, ur family nd girlfriend well enough. I wish u the best.
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 26, 2015
Ay92:

I am wondering why your desire is not important to your parents and the pastors opinion is so weighty? Why are you being treated like a little boy. Do you trust yourself and the decision you have made to marry this woman? If you don't completely trust yourself well then you may have to listen to your parents. You may even marry a woman your parents choose for you and still have problems in future what exactly will then be their role because you seem deeply worried about future parental abandonment if you encounter marital challenges.

Ask your parents and the pastor what their concerns are.

All in all this is a very personal decision because you will be the one living with your wife and raising your kids. Check with yourself if this woman is really and truly what you want because i believe you should marry a person you are willing to go the extra mile for and this is the first test of "extra mile" for her.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by dotsdavidson(m): 7:26pm On May 26, 2015
Ay92:

Thank you so much. I respect and accept your opinion. But what about the lady? If I leave her in this phase of her life, how do you think she would feel? When I hinted her on what's going on, she was so depressed and heartbroken.

The lady is definitely going to feel bad and disappointed that you can not go against your parent's wish. Friends will call you all sort of names and advise you to grow up that you are not man enough. Take all this in your strides and forge gallantly ahead. When the risk crystallises in the future, all these advisers and friends will desert you and you will be left with only one set of people; your family.

Back to the sweet lady, explain things to her and let her know you can never disobey your folks. She will attempt to convince you but please stick to your gun! Begin to give her gap immediately and see her less. She will take a walk overtime.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by publicenemy(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2015
Lol
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by publicenemy(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2015
Ay92:

You are a man and ur decision is urs. If you encounter problems with her in future will you be running back to ur parents?

Dude grow up...

1 Like

Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by boynigeria(m): 7:39pm On May 26, 2015
man up and take a stand or marry ur parent cos they will always find fault in anyone u bring
all dis parents wey be say if their pikin cough small dem do go mountain(ori oke) where dem go add join wetin dey do dem before
Re: My Parents Are Against A Lady I'm In Love With by lastnogood(f): 11:53pm On May 26, 2015
I'm not getting what the big problem is. This is a prophesy about you and your life... You have every right, if you come boldly and with humility to ask your father who is in heaven for his divine direction.

I for one, am not going to make my decisions based on one source alone. The bible says to test the spirit. So test it, look in the word and in your heart. Am not saying to disobey your parents, but this is a decision that week potentially turn you from child to parent. It's going to put you from son to head of the family. So, if there's ever a time to learn about calling on, waiting for and trusting God for yourself, it's now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys! 7 Qualities Ladies Want You To Have / Photo: What Kind Of Family Is This?? / What Is The Opposite Of Original

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.