Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? (1570 Views)

How Come Nigerians Don't Respect Or Value Igbo Views Or Way Of Thinking? / How Come Where I Grew Up In Naija No One Uses The Word Useless! / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by onila(f): 3:03am On May 25, 2015
how come everyone has their own racist stories to tell except me
I have never experienced direct racism
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by lepasharon(f): 3:05am On May 25, 2015
same here !
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by HungerBAD: 3:18am On May 25, 2015
The two writers above me are probably racist.

If you are a RACIST, you have no story to tell as you are the STORY.

9 Likes

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 3:27am On May 25, 2015
Same. I suppose that's a good thing, isn't it?
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by onila(f): 3:46am On May 25, 2015
HungerBAD:

bullshit
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by onila(f): 3:47am On May 25, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Same. I suppose that's a good thing, isn't it?
that shows we are good girls smiley
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by JiggamanGh: 4:01am On May 25, 2015
onila:

So if a person experiences racism that means they are the bad one, the person expressing the racism has nothing to do with it.

You can't control what others think about you, and you shouldn't change yourself for someone to like you.

5 Likes

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Tallesty1(m): 5:26am On May 25, 2015
JiggamanGh:

So if a person experiences racism that means they are the bad one, the person expressing the racism has nothing to do with it.

You can't control what others think about you, and you shouldn't change yourself for someone to like you.
Do you think it is only fuel that's scarce now?

There's scarcity of common sense too.

3 Likes

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by lepasharon(f): 5:54am On May 25, 2015
HungerBAD:

lol wut ? blacks aren't racist. We love and accept all races, but they all hate us.
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Fulaman198(m): 6:17am On May 25, 2015
lepasharon:

lol wut ? blacks aren't racist. We love and accept all races, but they all hate us.

That's why blacks are constantly looked down upon.

If Africans cared for themselves and showed toughness and a willingness to advance to be the most technologically advanced nations in the world, then people would respect Africans.

Sadly, we live in a world where kind and gentle people are not respected. It's always the mean and power hungry people who are respected and never forgotten.

3 Likes

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by AAinEqGuinea: 7:04am On May 25, 2015
onila:
how come everyone has their own racist stories to tell except me
I have never experienced direct racism

You're a female and not a threat... you're probably more of a fetish to them.
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 25, 2015
onila:

...simply that most people aren't racist.
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 10:24am On May 25, 2015
lepasharon:

Do you really believe this?

2 Likes

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 25, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

...simply that most people aren't racist.

Or simply that most people have enough sense to know that being openly racist is no longer a thing.
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by adamskutty(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2015
As for me, I am only racist to racists. grin

there was this white American racist group on fb, the day i joined that group eh, i ran it down to zero, the racist guys became victims of racism. grin grin

I totally destroyed that group, the group has since been blocked thou.

4 Likes

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 25, 2015
HungerBAD:

Not directly experiencing racism = being racist

#Logic

1 Like

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by lepasharon(f): 8:22pm On May 25, 2015
Radoillo:

Do you really believe this?

Comon now the only time blacks get racist is after other races throw the first stone. They have hated us from the beginning undecided

1 Like

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 25, 2015
But Africans are "Tribalists". Take a look at the Igbo vs Yoruba battles that have been taking place here on nairaland.

lepasharon:

Comon now the only time blacks get racist is after other races throw the first stone. They have hated us from the beginning undecided
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 2:06am On May 26, 2015
lepasharon:

Lmao... there's no such thing as 'reverse racism'.

1 Like

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 7:37am On May 26, 2015
Radoillo:

Or simply that most people have enough sense to know that being openly racist is no longer a thing.

Dubious, no? Duplicitous, certainly. To what end would an actual racist continuously mask their true feelings to convey instead acceptance, care, kindness, friendship, love?
Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by PerlaNera: 8:38pm On May 27, 2015
https://instagram.com/p/2oyb7BP4jY/hat's racism? What's tribalism What's nepotism?
Are they not all forms of essential wickedness, discrimination and prejudice by humans to other humans. Inasmuch I consider myself a Pan-Africanist still I don't believe a concrete racism exists. When my countryman hurts me, we say he's bad, but if a white man does the same, we say he's a racist. I see everyone as an individual. I've been to places, I've found that everyone is different and that who is bad is bad, no need seeing his race.
Let's begin to free our minds from such thoughts. Aren't we racists? If we hear our son or daughter marries from another race, we feel sceptical about it.

https://instagram.com/p/2oyb7BP4jY/

1 Like

Re: How Come Everyone Has Their Own Racist Stories To Tell Except Me? by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 27, 2015
PerlaNera:
https://instagram.com/p/2oyb7BP4jY/hat's racism? What's tribalism What's nepotism?
Are they not all forms of essential wickedness, discrimination and prejudice by humans to other humans. Inasmuch I consider myself a Pan-Africanist still I don't believe a concrete racism exists. When my countryman hurts me, we say he's bad, but if a white man does the same, we say he's a racist. I see everyone as an individual. I've been to places, I've found that everyone is different and that who is bad is bad, no need seeing his race.
Let's begin to free our minds from such thoughts. Aren't we racists? If we hear our son or daughter marries from another race, we feel sceptical about it.

https://instagram.com/p/2oyb7BP4jY/

Totally agree. People make too big of a deal skin colour and race baiters piss me off

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? / Unique Traditional Marriage Customs In Odobaji, Olamboro L.G.A Of Kogi State / Eluku Festival 2018: Two Nights Of Curfew In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.