Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

'Tragicomic' State Of Nigeria Without Electricity. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'Tragicomic' State Of Nigeria Without Electricity. (606 Views)

LASG CCTV Van Stuck On Electricity Cables At Abule Egba (photos) / See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Tragicomic' State Of Nigeria Without Electricity. by ayobase(m): 3:48pm On May 25, 2015
I woke this morning in Minna beholding the birth of a new Nigeria with no light as a result of unusual power failure from Shiroro. They said there is drop in water level.

My feeder was supposed to have supply from 0000hr-0400hr. Though, it has been 8hrs in service, and 16hrs out of service on load shedding since power deteriorated.

The occurence of sytem failure at Shiroro yesterday evening remains the pointer to this recent and might-not-be-quickly-resolved black-out.

For those who wanna hug transformer without dying, this is the best period o!

132/33/11KV sub-station in Minna is out of supply since yesterday.

Meanwhile, only Katampe, Abuja (power state) is on potential from Shiroro. GEJ won't know sey we dey suffer aswear.

Sooner or later, the service providers (MTN, Glo, Etisalat, Zain and others) will start shutting down some masts due to shortage of gas as well as some banks. GTB sef go dey close by 1pm as from today.

You see? 'No Money' is coming on the way. The batteries which power the ATM need electricity to be charged.

In conclusion,
'No Fuel' yesterday.
'No Electricity' and 'No Water' today.
'No Network' and 'No Money' fit join tomorrow.

Imagine salary paid, but no way to withdraw.

My feofle, be prepared for 'ATM Queue' of the century if banking sector becomes involved in this quagmire.

This case is tragicomedy fah.......I have never experienced a day as this since dem born for here.

The song, "se na like this we go dey dey" by Wande Coal plays in mind. I dey go house go play the track 5 times.

Always do remember Buhari/Osibanjo, and the new elected officers in ur prayers.

http://johnomolaolu..co.uk/2015/05/tragicomic-state-of-nigeria-today-what.html?m=1
Re: 'Tragicomic' State Of Nigeria Without Electricity. by Svelteb(f): 4:29pm On May 25, 2015
The situation is really getting out of hand oo, imagine having to pay 3x more to get to work today it wasn't funny at all and the road wasso free like a tailor's legs grin. I pray that the problem is resolved ASAP oo....i even heard some1 saying the strike is called off but dunno know ao authentic the news is sha.
Re: 'Tragicomic' State Of Nigeria Without Electricity. by ayobase(m): 7:51pm On May 25, 2015
Svelteb:
The situation is really getting out of hand oo, imagine having to pay 3x more to get to work today it wasn't funny at all and the road wasso free like a tailor's legs grin. I pray that the problem is resolved ASAP oo....i even heard some1 saying the strike is called off but dunno know ao authentic the news is sha.

I pray so as well.

I am tired of "....I heard.....", ".....dem say...." and all.

Until it happens, I falls for no fact or fabrication.

Imagine, no fuel and light.......the economy has definitely crumbled with certainty of inflation. it is happening already.
Re: 'Tragicomic' State Of Nigeria Without Electricity. by ayobase(m): 7:01am On May 26, 2015
It now day 2 today, Shiroro is yet to recover from the system failure/collapse.

The whole of Niger State still on total black-out.....Suleja might be an exception since Katampe might be supplying them with potential.

What is the situation of Electricity in your area?

(1) (Reply)

MTN Ipulse 5naira For 5mb Now Working In A New Way <<check Out You Self>> / Photo: Man Narrates How He Escaped Death During Boko Haram Attack / Nicknames: What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.