Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World (36667 Views)

Jumia Partners With Mtn For Free Internet In Nigeria / Discover the 10 Most Powerful Tips of Digital Marketing in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Yemiolads(f): 6:08pm On May 25, 2015
Lagos state reportedly boasts of the fastest internet speed in Nigeria with about 4.08Mbps (Megabits per second). Abuja comes next with an average of 3.34Mbps, and all the other states fall in behind. If you think that is fast, wait until you see what is happening in other parts of the World. The no 10 country on this list has an average internet speed of 12.1Mbps! We haven't started in Nigeria at all, we are what you would call 'learners'.

10. Finland

Average Mbps: 12.1. Internet speeds have increased 33% over the last year.

9. Czech Republic

Average Mbps: 12.3. Internet speeds have increased 8.4% over the last year.

8. Ireland

Average Mbps: 12.7. Internet speeds have increased 24% over the last year.

7. Latvia

Average Mbps: 13. Internet speeds have increased 25% over the last year.

6. The Netherlands

Average Mbps: 14.2. Internet speeds have increased 15% over the last year.

5. Switzerland

Average Mbps: 14.5. Internet speeds have increased 21% over the last year.

4. Sweden

Average Mbps: 14.6. Internet speeds have increased 34% over the last year.

3. Japan

Average Mbps: 15.2. Internet speeds have increased 16% over the last year.

2. Hong Kong

Average Mbps: 16.8. Internet speeds have increased 37% over the last year.

1. South Korea

Average Mbps: 22.2. Internet speeds have increased 1.6% over the last year.

Notice how nos 1-3 fall into the category of people we call 'chinco'. While we are busy making jokes about these people - that they speak bad English and their products don't last - they are busy quietly taking over the World in everyway.

Our internet providers really need to step up the game!

Culled from: http://www.opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/from-around-world-top-10-countries-with.html

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Dmayor7(m): 10:19pm On May 25, 2015
Yemiolads:
Lagos state reportedly boasts of the fastest internet speed in Nigeria with about 4.08Mbps (Megabits per second). Abuja comes next with an average of 3.34Mbps, and all the other states fall in behind.

I am sorry but i have to point out that you made some honest mistakes with your figures.

As confirmed by Akamai technologies global internet platform.

Lagos has a download speed of 4.72 mbps

Abuja comes with 4.13 mbps download speed

Even Port Harcourt tops them with a download speed of 5.01 mpbs

But the surprise here is that IBADAN is the state with the highest internet speed in Nigeria. It has a download speed of 7.4 mbps and an upload speed of 5.8 mpbs.

While Nigeria our beloved country is the highest in Africa with an average internet speed of 322 kbps and a peak rate of 5674 kbps.. Though i agree with you that it is not yet uhuru for we Nigerians when you compare with other global countries.

You can read my post about it for more clarification.

Thanks

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by proxitaly: 11:52am On May 26, 2015
wow!

That was how I couldn't buy anything at the last aliexpress 11:11 sales because of internet speed undecided undecided lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Bonapart(m): 11:52am On May 26, 2015
Wats the op saying...
you want Nigeria to be a match compare to South Korea.?
Even if they fold them hands for hundred years Nigeria won't be a match still
Or are you a learner

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by asumo12: 11:53am On May 26, 2015
Crap!

undecided

tchidi

tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by LMAyedun(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2015
Average Mbps: 22.2. Internet speeds have increased 1.6% over the last year. shocked shocked

Happy birthday to me
Meanwhile, Just 50Likes will do, to mark my day with me

141 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 11:54am On May 26, 2015
undecided undecided

Bia, Asumo12, tongue tongue to you too...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by joystickextendr: 11:54am On May 26, 2015
Hmm. Okay

Meanwhile do u want to know how u can enlarge your joystick and stop premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by dsmooth1(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2015
What of U. S cant find dem on d list,despite their moves with demonstation of high n fast internet usage

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by troot: 11:56am On May 26, 2015
I beg to differ

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Immarshall: 11:56am On May 26, 2015
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by timiwillson: 11:56am On May 26, 2015
good to hear when 9ja go join?

MTN Unlimited Night Free Browsing http:///oqvfL1
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by elohorayodele: 11:56am On May 26, 2015
Yemiolads:
Lagos state reportedly boasts of the fastest internet speed in Nigeria with about 4.08Mbps (Megabits per second). Abuja comes next with an average of 3.34Mbps, and all the other states fall in behind. If you think that is fast, wait until you see what is happening in other parts of the World. The no 10 country on this list has an average internet speed of 12.1Mbps! We haven't started in Nigeria at all, we are what you would call 'learners'.

10. Finland

Average Mbps: 12.1. Internet speeds have increased 33% over the last year.

9. Czech Republic

Average Mbps: 12.3. Internet speeds have increased 8.4% over the last year.

8. Ireland

Average Mbps: 12.7. Internet speeds have increased 24% over the last year.

7. Latvia

Average Mbps: 13. Internet speeds have increased 25% over the last year.

6. The Netherlands

Average Mbps: 14.2. Internet speeds have increased 15% over the last year.

5. Switzerland

Average Mbps: 14.5. Internet speeds have increased 21% over the last year.

4. Sweden

Average Mbps: 14.6. Internet speeds have increased 34% over the last year.

3. Japan

Average Mbps: 15.2. Internet speeds have increased 16% over the last year.

2. Hong Kong

Average Mbps: 16.8. Internet speeds have increased 37% over the last year.

1. South Korea

Average Mbps: 22.2. Internet speeds have increased 1.6% over the last year.

Notice how nos 1-3 fall into the category of people we call 'chinco'. While we are busy making jokes about these people - that they speak bad English and their products don't last - they are busy quietly taking over the World in everyway.

Our internet providers really need to step up the game!

Culled from: http://www.opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/from-around-world-top-10-countries-with.html

nigeria will be in 200th spot

probably just ahead of war torn countries like afghanistan, iraq, somalia, DRC etc

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by intergral(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2015
Op point of correction those countries are not what nigerians refer to chinko!!! Where do u think Samsung phones being manufactured is it not korea, the toyota cars you see all over Nigeria is made in japan...
Any way I see nigeria inside that list very soon.
Baba Installing 99.2%...

11 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 11:57am On May 26, 2015
Even the so called 4mbps in Nigeria is never realised. It's just at the word level that we see it! We have a very LONG way to go in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by gbaby4live: 11:57am On May 26, 2015
Dmayor7:

I am sorry but i have to point out that you made some honest mistakes with your figures.

But the surprise here is that IBADAN is the state with the highest internet speed in Nigeria. It has a download speed of 7.4 mbps and an upload speed of 5.8 mpbs.

While Nigeria our beloved country is the highest in Africa with an average internet speed of 322 kbps and a peak rate of 5674 kbps.. Though i agree with you that it is not yet uhuru for we Nigerians when you compare with other global countries.

Thanks
You are Right BRO...

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by yorke1: 11:58am On May 26, 2015
Nigeria should be on that list
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Ymodulus: 11:58am On May 26, 2015
your speed still not that fast.
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by warrenweste(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2015
Dmayor7:

Thanks

Ibadan ke? Pls which network in Ibadan is that fast? Smile spectranet or which one

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by josephobaro(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2015
We will get there soon
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Sola15(m): 11:59am On May 26, 2015
Naija wud be within 50. Lolzzzz
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 26, 2015
Uk and US no even smell the list,na wa oh
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by elohorayodele: 12:00pm On May 26, 2015
Dmayor7:

Thanks

sorry to bust your bubble, pls check this link: http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

RSA, ethiopia, kenya, angola, zimbabwe namibia, lesotho, rwanda, mauritius, seychelles, sao tome and principe all have a higher download speed than naija

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 26, 2015
OK
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by omoadeleye(m): 12:02pm On May 26, 2015
me still dey boast of 1.02mbps lipsrsealed
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 26, 2015
mehn ...kudos to Asia and Europe.
these continents are the giants of world. I wish Africa would be there someday.

where are the Americans?undecided

can't find them on the list

1 Like

Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by Psylas(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2015
Japan should be no 1
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by justi4jesu(f): 12:04pm On May 26, 2015
Where is Nigeria?It should be at-least among top 10 *covers face*
Re: The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World by baybeeboi: 12:04pm On May 26, 2015
and where is Sambisa on that list?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / MMM Dominates Google Trend As Crash Fears Heighten / Elon Musk Terminates His $44 Billion Twitter Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.