Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:09 PM

Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case (1709 Views)

Apc's Bayelsa Governorship Candidate Timipre Sylva Distributing Alcohol(Video) / Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother / Channelstv Mistakenly Announced D Death Of Timipre Silva.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by DaPhilosopher(m): 6:45pm On May 25, 2015
Festus Keyamo, the counsel for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) prosecuting former Governor Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva and chairman of General Muhammed Buhari’s inauguration committee for alleged financial crimes has withdrawn.

He stated this in a letter addressed to the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, stating that the developments which necessitated his withdrawal may hamper his effective, efficient and vigorous prosecution of the charge, duties that are expected of every prosecution counsel.

Be it as it may, he therefore requested on the EFCC to permit him return the case files to the commission for re-assignment to another lawyer due for prosecution.

Festus Keyamo joined the All Progressive Congress (APC), the same party with Timipre Sylva who left the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) over his failure to secure a second term in office.

http://vibes247.com/keyamo-withdraws-as-prosecutor-of-timipre-sylvas-efcc-case/

Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by marjson(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2015
Why now?
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by Beremx(f): 7:08pm On May 25, 2015
marjson:
Why now?
he cannot prosecute his brother from the same political party.

O'tan!

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by ishiamu(m): 7:15pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:
he cannot prosecute his brother from the same political party.

O'tan!

Is that so? That is good
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by Ezenwammadu(m): 7:20pm On May 25, 2015
Keynamo has never won a case under EFCC...FACT

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by themilanway(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2015
So EFCC is still functioning? grin grin grin
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 25, 2015
Apc things, yeye people.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by Chigold101(m): 7:58pm On May 25, 2015
WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION:-

This is how we will fight corruption when APC government takes oath of office on friday.

Keyemo is afraid of being killed or blackmailed. He wants to remain a loyal party man by covering and abeting crime...

I pity for everybody that lives in this zoo called Nigeria.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by ShowYourCertificate: 11:21am On May 27, 2015
Festus Keyamo is now a confirmed partisan prosecutor. How can he withdraw from a prosecution case against Timpre Sylvia. A corruption case for that matter.

Fellow Nigerians get ready for more of this selective prosecution in the fight against corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by Nobody: 11:24am On May 27, 2015
where is boohorrors school certificate ?
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by socialmediaman: 11:29am On May 27, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Festus Keyamo is now a confirmed partisan prosecutor. How can he withdraw from a prosecution case against Timpre Sylvia. A corruption case for that matter.

Fellow Nigerians get ready for more of this selective prosecution in the fight against corruption.

He withdrew from a case involving his party member, that's the right thing to do, EFCC should hire someone who's sympathetic to The PDP or better still, a PDP member to handle the case.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by ShowYourCertificate: 7:30am On May 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

He withdrew from a case involving his party member, that's the right thing to do, EFCC should hire someone who's sympathetic to The PDP or better still, a PDP member to handle the case.
Oh, this is interesting. So the fight against corruption requires partisanship abi? It is well.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by focus7: 8:48am On May 28, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

in order to avoid partisanship at the persecution that's why he resigned.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by Chiaka(f): 8:59am On May 28, 2015
Excuse not accepted though!
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by socialmediaman: 9:18pm On May 28, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Oh, this is interesting. So the fight against corruption requires partisanship abi? It is well.

Even in the US, when a ruling is to be made on a black man, the court makes sure there are equal amount of blacks and whites in the jury, to avoid controversy. By the way, isn't this what PDP wanted, for him not to prosecute the case? Shouldn't you be celebrating that you got your wish?
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by ShowYourCertificate: 9:57pm On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

Even in the US, when a ruling is to be made on a black man, the court makes sure there are equal amount of blacks and whites in the jury, to avoid controversy. By the way, isn't this what PDP wanted, for him not to prosecute the case? Shouldn't you be celebrating that you got your wish?
Bros your argument does not hold water. This is a party thing and not a racist thing. But if we are to assume your example applies, then the right thing would be to ensure "there are equal amount of" APC and PDP lawyers in EFCC prosecution team. Why must Keyamo pull out, why not just add a PDP lawyer to counterbalance?
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by socialmediaman: 10:07pm On May 29, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Bros your argument does not hold water. This is a party thing and not a racist thing. But if we are to assume your example applies, then the right thing would be to ensure "there are equal amount of" APC and PDP lawyers in EFCC prosecution team. Why must Keyamo pull out, why not just add a PDP lawyer to counterbalance?

If you ask me Na who I go come ask? shouldnt you be asking the EFCC? Or did he hire himself for the EFCC? Or is he the only lawyer that prosecutes for the EFCC? Definitely he had to step down in the interest of fairness because he wouldn't want a controversy that may arise from the matter. If he loses the case for instance, people would say he did that intentionally, so let someone else more neutral prosecute the case. By the way, wasn't it PDP that raised red flags in the first place about his being the prosecuting lawyer? if you want someone to blame, blame your party people for their verbal interference
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by ShowYourCertificate: 10:41pm On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

If you ask me Na who I go come ask? shouldnt you be asking the EFCC? Or did he hire himself for the EFCC? Or is he the only lawyer that prosecutes for the EFCC? Definitely he had to step down in the interest of fairness because he wouldn't want a controversy that may arise from the matter. If he loses the case for instance, people would say he did that intentionally, so let someone else more neutral prosecute the case. By the way, wasn't it PDP that raised red flags in the first place about his being the prosecuting lawyer? if you want someone to blame, blame your party people for their verbal interference
Again your argument doesn't hold water. Why would he prosecute Fani Kayode who's in another party and opt out from that of Sylvia? Don't you also think that "controversy may arise" in the Fani Kayode's case as the PDP might claim Keyamo is simply playing the APC card which is to witch hunt Fani Kayode.

Did the PDP raise red flags against Keyamo prosecuting Sylvia? Please can you provide me links of such verbal interference.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by socialmediaman: 3:40am On May 30, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Again your argument doesn't hold water. Why would he prosecute Fani Kayode who's in another party and opt out from that of Sylvia? Don't you also think that "controversy may arise" in the Fani Kayode's case as the PDP might claim Keyamo is simply playing the APC card which is to witch hunt Fani Kayode.

Did the PDP raise red flags against Keyamo prosecuting Sylvia? Please can you provide me links of such verbal interference.

In this case, Festus Keyamo's duty is to find the accused person guilty and jail him, that's the mandate EFCC gave him, but if the accused person shares some relationship with him, then it's normal to step aside to avoid sentiments or controversy or accusations from PDP. Lawyers prefer to handle cases where they share no sentiments whatever with the accused person, so they can do their jobs without sentiments, it's very normal.

These are comments from some of your friends that raised some red flags on this issue:

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn#33858998

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn#33858353

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn#33861706

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn/1#33863478
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by Nobody: 4:22am On May 30, 2015
Selective justice. This is not change
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by ShowYourCertificate: 7:12am On May 30, 2015
socialmediaman:

In this case, Festus Keyamo's duty is to find the accused person guilty and jail him, that's the mandate EFCC gave him, but if the accused person shares some relationship with him, then it's normal to step aside to avoid sentiments or controversy or accusations from PDP. Lawyers prefer to handle cases where they share no sentiments whatever with the accused person, so they can do their jobs without sentiments, it's very normal.

These are comments from some of your friends that raised some red flags on this issue:

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn#33858998

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn#33858353

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn#33861706

https://www.nairaland.com/2321700/efcc-re-arraigns-timipre-sylva-n2.45bn/1#33863478
It seems you don't understand my line of argument. Okay let me make it easy for you. Now look at your comment where I bolded, you said Lawyers don't like handling cases where they share sentiments. If that be the case, why is Keyamo still the prosecutor in Fani Kayode's case? Don't you think his affiliation with an opposition party to Kayode's party could churn out negative sentiments during the trial? The Judge of the case might also notice it and this could affect the case.

I think Festus Keyamo shouldn't prosecute any politician at all since he is a politician. The biggest mistake he made was to become partisan. A seasoned lawyer and activist such as Keyamo shouldn't have joined politics.

Concerning your links. It's funny you are giving me links of nairalanders comments as the statement of PDP. I won't be surprised if you also mention my comments as the official statement of the PDP.....lol. Bros, I'm not a PDP member. I hate politicians generally, they are mostly insincere. But what I detest the most is deceit and hypocrisy. APC is a party made of bunch of criminals who changed political affiliationfrom PDP. And because they have changed party they are now self-righteous and now have the temerity to call PDP criminals. They are all brood of vipers. They should remove the log of wood in their eyes before looking for the speck of wood to remove in other parties eyes.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by socialmediaman: 7:44am On May 30, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
It seems you don't understand my line of argument. Okay let me make it easy for you. Now look at your comment where I bolded, you said Lawyers don't like handling cases where they share sentiments. If that be the case, why is Keyamo still the prosecutor in Fani Kayode's case? Don't you think his affiliation with an opposition party to Kayode's party could churn out negative sentiments during the trial? The Judge of the case might also notice it and this could affect the case.

I think Festus Keyamo shouldn't prosecute any politician at all since he is a politician. The biggest mistake he made was to become partisan. A seasoned lawyer and activist such as Keyamo shouldn't have joined politics.

Concerning your links. It's funny you are giving me links of nairalanders comments as the statement of PDP. I won't be surprised if you also mention my comments as the official statement of the PDP.....lol. Bros, I'm not a PDP member. I hate politicians generally, they are mostly insincere. But what I detest the most is deceit and hypocrisy. APC is a party made of bunch of criminals who changed political affiliationfrom PDP. And because they have changed party they are now self-righteous and now have the temerity to call PDP criminals. They are all brood of vipers. They should remove the log of wood in their eyes before looking for the speck of wood to remove in other parties eyes.

On Fani Kayode's issue, Fani is a PDP member, in the opposition party, that's a very good scenario to use a lawyer from the APC or better still, A neutral lawyer, because like I mentioned earlier "Festus Keyamo's job is to find him guilty and jail him"... In order to do that, you need a lawyer who believes the client is guilty. The law is not unfair in that regard because they also allow you a lawyer to defend yourself and nullify his efforts to jail you.

Festus Keyamo is not the judge in this matter, he has a case to prove and if he got no evidence, he cannot find Fani guilty. Even if you were to use a neutral lawyer, it won't make a difference cos his job would still be to do everything possible to find the client guilty

On the comment links I showed you, maybe you don't work for the PDP but be rest assured that politicians use nairaland too under anonymous pretext. Nairaland is the most visited website in Nigeria so we all remain anonymous but some of us have party or government links, that's a fact
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by ShowYourCertificate: 10:12am On May 30, 2015
socialmediaman:

On Fani Kayode's issue, Fani is a PDP member, in the opposition party, that's a very good scenario to use a lawyer from the APC or better still, A neutral lawyer, because like I mentioned earlier "Festus Keyamo's job is to find him guilty and jail him"... In order to do that, you need a lawyer who believes the client is guilty. The law is not unfair in that regard because they also allow you a lawyer to defend yourself and nullify his efforts to jail you.

Festus Keyamo is not the judge in this matter, he has a case to prove and if he got no evidence, he cannot find Fani guilty. Even if you were to use a neutral lawyer, it won't make a difference cos his job would still be to do everything possible to find the client guilty

On the comment links I showed you, maybe you don't work for the PDP but be rest assured that politicians use nairaland too under anonymous pretext. Nairaland is the most visited website in Nigeria so we all remain anonymous but some of us have party or government links, that's a fact
OK good luck with your selective prosecution. I guess all corrupt politicians in APC can now heave a sigh of relief.

I laugh at APC in their fight against corruption.
Re: Keyamo Withdraws As Prosecutor Of Timipre Sylva’s EFCC Case by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2015
Silva was at the Inaugural dinner yesterday...So what do u expect APC we are watching

(1) (Reply)

Live Video: Akwa Ibom Governorship Inauguration And Swearing-in Ceremony / Lucky Imasuen, Ex - Deputy Governor , Others Dump PDP For APC / Original Photo Of Oshiomole And Amaechi That Was Photoshoped.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.