Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) (86220 Views)

Eko Atlantic Set To Become West Africa's Financial Hub / Eko Atlantic City Completes Eko Boulevard, Nigeria’s First 8 Lane City Road / Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by scholes0(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

What % of UK looks like this after EACH rainfall year in, year out

You are just a bitter PDP.i.g LOL
Eeehya, sorry o! ... your party is officially DEAD, and will never rule Lagos nor the larger portions % of Naija again.

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Skywalker5(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:

Everyone is saying the same thing in UK and USA. The excitement is through the roof.

Obinna has already booked a space there. That's a smart guy. He is ready for the future.

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 9:02am On May 26, 2015
I'm not happy about the project, why waste all that kind of money there and leave the Lagos Mainland to rot.

Majority of Nigerians can't even afford to pay their rent not to talk of buying a home. i think we're not ready for that now.

Provide affordable homes and feed the nation. Steady power supply is not available. I wonder how they plan to power the project.

Ok fine, It is privately funded project abi. The government must agree with them before they can start. Why can't the government ask them to use that money on pressing matters instead.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:03am On May 26, 2015
scholes0:
Every single thread in Naija turns into some sort of tribal bashing.

Anyways, this is a Wonderful thread.... I can't wait to start seeing the skyscrapers on the Lagos shoreline..... manhattan 2.0 (Naija style), the New hub for West and Central Africa.

New hub filled with many children that cannot go to school at all while the few who can attend only 2,000 PUBLIC schools out of a total of 14,000 schools i.e. 14% FAILURE! Most of the 12,000 private schools that fill the gap of the state's ABANDONED responsibility to its future workforce are not even supervised nor monitored!
Yet the governor has no qualms boasting about it shocked

Is that the standard in Manhattan, NY, USA

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Pangea: 9:03am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:

I am hearing rumors of between $600,000 - $9000000(for exquisite penthouse).
To keep with the spirit of this thread, I will send an email to 'sales@ekopearl.com' to have a more realistic ballpark figures.

shocked shocked shocked
Wetin naa?
Na Burj Khalifa?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by scholes0(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

New hub filled with many children that cannot go to school at all while the few who can attend only 2,000 PUBLIC schools out of a total of 14,000 schools i.e. 14% FAILURE! Most of the 12,000 private schools that fill the gap of the state's ABANDONED responsibility to its future workforce are not even supervised nor monitored!
Yet the governor has no qualms boasting about it shocked

Is that the standard in Manhattan, NY, USA

keep posting rubbish, and sharing your own posts there....
Eko Atlantic is blooming and going up...
Haters should go choke on a big fat c.ock

14 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by felixuzuh(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2015
Mami-water dey her own je je. Una dey take over her land by force. The dey wey she go vex. Una go nuh sey kaki no be leather.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2015
Guys, please educate yourself before commenting. This is a privately funded project and has no effect on Lagos state budget. I wish some of you guys can see the long term benefit of this project.

This has been argued to death.

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:07am On May 26, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Skywalker5(m): 9:07am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

What % of UK looks like this after EACH rainfall year in, year out

You cant look at it that way. I understand what you are saying but everyone has to be hopeful and not depend on the government for everything. We as Nigerians have to try and make a way out of no way. We have to be inspired to do things. If you keep complaining and talking about negative stuffs, no one will want to do anything.

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:08am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:
Guys, please educate yourself before commenting. This is a privately funded project and has no effect on Lagos state budget. I wish some of you guys can see the long term benefit of this project.

This has been argued to death.

You mean the land is NOT paid for by the developers or what exactly
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by nwadiuko1(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2015
Nice work.......

Ok make I begin stockpile money wey me go carry storm dia with business when its completed

Anyi na enye nsogbu

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by GentleToks(m): 9:10am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:

Men and women from all tribes are working hard to make this a reality. So please edit your post.

None of our business. Foreign investors are come thru FDI except the Igbos(The immigrants).

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Ojestas(m): 9:10am On May 26, 2015
[size=15pt]Wow!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by MyMouth(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2015
Una dey follow water drag land abi? OK na!

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Junipero: 9:12am On May 26, 2015
As a full-fledged Nigerian!!!....I am excited about this project!

PS:- I don't live in the South-West. F** tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:12am On May 26, 2015
Skywalker5:
You cant look at it that way. I understand what you are saying but everyone has to be hopeful and not depend on the government for everything. We as Nigerians have to try and make a way out of no way. We have to be inspired to do things. If you keep complaining and talking about negative stuffs, no one will want to do anything.

Is that how they do it in the UK, USA, Canada, Italy and those other places where Lagosians, Nigerians and black Africans are risking their lives to cross the desert and Mediterranean Sea just to be under-employed, work their arse off contributing to the development of these oyinbo societies while ours rot away WITHOUT even been acknowledged for their efforts

Rescued Mediterranean migrant gives birth to baby girl on Italian navy ship

Nigerian woman and baby, named Francesca Marina after Italy’s Marina Militare navy, are said to be healthy and will be taken to hospital.

More from: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/04/rescued-mediterranean-migrant-gives-birth-baby-girl-italian-navy-ship

Is it that we are such a SHAMELESS bunch of mofos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by 4stylz: 9:12am On May 26, 2015
Obiodunukwe:
Nice Pics.

Eko O Ni Baje ooo

This is not a state in the SE, it is a performing state. Stop the hate

Chai we are just consumed with hate these days; wetin dey happen? so people don't have right to complain about what is happening in there country Anymore? This is "FEDERAl" republic of Nigeria oh; not western region or eastern region anymore! Any Nigerian who is tired of one Nigeria should kindly report himself to the Nigeria military for proper handling

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by cvibe2: 9:12am On May 26, 2015
To all.

Don't let graphic artists use graphics to deceive you.

Activities on this Eko Atlantic project appear to have slowed drastically down after the one and half building in the pic.

Also, when it rains, flood appears to affect the site.

The place doesn't seem to be witnessing activities compared to the Lagos Homs project. Plus, Lagos Homs do not show you graphics, they show you completed houses before selling. These ones show you graphics and no houses.

Use ya mind!

My own observation

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 9:13am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

In the UK and USA do you find MOST schools in a terrible condition as in Lagos state despite a $90 million World Bank loan

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874906_img2014111800148_jpeg2ae8db776b2363f8010f35b0463c6cbb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875047_img2014111800173_jpeg9b1c3e1b830058e00636bea988489243

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875011_img2014111800152_jpeg6cc44980e82a1aa277261f905cff2476

www.nairaland.com/attachments/197514_lagos3_jpgdb2f81285505020f6eb415e9fc7f05ab

I feel bad about this, trust me. The trickle down effect, demands all the things you've listed will be positively affected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 9:16am On May 26, 2015
4stylz:

Chai we are just consumed with hate these days; wetin dey happen? so people don't have right to complain about what is happening in there country Anymore? This is "FEDERAl" republic of Nigeria oh; not western region or eastern region anymore! Any Nigerian who is tired of one Nigeria should kindly report himself to the Nigeria military for proper handling
As a southwestern I completely agree.

One Nigeria-One unity and outcry.
Most young generations abroad are excited and blind to tribalism, so I see no reason why people back home can't do the same.

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 9:16am On May 26, 2015
I want a mansion in that city! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2015
lalasticlala:
OP. Nice thread , but you need to include links where you got the pics or info from

You just said my mind sir!

By the way, i know the place were the constructions are taking place very very well.
If you ask some Lagosians they would tell you the name we call the sandfield area then.
We used to call it "Argentina". We go there almost everyday to play football. Many of my mates were hit by passing cars when they were about crossing the express to "Argentina" to play football and they usually die instantly.

Another concrete evidence that Lagos State's funds were judiciously spent by Gov. Fashola.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:21am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:
I feel bad about this, trust me. The trickle down effect, demands all the things you've listed will be positively affected.

Let me tell you a story:

A man was knocked down by a vehicle and he fell into a coma briefly. When he woke up from the coma, he failed to show that he was awake.
Why?
He was dressed expensively in latest fabric etc BUT had the cheapest underwear pant that had been EXPOSED due to the accident.
Na so dem take bury am like that oh grin grin

Moral of the story- FIX the underlying issues first instead of expecting "trickle down" effect.
Europe and America did not develop that way. They focused first and continue to focus on MASS education.
China, India, Korea etc are also doing same with outstanding results.

Our late great sage, Awo understood that and transformed the Western region in just six years (1954-1960):

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1522997_bomadi_primary_jpeg032c5435f6e2155773054653ef75b849

Sadly, the akotiletas prodigal sons of Thief'nuibu cabal that have held us in bondage since 1999 do not understand this BASIC tenet of sustainable development! embarassed undecided
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by elohorayodele: 9:21am On May 26, 2015
It is also expected that 150,000 will commute to the city daily for business.This is approximately half the population of a couple of states in the USA.

OP pls what states are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by braine(m): 9:21am On May 26, 2015
Picture quality is out of this world.

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 9:22am On May 26, 2015
mistypiper:
I'm not happy about the project, why waste all that kind of money there and leave the Lagos Mainland to rot.

Majority of Nigerians can't even afford to pay their rent not to talk of buying a home. i think we're not ready for that now.

Provide affordable homes and feed the nation. Steady power supply is not available. I wonder how they plan to power the project.

Ok fine, It is privately funded project abi. The government must agree with them before they can start. Why can't the government ask them to use that money on pressing matters instead.

How can govt tell private individuals what to use their money for? I think some of you guys just expect govt to pull up in a bullion van and start sharing money, my guy if govt does that you won't have enough to feed for the week.

Projects like these are huge employers of labour, employment is meant to alleviate poverty. If govt comes to that your so called mainland and starts demolishing homes to create something like this, its you guys that'll come back and say they hate poor people. Or is your suggestion going to be if it can't be done on the mainland then it shouldn't be done at all? If thats the case how would we ever move forward as a nation. Bold ideas are needed to get our country out of this rot, if you think the oil Naija is producing is enough to get everyone rich, you're just deceiving yourself. This project is so important in so many dimensions, its incredible how people like you do not see the huge opportunites its going to create.

My guy better go wear you thinking cap and start coming up with ways to make (legit) money off this thing. People just like you from the same background are going to make millions/billions from this project. Do not sit down there waiting for government to make your life better all they can do is create an enabling environment, its up to you to take advantage of it

20 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by ednut1(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2015
afren my future company is der lol. some of the towers hav sold out.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:26am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:
How can govt tell private individuals what to use their money for?

- Government grants the developers licence, not so?
- Government gave the land, HOPEFULLY at a good annual RENT paid to the state coffers, not so?

Apart from other IMPLICATIONS of government in this particular venture and any other private venture in the state.
Hope you understand!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by shukuratbaby: 9:27am On May 26, 2015
AMAZING AIRTEL DATA BUNDLE

ALREADY MADE SIM WITH DATA BUNDLE ALSO AVAILABLE

AIRTEL ONLY
2GB - N1000

CALL TUNDE: 08162637076, WHATSAPP NO: 08162637076. This applies to those that resides in lbadan alone
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 9:29am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

Is that how they do it in the UK, USA, Canada, Italy and those other places where Lagosians, Nigerians and black Africans are risking their lives to cross the desert and Mediterranean Sea just to be under-employed, work their arse off contributing to the development of these oyinbo societies while ours rot away WITHOUT even been acknowledged for their efforts

Is it that we are such a SHAMELESS bunch of mofos
I speak for most people( esp second generations of Nigerians abroad) when I say the reason most of us haven't come back to settle down is mostly down to the poor infrastructures. Imagine thousands of fellow Nigerians like me and my family/friends selling all their assets to relocate back to Nigeria.
Tell me this won't positively affect Nigerians. Nigerians send $20-30 billion back to Nigeria every year, imagine if they all move back to invest in the country. Nigeria economy will automatically grow by at least %10. Talk less of the improvement due to increase in expertise in many white and blue collar jobs.
The snowball effect is simply too great.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / PROFESSIONAL TOUCH IN ALUMINIUM FABRICATION(windows,doors,rails) / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.