Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. (22870 Views)

10 Bad Habits That Damages The Brain (picture) / Top-6 Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Damage / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by ekaygenie(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2015
Eating out is now the norm, most especially in our institutions. Well, eating out once in a while ain't that bad. Studies have shown that eating out so often and neglecting home cooking can be the beginning of the cultivation of bad habits. These habits have been noticed among addicted cafeteria users.

1. Dwindling cooking habits.
Many can't put 1 and 2 together to make the whole room smell nice. Their stew tastes like boiled pepper. Even among girls. They're no more used to cooking. I wonder whether you've ever been your mum's student in catering tutorials. Yea, the cafeteria is there to satisfy their hunger. What's the use of the stoves and pots anyway? Visit such in their homes or hostels; the best they'd offer you is snacks from nearby shops or a drink and a biscuit. Ladies, change! Lest another woman end up drawing your husband closer with her mouth-watering dishes.

2. We don't appreciate good home dishes anymore.
This is a big one. We are now used to those so called tasty dishes and the crazy ingredients they prepare meals with. Home made dishes which are meant to be hygienic and safe and won't contain those stuffs are now tasteless in our mouths. We just wanna keep eating funny tasting rice and the crazy looking stew. Anything different from that is trash to us. We're now a big fan of junks. Funny enough, most of us don't even know our dietary requirements. We don't know what's healthy and what's nutritious. Oh mama...! We've wasted their meals anyway.

3. Sense of conservation is zero.
The money is there! The varieties are there! The drinks are there! Why shouldn't we enjoy it all?? Bad mentality. When in the cafeteria, we'd wanna spend as much as would fill our stomachs. Most don't mind the cost. Then, you see someone stuffing the plate with four pieces of meat, sometimes, adding two eggs to it. Rice lovers. Heeheehee! I pity your wives.

4. We wanna impress.
Cute babes scattered across the room, hot guys with steak on their plates, who wanna be outdone? Seeing so many of such rich folks often spur us to wanna try our best not to look odd. We end up filling our plates with more than we can chew. And after the meal, you'd find almost half of what was paid for still inside in plate. Sensible, huh? Don't worry, your own Lazarus is waiting to condemn you.

5. Poor table manners.
This is most noticeable when they come in large groups. Throughout the meal, they'd keep on gisting and laughing loudly. They point around, swinging their forks up high. Are they actually hungry? #smh. I pity those who sit near, with every spoon of rice ingested, there's a drop of saliva to take. Lol. Abeg, next time you're sitting close to such people, get your plates away from them. I don't know how rampant mouth diseases are anyway..

6. No more sense of hygiene regarding utensils.
They'd surely come to pack the plates after you're done.. All the rice grains you spill ain't your problem. How the washed pot got to the fire, you don't care. How the spoons and forked were cleaned ain't your business. Na wa o. Now, we ain't concerned about keeping the tables neat, keeping the plates clean, keeping the kitchen tidy, and all the rests. All we know is to place our orders and pay the bills. It ain't helping us. Good habits are gradually rotting away...

What do you think, Nigerian students? I know the addicted ones won't agree... ;-)

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Bonapart(m): 12:55pm On May 26, 2015
Aahhh!!! Finally we here again FTC
Op you're on point...am not guilty of no2. My elder sis cooking was a bomb in terms of cooking. Even without much recipes on ground, her food will still taste great... She's married now anyway

I dedicate this FTC to my elder sis

10 Likes

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by asumo12: 12:55pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by okooloyun1(m): 12:55pm On May 26, 2015
Cooking at times is expensive than eating out and besides one might not have the strength to cook always.

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by aare07(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2015
Eating with left hand
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by korel9: 12:56pm On May 26, 2015
.....Would have commented but somebody just stole my 50liters of fuel

15 Likes

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by coldasice11(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by officialteemi(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2015
tu read comment....if any!!!!
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Funmiladey(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2015
Partially agree with you bt not all
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by milky3(f): 12:59pm On May 26, 2015
Nothing much
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by yinkeys(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2015
............ smiley
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by dgr8est(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2015
its gotten into me,,,, i mean the habit of eating outside... m just abt changing nao b4 it got worse
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by raayah(f): 1:01pm On May 26, 2015
If you prefer eating outside, its OK . If you'd rather cook, no problem.

Everyone knows what is best for them.

3 Likes

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by lateezy(f): 1:01pm On May 26, 2015
Niger!
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by pocohantas(f): 1:02pm On May 26, 2015
Very bad. As an undergraduate, I formed the habit of eating out. Not because I cannot cook, but because I don't have anyone to eat with me.

I love seeing people around when I am eating. It gives me appetite.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by aysugar: 1:02pm On May 26, 2015
No comments cos many are guilty.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by chubbygal(f): 1:03pm On May 26, 2015
K..
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by bettercreature(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2015
An awkward moment when a full grown man created a thread about food lol

2 Likes

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Awwal1st(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2015
One of the bad habit is:
Eating Eba or Tuwo with F uck and Knife... Lol grin
When the go somewhere they will be like they can't eat with their hands..

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Jossylard2(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2015
So true.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Xb4Real: 1:04pm On May 26, 2015
I only eat out wen left with no oda choice. I still prefer meals prepared by own hands and mom's food too whenever I visit her. As for my gals, if u can't cook in my house, don't dream of visiting again or lasting with me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by elantraceey(f): 1:06pm On May 26, 2015
pocohantas:
Very bad. As an undergraduate, I formed the habit of eating out. Not because I cannot cook, but because I don't have anyone to eat with me.
I love seeing people around when I am eating. It gives me appetite.

Sounds so much like me but I had to get used to eating alone .
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by johnemeka(m): 1:06pm On May 26, 2015
Ok...
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by anthronics: 1:11pm On May 26, 2015
4 meat or not is no ones business as long as they can afford it undecided

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by rawpadgin(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2015
y
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by 190: 1:16pm On May 26, 2015
Make I quick book space
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Yungwhy(m): 1:17pm On May 26, 2015
Na you know.. . Sai Bepo jare | We have Zeal | We are Solace

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by mimicious(f): 1:19pm On May 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 26, 2015
@op let me ask you some questions. Why cook food at home when there is no light to power the fridge. Or do you want me to cool at home and continue warming the food everyday?

2 Likes

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by mohioma: 1:20pm On May 26, 2015
bettercreature:
An awkward moment when a full grown man created a thread about food lol

Dis poo made front page! Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Your Skin Itches And The Remedies. / Woman Delivers Baby In A Keke Napep / VERY IMPORTANT : DENTAL HEALTH (Ask any question you want )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.