Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers (41954 Views)

Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Another Shocker To APC Withing 3 Days....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by generaliy07(m): 6:29am On May 26, 2015
Nigeria’s President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, says no minister will be picked by governors for the incoming administration.

General Buhari dropped the hint at the
weekend in Abuja. He insisted that he will chose his ministers by himself from the six geo-political zones, irrespective of political party and without consulting the Governors.

This is a clear departure from the tradition
of the Peoples Democratic Party, where
governors are asked to nominate
ministerial appointees.

‘Promised To Tackle Corruption’

The incoming president, who will be inaugurated on Friday, also gave an indication that he may not continue subsidy in the petroleum sector.

General Buhari also promised to tackle
corruption and block the loopholes in the
oil and gas sector as soon as possible.

He had earlier said his Cabinet would be
made up of people with requisite
experience and committed technocrats.

The President-elect said his choice of
Cabinet members would stimulate the
incoming administration towards
delivering good governance that would
meet the aspirations of Nigerians.

He also said his administration would give
priority to education, employment creation
and security, stressing that
unemployment was the biggest threat to
Nigeria.

skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/8686-buhari-hands-out-shocker-to-governors-says-they-won-t-nominate-ministers

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by kelvyn7: 6:35am On May 26, 2015
dat is just a tip of the ice berg grin

that is the kinda man we need now

I pray God Almighty gives him wisdom and protects him from d evil men in high places in the country

because the presidency is a hot seat

I know Nigeria will be better again

296 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by efilefun(m): 6:37am On May 26, 2015
This aint a fedora hat wearing drunkard who was "remote controlled" by some women and old fools.

GMB was there before and he's back to make the change he was forcefully stopped from making. May God Almighty Guide and protect him from the evil ones.

230 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by jorhney(m): 6:38am On May 26, 2015
muhahaha The journey has just begun ... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Firefire(m): 6:39am On May 26, 2015
Good move...

The so called governors should face their state to deliver good governance!

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ijoskelew: 6:39am On May 26, 2015
better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by koxi: 6:39am On May 26, 2015
This is just d beginning of more shockers to come

56 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by eleojo23: 6:39am On May 26, 2015
That's good. I hope he makes the right choices.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by justi4jesu(f): 6:40am On May 26, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by wisehuman156(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2015
Get to work General!

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ionsman: 6:40am On May 26, 2015
Baba don CHANGE am for them. ...Afterall,Apc is all about change. grin

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by agarawu23(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2015
cool cool cool nice one baba

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by drsteroid(m): 6:41am On May 26, 2015
Good news..I think this is one gud way of selecting his team 2 work with.I pray God giv him the wisdom to steer this country 2 greatness

60 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by BigElEddy(m): 6:41am On May 26, 2015
You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Una necer chi chum chin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by bonechamberlain(m): 6:41am On May 26, 2015
good.. no time for godfatherism.. all loyalty must be to the president and the Nigerian people and not to some kleptomaniac governors and politicians

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by sosanova: 6:41am On May 26, 2015
Sai Buhari
Kai Governors
grin grin grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by kent79: 6:42am On May 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by thefakestan: 6:42am On May 26, 2015
That's good news but he needs to remember what's in the constitution.

ThefakeStan
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Usman212s: 6:42am On May 26, 2015
We now have a president...

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by tempest01(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2015
This is why nigeria voted change....no pdp president could have gone away from the status quo.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Suntemi(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2015
Wishing him all the best

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by rashygenius: 6:42am On May 26, 2015
BUHARI TI SORO ATI GBO

MO NI

SAI BABA SAI BUHARI.

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ryd3(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2015
Walai I DE gbadun dis guy.... If I be woman I for spread my leg for am

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Xslaze3xd(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2015
Sai Baba

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Daliano(m): 6:43am On May 26, 2015
So Strong willed,so decisive.Nigeria must be better in my time.

Ride on the people's General.

39 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ANGELMARVE(m): 6:43am On May 26, 2015
I PRAY THIS MAN SHUD NT B ASSASINATED, "i smell a plot

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Freelancer007(m): 6:43am On May 26, 2015
GMB, my hero! The season film now showing across TV stations. Grab your copy Now grin

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by M4gunners: 6:43am On May 26, 2015
Watching from a distance.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Hormoniyi(m): 6:43am On May 26, 2015
I love this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by SomebodyLovesMe: 6:44am On May 26, 2015
This is a man that knows what he is doing.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by drsolob2(m): 6:44am On May 26, 2015
His is becoming serious

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria / Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim / Atiku Returns To Nigeria, No Assurances Of Entering US Without Being Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.