Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers (41942 Views)

Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Another Shocker To APC Withing 3 Days....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Toks2008(m): 6:56am On May 26, 2015
generaliy07:
Nigeria’s President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, says no minister will be picked by governors for the incoming administration.

General Buhari dropped the hint at the
weekend in Abuja. He insisted that he will chose his ministers by himself from the six geo-political zones, irrespective of political party and without consulting the Governors.

This is a clear departure from the tradition
of the Peoples Democratic Party, where
governors are asked to nominate
ministerial appointees.

‘Promised To Tackle Corruption’

The incoming president, who will be inaugurated on Friday, also gave an indication that he may not continue subsidy in the petroleum sector.

General Buhari also promised to tackle
corruption and block the loopholes in the
oil and gas sector as soon as possible.

He had earlier said his Cabinet would be
made up of people with requisite
experience and committed technocrats.

The President-elect said his choice of
Cabinet members would stimulate the
incoming administration towards
delivering good governance that would
meet the aspirations of Nigerians.

He also said his administration would give
priority to education, employment creation
and security, stressing that
unemployment was the biggest threat to
Nigeria.

skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/8686-buhari-hands-out-shocker-to-governors-says-they-won-t-nominate-ministers

I am here to announce the imminent passing away of our nightmare,the scam in the name of subsidy.May its soul rest in pieces.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by jayben(m): 6:56am On May 26, 2015
Nice move Mr President, since governors select their commissioners in their various states, I see no reason why you should consult them for candidates. Change is indeed here. smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by freecitizn: 6:57am On May 26, 2015
Coming from a man who discovered Dora Akunyuli, I'm with him on this. All the governors should do is advise...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Burger01(m): 6:58am On May 26, 2015
efilefun:
This aint a fedora hat wearing drunkard who was "remote controlled" by some women and old fools
That drunkard was seriously remote controlled by that soon-to-be jailbird frog-eyed winch. She had Jona's tool in the right tight corner of her mouth cheesy
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by oluspencer(m): 6:58am On May 26, 2015
ryd3:
Walai I DE gbadun dis guy.... If I be woman I for spread my leg for am

Olosho boy!
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by enioluwaselore: 6:58am On May 26, 2015
I love this! The APC governors signed up for change, this is the beginning! since no one appoints commissioners for them, they should take a chill pill and allow the president choose those whO can run his vision, the president understands that the success and failure of the administration will eventually land on his head not the governors (jonathan, 2015) so the governors should go back to their state.

This is how to be a president, look your party people in the eyeballs at times and break their hearts in the interest of common good, and we're not bailing out any state too, pay your workers!!!
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Beremx(f): 6:58am On May 26, 2015
drsolob2:
His is becoming serious
he has always been serious.
God bless the General

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by ichidodo: 6:58am On May 26, 2015
ryd3:
Walai I DE gbadun dis guy.... If I be woman I for spread my leg for am
That's just nasty....disgusting.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by frisky2good(m): 7:00am On May 26, 2015
Well, he needs the stupid senators to approve his nominees and guess who controls those senators........The governors.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by oweman: 7:01am On May 26, 2015
jorhney:
muhahaha The journey has just begun ... grin

There is no law in nigeria that says governors are to select those to be ministers its just pdp way of admistration .
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by AGBb(m): 7:01am On May 26, 2015
I honestly think we should have voted this man in since 2011. I believe by now our country will be sanitized and free from all forms of corruption. its never late though.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Halaz(m): 7:01am On May 26, 2015
the constitution is sacrosanct and inviolable to the President-elect GMB. I PROMISE YOU THAT, COS WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN HIM !! calm down bro.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Kelvic4real(m): 7:02am On May 26, 2015
The GENERAL on the front line. I trust u. U are no nonsense man of upright qualities. We have been waiting for u. The prepared one. The special one. Even the world powers are in support of ur course. May God guide u in all ur doings towards rewriting the political and economic terrain of this great giant of Africa - Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by myklangelo(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2015
So finally the state governors have no major input to the federal government? shortsightedly some will hail this as good.

The 1st solely Igbo language blog is out... ka anyi kwanite asusu Igbo. www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by staymore: 7:04am On May 26, 2015
They governors should mind the business of the state and nominate their commissioners while the President nominate his ministers.

And that is the constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by kheart(m): 7:05am On May 26, 2015
Alas naija ll be great again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Nobody: 7:06am On May 26, 2015
Hmmm. All this corrupt politicians in 2015 better have a rethink. The General doesn't take sh*#%t.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Mbediogu(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2015
generaliy07:
Nigeria’s President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, says no minister will be picked by governors for the incoming administration.

General Buhari dropped the hint at the
weekend in Abuja. He insisted that he will chose his ministers by himself from the six geo-political zones, irrespective of political party and without consulting the Governors.

This is a clear departure from the tradition
of the Peoples Democratic Party, where
governors are asked to nominate
ministerial appointees.

‘Promised To Tackle Corruption’

The incoming president, who will be inaugurated on Friday, also gave an indication that he may not continue subsidy in the petroleum sector.

General Buhari also promised to tackle
corruption and block the loopholes in the
oil and gas sector as soon as possible.

He had earlier said his Cabinet would be
made up of people with requisite
experience and committed technocrats.

The President-elect said his choice of
Cabinet members would stimulate the
incoming administration towards
delivering good governance that would
meet the aspirations of Nigerians.

He also said his administration would give
priority to education, employment creation
and security, stressing that
unemployment was the biggest threat to
Nigeria.

skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/8686-buhari-hands-out-shocker-to-governors-says-they-won-t-nominate-ministers

Sai Buhari. Allah is with you. They will call you names, dig into your history and generally try to provoke you. Those will be signs you are doing ok. Go ahead, the world makes way for the man who knows where he is going!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Humblebloke(m): 7:07am On May 26, 2015
We are just gettin started....

We will do whatever it takes!!!
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Lincoln275(m): 7:10am On May 26, 2015
let him choose by himself so that if they Bleep up we will b able to know who to direct blame to
#sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Popemax(m): 7:11am On May 26, 2015
That's a Presido with ambition....he doesn't take nonsense....even for those that have spent Billions(Ameachi)GMB says thank y'all for d kind gesture bt his abt to start business plz give way for him...Stay in ur houses and allow him perform

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by efilefun(m): 7:12am On May 26, 2015
She got the remote in between her legs
Burger01:

That drunkard was seriously remote controlled by that soon-to-be jailbird frog-eyed winch. She had Jona's tool in the right tight corner of her mouth cheesy
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Pius33(m): 7:12am On May 26, 2015
... is this for real? Nigeria finally gotten the needed president to govern her.
Let the government aids (Security) do their job, cause I smells assassination attempt.
God Guide our President,
God Bless Nigeria.
Sai Baba, Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Shazee74: 7:13am On May 26, 2015
This is very good news, why should governors choose their comissioners in the states and also choose ministers again for the president. They shld stick 2 their comissioners joor.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by versashee: 7:15am On May 26, 2015
efilefun:
This aint a fedora hat wearing drunkard who was "remote controlled" by some women and old fools

lollllll Chinekeme! Very funny man u re
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Burger01(m): 7:16am On May 26, 2015
bonechamberlain:
good.. no time for godfatherism.. all loyalty must be to the president and the Nigerian people and not to some kleptomaniac governors and politicians
Godfatherism must go!smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Burger01(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2015
thefakestan:
That's good news but he needs to remember what's in the constitution.

ThefakeStan
Ogbeni, what's in the constitution?.Does the constitution say the governors must nominate or appoint ministers for the president? Not so sure about thissmiley
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Nobody: 7:22am On May 26, 2015
Whenever he mentions his priority,it doesn't include power,is it that power is not important to him? Majority of Nigerian business owners need power to succeed. Power is what drives the economy,without it we can't have foreigners come and invest in our economy. We need power to be able to function better in our different areas of life.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by 4C2215131: 7:23am On May 26, 2015
If he can step up to the plate with regard to tackling unemployment, then he's done mighty fine by me.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Burger01(m): 7:25am On May 26, 2015
Daliano:
So Strong willed,so decisive.Nigeria must be better in my time.

Ride on the people's General.
Buhari has passion for Nigeria. He wants the best for this country and yet some retar*ded ones and the incorrigible saTANoids would not see the good in that. I won't blame them, since Buhari would block all loopholes these thieves used to milk Nigeria dry. Nigeria must get it right and the first step was to vote out that clueless PhD thieve. We shall get theresmiley

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by hedonistic: 7:25am On May 26, 2015
Burger01:

Ogbeni, what's in the constitution?.Does the constitution say the governors must nominate or appoint ministers for the president? Not so sure about thissmiley

I believe what the guy is driving at is that the constitution stipulates that at least one minister MUST be appointed from each of Nigeria's 36 States.

It may be difficult for any president to personally know credible people to appoint from every single state of the federation, which means he must at times rely on recommendations/nominations by certain influential people in certain states. This is the rationale for the PDP's tradition of allowing governors recommend ministers. In Buhari's case, if it's not the governors that will recommend, we also hope that it wouldn't be equally discredited political power mongers like Bola Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki, etc? Otherwise, it wouldn't make any difference.
Re: Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers by Toks2008(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2015
hedonistic:

I believe what the guy is driving at is that the constitution stipulates that at least one minister MUST be appointed from each of Nigeria's 36 States.

It may be difficult for any president to personally know credible people to appoint from every single state of the federation, which means he must at times rely on recommendations/nominations by certain influential people in certain states. This is the rationale for the PDP's tradition of allowing governors recommend ministers. In Buhari's case, if it's not the governors that will recommend, we also hope that it wouldn't be equally discredited political power mongers like Bola Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki, etc? Otherwise, it wouldn't make any difference.

I don't think he is against recommendation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Has Intervened In Fubara, Wike Rift - PDP Govs Forum Chair, Mohammed / Fulani Herdsmen Flee Enugu / Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Campaign Train At Ilesha City(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.