Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence (27539 Views)

EFCC Gathers Fresh Evidence Against Patience Jonathan's Cousin.. / AGF, Senate, NDLEA Agree On Kashamu’s Extradition / U.S. Requests For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Ellashow: 11:59am On May 26, 2015
woodcook:
Since the UK couldnt convict him why is the US bent on jailing him?

He allegedly committed the crime on their soil. You know how US roll naw, they will never backed down on who's on their wanted list, until they see the end of such person,they are so vindictive.
If he's sure of his innocence let him face them but it looks like he's guilty with all his resistence to visit US.

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Neplusultra(f): 12:02pm On May 26, 2015
Y r dey wasting time to arrest dat man?! It's taking too long NDLEA!!! If he likes he shud commit suicide inside his house, arrest his dead body undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by adconline(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Are you aware that Tinubu's case was settled by forfeiting hundred of thousands of dollars to the US government?

If he is actually a suspect, he wouldn't have been able to be going to US as he has being doing.

And do you remember that Tinubu attended Obama's swearing in ceremony in 2012?

So, shove it!
Only blind followers don't know that forfeiture or payment of fine equals guilt in the U.S. legal system. He traded forfeiture for a lenient sentence which he complied with.. Had he run, he would have been a fugitive. Tickets are sold to highest bidders and folks with connections..so anybody with money could have bought a DNC ticket
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by PassingShot(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2015
[s]
CaptainAmerica:

I knew I was wasting my time providing links for you.
Please refrain from quoting me.

It's very much obvious you're a northern slave
[/s]

Defeated Olodo who sees anyone who doesn't agree with his warped and jaundiced opinion as a northern slave!

I ask again, do you have Tinubu's extradition request in your possession since you want him extradited?
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by 4teelaw(f): 12:07pm On May 26, 2015
Beht wait!
If na me be Kashamu, I will gladly return to US where ther is light and fuel! Sebi I am innocent? What is there to be afraid of? In US you are innocent until found guilty. Is it not to groove more Chicago Amala and Moet and update bbm status "now chilling in illinois" grin

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by PassingShot(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2015
adconline:

Only blind followers don't know that forfeiture or payment of fine equals guilt in the U.S. legal.. He traded forfeiture for a lenient sentence which he complied with.. Had he run, he would have been a fugitive. Tickets are sold to highest bidders and folks with connections..so anybody with money could have bought a DNC ticket

Have I said he was not investigated or guilty of any offence?

Some of you guys missed your classes on critical thinking (aka logic).

The guy (that fake captain) wants Tinubu extradited to US. I asked based on what should he be and if there was any extradition request.

Now, you joined in his ignorance to make it look like I have said Tinubu was never alleged or investigated for any drug related offence!

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Kzealz(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2015
angelsing:
Tamper justice with mercy?...This is the reason Nigeria see irregularity as regularity
yah u re right bro... but don't u think this whole shii is a gang up against him?
I'm not supporting criminals.. but for d fact dat some of our leaders are part of dis crime is enough reason to consider
of this..
what if I'm in his shoes?
while let him go n carry his cross..
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Amazo: 12:17pm On May 26, 2015
MKO4ever:
Following the house arrest of senator-elect from Ogun State, Buruji Kashamu, by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), the United States Department of Justice has said it is “fully ready to assist” Nigeria with proper documentation on his extradition and express trial before a US District Judge in Chicago, Judge Charles Richard Norgle.

The NDLEA had, through its Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Ofoyeju Mitchell, disclosed that the agency’s men invaded Kashamu’s residence in Lekki, Lagos State last Saturday in response to the extradition request formally made to the Nigerian government by its American counterpart.

However, in a brief chat with LEADERSHIP yesterday, the trial judge, Norgle, said the Justice Department is “fully ready to ensure that an express hearing is given” to the case once Kashamu is brought before him to face the charge.

Apart from using the name of his younger brother, Adewale Kashamu – who the accused had claimed is dead – to obtain a Nigerian passport with registration number A870428 to transport drugs from Nigeria and the Federal Republic of Benin into the United States of America for several years up till 1994, Norgle said Kashamu, the leader of the drug cartel which had its base in Chicago, Illinois, had also used pseudo names like ‘Alhaji, Kasmal and Daddy’ for the illicit deals. The international passport was issued on April 20, 1990 in Abuja and it expired on April 19, 1995.

Other members of the drug cartel who are presently observing jail terms in different US prisons are Emmanuel Ugbade, Toun (surname not ascertained), Nicolas Fillmore, Cleary Wolters, Ellen Wolters, Oumiou Samadou, Gbenga Giwa and Akim Shokunbi.

Further investigations by LEADERSHIP revealed that the US Department of Justice had, penultimate Monday, made a formal request to the Nigerian government to “expressly and legally extradite Price Buruji” to America to face criminal charges.

The investigation also discovered video proofs which the United States legal department is willing to tender before Norgle as parts of the body of evidences showing that the accused had been going in and out of America to conduct drug-related business, contrary to his claims that he had “never stepped feet” on the soil of the country.

Kashamu was arrested in Britain in 1998 and held for five years before he was unconditionally released in 2003 by the Royal Court of Justice in England presided over by Lord Justice Pill and Mr. Justice Bell. The judges said that they were releasing the accused person who, upon his arrest, had over £350,000 in his possession, because the US Justice Department could not substantiate its claims that he (Kashamu) was the most wanted Alhaji Adewale Kashamu who was allegedly mentioned by others arrested as their principal conspirator.

He was arrested upon his arrival at the Heathrow International Airport with a Nigerian passport bearing Buruji Kashamu, but the UK judges dismissed it as a case of mistaken identity, stressing that the Chicago prosecutors had also tainted their eyewitness identification evidence by failing to disclose that one Nicolas Fillmore, one of the co-defendants, failed to pick him (Buruji) out of a photo line-up.

http://leadership.ng/news/436102/us-prepares-for-buruji-kashamus-extradition-discloses-fresh-evidence

Even if he dresses like a woman as Alamieyeseigha did, he still can't escape. He better start writing his will because it's obvious he's stepped on some powerful toes in Chicago back then and he might not survive in prison and probably would be deleted!

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 26, 2015
googlepikin:
how I wish they take him, so that he will mention his masters name there too.(TINUBU) he has denied the poor guy now, but when the drug business was booming for them they are friend. tinubu started drugs in this country. its a fact and we all know that. quote me and your generation will run mad.
you are talking trash! Tinubu enters and exits the US at will, in fact he was a special guest of the democrat party at their 2012 national convention. So what are you saying if not trash! I've quoted you and nothing will happen

2 Likes

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 26, 2015
islandmoon:

if you have ever quote anyone on this forum, then your generation will be under curse! everlasting curse , just like you said and the curse will keep multiplying on your each time you quote anyone on Nairaland. omo ale jati jati yi
The Dare Devil Team#
I see your generation running mad. amala brains. usu rankwa nnegi. ndi oshi . ndi Ara .
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 26, 2015
tkcosby02:
Be like say US get personal beef with dis Kashamu of a thing.

Nothing personal. Do the crime, do the time.

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by islandmoon: 12:48pm On May 26, 2015
googlepikin:
I see your generation running mad. amala brains. usu rankwa nnegi. ndi oshi . ndi Ara .

what are you yawning?
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by logica(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2015
adconline:

Only blind followers don't know that forfeiture or payment of fine equals guilt in the U.S. legal system. He traded forfeiture for a lenient sentence which he complied with.. Had he run, he would have been a fugitive. Tickets are sold to highest bidders and folks with connections..so anybody with money could have bought a DNC ticket
The payment of fine was on the matter of tax evasion; not proceeds from drug dealing. If Tinubu was EVER found guilty for drug related offense, his Green Card would be revoked and he will never step in the US again.
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by stevecantrell: 1:28pm On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

The Agbaya of Owu and his alleged CIA connections may be behind the man's troubles.

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by NobleG1(m): 1:37pm On May 26, 2015
Cuff his as*s and 'export' him to the U.S.

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by francopido(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2015
googlepikin:
how I wish they take him, so that he will mention his masters name there too.(TINUBU) he has denied the poor guy now, but when the drug business was booming for them they are friend. tinubu started drugs in this country. its a fact and we all know that. quote me and your generation will run mad.
U right
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by AfroBlue(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2015
the statue of limitations is up on this non-capital case.

Federal Drug Charges Statute of Limitations
An oft-quoted federal statute, 18 USC 3282, provides a five-year window of limitation for the prosecution of noncapital federal offenses. Although some offenses are exempt, the majority may not be prosecuted 60 months after the alleged offense.
http://www.federalcharges.com/drug-narcotics-laws-charges/

Why The US Government Is After Buruji Kashamu
http://saharareporters.com/2014/01/11/why-us-government-after-buruji-kashamu

Kashamu was ordered detained following his December 1998 arrest and he was incarcerated in London’s Brixton Prison during the pendency of extradition proceedings based on the government’s warrant in the instant case. Kashamu’s arrest triggered the commencement of the time limit for the government’s submission in support of extradition.
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by sammyj: 1:53pm On May 26, 2015
Story story ooo story storie storie !!! grin
anonimi:

The Agbaya of Owu and his alleged CIA connections may be behind the man's troubles.

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 26, 2015
googlepikin:
U sure say,u and your generation never mad like dis.
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by john650(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2015
KAYNINI:
I find this funny - a british court let him go on mistaken identity

But here in Nigeria we want to persecute him without trying him
This one tyre me o.

Americans call this behaviour "Uncle Tom" or a "house nigger." It means a black person who mistreats their own kind in order to please the white man. The White man will never allow their countryman to be extradited to another country.

When was the last time you heard of an American being extradited to another country, or you don't think they commit serious crimes. There are more Americans in American jail than Nigerians in jail Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by adconline(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2015
kropotkin2:
you are talking trash! Tinubu enters and exits the US at will, in fact he was a special guest of the democrat party at their 2012 national convention. So what are you saying if not trash! I've quoted you and nothing will happen
In your deluded mind! Specia guest of who DNC?? He paid for his ticket! Enough of this misinformation. Fact is, he's an ex convict! If he has US citizenship, he can come and go at will.
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by donodion(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2015
This among the many reasons why Nigeria decayed badly. Look at many of the calibres ruling and steering the course of our dear nation : Thugs, Scammers,Drug traffickers and peddlers, Oil thieves, Lootocrats, Crime ring cabals, Pimps and Human traffickers,Terrorist and terror sponsors, Ritualist and the Occults......name it These are the rulers Nigerians consciously and unconsciously chose to rule and lead them....its no surprise where our Fatherland is today.

Think Nigerians, Think.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Nobody: 12:27am On May 27, 2015
BlackMaria:
U sure say,u and your generation never mad like dis.
surprisingly this is coming from a foool that calls himself blackmaria.
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by Nobody: 10:36am On May 27, 2015
googlepikin:
surprisingly this is coming from a foool that calls himself blackmaria.
If it vex u,go enter kanji dam.
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by logica(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2015
adconline:

Fact is, he's an ex convict! If he has US citizenship, he can come and go at will.
Excuse me please. If Tinubu has US citizenship or a Green Card, either would have been revoked if he committed a crime as serious as drug trafficking. He will ONLY retain US citizenship if he was born in the US; and not naturalized.
Re: US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence by angelsing(m): 3:22pm On May 28, 2015
Kzealz:

yah u re right bro... but don't u think this whole shii is a gang up against him?
I'm not supporting criminals.. but for d fact dat some of our leaders are part of dis crime is enough reason to consider
of this..
what if I'm in his shoes?
while let him go n carry his cross..
Even if this is a gang up against him as long as if he is guilty of those crime am in support of it....Just like how Obasanjo used EFFC against his perceived enemies, so long as someone is arrested for their crime I don't mind the witch hunt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Are Respected Worldwide, Ban Ki-moon To Buhari / Kiki Osinbajo Steps Out In Lovely Gown / Oluseun Onigbinde Appointed As Technical Adviser Budget & Planning, Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.