Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions (2270 Views)

INEC Gsm Mobile Number Database According To ( Names,sex Nd LGA) / Shop According To A Catergory / Assorted Watches Of Different Makes And Prices Available For Sale In Owerr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by akymme(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2015
I deal with inverter which is the best solution to Nigeria's power outage issue.
I have experienced a lot of issues on the field and I wish to share them with everyone who is interested.

Cyber power inverter
This inverter is expensive but looks beautiful, I have been opportune to install the 2.2 and 2 kva, this inverter made me loose a lot of customers.
Don't just try to charge it with generator else you risk damaging all the electronics device in that house

Solution
Install a rectifier before charging with generator.
Warranty issue: you have to pay some amount before you can get warranty.
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by ib22003(m): 11:13am On May 26, 2015
i have used cyber power 1.2kva, its rubbish.
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by akymme(m): 5:34am On May 27, 2015
Synergy, better than cyber power but has some itches too.
The 1.5 kva's power button is too fragile,
The 2.5 connector style doesn't make sense at all,you have loop input and output neutral together this weakens the connector and definitely leads too partial contact, which can damage the unit or batteries

1 Like

Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by akymme(m): 5:38am On May 27, 2015
Visit this thread daily you will definitely learn something new.
You can reach me on 08086943052, for assistance on purchases and installation of inverter.
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by millhouse: 5:19am On May 31, 2015
nice..following
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by Nobody: 5:47am On May 31, 2015
What of luminous 1.5kva
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by Pachesky(m): 3:24pm On May 31, 2015
I'm definitely following
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by akymme(m): 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
Luminous is one of the best inverters in town,the product is good and their after sale service is excellent
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by akymme(m): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
More tips coming up tonight
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
akymme:
Luminous is one of the best inverters in town,the product is good and their after sale service is excellent

Good. Been using for over 18months and still get 18hrs on it. 1.5kva. I have never called anyone to do anything on it.
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by akymme(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
Do you know that high voltage supply will make your inverter malfunction, always check your input voltage rating,there is a voltage range for all inverter.

Another fault I have observed over the years is with the cooling fan,once it doesn't blow your inverter will surely malfunction
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by akymme(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
Battery life span
1- Quality of Battery
Quality of battery is majorly responsible for its life span. A good quality lead acid battery can last much longer than a cheaper battery. This is because material used inside battery is refined and purified to certain grades of quality.
2- Usage of Battery
Life span of a lead acid battery is also dependent upon how much it is used. Lead acid battery has several hundreds charge-discharge cycles. Batteries wear out faster when used too much.
3- Charger Quality
There are different kinds of battery chargers, 2 stage, 3 stage etc. A poor charger can destroy the battery faster than anything else. Always use good quality chargers and UPS to increase life of battery. Preferably use SLA batteries with UPS.
4- Overcharging Battery
Overcharging any rechargeable battery is extremely fatal for it. Overcharging leads to corrosion of battery plates which results in premature failure. Getting too much hot is an indication that battery is getting overcharged. Lead acid batteries which has worn out often get overcharged because charging cut off voltage is not attained.
5- Deep Discharging Battery
Not only lead acid batteries, deeply discharging any rechargeable battery is extremely damaging for its health. Due to deep discharge, battery losses its actual capacity and efficiency.
6- Poor Maintenance
SLA batteries are maintenance free but flooded lead acid batteries require regular maintenance i.e. topping up cells with distilled water and cleaning. If not maintained, flooded lead acid battery slowly losses water. If plates get dried, then there is no reversal for failure of battery.

7- Wrong Gravity Of Electrolyte

If gravity of electrolyte is not correct, battery works but losses its actual capacity faster over time. Gravity of SLA batteries can not be tested but if you have flooded lead acid battery, its gravity can be tested using hydrometer.
8- Shorted Battery Cells
Battery cells short if separators between positive and negative plates fail. Sometimes, shedding from battery plates which is settled at battery bottom if rise too much and start touching battery plates, battery plates short resulting in failure of battery.
9- Cracks in Battery Plates
Sometimes, vibrations caused by vehicle lead to cracks and breakage of charging plates resulting in abrupt failure of battery. Connections inside battery can also go loose due to excessive vibrations.
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by coderXO(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
tumababa:

Good. Been using for over 18months and still get 18hrs on it. 1.5kva. I have never called anyone to do anything on it.
What brand of battery do you use, or recommend?
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by coderXO(m): 10:05am On Oct 12, 2015
tumababa:

Hello what brand of battery do you use?
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
coderXO:

Hello what brand of battery do you use?
Luminous
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by bisiriyuahmed6: 12:38am On Dec 21, 2015
quick answers is needed :

Any good place in agege Lagos, where i can purchase reliable inverters batteries with warrant or guaranty?
please which product is good and maker
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by SamBalo08935: 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
tumababa:

Please what's the battery rating that you're using with it. And what's your total load Watts that using for that 18hrs
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by JBoy9(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
what about Prag Inverter and Qanta AGM batteries?
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2017
tumababa:

how many batteries?
Re: Inverter Issues According To Makes And Their Solutions by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
how many batteries?

2 batteries

(1) (Reply)

Spectranet mifi For Sale 13k / Is Justi4jesu A Scammer? / Uk Used Lg G3 For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.