Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure (8417 Views)

LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) / How UNN Students Eat During Exam (photos) / See What Is Trending Among UNN Students And Staff ( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by opytom(m): 10:44am On May 26, 2015
They really look excited..... Funny!

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by einsteino(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

barbarians........ I cant believe student of higher institution are protesting with leaf and trees instead of placards as civilized people do.

Some people need to grow up. we r not in Burundi or congo. we r suppose to be one of the most civilized countries in Africa. I never seen protesters in SA or north Africa with leafs and trees.

Not being euro-centric doesn't make you a barbarian. Leaves has its own connotations in our sphere. at least those who they want their message to get to, can't pretend that they do not know why and what the students protested for. There are different types of civilizations, and each has its own identity. you don't need to imitate the white man in everything to be civilized.

3 Likes

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by mentorandfriend(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2015
Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 10:46am On May 26, 2015
Na wow! So this power failure is general QUALITY 26" PHILIPS LCD TV WITH CABLE AND REMOTE CONTROL, IMPORTED FROM LONDON UK. IT WORKS PERFECTLY AND ALMOST LIKE BRAND NEW ONE @ 26K. CONTACT 08159036341. LOCATION IKOTUN Check Technology Market section for photos
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by prettyrosiemua(f): 10:47am On May 26, 2015
I don't know why they are protesting in front of a distribution company. How are these companies supposed to distribute electricity when there isn't power generation. They should go and protest to the government.
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 10:47am On May 26, 2015
Boys are angry!
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 10:48am On May 26, 2015
einsteino:

Not being eurocentric doesn't make you a barbarian. Leaves has its own connotations in our sphere, you don't placcards for people to know what you are protesting for.

cant we do like civilized people? the world is changing for good and we shouldn't be left behind.
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by irewolepeter(m): 10:52am On May 26, 2015
Wrong Timing I'll say
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by walegee(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2015
come protest for unilorin
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by einsteino(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

cant we do like civilized people? the world is changing for good and we shouldn't be left behind.

as far as there was no break down of law and order, and they effectively got their message sent in a disciplined manner, it can only mean they acted in a civilized manner. even if they used slates lettered in native chalk. i guess someday if people don't use digital tools such as lcd boards in place of placards, you may call them uncivilized.

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Ultimate001: 10:58am On May 26, 2015
aluta continua, victoria ascerta

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by malonephill(m): 10:59am On May 26, 2015
Collynzo9:
They are enjoying themselves.
that's exactly what I'm seeing too
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 11:01am On May 26, 2015
einsteino:

as far as there was no break down of law and order, and they effectively got their message sent in a disciplined manner, it can only mean they acted in a civilized manner. even if they used slates lettered in native chalk. i guess someday if people don't use digital tools such as lcd boards in place of placards, you may call them uncivilized.

go away. why r u not wearing animals skin? you people have funny excuse for everything. why are you using mobile phone for communication instead of drums, gongs and using pigeon for message?
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 11:05am On May 26, 2015
Clowns. come to D.S.P.G and see how ppl are smiling despite no light for 8yrs Plus
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by einsteino(m): 11:15am On May 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

go away. why r u not wearing animals skin? you people have funny excuse for everything. why are you using mobile phone for communication instead of drums, gongs and using pigeon for message?

If i should go by what you are trying to say, it would mean even whites who wear skins or leaves during carnivals are acting like barbarians? Please try and find out what civilization is first, and who a barbarian is. some of these things are being abused, just same way people misconstrue hackers to be criminals, when the right name should be crackers.

lastly your opening sentence "go away" is a rude way to put your points, actually it is uncivilized to debate in that manner *winks.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by titus3: 11:17am On May 26, 2015
Do you protest what you never had?

Abi is it their generators they are complaining about.
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 11:24am On May 26, 2015
einsteino:

If i should go by what you are trying to say, it would mean even whites who wear skins or leaves during carnivals are acting like barbarians? Please try and find out what civilization is first, and who a barbarian is. some of these things are being abused, just same way people misconstrue hackers to be criminals, when the right name should be crackers.

lastly your opening sentence "go away" is a rude way to put your points, actually it is uncivilized to debate in that manner *winks.

sorry if u r offended. I love things in a civilized manner.
1. if university student are protesting with leafs what will market women do?
2. if UNN students r protesting with leaf what will university of Maidugiri students do?

my brother, check am na.
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Eynosaintval(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2015
I remember 2009, after rioting against increament of fees by then Vc- Batho Okolo, after then, I stayed in the house for three months and I felt like dying. Hope this wouldn't be their experience..lol
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by ceejay80s(m): 11:33am On May 26, 2015
Nigeria is getting darker each day,
Its a big shame as if our leaders no dey travel to other countries,
God will punish all our leaders from 1960 to may 28th 2015

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Gistwitherico(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2015
Vivipop:
This reminds me of the 2009 riot/protest over increament in school fees. Opi junction was blocked, and at the end our voices were heard. I hope their voices will be heard again this time. Nigeria shames me sometimes.
These students are new. They obviously don't know what is reparation?

2 Likes

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by kaboninc(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2015
Vivipop:
This reminds me of the 2009 riot/protest over increament in school fees. Opi junction was blocked, and at the end our voices were heard. I hope their voices will be heard again this time. Nigeria shames me sometimes.

That day, I was sleep walking. cheesy
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by meforyou1(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2015
Segadem:
na today power fail for your area?
u are protesting and many of u are jubilating as if arsenal has won UCL
wetin bring arsenal for the matter? watch us win UCL next season
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Vivipop(f): 12:05pm On May 26, 2015
kaboninc:

That day, I was sleep walking. cheesy
A night before that day, Lion fm had already announced the evacuation of all students from the school premises and hostels on or before 7 am the next day. They never cared how the students would do so that night. Anyways, my friends and i couldn't wait to know what would happen after 7am the next day. A friend picked us up that night and we left for Amaofia that night, two days later, we all dispersed. The strike was the longest i've encountered and the 8k reparation fee was annoying but at the very end, we were heard.
One day, the weary and bitter voices of Nigerians will be heard. Who knows, that day might just be around the corner. cheesy
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by chokovirus: 12:21pm On May 26, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
einsteino:

Einsteino, You can enlighten the civilised european copycat more on the significance of the leaves so he can be emancipated from mental slavery. However the lions have shown themselves to be truly civilised by the peaceful nature it was carried out unlike in some oher parts of Nigeria.

Not being euro-centric doesn't make you a barbarian. Leaves has its own connotations in our sphere. at least those who they want their message to get to, can't pretend that they do not know why and what the students protested for. There are different types of civilizations, and each has its own identity. you don't need to imitate the white man in everything to be civilized.

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Ikegift4real(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2015
Vivipop:

all my legs peeled in dat protest and my friends were busy taking stuffs from chitis, cec,vc office, coke villa. Buh atlast batho head our cry. good old days.

1 Like

Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Ladycloud(f): 1:05pm On May 26, 2015
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Ladycloud(f): 1:05pm On May 26, 2015
where was I naaaah...i hope those in eyoita and bello hostels didn't join this riot
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by kelechiodo(m): 1:05pm On May 26, 2015
Emekamex:
Dancing Shoki

Your attempt to photoshop is the worst i ever see. Get a life and face what you know best.
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 26, 2015
PDPwayoo:

barbarians........ I cant believe student of higher institution are protesting with leaf and trees instead of placards as civilized people do.

Some people need to grow up. we r not in Burundi or congo. we r suppose to be one of the most civilized countries in Africa. I never seen protesters in SA or north Africa with leafs and trees.
where is it stated that they must use placard? does placard solve the situation at hand? since they decided to use leaf let them be , if that's the way they want it. or do you want them to destroy properties like in those countries mentioned
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by ndubisik(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2015
Repping UNN
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Exponental(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2015
are they not Nigerians in Nigeria?.... can somebody tell them its a national issue!!!!
Re: UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure by Martini101(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2015
prettyrosiemua:
I don't know why they are protesting in front of a distribution company. How are these companies supposed to distribute electricity when there isn't power generation. They should go and protest to the government.
. Girl wey sabi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solomon Adaelu To Sponsor 300 JAMB Candidates / Which University Is The Most Beautiful In Nigeria? / Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.