Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

How Do I File A Divorce Suit? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I File A Divorce Suit? (2334 Views)

“I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out / When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by gentle12: 1:55pm On May 26, 2015
Hello Experts in the House:I have a Friend who has jointly with his wife to legalize their separation over an irreconcilable differences before degenerate in to domestic assault. They are both living together around Ketu Lagos and would want a Court around that area and Ikeja.

They both vow to take custody of their 3 Kids with ages ranging from 2,3 and 5.Please genuine advice is needed urgently since reconciliation is out of it already.
Thanks
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by psucc(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2015
Tell them to visit a lawyer together. If the woman fine, the lawyer will file the suit but if she 'wowo' they will be counseled to forgive each other and move on.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by buygala(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2015
Go and Get a lawyer smiley
That's what lawyers do, incase you don't know sad

1 Like

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CHM11: 2:14pm On May 26, 2015
When they were busy rolling in the sheets and bleeping regularly, they didn't have irreconcilable differences oh. Now they want those innocent kids to go through the trauma of growing up in a broken home.

Lesson for youths out there...better don't get married if you don't have what it takes.

Additionally, y'all should learn to let your marriage last a year or two before you start shitting those kids out. This way you will atleast have an idea if you can continue or not.

I hate broken homes, no child should be made to go through that.

OP tell them to see a lawyer!

7 Likes

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by steppin: 2:17pm On May 26, 2015
CHM11:
When they were busy rolling in the sheets and bleeping regularly, they didn't have irreconcilable differences oh. Now they want those innocent kids to go through the trauma of growing up in a broken home.

Lesson for youths out there...better don't get married if you don't have what it takes.

Additionally, y'all should learn to let your marriage last a year or two before you start shitting those kids out. This way you will atleast have an idea if you can continue or not.

Aww! So touching! Are you from a broken home?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Arsenate(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2015
CHM11:

I see your passion man. but I probably hate divorce more than you do...divorce is from the pit of hell.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 26, 2015
'Irreconcilable Differences'... Always used....

How have they tried to resolve the issues?

Anyway, you can't just enter any court.. you must get a lawyer, soo get one....

1 Like

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CHM11: 2:32pm On May 26, 2015
steppin:

Aww! So touching! Are you from a broken home?

More a reason why I will be the best husband to the best wife on earth.... My kids will never grow up in a broken home no matter what happens.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CHM11: 2:34pm On May 26, 2015
Arsenate:
I see your passion man. but I probably hate divorce more than you do...divorce is from the pit of hell.

True bro, what makes it worse is that the persons involved are too selfish that they do not see a need for divorce until they have had kid(s). Very Hurting.

1 Like

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by lecturerdabo(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2015
CHM11:

More a reason why I will be the best husband to the best wife on earth.... My kids will never grow up in a broken home no matter what happens.

God will grant this to you, your marriage will be a glorious center of attraction in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CHM11: 2:38pm On May 26, 2015
lecturerdabo:

God will grant this to you, your marriage will be a glorious center of attraction in Jesus name

Amen to that.

If only I'll be interested in marriage someday.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 26, 2015
Tell them to see a lawyer but these are questions that will typically be asked:

- For how many years have they been married?
- Where was the marriage solemnized?
- what specific plans do they have for the education and upbringing of the children(not just general custody)
- is the wife demanding for maintenance from the husband or not?
- If yes, how much and on what basis did she arrive at the figures?
- is d husband willing to pay d stated amount?
- What efforts have been made to reconcile them? Even before a divorce petition is finally heard judges would still refer the parties to their lawyers to explore an amicable settlement especially considering the fact that they are still living together.

*Dont be deceived that the divorce won't be messy because the two of them have agreed to divorce. Even if a divorce petition is undefended, the party filing usually still has to go into the box to lay out his case.... so irrespective of their agreement they will still state their side of the story in court and that is where it will get messy. The wife will give evidence of d domestic assault and vice versa.

I hope they sort out their issues at least for the sake of their kids.

1 Like

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Moana(f): 3:38pm On May 26, 2015
CHM11:

there was domestic violence so the home was already broken.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Urine: 3:47pm On May 26, 2015
OP you need talk to cocolav, she is a brilliant lawyer.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CoCoLav(f): 4:09pm On May 26, 2015
Urine:
OP you need talk to cocolav, she is a brilliant lawyer.

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CoCoLav(f): 4:12pm On May 26, 2015
OP send a pm to @Justicia. I'm busy at the moment but I know Justicia handles a lot of divorce cases. Since they have been married for more than 2 years there's no problem.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Urine: 4:28pm On May 26, 2015
CoCoLav:

cheesy cheesy grin grin
You have a client to attend to.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by i1: 4:36pm On May 26, 2015
hi op.. i will be able to assist them. just let them both call me. 08093779782.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 26, 2015
Someone is asking how to file a divorce and some people here are busy rendering unsolicited expired marital advice.

"Operation save the marriage" crew. grin

OP, go get a Lawyer.

1 Like

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CoCoLav(f): 4:49pm On May 26, 2015
Urine:

You have a client to attend to.

Not really.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CHM11: 7:02pm On May 26, 2015
Moana:
there was domestic violence so the home was already broken.

What these white people and their idealogies have done to us ehn.

So if me and my elder brother or sister fight because of an issue, we should be separated to different homes, because that's still domestic violence to me.

This phrase 'domestic violence' have got into so many wive's head that they don't know how to behave or cordinate themselves to their husbands anymore. As much as I dislike men who hit women, most women should watch how they talk and behave to their husbands for the sake of your children and your home. ....

its Simple, just be the African woman that you are, treat your husband like a king and watch him treat you like a queen. Don't let all these western ideas destroy your home. We are Africans.

I pray a smart lady learns something.

@Op domestic violence or not is not my business, I'm only concerned about those 3 kids and the trauma they will go through due to the selfishness of their parents. Yes to me they are selfish!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Moana(f): 7:08pm On May 26, 2015
CHM11:

So if me and my elder brother or sister fight because of an issue, we should be separated to different homes, because that's still domestic violence to me.

This phrase 'domestic violence' have got into so many wive's head that they don't know how to behave or cordinate themselves to their husbands anymore. As much as I dislike men who hit women, most women should watch how they talk and behave to their husbands for the sake of your children and your home. ....

its Simple, just be the African woman that you are, treat your husband like a king and watch him treat you like a queen. Don't let all these western ideas destroy your home. We are Africans.

@Op domestic violence or not is not my business, I'm only concerned about those 3 kids and the trauma they will go through due to the selfishness of their parents. Yes to me they are selfish!!!!
what you are saying is if your wife beats you up , you will not divorce her?
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CHM11: 7:19pm On May 26, 2015
Moana:
what you are saying is if your wife beats you up , you will not divorce her?
There are ways to handle such a wife in the African way, very effective and permanent solution.

Send her to her fathers house for 1month, her senses will be corrected when her little ones use her to crack jokes.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Moana(f): 7:42pm On May 26, 2015
CHM11:

There are ways to handle such a wife in the African way, very effective and permanent solution.

Send her to her fathers house for 1month, her senses will be corrected when her little ones use her to crack jokes.....
so u wouldnt divorce her? Yes or no?
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by CHM11: 7:53pm On May 26, 2015
Moana:
so u wouldnt divorce her? Yes or no?
Nope, I won't, I can't.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by dowsonjack: 11:41pm On May 26, 2015
Not again.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Nobody: 5:48am On May 27, 2015
psucc:
Tell them to visit a lawyer together. If the woman fine, the lawyer will file the suit but if she 'wowo' they will be counseled to forgive each other and move on.
what

hehehehehehehe...
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by Nobody: 5:49am On May 27, 2015
CHM11:

nice one.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by micktoxin(m): 5:53am On May 27, 2015
CHM11:

Nothing more to add. But domestic assault is unacceptable.
Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by cococandy(f): 6:46am On May 27, 2015
Yimu.

White people taught us how to divorce?

CHM11:

Re: How Do I File A Divorce Suit? by lilmax(m): 6:58am On May 27, 2015
2,3 and 5....speechless

(1) (Reply)

My Father Threw Away My Pot Of Soup. / Help Needed Urgently(nairaland Ladies Only) / Money Keeps Missing Every Day From My Handbag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.