Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043553 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by paka2016: 10:38am On Dec 03, 2016
Yeah, I am in Perth and have lived here for about 5 months now, and I think it's time to give back to this forum that helped me when i was in Naija.

If you have any question regarding life in Perth, feel free to ask me, and to my guys in naija planning is key, I advise you to plan yourself well especially (financially) to do some certification course like aged care, so you can be able to cope with expenses here in Australia.

Check SOL list before choosing a course for masters.

If your plan is to hustle, your best bet is join TAFE, forget masters (Nursing is the best Tafe COURSE)

And finally never give up on God, hand over your plan to Him and his directions.

tkia.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
paka2016:
Yeah, I am in Perth and have lived here for about 5 months now, and I think it's time to give back to this forum that helped me when i was in Naija.

If you have any question regarding life in Perth, feel free to ask me, and to my guys in naija planning is key, I advise you to plan yourself well especially (financially) to do some certification course like aged care, so you can be able to cope with expenses here in Australia.

If your plan is to hustle, your best bet is join TAFE, forget masters (Nursing is the best Tafe COURSE)

And finally never give up on God, hand over your plan to Him and his directions.

tkia.

But i thought aged care is not available again for international students or it's a lie?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jackson2dye4: 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
paka2016:

tkia.

Thanks for the info bruh!! I just have to questions 

1) in the event where you are apply for a course without prior knowledge about SOL list and you so deep into the process (paying tuition and applying for visa) only to find out your course is on the CSOL list but not the SOL list although it's a 2years offer. What do u advise? No hope for PR at all? 

2) please what's the exact amount/fee for student visa.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sirchino: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2016
WestAfrican:

You can try www.couchsurfing.com I have used it in some of my trips overseas including Perth Australia. Was difficult to find a host in Sydney. Anyway give it a go. Register and start searching for a host. Safe.

Good day everyone.Thanks to those who are contributing heartily on this thread. You guys will not lack help where you may also need it.

Cc: WestAfrican, Bellong et all. You all are kind.

Please, i have few doubts to resolve about migrating to OZ and i believe to get good answers on here. I am a Petroleum Engineering graduate, finished service in Nov 2012. I have not really worked in my area of training post graduation as a Petroleum Engineer, since i could not find any job. So i resulted to enterprising (Self employed). Seeking for contracts of all kind to execute and earn from it, though with no registered coy. so no tax clearance or whatever government document for my hustle.

Now, I want to move to OZ and possibly get my PR, most likely by vocational or masters course in construction project management as an area of interest and one of the top skills on the SOL to develop myself more in that focus with some kind of OZ training. And while at it in OZ, I would start my skilled migration application for assessment as a Petroleum Engineer before my vocational or masters program will end to get my PR and remain in OZ.

The second option for me is to file an application for assessment as a Petroleum Engineer here in Nigeria, though with no post graduate work history but with IT and final year project for the CDR as such and apply for PR, which seems to take longer to process. Also when granted a PR, it is most likely to also seek a vocation in construction/project management to suit in one of the skills on SOL, different from my Petroleum Engineering training.

So people please, i ask for your guide based on the available options of mine to move to OZ.

Thank you all for your anticipated input.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2016
Solitin40:

But i thought aged care is not available again for international students or it's a lie?

You are right. The Australia Government have stop student from doing Aged Care because they says their citizens don't always get the Aged Care job. Pls poster be updated before you post so that people won't come to Australia and be stranded

One Love

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by paka2016: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Solitin40:

It is still available in some states, not Western Australia.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by paka2016: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
jackson2dye4:

Thanks for the info bruh!! I just have to questions 

1) in the event where you are apply for a course without prior knowledge about SOL list and you so deep into the process (paying tuition and applying for visa) only to find out your course is on the CSOL list but not the SOL list although it's a 2years offer. What do u advise? No hope for PR at all? 

2) please what's the exact amount/fee for student visa. 

Regarding your first question, when you want to apply for PR, you can use your bachelor that is if it is in SOL list, but contrary to that, Just give it a try hopefully you will get work visa (4 years) and can apply for PR in the second year of your work visa. That's after your done with your plans. You can also ask some of the guru's here on nairaland.

2) As of the time i applied it was about 97k naira. but that was before July1st. So i don't know the current price.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
paka2016:

Regarding your first question, when you want to apply for PR, you can use your bachelor that is if it is in SOL list, but contrary to that, Just give it a try hopefully you will get work visa (4 years) and can apply for PR in the second year of your work visa. That's after your done with your plans. You can also ask some of the guru's here on nairaland.

2) As of the time i applied it was about 97k naira. but that was before July1st. So i don't know the current price.
visa fee ,a little above 200K...budget 220k
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jackson2dye4: 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
paka2016:

Thanks man... More response would be appreciated
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jackson2dye4: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
BADNEAT:

Woa... Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ogolikpo1(f): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
[quote author=paka2016 post=51594855]Yeah, I am in Perth and have lived here for about 5 months now, and I think it's time to give back to this forum that helped me when i was in Naija.

tkia.

do u mean applying for aged care as a course before coming to Australia or on arrival? also on the nursing courses, which of the schools is the cheapest
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by supremez74: 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
paka2016:

tkia.

please I want to use my uncle and dad as my sponsors, they
dont share same surname? what documents would i use to
show their ties or relationship? or would i be granted visa just showing their both account statements,my uncle wants to send a huge amount to my dads, and im trying to avoid the money lodgement thing, someone should help me, as I already have admission at curtin.
2. also i have a cousin who wants to apply for TAFE, would you advice he goes through agents or do it himself? please those who applied for TAFE how did you go about it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
BADNEAT:

Budget arnd 190 to 200+ like he said ..but note it subject to that day dollar exchange rate .. i exchnage mine for 189k or there about. ...... u can use western union to send to a frnd who will help u pay or use abokis or use any of the bank platform to sort for dollar..start the processing on time to avoid delay ...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 2:45am On Dec 05, 2016
Sirchino:

Good day everyone.Thanks to those who are contributing heartily on this thread. You guys will not lack help where you may also need it.

Cc: WestAfrican, Bellong et all. You all are kind.

Please, i have few doubts to resolve about migrating to OZ and i believe to get good answers on here. I am a Petroleum Engineering graduate, finished service in Nov 2012. I have not really worked in my area of training post graduation as a Petroleum Engineer, since i could not find any job. So i resulted to enterprising (Self employed). Seeking for contracts of all kind to execute and earn from it, though with no registered coy. so no tax clearance or whatever government document for my hustle.

Now, I want to move to OZ and possibly get my PR, most likely by vocational or masters course in construction project management as an area of interest and one of the top skills on the SOL to develop myself more in that focus with some kind of OZ training. And while at it in OZ, I would start my skilled migration application for assessment as a Petroleum Engineer before my vocational or masters program will end to get my PR and remain in OZ.

The second option for me is to file an application for assessment as a Petroleum Engineer here in Nigeria, though with no post graduate work history but with IT and final year project for the CDR as such and apply for PR, which seems to take longer to process. Also when granted a PR, it is most likely to also seek a vocation in construction/project management to suit in one of the skills on SOL, different from my Petroleum Engineering training.

So people please, i ask for your guide based on the available options of mine to move to OZ.

Thank you all for your anticipated input.
You basically need around 60 point to qualify

+ If your age is btw 25-32years you score 30 point

+ If you are able to score 8 and above in all band (ielts) you get 20 point.

+ Zero point for no work experience like you mentioned

+ Your Bachelor degree will fetch you 10 point.

If you are traveling with your partner and they meet up with the skilled migration visa requirements, you get an extra 5 point. Or if you do a professional course here in australia you can get extra 5 point.

So look into the points and see if you can achieve them otherwise you can come in as a student and become a slave or trapped into paying the huge tuition fees. The choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 2:50am On Dec 05, 2016
supremez74:

please I want to use my uncle and dad as my sponsors, they
dont share same surname? what documents would i use to
show their ties or relationship? or would i be granted visa just showing their both account statements,my uncle wants to send a huge amount to my dads, and im trying to avoid the money lodgement thing, someone should help me, as I already have admission at curtin.
2. also i have a cousin who wants to apply for TAFE, would you advice he goes through agents or do it himself? please those who applied for TAFE how did you go about it

Are you applyig for undergraduate or masters program?
Is your uncle from your maternal or paternal side? Do he have birth certificate or change of name affidavit to show his relationship with one of your parents?

Your cousin can decide to come get some information here if he is willing to do it himself, he may also chose to use an agent if he has money to pay them. The requirements for Tafe is tedious though since its under AL3.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lizzyrinola(f): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2016
Very Urgent!

Please house. I want to use my Sister as Sponsor. However, she's married and no longer bears our family name. Can you please tell me what documentation i will need to present alongside my application. Also, can i use her fixed deposit account or do i need to have her make the funding available?

Please help!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by supremez74: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2016
WestAfrican:

Are you applyig for undergraduate or masters program?
Is your uncle from your maternal or paternal side? Do he have birth certificate or change of name affidavit to show his relationship with one of your parents?

Your cousin can decide to come get some information here if he is willing to do it himself, he may also chose to use an agent if he has money to pay them. The requirements for Tafe is tedious though since its under AL3.

thank you so much @westAfrica ,
1. I'm applying for masters , my uncle is from my paternal side ,he has birth certificate ,but he doesn't have change of name, did his birth certificate at a court and its a different surname

2. I'm enquiring on his behalf ,the agents are charging outrageous amounts, he wants to do it himself and I'll be guiding him, we have all documents required for admission application, notarized O levels n English test and others, please guide me through a list of steps to follow
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by paka2016: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=Ogolikpo1 post=51632128][/quote]

Not like a course in Nigeria, You have to do it here but it's quite expensive but it will help in the long run.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
WestAfrican:
Does someone on a student visa intending to process PR while studying needs a police clearance certificate?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
bligs:

Does someone on a student visa intending to process PR while studying needs a police clearance certificate?

I think you need police report for PR

Not needed for study visa
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ogolikpo1(f): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=paka2016 post=51653021]

Not like a course in Nigeria, You have to do it here but it's quite expensive but it will help in the long run.
thank you. but pls I have more questions to ask.
I am actually a Nurse here, I approached some of these agents, they told me that Australia hardly grant visa to such short term courses because I had interest on one, pls how truth is it. if the TAFE course is upto 6 months do dey usually grant student visas for such.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
foreverkind1:

I think you need police report for PR

Not needed for study visa
I know but my question is while already in Australia and decide to run the PR package, will someone still need police report?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
bligs:

I know but my question is while already in Australia and decide to run the PR package, will someone still need police report?

Yes, you still need a police report while onshore.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lizzyrinola(f): 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
Very Urgent!

Please house. I want to use my Sister as Sponsor. However, she's married and no longer bears our family name. Can you please tell me what documentation i will need to present alongside my application. Also, can i use her fixed deposit account or do i need to have her make the funding available?

Please help!

HELP!!!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hello all,

Will one have to book appointment with Australian Visa Application Center for biometrics or just go?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kenyata:
Hello all,

Will one have to book appointment with Australian Visa Application Center for biometrics or just go?
just go ...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sirchino: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
WestAfrican:

You basically need around 60 point to qualify

+ If your age is btw 25-32years you score 30 point

+ If you are able to score 8 and above in all band (ielts) you get 20 point.

+ Zero point for no work experience like you mentioned

+ Your Bachelor degree will fetch you 10 point.

If you are traveling with your partner and they meet up with the skilled migration visa requirements, you get an extra 5 point. Or if you do a professional course here in australia you can get extra 5 point.

So look into the points and see if you can achieve them otherwise you can come in as a student and become a slave or trapped into paying the huge tuition fees. The choice is yours.

WestAfrican, thank you for your response. I would need clarification on coming for a professional course. Do you mean moving to Oz for the course before applying for assessment as an Engineer and then have some extra point to earn?

Also will it be possible to apply for a one year post graduate diploma in construction management and then then file for my assessment as Engineer while in Oz, to obtain a PR before the end of my Program? Which i think wld be a little cheaper and easier than masters for now. Then later i can go for my masters.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sirchino: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
BADNEAT:
just go ...

@Badneat. Please could you make an input on my case based on what you know. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ukchy: 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Is a Big lie. Australia govt didnt stop anybody from doing age care program
Student still do age care job till tomorrow. They upgraded the program. The industry is so broad.Meanwhile Aussie citizen dont really work in that sector. The sector is mainly occupy by intl student because of how tedious the work it. Aussie that want enjoy life you want him to come carry old woman abi to come wipe his or her shit. Dey no get time for that.

writejhn27:

You are right. The Australia Government have stop student from doing Aged Care because they says their citizens don't always get the Aged Care job. Pls poster be updated before you post so that people won't come to Australia and be stranded

One Love

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.