Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1042306 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
gogedda:

Someone told me No 7 and 13 on the list are in Brisbane . Please house, which course can I study in these two schools that will lead to PR, I already have a Bsc in geology and Msc in Petroleum geology here in Nigeria. I need courses that are not too expensive in university of Queensland and Queensland University of technology..Thanks all..

This link will help you with school and fees:
http://cricos.education.gov.au/

This other link will help you with sol and csol courses:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

Thou this sol and csol are for 2016-2017 it may change before the end of your course.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
gogedda:

Someone told me No 7 and 13 on the list are in Brisbane . Please house, which course can I study in these two schools that will lead to PR, I already have a Bsc in geology and Msc in Petroleum geology here in Nigeria. I need courses that are not too expensive in university of Queensland and Queensland University of technology..Thanks all..
aside from engineering I'm not sure there's any other assessment body that can assess zero experience positively ,so it gets funny when people ask the question you just did ...I stand to be corrected tho .. go to the other thread by sir bellong and ask him ,he's our pr guru ..but I think you should first check the sol and csol for your field.finding a course or university that is not expensive is a personal thing you do yourself ,nobody will search that for you ...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
bikky215:

Thank God I received my Visa Grant today the 16th of February. application submitted on the 2nd of February, medicals on the 1st of February and biometrics on the 3rd. I will be traveling to Melbourne next week Thursday or Friday and I haven't booked my ticket. Please house, what's the cheapest flight from Lagos to Melbourne?
No direct flight from Nigeria to AUS is cheap but when you break down your journey you may find one. I.e, fly (Ethiopia Air) from lagos Abuja to Singapore Malaysia or Thailand then flight (Cebu Pacific or Air Asia to Melbourne.
You need to ring the embassies to see if you need a transit visa and make sure you leave at least 6-12 hrs for your connecting flight.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lusen(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
bikky215:

Thank God I received my Visa Grant today the 16th of February. application submitted on the 2nd of February, medicals on the 1st of February and biometrics on the 3rd. I will be traveling to Melbourne next week Thursday or Friday and I haven't booked my ticket. Please house, what's the cheapest flight from Lagos to Melbourne?

I will pm you now. let's talk. I'm going to melbourne next Thursday or Friday too.
congrats on your visa. it came out on time. only two weeks. I waited for a month before I got mine.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jbonito(m): 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
WestAfrican:

In most cases it does cover but people still end up deferring their admission while other change from uni to uni or uni to tafe. In such case, you do need to show ielts and bankstatement for your visa to be granted.

Ok boss. Well understood.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 12:30am On Feb 17, 2017
michV:
@yomiesneh Meawhile a Masters of Engineering in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING in RMIT is 34000aud per year while similar program in edith cowan university is 25900aud per year and which EDC is of my interest and as a result would require a sponsor of which i have been clamouring for clarification on the variety of sponsors acceptable on this thread since yesterday and i have not got a clear answer..

1. If your undergraduate degree is in Engineering, why pay $25900 for tuition when you can get a PR with half of the money?

2. Who do you have in mind to sponsor you? The key to sponsorship is your ability and that of the sponsor to proof your relationship and why he is sponsoring you. If you have convincing evidence of ties, you shouldn't have issues irrespective whether your sponsor is a family member or not. The instructions on the website are guidelines, there are exceptions to every rule.

Meanwhile, it is better you do PR than throw $25k away with no benefit. When you get your PR, you can still go to school and pay domestic student fee or free if it is by research.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Silent2013: 5:58am On Feb 17, 2017
bikky215:

Congratulation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 6:46am On Feb 17, 2017
SegunWamiri:
Congrats

CONGRATS BRO, I TAP INTO YOUR TESTIMONY. EXPECTING MINE SOON
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 6:46am On Feb 17, 2017
[quote author=Silent2013 post=53785658]
CONGRATS BRO, I TAP INTO YOUR TESTIMONY. EXPECTING MINE SOON

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
bellong:

1. If your undergraduate degree is in Engineering, why pay $25900 for tuition when you can get a PR with half of the money?

2. Who do you have in mind to sponsor you? The key to sponsorship is your ability and that of the sponsor to proof your relationship and why he is sponsoring you. If you have convincing evidence of ties, you shouldn't have issues irrespective whether your sponsor is a family member or not. The instructions on the website are guidelines, there are exceptions to every rule.

Meanwhile, it is better you do PR than throw $25k away with no benefit. When you get your PR, you can still go to school and pay domestic student fee or free if it is by research.
having accessed myself,my years of experience and age would not fetch me higher point hence the need to go via study route
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
bikky215:

Congrats dear, did you apply through pfl?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
michV:
having accessed myself,my years of experience and age would not fetch me higher point hence the need to go via study route

Can you outline your point?

You don't need work experience as an engineer to get a positive assessment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
peteredo:
@bellong can we chat privately @

I am sorry... Ask your question here, other people may be able to answer you better.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
bellong:

Hi boss, please I need a little clarity@bolded:Are Masters by research and PhD free for PR holders? Upon arrival in Aussie, at what point does one qualify for this?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 12:19am On Feb 18, 2017
40manlappy:

Hi boss, please I need a little clarity@bolded:Are Masters by research and PhD free for PR holders? Upon arrival in Aussie, at what point does one qualify for this?

Once you arrive and are able to secure admission for Masters or PhD by research, you don't pay tuition as a PR holder.
It is completely free and may get stipend from your supervisor if he has ongoing project.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 10:01am On Feb 18, 2017
bellong:

Once you arrive and are able to secure admission for Masters or PhD by research, you don't pay tuition as a PR holder.
It is completely free and may get stipend from your supervisor if he has ongoing project.
This is cool, and is it possible on a part time basis?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuglothen(f): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2017
Please house, i have a question. Currently, i have a 4 years experience in the banking industry but with degree and masters in zoology. If I apply for bsc in accounting and graduate. Will my work experience in nigeria count for me while applying for PR? Please help
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 18, 2017
lusen:
A new Australian life is my loveliest gift for Valentine.
The wait is over. My visa grant came in this morning. I give God the Glory.

one step closer to my goal and I can't wait to get started.
#DeakinUniversity #Geelong #melbourne #MasterOfArchitecture #AustralianInstituteOfArchitects

Thank you all.

Congrats Lusen. I ask for this grace
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2017
Hello House.

Pls advice. I paid my tuition deposit to Rmit via telegraph transfer Cus I had available us dollars but since 9th of Feb til now, Rmit said they haven't gotten my payment that as soon as my payment is cleared I I'll be issued with my coe.
I have contacted Gtbank and they have initiated a tracer which proved funds were delivered.

I am to resume on the 28th of Feb and I haven't gotten coe not to talk of visa application.

Does it really take that long to confirm payment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
mctowel01:

This is cool, and is it possible on a part time basis?

I don't know if it is tuition free for part time, I am only sure of full time.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by goodguygonebad: 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
bellong:

So getting an admission for PhD directly would not stand as an advantage for PR? Also, will PhD students pay tuition as they don't have to take courses?

Please clarify. I am applying for PhD
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bikky215(f): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
PurpleG:

Congrats dear, did you apply through pfl?
Yes
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jeffez: 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
bikky215:

Yes

Bikky did u receive ur visa grant notice on ur email or was it pfl that notified u on that.
I applied the same day u did n am still awaiting response. Congrats on ur approval
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good pm.I sent you a pm message and will appreciate to hear from you cos I am about to apply to rmit cos I need some info from you. thanks.
bikky215:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
bikky215:

Try etihad, qatar. Welcome to melbourne in advance. Very nice place to be

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.