Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,444 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1042208 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2017
Clusesigna:
Hello guys . Been a silent observer my self...tho I made an application before coming across this threads. Still thought to was right to post my success. As we are all Nigerian and we need to help "genuine" visa seekers so our name will remain drama free in this world of trump etc lol

Visa application : 1st Feb . Medical front loaded
Grant : 22nd Feb
After an argonising few weeks of waiting I finally got the response I expected.

Anyone have an idea how Brisbane is in terms of jobs etc.

School resumes on the 27th, but might be late by a day or so. Ask any question u wish I will gladely reply. Thanks guys
wooow congrats dear, mine was 6th feb , med and bio on the 8th, am still waiting. Same Brisbane. When did you do your med? Pls pray for me. I wish I had mine already we would be going together on same flight.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2017
JewelStone:

Email the Embassy ASAP, state your start date and how you need to be in school soon, ask for update on you application. Include all your details
what is their email
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tolfa(m): 8:23am On Feb 24, 2017
hello friends, please I will like to study in Australia but I have been denied visa to Canada n UK....Hope these denials won't affect my Australia visa application?
thanks for your response in advance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Path21: 9:42am On Feb 24, 2017
WestAfrican:

Seminar or conference is classified as business. So you would need to apply for a business visa.
Your company need not provide bank statement although you need to provide your own personal statement plus supporting documents from company I.e. letter stating they are sending you on conference and what days you would be staying for, your employment contract, couple of payslips, Id card, itinerary for flight and hotel. Don't forget to include Polio and yellow fever cards plus get your finger prints taken.

Thank you very much, but please I have just one question. What if my company transfer some money into my account for expenses do I still need to provide payslips? or will it be call money lodgement? I just want to be in safer side.

Please I will appreciate your urgent response as I was hoping to submit my application before next week.
Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justsaypie: 9:43am On Feb 24, 2017
PurpleG:

Congrats dear, did you apply through pfl?

Hi @PurpleG, wondering if your admission at UniMelb came through?
Hope you don't mind my asking
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2017
justsaypie:

Hi @PurpleG, wondering if your admission at UniMelb came through?
Hope you don't mind my asking
No... I guess I applied late. I'm going to Flinders though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:08am On Feb 24, 2017
PurpleG:

No... I guess I applied late. I'm going to Flinders though.

Why Flinders?

Have you been given admission?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2017
@JewelStone thanks for your post.A very good guide and motivating. earlier last week I was looking forward to something like this and God sent you here.thanks alot
meanwhile i was told for disability/age care that i need a car,in short some said to me that working under an agency pays more and an agency may require you to have a car in other to always facilitate your movement and meet up to demands and also if i don't apply under an agency I would find it longer getting a job in this sector.how much do you know of western australia, perth to be precise if you do?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
bellong:

Why Flinders?

Have you been given admission?
Yeah, applied for visa already.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
hello house i was contacted to do biometerics while i had already done that since 8th feb with their reference letter they sent to me. what do i do
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Favorsky: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Favorsky: 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
CJFLEX:
hello house i was contacted to do biometerics while i had already done that since 8th feb with their reference letter they sent to me. what do i do
You should book appointment for Monday. Perhaps your biometrics was not complete or something is missing or not done properly.

Congrats, you're visa is ready!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
Who is coming to victoria? (RMIT/Deakin)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
PurpleG:

Yeah, applied for visa already.

OK.. I don't usually advice people to choose schools in South Australia especially those looking to do part time job to pay school fees.

It is difficult getting a job here. Though you will get in the end but usually difficult in the beginning. I am telling you not to scare you but to prepare your mind and come with enough resources for at least 4 months.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Path21: 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Please guys I need your help, I want to submit my application for Australia visa, I will be attending a conference in April and my company is sponsoring me, My question is my company want to transfer 2 million into my account for my expenses which will be stated in the sponsorship letter please i want to know if it's right and again do I need to include my payslips?

please your urgent response will be highly appreciated because I have paid for the conference.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Favorsky:

You should book appointment for Monday. Perhaps your biometrics was not complete or something is missing or not done properly.

Congrats, you're visa is ready!
yes oo i will see to that, although i called the teleperformance to know what happened and they said nothing went wrong but they wiil check on monday, i also screen printed the biometerics confirmation email sent to me after my biometerics and uploaded it i my immi acct just to show i had done it before. but i will follow it up on money better.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
bellong:

OK.. I don't usually advice people to choose schools in South Australia especially those looking to do part time job to pay school fees.

It is difficult getting a job here. Though you will get in the end but usually difficult in the beginning. I am telling you not to scare you but to prepare your mind and come with enough resources for at least 4 months.
OK thanks. I plan leaving South Australia immediately I'm done with studies.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Path21:

Thank you very much, but please I have just one question. What if my company transfer some money into my account for expenses do I still need to provide payslips? or will it be call money lodgement? I just want to be in safer side.

Please I will appreciate your urgent response as I was hoping to submit my application before next week.
Thank you
Payslips will further buttress your claim of working with the company. Although it is only recommended and not necessary.
Yeah your company can transfer money in your account. It will be nice for them to mention it in the letter to the embassy and I believe the company name will also appear on your personal bank statement.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 12:00am On Feb 25, 2017
PurpleG:

OK thanks. I plan leaving South Australia immediately I'm done with studies.

OK.. what are coming to study?

Keep me updated on your progress, can help you with information to settle down and pick you from the airport if I am free on your arrival date.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 1:35am On Feb 25, 2017
bellong:

OK.. what are coming to study?

Keep me updated on your progress, can help you with information to settle down and pick you from the airport if I am free on your arrival date.
Yaay... Nursing. OK sir, I will. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:54am On Feb 25, 2017
PurpleG:

Yaay... Nursing. OK sir, I will. Thanks.

OK.. you don't need to leave after study though. Nursing jobs are many in SA.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CorrectPikiN: 2:31am On Feb 25, 2017
JewelStone:

[b]I came in 6 months ago and settling down in Sydney wasn't too difficult for me, because I did my homework well and knew what I was expecting in terms of cost of living and job opportunities. I got a house on gumtree.com.au, my friends helped me tidy my resume, I applied to lots of jobs through seek.com.au, and was lucky to get 2 jobs within my first 3 weeks, so I got to choose the best. I did Cert IV in Disability, and I've been working in the Disability Sector and it's awesome. I also changed my course from Master of Accounting to Bsc Nursing.
[/b]

If anyone has any questions about Sydney or my school WSU, quote me and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Good luck in your hustles kiss

Thank you for these pieces of information, I find it helpful.
I got admission to study information technology at Macquarie University Sydney. Start month is July 2017 and I have paid my school fees but my worries are basically what you said and I quoted above;
* I want to do my home work well
* where to get a very cheap rent (a room)
* How to tidy my CV for quick job placement
* How to get those good paying jobs as I intend to pay my school fees and other living expenses from there.
* And a lot of information I will like to get from you, as I intend to hit the ground running immediately I arrive.

Please I will like to humbly make a request that you help me open up a better line of communication as I will be needing your help in areas like information and advice in other not to fall into wrong hands or make blind decisions. thanks I will send you a PM now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 3:21am On Feb 25, 2017
CorrectPikiN:
Thank you for these pieces of information, I find it helpful.
* I want to do my home work well
* where to get a very cheap rent (a room)
* How to tidy my CV for quick job placement
* How to get those good paying jobs as I intend to pay my school fees and other living expenses from there.
* And a lot of information I will like to get from you, as I intend to hit the ground running immediately I arrive.
Please I will like to humbly make a request that you help me open up a better line of communication as I will be needing your help in areas like information and advice in other not to fall into wrong hands or make blind decisions. thanks I will send you a PM now.
If you really want to do your homework well, you should have read my recent posts, the part you quoted has answers to most of your questions cos I stated how I got my jobs and accommodation. There's nothing like 'very cheap room' in Sydney, even if you want to live 50kms from Sydney CBD, it's still expensive! That's the reality. But if you check gumtree.com.au, there are pockets of areas that are slightly cheaper, depending on your campus, job and where you want live. Your friends can help with ur resume, but if you don't have friends here, I'm happy to help when you arrive. Don't worry it's safe, you won't fall into wrong hands if you have common sense.
I obviously can't give out my contact details to everyone, only select few who I think are serious minded!

@all
Anyone who quotes/PMs me to ask the same things I've already stated here or silly/irrelevant things, I'm simply going to ignore the person. I don't have that luxury of time and I'm not here to spoon feed adults. Plus life here is very fast paced, nobody has anybody's time as everyone is busy, you have to get used to independence real quick cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 3:39am On Feb 25, 2017
michV:
@JewelStone thanks for your post.A very good guide and motivating. earlier last week I was looking forward to something like this and God sent you here.thanks alot
meanwhile i was told for disability/age care that i need a car,in short some said to me that working under an agency pays more and an agency may require you to have a car in other to always facilitate your movement and meet up to demands and also if i don't apply under an agency I would find it longer getting a job in this sector.how much do you know of western australia, perth to be precise if you do?
Yes you need to have a car to get most jobs in disability cos it involves lots of driving to different locations. In my experience, agencies pay less than direct disability organisations. Agencies pay $25-$30 per hour depending on the company and ur experience, while disability organisations pay $29-$35. It's easy to get jobs thru either of them if you know what you're doing, but the process is quicker with agencies cos they always need people and they don't do much verification ie, they don't care if you're an international student and don't restrict your work hours as the govt requires.

Other than the fact that it's a smaller city with cheaper rents and less jobs opportunities than Sydney, I don't know anything about Perth

CJFLEX:
what is their email
Apparently, they've changed their procedure. Nigerian students can no longer email them directly, you need to fill an inquiry form on their website.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 7:39am On Feb 25, 2017
bellong:

OK.. you don't need to leave after study though. Nursing jobs are many in SA.
OK sir.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:15am On Feb 25, 2017
JewelStone:

they don't care if you're an international student and don't restrict your work hours as the govt requires.
Please elaborate on the restrict hours can a student do over 20hours per week?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 25, 2017
The work restriction says you can work 40hrs /2weeks ....so you won't be going against the rules if you choose to work 30 1St week and 10 2ND week ...but no be for person mouth you go hear say okro de draw
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Path21: 9:15am On Feb 25, 2017
WestAfrican:

Payslips will further buttress your claim of working with the company. Although it is only recommended and not necessary.
Yeah your company can transfer money in your account. It will be nice for them to mention it in the letter to the embassy and I believe the company name will also appear on your personal bank statement.

Thank you very much I so much appreciate this, Yes my company name will appear in my personal statement when there transfer the money to my account.

God will bless you for your help.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justsaypie: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2017
PurpleG:

OK sir.

Hi @PurpleG A big congratulations on your admission, I wish you the best of luck!

The nursing program at Flinders is a bachelor's yeah?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
justsaypie:

Hi @PurpleG A big congratulations on your admission, I wish you the best of luck!

The nursing program at Flinders is a bachelor's yeah?
Yeah Bachelor...2 years graduate entry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.