Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043376 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by occie3: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
Studying at The University of Queensland, Brisbane.

Visa app 16 Jan, medicals WFCLINIC 17th Jan, biometrics 18th January. Total time 3 weeks.

No bank statements, Ielts was compulsory for my program, no further contact made from the embassy.

MY PROGRESS REPORT

Writing from brisbane, QLD.

Arrived 21st of Feb. From the airport every one was so whity. Cultural shock lol. Not like USa or UK. I Had to go that same day to UQ for a compulsory orientation. It was hectic.

Brisbane is hot just like naija at least for now.

The city is really developed at least I can rate and compare with cities in usa and uk. Perhaps even more developed. I Was impressed and haven't even gone anywhere yet.

For accomodation; presently still using airbnb. Looking for something more permanent. Not a problem because I'm still trying to understand my school schedule and clinical placements.

Navigating in town has been with Google map, journey planner. And I ask a lot of questions esp to confirm my route. Everyone seems polite and apologise if they really can't help. My school is so massive every one esp newbies use the school's navigation app. Lol

Food ain't a problem good stores available. Take your blended soup things believe me it will help. My second luggage was just food. I also took crayfish and stock fish etc Well sealed in ziploc bags and sealing bags. Gambled on that but they let it pass since I declared in the form.

Met a nice couple that have really been a good guide. NOTE: Avail your self to a religious centre eg church

Doing my background work to prepare me for a job etc TFN, bank account etc.

So far so good, no complaints missing home though.

Team brisbane we could team up. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
BADNEAT:
The work restriction says you can work 40hrs /2weeks ....so you won't be going against the rules if you choose to work 30 1St week and 10 2ND week ...but no be for person mouth you go hear say okro de draw
Foreigners are actually breaking the rules working more than normal hours stated on the student visa even school authorities are aware of this, just don't be caught by immigration.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by holysinner01: 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
Good day, please do anyone know cheap univeristies in AU that does premasters cuz i have a third class in business and i was told i have to do a premasters before doing my masters.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
mzjennypher:
hello house pls if u want to pay for sch fees or want pta pls buzz its more than available. i work with a financial institution u wld get at official rate nor black market
Name of bank? and what is the rate and requirements
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omooloriredade: 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
Solitin40:

Name of bank? and what is the rate and requirements

Approach your bank. You know it's all over the news, right? The new CBN policy on forex. A few banks have been sending messages to their customers already. I believe you would be attended to.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abass: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Evening great minds
Pls @jewelstone, can you please recommend schools where one can study Disability(Certificate or Diploma).
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
Solitin40:
Please elaborate on the restrict hours can a student do over 20hours per week?
Immigration says students should only work 40hrs per 2 weeks during school session, and unlimited hours during school break. Meaning you can work 25hrs this week and 15 hrs next week. It just shouldn't be more than 40hrs/2 weeks.

Some organisations are very strict about this, they won't pay you if you work more than the allowed hours, while some are lenient or just don't care. I heard that Organisations get fined up to $200,000 if caught.

I also heard that some students work more than the allowed hours, Immigration don't really go around checking unless you commit other crimes and they have to dig into ur activities, in which case you'll be deported. This rarely ever happens. But I don't know sha ooo, just reporting what I heard, so don't quote me cheesy

abass:
Evening great minds
Pls @jewelstone, can you please recommend schools where one can study Disability(Certificate or Diploma).
So I doubled-checked and found out that intl students can now only study Disability/Aged Care at CRICOS Colleges/Unis. The private college where I did mine no longer takes intl students, TAFE might be the option, and will take about 6 months-1 year for Certificate III

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 2:24am On Feb 26, 2017
Omooloriredade:

Approach your bank. You know it's all over the news, right? The new CBN policy on forex. A few banks have been sending messages to their customers already. I believe you would be attended to.

Please which banks have started issuing PTA? I'm interested.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 2:29am On Feb 26, 2017
CJFLEX:
hello house i was contacted to do biometerics while i had already done that since 8th feb with their reference letter they sent to me. what do i do

I applied on 2nd February, did my medicals on 6th Feb and Biometrics on 7th. But I'm yet to get any feedback.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 3:52am On Feb 26, 2017
occie3:

Welcome to Brisbane, hope you settle well.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2017
occie3:
Studying at The University of Queensland, Brisbane.

Visa app 16 Jan, medicals WFCLINIC 17th Jan, biometrics 18th January. Total time 3 weeks.

No bank statements, Ielts was compulsory for my program, no further contact made from the embassy.

MY PROGRESS REPORT

Writing from brisbane, QLD.

Arrived 21st of Feb. From the airport every one was so whity. Cultural shock lol. Not like USa or UK. I Had to go that same day to UQ for a compulsory orientation. It was hectic.

Brisbane is hot just like naija at least for now.

The city is really developed at least I can rate and compare with cities in usa and uk. Perhaps even more developed. I Was impressed and haven't even gone anywhere yet.

For accomodation; presently still using airbnb. Looking for something more permanent. Not a problem because I'm still trying to understand my school schedule and clinical placements.

Navigating in town has been with Google map, journey planner. And I ask a lot of questions esp to confirm my route. Everyone seems polite and apologise if they really can't help. My school is so massive every one esp newbies use the school's navigation app. Lol

Food ain't a problem good stores available. Take your blended soup things believe me it will help. My second luggage was just food. I also took crayfish and stock fish etc Well sealed in ziploc bags and sealing bags. Gambled on that but they let it pass since I declared in the form.

Met a nice couple that have really been a good guide. NOTE: Avail your self to a religious centre eg church

Doing my background work to prepare me for a job etc TFN, bank account etc.

So far so good, no complaints missing home though.

Welcome to Brisbane, I hope you will enjoy your time here....

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dagbokoncept(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I have always love to migrate to Australia, I need someone to put me through how I can achieve that much easier. I wouldn't mind giving you a call for proper clarification. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abass: 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thank u very much sis, God Bless. The task ahead is to keep searching for cert III because cert IV is what i see in the little schools I've seen so far

So I doubled-checked and found out that intl students can now only study Disability/Aged Care at CRICOS Colleges/Unis. The private college where I did mine no longer takes intl students, TAFE might be the option, and will take about 6 months-1 year for Certificate III[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omoluabiguy: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Post deleted
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peteredo: 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
please who stays in pert
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
Pls house, how many months bank statement should I present for a visit visa?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwakibie3(m): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Vivienne01:

I applied on 2nd February, did my medicals on 6th Feb and Biometrics on 7th. But I'm yet to get any feedback.

Pls where did u do ur medicals and what tests are required to be carried out?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
ugomnaanny:
Pls house, how many months bank statement should I present for a visit visa?

At least 3 months. They want to see the inflow and outflow flow of monies in your account and what bring in the money most (e.g salary, business or gifted money).
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WESTERNCR: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please can anyone link !e with a school in Sydney where I can pay school fee on arrival.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omooloriredade: 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Vivienne01:

Please which banks have started issuing PTA? I'm interested.

Your bank inclusive.

Edit: Make enquiries where you bank. All commercial banks should be providing this service now except banks with cash problems (they might not be able to provide the equivalent Naira as direct deduction is made from their account with the CBN).
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 12:58am On Feb 27, 2017
Please house
For those who used statement of accout for visa.Are we supposed to leave the money there until the visa is issued or we can withdraw the money after printing out our statement of account.
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodsClan(m): 8:18am On Feb 27, 2017
Please is there any guy in Melbourne here, i need your help. Kindly reply me . Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 10:20am On Feb 27, 2017
WestAfrican:

At least 3 months. They want to see the inflow and outflow flow of monies in your account and what bring in the money most (e.g salary, business or gifted money).
thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MissHillz: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2017
Hello good people!
Been reading through this thread since I got introduced to it last week and I deeply appreciate all the infos i've gathered so far.

Pls I have a couple of questions... I plan to travel to Aussie for studies in July but I'm yet to start processing my admission; I'm looking to change the name on my Int'l passport to include my hubby's own so he can be granted spousal visa. Can I apply for the admission with my current passport and then notify the school when the new one is ready so it can be updated and used in the COE? I was told the new passport will take about 6-8weeks to be ready.

Secondly, is it true UNSW doesn't grant Masters of Social Works to Int'l students? I got my first degree (3.33GPA) from Uniben in Int'l Studies & Diplomacy. I'm interested in AL1 schools in Sydney (Social Works or International Law)

Pls kindly help a sis out. Cc @WESTAFRICAN
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
please house, does Australia stamp visa on arrival?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=Bambizzle4k4556 post=53836480]Whoever is coming to australia should learn how to drive in Nigeria if you cannot already (learning how to drive in aussie and gettting d permit can cost u up to 300K with d stress n all that bullshits), get ur nigerian drivers license if u dont.... see if you can apply for international drivers license too cuz it will help u/quote] is a Nigerian drivers license recognized there
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
eosigwe:
please house, does Australia stamp visa on arrival?
NO
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=eosigwe post=54104924][/quote] Yes

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by linaluv: 3:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Kenyata:

The only hope is to study hard and rewrite it or look for school(s) that do not require it. I may be wrong though!

i was actually saying that because of the embassy.
it seems they made IELTS or INTL exams compulsory for obtaining visa?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Solitin40:

NO
I don't understand why you'll say No.
but dude you shouldn't be asking some ill question here. What does that had to do with your studies. Every country you enter as an immigrate must stamp you in nah. Kai pple go kill person with question here.

Abeg if you're coming to Sydney I'll reckon you to prepare yourself very well. Just budget like $2k for car that's if you really want to work. Every other thing apart from huz rent na smalls
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
Anyone coming to Sydney this month should holla me
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
bblessed:
Please house
For those who used statement of accout for visa.Are we supposed to leave the money there until the visa is issued or we can withdraw the money after printing out our statement of account.
Thanks

Please someone should answer my question@westafrica &co

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.