Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:59 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1035691 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
laminaria:
hello my e-family, just landed in perth yesterday 6:30pm saturday perth time.a beautiful city, heading to brisbane following day. met a Liberian guy who works at d perth airport, sheltered me to following morin. more gist when i reach brisbane....sorry to guys who sent me me msg on whatsapp the wifi at airport wont just connect to my phone will get bak to u guys shortly.
thank God for a safe trip. I'm sure this is a dream come true 4 u. have a fulfilled life in oz n keep us posted. we'll be joining u very very soon by God's grace.
Kudos
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doomel: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
Please I studied mechanical engineering in school and have worked as a field engineer in oil and gas company for 5 years. what do I apply to be assessed as? professional engineer in mechanical engineering or is there an option for oil and gas?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doomel: 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
doomel:
Please I studied mechanical engineering in school and have worked as a field engineer in oil and gas company for 5 years. what do I apply to be assessed as? professional engineer in mechanical engineering or is there an option for oil and gas?

Please, someone help a sister
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
To God be the Glory, finally in Brisbane!
hardest part was to say goodbye to your love ones. really enjoyed my flight from mmia to doha, from doha to perth and finally to Brisbane.....first time on-board, it is a nice experience and dream comes true. new world new life it is beyond what i can type here.
God will make it happen for everyone, no visa refusal In Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
laminaria:
hardest part was to say goodbye to your love ones. really enjoyed my flight from mmia to doha, from doha to perth and finally to Brisbane.....first time on-board, it is a nice experience and dream comes true. new world new life it is beyond what i can type here.
Amen, my brother. Enjoy ur new life. It's d lord's doing.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blueprint2015(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
laminaria:

Amen my broda please give us ur new number so we could talk on wassup
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
doomel:

I suggest you stick to Mechanical Engineer, just do well to check that the duties and description of the ANZSCO Code matches your job description
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sizmokool: 12:12am On Oct 05, 2015
Hello Friends, great work you guys are doing here. Please I need help. I got an offer from Deakin to study Master of Engineering (Professional).I have a B.Eng in Civil Engr from UNN and graduated 6years ago. I have been working in an insurance firm all these years. I just got my CoE and want to go ahead to apply for my student visa. However, my wife has a 3-year ban from Australia as she did not exit the country on time when she last visited.

So, I am applying to go alone and leave her and my kids here till her ban expires in a year. My question is, when am applying for Student visa, should I state that she has a ban? If I do, will it affect Pretoria's decision on whether or not to grant me the Visa?

Please advice, Great PEOPLE
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doomel: 7:11am On Oct 05, 2015
scrollmeout:

I suggest you stick to Mechanical Engineer, just do well to check that the duties and description of the ANZSCO Code matches your job description
Thanks alot. Please do you have a link to the ABZSCO duties? Cant seem to find it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 8:05am On Oct 05, 2015
laminaria:
hello my e-family, just landed in perth yesterday 6:30pm saturday perth time.a beautiful city, heading to brisbane following day. met a Liberian guy who works at d perth airport, sheltered me to following morin. more gist when i reach brisbane....sorry to guys who sent me me msg on whatsapp the wifi at airport wont just connect to my phone will get bak to u guys shortly.
Congrats bro, thank God for safe journey and keep us posted grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
oh....ok. I didnt know this. thx for the insight smiley
bellong:
Chuckdee13,

Bachelors and Masters carry 15 points. Only PhD is 20points.

Being a member does not automatically grant her positive assessment. She needeto assess her skill.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
Awwww...thats so nice. safe landing in Brisbane bro.
laminaria:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
House please i want to front load my medicals @ fatai williams...i need d requirements...thank u
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
Thank God for the safe flight...God bless ur hustle
laminaria:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
@doomel
u studied mechanical engineering but u have been working as a petroleum engineer (since u said field engineer in oil and gas) so I guess the best will be to apply for petroleum engineer... scrollmeout what do u think?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Osamuzi: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
Pls life in australia easy? Am waiting
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=sizmokool post=38674133]Hello Friends, great work you guys are doing here. Please I need help. I got an offer from Deakin to study Master of Engineering (Professional).I have a B.Eng in Civil Engr from UNN and graduated 6years ago. I have been working in an insurance firm all these years. I just got my CoE and want to go ahead to apply for my student visa. However, my wife has a 3-year ban from Australia as she did not exit the country on time when she last visited.

So, I am applying to go alone and leave her and my kids here till her ban expires in a year. My question is, when am applying for Student visa, should I state that she has a ban? If I do, will it affect Pretoria's decision on whether or not to grant me the Visa?

I will like to comment on the 3 year ban thing..... I think the answer to you question should be stated clearly in the letter given to her (The area the ban affected).

I was given a 3 year ban too...... in my own case, I and everyone included in my application can not study within dis 3 years in Oz.......meaning any study related application will not B granted to me,my spouse or children cos I included dia names in my application. This also mean I , my spouse or children can apply for any oda program( skill select etc) apart from study.

U will have to state D needful cos a straight forward question requires a straight forward answer........ Remember U will sign after filling D form dat D information provided is correct... if U don't include her and your children in D application inviting them later might be a little bit tough . And if U include her, her information is already on dia system. Unless she will start a new application and not include U also after D ban
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
@chuckdee13 @chiso15 @pmillier1 @blueprints2015 : tank you all for d wishes...waiting to hear your testimony too.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by castrokins(m): 5:03am On Oct 06, 2015
@laminaria
I almost cried when you were denied at the first instance. stayed through this night to read the thread and see practical examples and testimonies. Eventually yours came and that got me feeling the same way i'd felt earlier at the denial. Congratulations. To everyone who've stayed true to the course of helping others through this thread, God bless you all. I will be throwing my hat into the ring soonest and I can make bold to say that the huge volume of treasured information you have authoritatively vouched here will come handy. Keep it up guys...

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 6:11am On Oct 06, 2015
samuelokwu:
[
Thanks a lot . But I have already paid my 1st term fees and health insurance about 7,170 Aud. Also I have also applied for the visa. Icant really pull out now .
but is it possible for me to apply for PR once I complete my TAFE? ( If I get the visa)

quote author=NNBB2012 post=35012431]

Go through the previous posts and read the steps to take. You do not need to apply as a student when you have all it takes to get your PR. Looking at your details, you have the following points:

Age-30points
Qualification-15
Experience-10
IELTS 7 in each module?-10 points
Total-65points.
Please run with this and forget TAFE idea.

Which school did you apply for and which course
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 6:20am On Oct 06, 2015
laminaria:
Bro, which sch and what course
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2015
doomel:

Thanks alot. Please do you have a link to the ABZSCO duties? Cant seem to find it.

@ doomel, copy the whole link and past it in your browser address window

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/2FC003B4F119A6C2CA2575DF002C1D94?opendocument

@ Chuckdee13, working as a field engineer in the oil and gas industry doesn't make you a petroleum engineer. Field engineers have different specializations. You can have Electrical, Mechanical, even Civil Engineers working as Field Engineers. What matters is your job role, duties and how it relates to your course of study
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2015
yes thats true...just that the term field engineer is usually given to those doing jobs closely related to petroleum engineers. but i guess doomel has to check his job role n nominate that occupation.
scrollmeout:

@ doomel, copy the whole link and past it in your browser address window

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/2FC003B4F119A6C2CA2575DF002C1D94?opendocument

@ Chuckdee13, working as a field engineer in the oil and gas industry doesn't make you a petroleum engineer. Field engineers have different specializations. You can have Electrical, Mechanical, even Civil Engineers working as Field Engineers. What matters is your job role, duties and how it relates to your course of study
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by doomel: 10:29am On Oct 06, 2015
@scrollmeout and chuckdee13, thanks alot.
I guess i will apply for professional engineer using my mechanial enginnering and use my CDR to prove my rolea and duties are in line
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2015
atrapon:
House please i want to front load my medicals @ fatai williams...i need d requirements...thank u

Check few pages back or just check my posts. You'll need your international passport, passport photos and cash. Google their number and call them for more tori.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2015
ENGRJCJ:

Bro, which sch and what course
metro college of technology, disability course.
please if u av sent your sop to futuredon dont bother to send it to me cos after my lil suggestion i still forward it to him for final assessment.
and moreso, dont subject yoursef to too many people on Sop, dont get confused or distracted by many suggestion.
more visa success story in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
laminaria:

please if u av sent your sop to futuredon dont bother to send it to me cos after my lil suggestion i still forward it to him for final assessment.
and moreso, dont subject yoursef to too many people on Sop, dont get confused or distracted by many suggestion.
Did u apply through an agent
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
databasecareers:
Hello everyone, I just got my svp visa grant but late resumption is tomorrow.What do I do.
Which sch
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
ENGRJCJ:

ENGRJCJ:

ENGRJCJ:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
@laminaria,

Bro, the 1st time you for AL3 program, which program did you applied for?

Pls revert.

laminaria:

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.