Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043322 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bb64(f): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
erictack203:
@laminaria,

Bro, the 1st time you for AL3 program, which program did you applied for?

Pls revert.

please what did you packaged? what is d tuiton deposit to secure admission? I mean the 25%, for first course and 10%for other ocourses plus d health cover how much is the package? please react. thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
bb64:
please what did you packaged? what is d tuiton deposit to secure admission? I mean the 25%, for first course and 10%for other ocourses plus d health cover how much is the package? please react. thank you.
@erictact203....it was aged care+nursing (tafesa)
@bb64: question answered check ur mail.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 10:51am On Oct 07, 2015
Dear bro and sis,
Please what is vetassess address for transcript to be sent to?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good day everyone. I'm new on this forum so i don't know if i'm directing this question to the right channel but i will really appreciate an immediate response. I work in a university and i'm planning for my masters in Australia (Edith Cowan University). I've already paid my fees and bought my OSHC, i'm about to send my documents for visa application but there's a little confusion concerning financial requirement (proof of sufficient fund).

The university i work for is ready to sponsor me but i need to know if it's acceptable. I've searched the internet and Australia immigration site but i didn't find any information about it. If my employer can sponsor me, can it put any restriction on my visa? I look forward to your reply. Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chase123: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
NNBB2012:

Sure, It is possible. All you need to do is to include them as non-migrating family members.
hi NNBB2012. Please can you explain what you mean by non -migrating family member. If a person who is the principal applicant should include his siblings name while applying for australia permanent residency visa,does it mean that the siblings of the primary applicant won't be given permanent residency. Reply please.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
Thanks Laminaira for your response.

laminaria:

@erictact203....it was aged care+nursing (tafesa)
@bb64: question answered check ur mail.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
sftt:
Dear bro and sis,
Please what is vetassess address for transcript to be sent to?

To be honest, I think you should confirm it directly from their website. To be on the safe side.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
sftt:
Dear bro and sis, Please what is vetassess address for transcript to be sent to?
VETASSESS Skills Recognition - General Occupations. Level 5, 478 Albert street East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
sftt:
Dear bro and sis, Please what is vetassess address for transcript to be sent to?
VETASSESS Skills Recognition - General Occupations. Level 5, 478 Albert street East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
Please what are the prospects of someone with an HND in petroleum Engineering. Can u do masters with HND or should u apply as PR
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
EEAA,

Yes, the university can sponsor you. It will even give you advantage since you will be returning to the university after your studies.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2015
EEAA:
Good day everyone. I'm new on this forum so i don't know if i'm directing this question to the right channel but i will really appreciate an immediate response. I work in a university and i'm planning for my masters in Australia (Edith Cowan University). I've already paid my fees and bought my OSHC, i'm about to send my documents for visa application but there's a little confusion concerning financial requirement (proof of sufficient fund).

The university i work for is ready to sponsor me but i need to know if it's acceptable. I've searched the internet and Australia immigration site but i didn't find any information about it. If my employer can sponsor me, can it put any restriction on my visa? I look forward to your reply. Thank you.
Do you even need sponsorship in the first place? ECU supposed to be on SVP!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2015
@ Lawland and all experienced thread mates please help out.
I've met my boss for job reference letter and he willingly accepted to sign and seal it for me (estate surveyors and valuers) but he said I should draft the letter in my own words before he can make corrections. Please I need assistance on how to write it in a way that it will satisfy my CO, urgent response needed as he's leaving for USA tomorrow. Thank you all and God bless..
NB: I'm going for msc in project management at ecu
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
my people pls I need advice.
I recently applied for my svp 573 visa. I sent an email to Pretoria yday asking for my application status and/or acknowledgement letter. I got a response this morning.

Good day,
Please note that processing time for AL3 student visa applications is three months, you cannot import student visa applications on to an immi Account.

Regards
DIBP

Please our experienced members, lawland, futuredon, Erictack n Co. Please wat should I do? How do i correct them that I'm for svp not AL3. I didn't include any bank statement in my application. should I reply their mail as nd tell them?
Please I await ur response
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
thanks

mozo:

To be honest, I think you should confirm it directly from their website. To be on the safe side.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thanks.... i appreciate
mjlbabajide:

VETASSESS
Skills Recognition - General Occupations.
Level 5, 478 Albert street
East Melbourne VIC
Australia.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
What was the content of the email you sent to them? I remember telling ppl that applied for their Visas on this thread to be guided when contacting pretoria.

Though, you don't have to be scared as the email you got was from the General Secretary in-charge of Visa enquiries.

Emails are to be sent to: immigration.pretoria@dfat.gov.au

Email is to be sent only when the standard processing time has passed for your application. If you keep sending unnecessary emails, you will keep having unnecessary response.

Pretoria is currently experiencing heavy lumps of Visa applications and it's making it to take time for Visa processing. Most SVPS are now 6-7weeks since August.

The person that replied you is not your CO and doest know the AL you are in, you were just classified as AL3 because you applied from AL3 country.

chi50:
my people pls I need advice.
I recently applied for my svp 573 visa. I sent an email to Pretoria yday asking for my application status and/or acknowledgement letter. I got a response this morning.

Good day,
Please note that processing time for AL3 student visa applications is three months, you cannot import student visa applications on to an immi Account.

Regards
DIBP

Please our experienced members, lawland, futuredon, Erictack n Co. Please wat should I do? How do i correct them that I'm for svp not AL3. I didn't include any bank statement in my application. should I reply their mail as nd tell them?
Please I await ur response

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2015

erictack203:
What was the content of the email you sent to them? I remember telling ppl that applied for their Visas on this thread to be guided when contacting pretoria.

Though, you don't have to be scared as the email you got was from the General Secretary in-charge of Visa enquiries.

Emails are to be sent to: immigration.pretoria@dfat.gov.au

Email is to be sent only when the standard processing time has passed for your application. If you keep sending unnecessary emails, you will keep having unnecessary response.

Pretoria is currently experiencing heavy lumps of Visa applications and it's making it to take time for Visa processing. Most SVPS are now 6-7weeks since August.

The person that replied you is not your CO and doest know the AL you are in, you were just classified as AL3 because you applied from AL3 country.

@bolded
am not sure about that, i applied aug 27th and got my grant sept 15th. not up to three weeks. medical ahead is always good too.
waiting to hear your success story erictact203.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
Amen ooo my brother. Thanks a lot. Enjoy Brisbane, we dey your back de come grin

laminaria:

@bolded
am not sure about that, i applied aug 27th and got my grant sept 15th. not up to three weeks. medical ahead is always good too.
waiting to hear your success story erictact203.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2015
Hi Friends,
I received my grant of student visa. Thank you all for your advise and support.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2015
samuelokwu:
Hi Friends,

Congrats Bro; please were you SVP and did you submit bank statement or financial declaration? Congrats once more bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuelokwu: 8:36am On Oct 09, 2015
I submitted bank statements and 3 months after they asked me for the same bank statements but for a different period range. I guess it was to confirm my account and balance.

deleyi20:

Congrats Bro; please were you SVP and did you submit bank statement or financial declaration? Congrats once more bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2015
samuelokwu:
I submitted bank statements and 3 months after they asked me for the same bank statements but for a different period range. I guess it was to confirm my account and balance.

Thanks for your response but Were you under SVP and what subclass?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2015
Congrats Sammy!!!

samuelokwu:
Hi Friends,
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks NNBB2012 and bellong. Will the letter of sponsorship and account statement of my employer be enough or the sponsor money must be in my account?
I also like to be sure of the fact that being sponsored by my employer (the university I work for) won't prevent me from being granted further visa because I intend to do my PhD afer the masters and also apply for PR.

Congrats Sammy and laminaria...I'm happy for you. I will appreciate any helpful tip on the visa application. I'm supposed to have sent my application but the statement of account is still unsettled. Every other thing is ready. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
lawland:
Do you even need sponsorship in the first place? ECU supposed to be on SVP!

Yes lawland, ECU is on SVP but part of the visa requirement is proof of sufficient fund to pay for remaining tuition, return ticket and 18,610AUD per year for living expenses.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
EEAA:

Yes lawland, ECU is on SVP but part of the visa requirement is proof of sufficient fund to pay for remaining tuition, return ticket and 18,610AUD per year for living expenses.
I think you are confused here, why not read your requirements again?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 7:06am On Oct 10, 2015
EEAA,

You should check the documents checklist for your visa class.

Irrespective of the checklist, it is a good idea that your university write a letter of commitment and sponsorship. It will give your application weight.

For SVP, you don't need to attach any bank statement.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2015
Thanks lawland and bellong. I have checked several times but I will check again to be sure. My program is higher education(masters by course work) which is subclass 573.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2015
I just checked the immigration website now and found this. The title is;

Subclass 573 Document Checklist Streamlined.
Financial documents
*travel costs to and from Australia
*living costs
*tuition costs
*school costs for any school-aged children
The departmental officer assessing your application will need to be satisfied that the funds you are relying on will genuinely be available to your during your stay in Australia. You might be asked by us to provide further evidence regarding your financial capacity.

This is the information on checklist. So what do you think?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2015
EEAA:
I just checked the immigration website now and found this. The title is;

Subclass 573 Document Checklist Streamlined.
Financial documents
*travel costs to and from Australia
*living costs
*tuition costs
*school costs for any school-aged children
The departmental officer assessing your application will need to be satisfied that the funds you are relying on will genuinely be available to your during your stay in Australia. You might be asked by us to provide further evidence regarding your financial capacity.

This is the information on checklist. So what do you think?
University sponsorship is a long thing as the VC alone doesn't have the power to grant such sponsorship, the senate and governing body will be involved, and what happens when they ask for account verification?

From my understanding, SVPs need to satisfy financial requirement but its not compulsory to show financial evidence even though they reserve the right to ask for it.

You can get a letter of commitment from your Uni like Bellong suggested but leave sponsorship for now.
Like i have always said, "follow your checklist!"

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.