Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1035689 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
Congrats ewagbamio. Your grant has crowned this month's good news. December will be filled with greater news by God's grace. This e-family is really a blessing from God.
ewagbamio:
At last!
My efamily, kindly help me thank the Almighty God for my successful visa application
It's been a very tough and challenging journey but God saw us through. Lots of little mistakes here and there
I barely have time to sit still and carefully plot things the way I wanted but the great ladies and gents on this thread are from another planet, I thank you all specially.

FutureDon! expect me in Queensland. Your work on my SoP was not in vain you see? 2Posh, scratch that, 10000000Posh, you have been wonderful, Erictack203, Chi50, bellong, Ferdimako, bossladyMo, scrollmeout and so many others.

My Timeline
1. Medicals for me and wife: Mid October (I unwisely filled so many things on the wifey's form for HAP ID and she ended up doing so many tests! Not the best thing to do, please just say no to most of the questions -- I'm talking particularly to the health workers here. Yes, you don't plan to enter an hospital, you don't plan to deliver there, you don't plan to do anything, no? You just want to be on your own there grin)

2. 11th Nov Gathered all my Docs and Lodged at Teleperformance Abj after making an appointment online

3.. Application got to Pretoria on 13th Nov

4. Decision made on 27th Nov

5. I got the email on 30th Nov

I didn't include my statement of account. I'm self employed and I have a valid Tax Clearance Cert so it makes a lot of things easier.
your sop is very, very important.

Westerners, in my little interaction with them, are generally thorough and they don't just assume and over look stuff. So please take time out and repeatedly review your docs.

I did everything DIY via Australia thread on NL and the above is my story. IOM is next
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 12:19am On Dec 01, 2015
Congrats brother!
ewagbamio:
At last!
My efamily, kindly help me thank the Almighty God for my successful visa application
It's been a very tough and challenging journey but God saw us through. Lots of little mistakes here and there
I barely have time to sit still and carefully plot things the way I wanted but the great ladies and gents on this thread are from another planet, I thank you all specially.

FutureDon! expect me in Queensland. Your work on my SoP was not in vain you see? 2Posh, scratch that, 10000000Posh, you have been wonderful, Erictack203, Chi50, bellong, Ferdimako, bossladyMo, scrollmeout and so many others.

My Timeline
1. Medicals for me and wife: Mid October (I unwisely filled so many things on the wifey's form for HAP ID and she ended up doing so many tests! Not the best thing to do, please just say no to most of the questions -- I'm talking particularly to the health workers here. Yes, you don't plan to enter an hospital, you don't plan to deliver there, you don't plan to do anything, no? You just want to be on your own there grin)

2. 11th Nov Gathered all my Docs and Lodged at Teleperformance Abj after making an appointment online

I didn't include my statement of account. I'm self employed and I have a valid Tax Clearance Cert so it makes a lot of things easier.

Westerners, in my little interaction with them, are generally thorough and they don't just assume and over look stuff. So please take time out and repeatedly review your docs.

I did everything DIY via Australia thread on NL and the above is my story. IOM is next

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Palla: 3:05am On Dec 01, 2015
Congratulations thank God he is an awesome God
ewagbamio:
At last!

My Timeline

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 01, 2015
thanks a lot @Palla, EEAA, bhanjjie.
I got some private messages notifications but to be honest I'm not exactly sure how the thing works. I'll try my best to respond when I get to work and I'm on a PC but if I'll also post de-identified versions of my responses here so others can possibly benefit. I gained a lot from the open forum here.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2015
ewagbamio:
At last!

My Timeline

Big Congrats Ewagbamio. Good to see you're moving. It was a long hard fight.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:16am On Dec 01, 2015
ewagbamio:
At last!

My Timeline

Yay! Congrats ewagbamio cheesy

Lol @ 10000000Posh grin grin grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:27am On Dec 01, 2015
deleyi20:

Hi 2posh,

After filling the IOM form and attaching your details; how many days later did it take them to process your request?

@ deleyi20

After I sent the documents, IOM Australia replied after a day or two with the booking, asking me to confirm my name and passport details were stated correctly.

I confirmed, then they replied and said to allow about 2 weeks for the payment advice to be sent to me. I didn't mind waiting 'cos my travel date is actually for next year, so no hurry.

They sent the payment advice in a little over 1 week though.

However, I think IOM Nigeria might be faster. But I didn't use them 'cos when I mailed them, they said they can't process my request until early 2016, because my travel date is for next year.

If your travel date is this year, your case might be different. That's why I recommended contacting both offices and choosing which ever you prefer.

Hope this helps smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by akinnawou(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2015
pls i would want you to help me revise my cdr, cld u pls drop ur mail addy so i cn forward to you,thanks
NNBB2012:

No issue bro, you are fine. Go ahead and upload every other document such as form 80 etc. Also arrange your medical, don't wait until you are asked to do so. You could get direct grant without the case officer contacting you similar to my case.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 10:45am On Dec 01, 2015
Is Atapron still on this Thread?.....where hath thou @ Atapron.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 11:31am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello house, I need some advice here plz...I submitted my student visa application class 572 SVP on 27th of Oct with Teleperformance Lagos..the application got to Pretoria on 30th same month/week. But ever since then I haven't received any feedback from the embassy...my commencement date as stated on my ecoe is 1st of December and I indicated 28th of this month as my departure date....i mailed them on Monday and I was replied immediately stating that my application is still under process. Iam yet to do my medicals sef.... also waiting for their directive before doing that...today is 19th my departure date is 28th commencement date 1st of december.....i need advice and opinions pls...what step do you think I can take @ this stage?..

Finally got a feedback from them on the 27th of nov with a Refusal note embarassed cry cry cry cry

Reasons for refusal is as stated below
---------------------------------------------

1). Generic SOP I.e not specific
i guess my sop wasn't explanatory enough cry

2). Irrelevant intended course
I have BSC in public health and i combined 2 science related courses and a management course for Advance Diploma in Management Certificate (572) class. courses are as below
(i) CERTIFICATE III IN AGED CARE

(ii) DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK

(iii) ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT which is the main course others are just prerequisites and i feel MANAGEMENT is required in all organisations.

3). No work experience in Health Science, and courses selected to justify reasons to undertake the courses i intend to practice in Aussy.
i actually indicated Teaching of integrated science subject in a secondary school as my work experience.

4). (GTE) Genuine Temporary entrant issue

As i indicated that am a share-holder in a family company with proof and also indicated am in a relationship but not legally engaged.

NOW AM PLANNING TO GET A NEW eCOE AGAINST FEBRUARY Admission.

I NEED THE HOUSE TO HELP ME PLAN HOW AND WHEN TO RE-APPLY SO AS TO AVOID THE ABOVE MISTAKE FROM REPEATING ITSELF as am anticipating the FEBRUARY Admissions.

I NEED YOU GUYS SUPPORT AND OPINIONS AS I WANT TO CARRY THE HOUSE ALONG THIS TIME.

God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 11:37am On Dec 01, 2015
Thanks again bro.

More questions for you and the house -

1. I went through the 157A doc and saw places where we would fill employment history. What sort of evidences am I to attach to my employment. Employment letter? Secondly, we didn't use "salary scale" at my office, what should I fill in?

2. Please confirm we would include the original IELTS result, which shouldn't need further notarization.

3. For my business employment, what form of evidence should I attach? Only tax clearance as Egbamio did (or and CAC cert)? Cc Egbamio (lol at the username cheesy)

4. Residential address is same as business address. Is this a problem?

5. For Q38 abt being offered a job when you return hom at the completion of your course. Which answer makes more sense?
No - i'll be seeking employment. Or
Yes - Fill in business details as t job that will be waiting for me.
I was wondering I could fill in "no" because I would like to get a job to actually gain more skills and experience first, but I'll prefer whichever answer that would land me my student visa abeg.

6. For Post Code, I know people use 234, I'm not sure if this is correct. Please advise.

7. Never heard of anyone picking his credentials from Teleperformance after visa grant, is it that they don't get their documents again or what? Shebi dem submit their original passport join. Pls pardon my ignorance o. I be learner

Thank you.

FutureDon:
bhanjjie

Congrats on your UQ offer. The “ministry” is growing. I would like to see a Nigerian Students Association UQ, someday.

1. To be honest, I thought you have answered your question already. Here are my thoughts: just make sure the job roles on your CV relates very well to healthcare services. The website approach is also a good idea. In fact, nothing to worry about. Me no just gbadun as you yarn the site for here, try comot am sir. I no wan fo too much.

2. You will receive oral polio vaccine when you go for your medicals. You will be given a letter demonstrating that you have been vaccinated. You will need to include a copy in your visa application. As much as I know, the yellow card will only be needed at the point of entry and not required for visa application.

3. No, you don’t have to CERTIFY your CV, SoP or yellow card.

4. Not necessary bro. Paradoxically, I would put 2 references if I have them.

5. Very tricky question. It’s already been suggested on previous pages, not sure of the page number.

6. On the SoP, I would say something like… my sponsor has enough financial resources to support me throughout the duration of my proposed course.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 11:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Sorry about that. Everything will be ok. Pls give it another try.
Babahafusaa:
Hello house, I need some advice here plz...I submitted my student visa application class 572 SVP on 27th of Oct with Teleperformance Lagos..the application got to Pretoria on 30th same month/week. But ever since then I haven't received any feedback from the embassy...my commencement date as stated on my ecoe is 1st of December and I indicated 28th of this month as my departure date....i mailed them on Monday and I was replied immediately stating that my application is still under process. Iam yet to do my medicals sef.... also waiting for their directive before doing that...today is 19th my departure date is 28th commencement date 1st of december.....i need advice and opinions pls...what step do you think I can take @ this stage?..

Finally got a feedback from them on the 27th of nov with a Refusal note embarassed cry cry cry cry

I have BSC in public health and i combined 2 science related courses and a management course for Advance Diploma in Management Certificate (572) class. courses are as below

(iii) ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT which is the main course others are just prerequisites and i feel MANAGEMENT is required in all organisations.

3). No work experience in Health Science, and courses selected to justify reasons to undertake the courses i intend to practice in Aussy.
i actually indicated Teaching of integrated science subject in a secondary school as my work experience.

As i indicated that am a share-holder in a family company with proof and also indicated am in a relationship but not legally engaged.

I NEED THE HOUSE TO HELP ME PLAN HOW AND WHEN TO RE-APPLY SO AS TO AVOID THE ABOVE MISTAKE FROM REPEATING ITSELF as am anticipating the FEBRUARY Admissions.

I NEED YOU GUYS SUPPORT AND OPINIONS AS I WANT TO CARRY THE HOUSE ALONG THIS TIME.

My email is babahafustic@gmail.com

God bless

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2015
Ewagbamio,

Congratulations
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
What a glorious way to start the month of December, awesome, awesome and thanks to the Almighty God is all I can say. I just got my mail confirming the grant of My Visa.
I am indeed grateful to God.
My only regret is that I didn't apply with my family because I didn't know about SVP. I have applied before I knew about the fact I don't need to submit proof of funds.
My question is please what do I need to do now to apply for my family, I trust God to do this as soon as possible. I pray for everyone still expecting, you shall all receive your goodnews in Jesus name. Amen
God bless everyone in this forum and thank you all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
Congrat Demi
Demi10:
What a glorious way to start the month of December, awesome, awesome and thanks to the Almighty God is all I can say. I just got my mail confirming the grant of My Visa.
My only regret is that I didn't apply with my family because I didn't know about SVP. I have applied before I knew about the fact I don't need to submit proof of funds.
My question is please what do I need to do now to apply for my family, I trust God to do this as soon as possible. I pray for everyone still expecting, you shall all receive your goodnews in Jesus name. Amen
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Omo, this one na ground opener for the month, congrats. Abeg pray for me o
ewagbamio:
At last!

My Timeline

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Congrats demi
Demi10:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Sorry about that bro, best wishes in "reshooting", the house will definitely come to your aid.
Babahafusaa:

My email is babahafustic@gmail.com

God bless

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
More success stories to come this new month.

@ewagbamio, congrats! Go an take over.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayinsyd: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
Please when did u submit and what was the processing time like. Thanks
Babahafusaa:
Congrat Demi
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayinsyd: 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
Please when did u submit and what was the processing time like.
Demi10:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
Thanks @redreact, adetoi01, and all.
I really thank God.
@babahafusa With a Bsc in Public Health it is a little strange seeing you being denied. Health related courses should sail quite easily the way things are set up. I see this as a very temporary setback.

Why didn't you simply go for an MPH and write a decent SOP?
You see, if your SOP is generic, which it must never be, then your course should at least be more 'specific'. The packaged courses are more likely to set alarm bells ringing. My advice on this, reapply for an MPH or a PgDip in Public Health. If you get it, write a neat SOP focussing on How you developed interest in Public Health, how you have worked, albeit informally in the field and why you want to take the next logical step and take a masters in the same field. Let them also know your core interests in public health, mine was in disease prevention and health systems strengthening. Let them know how beneficial this knowledge will be to the Nigerian Health system

Also focus on why you chose Australia, why you chose that particular school, mention the strengths and advantages of the school and that particular dept.

Make mention of the fact that you have enough money to take good care of yourself while over there. let them also know that you have assurance of employment on your return

Above all things, DON'T BE GENERIC, target your SoP very specifically. It indicates that you have actually dedicate some time to the issue at hand.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
@Ayinsyd I submitted on the 13th of November in Pretoria, so it got to them same day, It was approved today and I got the mail today.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Thanks so much @ ewagbami o.. looking at the situation of things am considering getting an updated ecoe then reapply....changing the courses will simply mean I am. not sure of what I want. I will like you to helpmeon d SOP and other Refusal reasons as stated in my post.

Thanks for d concern
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Also @babahafusaa, I think applying for Cert 3 in Aged care, Community Service gave you away as planning to stay over there. I mean, these courses have limited applications with the current Nigerian context. I suggest you pick any course that relates more to your first degree or something that you can easily defend in your SoP. You can then quickly start a 3 month course in Aged care when you arrive there (I haven't researched this approach in much detail, you may however want to look at the strategy)

@bhanjjie: You can check postcodes of various nigerian cities online.
my biz address is also the same as my residential address so its no issue.
Don't include original IELTS, include a certified copy
for my business, I included the following:
1. Tax Clearance Cert
2. CAC registration (CAC cert had a small typo on the street address, i swore an affidavit to correct it just like 18 hours before submitting)
3. An affidavit of fact by a colleague of mine stating that he'l manage my business until my return, that we have negotiated the terms and I'l revert to my current role on my return
** I also mentioned it in my SoP that my biz will be managed by a trusted professional colleague until my return. Let them be aware that you have decent plans for your return

i think its better you state that you've been offered employment on your return and discuss with your employer to give you a letter spelling it out.

As for the salary scale thingy, I'm a one man mopol, lols. No particular salary, so i simply put a figure that is in keeping with the one on my Tax Cert (in Naira, P/A). i think any reasonable figure will do, something not way off.

@bhanjjie, no mind dat username o! God has finally gba mi jare, lols

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
hi babahafusaa,
u can send a copy of your SoP to egbamio@gmail.com
I'll go through and make my sincere suggestions. There are SoP profs lurking in these alleys-- FutureDon and company cheesy, I suggest you also get their attention.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=gunpoint post=40477954]
No you cannot. Yo would be lucky to find any apartment cheaper that 140, infact I'd say its impossible. Budget like 150-180 weekly to be on the safe side.
As for finding a job instantly, its possible. But it does take settling in to know what to do.[Thanks, pertaining the job how much can i expert to get per hour? i have B.Engr in Mechanical Engineering and i am Going for Master in Subsea Engineering]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rolaesh: 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
hello my people, i just got my eCOE today. please what is next. medical?, what forms to download online.

i feel like including my wife on the trip now, what ur sincere advice. should i do my own first and treat her own later?

futuredon, chi50, 2posh my gurus. pls who wil volunteer to help. am just so confused now, i know this are trivial questions. pls help a brother out.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
@Ayinsyd I submitted on the 13th of November in Pretoria, so it got to them same day, It was approved today and I got the mail today.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
@Rolaesh, please include them. If you are on SVP sincerely you don't have anything to fear, I made that silly mistake because of ignorance.
LEts hear the view and opinion of the gurus here. In the meantime please read through this link.
https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/reviews-and-inquiries/review-student-visa-assessment-level-framework-2013.pdf
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
Thank you bro. I appreciate your response. I'm not employed, I hope it is ok to fill in my business information as the "job I would return to after studies"

For my PAST employment, can my employment letter be attached as evidence? If no, what documentation can be attached please?

Thank you.

ewagbamio:
Also @babahafusaa, I think applying for Cert 3 in Aged care, Community Service gave you away as planning to stay over there. I mean, these courses have limited applications with the current Nigerian context. I suggest you pick any course that relates more to your first degree or something that you can easily defend in your SoP. You can then quickly start a 3 month course in Aged care when you arrive there (I haven't researched this approach in much detail, you may however want to look at the strategy)

@bhanjjie: You can check postcodes of various nigerian cities online.
my biz address is also the same as my residential address so its no issue.
Don't include original IELTS, include a certified copy
for my business, I included the following:
1. Tax Clearance Cert
2. CAC registration (CAC cert had a small typo on the street address, i swore an affidavit to correct it just like 18 hours before submitting)
3. An affidavit of fact by a colleague of mine stating that he'l manage my business until my return, that we have negotiated the terms and I'l revert to my current role on my return
** I also mentioned it in my SoP that my biz will be managed by a trusted professional colleague until my return. Let them be aware that you have decent plans for your return

i think its better you state that you've been offered employment on your return and discuss with your employer to give you a letter spelling it out.

As for the salary scale thingy, I'm a one man mopol, lols. No particular salary, so i simply put a figure that is in keeping with the one on my Tax Cert (in Naira, P/A). i think any reasonable figure will do, something not way off.

@bhanjjie, no mind dat username o! God has finally gba mi jare, lols

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131