Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,491 members, 7,801,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1041890 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:50am On May 27, 2015
Thanks Miss smiley

missakomaye:
Guy,
You do well. It's well detailed. Well done and keep up the good work.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 7:54am On May 27, 2015
I can see a deleted comment. I must have missed something...chai! lol

justwise:

@bossladymo1
Please ignore certain individuals here and keep doing what you have been doing. You can never please everyone.

Thanks bro!

mrnilobrawn:

Madam u ar highly appreciated, thank you for kind hearted and consideration to return. God bless u.
You dont know millions of lives u ar elevating with every single post and tips u drop here.
The OPS in questions, u are far better than them ALL put together; professionally, acAdemically, financiAlly, environmentally, spiritually, family wisely, economically, so WTF.
So please dont relent, keep up the good work.

grin

bellong:

Only someone who understand what quality of life is, and not the amount of money they can make, will understand what you have written above.
The politicians he listed don't even keep their children in the country not because of money. They occasionally leave the country to relax leaving gaps in governance. When Saraki was governor in Kwara, he was practically ruling the state from the UK.
Life is not about making money.

True talk!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2015
this is really informative n helpful...does this mean that industrial training in school counts for experience?
NNBB2012:

I like people who speak frankly like you. I have had the cause to stop someone who was about investing his money in Msc route here when he is more than enough qualify for PR. He listened to me and followed the PR process and today he is here in Australia with a job. He is ever grateful that I did that.

If you have mind of studying here in Australia with the hope of staying back, you have to do at least 2yrs minimum Bsc. Your occupation has to be on the list for you to be eligible for Post graduate visa. The truth is , even with the post graduate visa, there is no guarantee that you will get the job that will help you to gain experience so that you can apply for PR. After the expiration of your post graduate visa, you have to leave the country except you jump on another course or you marry a PR/Citizen. And staying 10yrs in Australia does not automatically translate to PR. It is not given based on years of staying. It is either through skilled path, family/spouse route, Business/Investors or Refugee path. No other way please. Even refugees path is not easy these days.

My advise will be, go for PR if you are eligible. And if not, it had better to gain experience overseas than to think you could possibly gain experience here. It is really hard.

A sound of warning to people who might be coming here to study and that want to stay back. Kindly check if your course is accredited. Particularly people that want to study Msc degrees. It is not all courses that are accredited. For example, if you studied Geology in Nigeria without experience and you came here to do Petroleum Engineering thinking that you will be assessed by Engineers Australia, I'm sorry to let you know that it is not accredited. The implication is that your first degree will still be considered and since your first degree is not in Engineering, it won't fly. Generally, accreditation is done at BSc level except where your first degree is not equivalent to First degree in Australia. In that case, your Msc in the same course will be considered. These are bitter truths. I know people who happened to go back after their studies. Think twice before you invest.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR ENGINEERS

I have an Australian postgraduate engineering degree, but my undergraduate degree is from overseas. Can I use my postgraduate degree from Australia as the basis for my qualification assessment application?

The assessment is based primarily on your undergraduate degree and your demonstrated competencies. Your postgraduate degree will be taken into account in that it contributes to your engineering competencies. However, a non-accredited Australian postgraduate degree alone will not meet the academic requirement to confer recognition in Australia.
Similarly a non-accredited Australian postgraduate degree on top of an overseas qualification will not provide automatic recognition in a higher occupational category. You will still have to apply for a formal assessment of your combined qualifications.
Only a few Australian post graduate qualifications are fully accredited and would grant eligibility for an assessment under the Accredited Australian Engineering Qualifications Pathway.
Please refer to the list of accredited courses available on our website.
I have limited engineering experience. Can I still apply for an assessment of my qualifications?
Yes, you can still apply. It is possible for you to demonstrate the competencies by referring to your undergraduate professional engineering qualifications and the project/work experience elements of your academic study. Applicants may however find writing the career episodes more challenging without workplace experience from which to evidence the competencies.
Please note that you must provide a certificate copy of an employer reference letter if you have relevant experience of 12 month or more, or if the work experience provides a basis for a Career Episode.
Will you accept the TOEFL, or the Pearsons Test of English (PTE) in lieu of the IELTS
No. For the Migration Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia, you will need to submit an IELTS test result form with a score of 6 in each of the 4 modules. Alternative English Tests will not be accepted.
I have an accredited qualification, but I would rather be assessed in a different discipline than the one on my degree. What can I do?
Under the accredited qualifications pathway, the outcome is given in accordance to the discipline of your degree. If the discipline does not match the content of your degree (for example, Electrical Engineering degrees focusing on Electronics Engineering), then a close analyse of the transcript will determine the appropriate occupation.
If you would rather be assessed in a different discipline, then you can apply via the Competency Demonstration Report pathway. Note however that there is no guarantee that you would be successful in getting the outcome you desire as the qualification has to contain the necessary underpinning knowledge in the discipline you are seeking assessment for.
am applying for migration to or permanent residency in Australia and need to have my engineering qualifications assessed. What do I need to do?
The first step is to read the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet to determine under which pathway you should apply. The booklet and application forms are available from the website

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 7:57am On May 27, 2015
All these big big money I'm hearing...12,000 dollars loun loun!!! Chai! Domestic students pay way lessssssssss! Why is Australian education so expensive for intl students? That 12,000 will put you through at least 5 semesters in JCU Bachelor of Nursing (CSP).

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 7:58am On May 27, 2015
bossladymo1 welcome back...I'm so glad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:58am On May 27, 2015
BossLady:

This is my song for you: "Welcome back, Welcome back! Welcome back welcome back, I know you like that!.

End of song......

Few hours of your absence has really cost us. We welcome you, we love you and we respect you. Loyalty Boss grin grin

bossladymo1:
I derive pleasure from helping people. It's just the way I am, the way I am programmed. I am not some sadistic psycopath who derives pleasure from online attention. I am of the opinion that no one should be left in Nigeria, if they have the chance to gain a better life abroad....especially people with kids. Looking at my kids, I know that even if something happens and we can't afford to pay for their education...they have a government and systems in place to enable them continue their education as much as they can. So if I can help anyone else in any way I can, why not? I don't answer questions to show off. I say what I know. I was once a novice also. I remember my very first post on this thread. But I took my time to research thoroughly...like I said, I was not willing to spend a huge chunk of money on a process I knew nothing about.

So for someone to come and say there is more to me 'online niceness'....hmmm.....

I will let it die there.

Thanks to everyone who came to my defence.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:01am On May 27, 2015
Welcome ma.

We love you!

bossladymo1:
I derive pleasure from helping people. It's just the way I am, the way I am programmed. I am not some sadistic psycopath who derives pleasure from online attention. I am of the opinion that no one should be left in Nigeria, if they have the chance to gain a better life abroad....especially people with kids. Looking at my kids, I know that even if something happens and we can't afford to pay for their education...they have a government and systems in place to enable them continue their education as much as they can. So if I can help anyone else in any way I can, why not? I don't answer questions to show off. I say what I know. I was once a novice also. I remember my very first post on this thread. But I took my time to research thoroughly...like I said, I was not willing to spend a huge chunk of money on a process I knew nothing about.

So for someone to come and say there is more to me 'online niceness'....hmmm.....

I will let it die there.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by surveyor1: 8:03am On May 27, 2015
Boss lady mo, check your email abeg
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 8:10am On May 27, 2015
surveyor1:
Boss lady mo, check your email abeg

Nothing here.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2015
thx so much.my exp is after my msc though so whether i tender the msc or not it shoudnt affect the exp years according to the gurus.one more question...the job i have right now doesnt give pay slips so what do i do in this case?
ohioilserve:
Kk...your letter of appointment, payslip is enuf...a recent payslip,and d first payslip maybe.
But the most important is your letter. Remember its relevant exp o! They have a service now that can help determine whether an exp is relevant. Exp MUST also be after you last qualification. You have bin following and know the showing Msc or no Msc technicality.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prechear(m): 8:17am On May 27, 2015
bellong:

Only someone who understand what quality of life is, and not the amount of money they can make, will understand what you have written above.

The politicians he listed don't even keep their children in the country not because of money. They occasionally leave the country to relax leaving gaps in governance. When Saraki was governor in Kwara, he was practically ruling the state from the UK.

Life is not about making money.

True talk. "Life is not all about making". #QualityLife #Security #NoHustleForFuel #JobsForTheWilling #NoPaddyPaddy

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:17am On May 27, 2015
bossladymo1:
All these big big money I'm hearing...12,000 dollars loun loun!!! Chai! Domestic students pay way lessssssssss! Why is Australian education so expensive for intl students? That 12,000 will put you through at least 5 semesters in JCU Bachelor of Nursing (CSP).

It is one of their sources of revenue generation. The schools have yearly target set by the respective governments controlling them.

chuckdee13:
thx so much.my exp is after my msc though so whether i tender the msc or not it shoudnt affect the exp years according to the gurus.one more question...the job i have right now doesnt give pay slips so what do i do in this case?

If they do pay you directly to your bank account, the statement will suffix.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enilim: 8:24am On May 27, 2015
Welcome back bosslady.
Thank you for displaying maturity.
Remember, you promised to give back and not leave us.
I hold you to those words.
God bless you and yours.

bossladymo1:

I will let it die there.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2015
House please clear me on this, I don't really understand it when u guys say that SVP doesn't need bank statement yet you have to show 18,610 AUD. My dad is my sponsor, will he just sell some shares and deposit the money to my account? Or will it be in his account? Finally is their any other money I need to show the embassy? Thanks for your anticipated response and Jah bless us all..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 8:47am On May 27, 2015
lchilax:

congratz ohhh
Pls I need some info from you,I Applied March 25 I never hear anything, I submitted through teleperformance....student visa subclass 572...I sent a mail no response yet.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 9:01am On May 27, 2015
erictack2003:
BossLady:

This is my song for you: "Welcome back, Welcome back! Welcome back welcome back, I know you like that!.

End of song......

Few hours of your absence has really cost us. We welcome you, we love you and we respect you. Loyalty Boss grin grin

Welcome back,U are highly appreciated. ..u are too gbasky

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 9:10am On May 27, 2015
shapoh:
nice work erictak2013, hello mrnilobrawn.

hello house, i just need to know if i can use a bank statement nt belonging to me or my parents for my visa process. i learnt for aus. it must be mine or parents, other relatives statement are not allowed. how true is this?
For visa purpose.....
If u ar under SVP u dont need bank statement.

If not under SVP here is a list of eligible sponsors...

Note: An eligible family member includes:

the applicant
the applicant's partner
the applicant's parents
the applicant's grandparents
the applicant's brothers or sisters
an uncle or aunt of the applicant who is:
an Australian citizen, and Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen and
usually resident in Australia.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 9:10am On May 27, 2015
lilspiceyy:
Goodnews awaits us in part 2. We will testify IJN
Amen... U're next!... Congrats in advance grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 9:12am On May 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
this is really informative n helpful...does this mean that industrial training in school counts for experience?

You could use your IT work experience as part of your CDR for assessment purpose but it won't count towards your work experience for the purpose of immigration points. It has to be post qualification experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 9:23am On May 27, 2015
Mikey:
House please clear me on this, I don't really understand it when u guys say that SVP doesn't need bank statement yet you have to show 18,610 AUD. My dad is my sponsor, will he just sell some shares and deposit the money to my account? Or will it be in his account? Finally is their any other money I need to show the embassy? Thanks for your anticipated response and Jah bless us all..
You dont need all those documents. If u already have ur COE, follow the checklist and provide only the documents applicable to you.

For 573 visa
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-573-streamlined-checklist.aspx
For 572 visa http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-572-streamlined-checklist.aspx

If ur program is not under SVP the checklist wil be different from the once above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:24am On May 27, 2015
BossLadyMo1 welcome o ah,you for just signout nah and maybe login back instead of deleting see confusion.
I was even reading one of your mentions on one of my comments and I started laughing.only for me to read that you have left abeg no try am again biko *hugs*

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykosman: 9:25am On May 27, 2015
Hello house, I just bumped into this thread as I have been interested in moving to Australia but do not know how I can qualify for their PR package.
I have BSc in Microbiology, but have moved to ICT (Network/Telecommunications) since graduation, upto 5years experience. 27yrs, haven't written English test yet, can anyone help pls, I need to know my stand and what I need to adjust. Thanks in advance.

I thought there were nice guys here, I just needed help and no1 seems to be concerned. Just a lil help/advice with the above details. Please I beg.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 9:32am On May 27, 2015
bossladymo1:

If no be say you show on time, I for don board next flight to meet you there. You know say you owe me one beauty for ya compound. I neva forget o. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 9:41am On May 27, 2015
bossladymo1:

I will let it die there.

And she's back... Glad to have u back... keep up the good work...cheers!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tyot(f): 9:53am On May 27, 2015
Welcome back Bossladymo

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MostBlessed: 10:12am On May 27, 2015
NNBB2012:

I believe your assessment will fly with Engineers Australia.

With that analysis (60points), you will be eligible for Visa subclass 189 and 190 but go for 189 instead.

Thanks NNBB2012....I really appreciate your response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:27am On May 27, 2015
RedReact:

If no be say you show on time, I for don board next flight to meet you there. You know say you owe me one beauty for ya compound. I neva forget o. grin grin grin

Hahaha...shey your power carry am sha
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Aussie4me: 10:32am On May 27, 2015
erictack2003:
Another, cool School may be CIT, Canberra Institute of Technology, but I doubt if they will have your program, they don't have long thing at all.

Thank you very much for this detailed guide, l am very grateful l think i will work on all this schools you listed now will start googling it one by one ....... much work for me today (smiles) please one more question bros

Do l need English language test before l get admission to any of this schools for my masters?

about the bank statement can l use an uncle that does not have same surname with me?

and how long will all this process take?

can l still meet up september?

as for the payslips my company pays to my account direct, what if l print my bank statement that reflect the said salaries on montly basics will that be ascepotable ?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:35am On May 27, 2015
ok thats helpful. i know i shudnt ask but whats CDR pls
NNBB2012:

You could use your IT work experience as part of your CDR for assessment purpose but it won't count towards your work experience for the purpose of immigration points. It has to be post qualification experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2015
ok thx. the account statement is just to show i have a job n not to know how much is in it right? cos i heard u dont need to show an account statement for 189
bellong:

It is one of their sources of revenue generation. The schools have yearly target set by the respective governments controlling them.

If they do pay you directly to your bank account, the statement will suffix.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2015
Thanks mrnilobrawn, I've seen the checklist and the only place I have issues understanding is the financial documents. What does declare you have access to sufficient funds to cover yourself mean? Is it a written statement or what please? Thanks for ur anticipated response..
mrnilobrawn:

You dont need all those documents. If u already have ur COE, follow the checklist and provide only the documents applicable to you.

For 573 visa
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-573-streamlined-checklist.aspx
For 572 visa http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-572-streamlined-checklist.aspx

If ur program is not under SVP the checklist wil be different from the once above

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Aussie4me: 10:46am On May 27, 2015
malkinburg:

[color=#550000][/color]

What am about to say might not go down well with you. am also an engineer with a first degree in chemical engineering and currently doing masters here in australia. what am about saying is out of love and not as a hater. IF I WERE U I WILL COME TO OZ VIA PR (PERMANENT RESIDENCE) no need to come and waste your money especially when u plan on not being an academic. it will be better to enter and come do a six months internship to have australian work experience before starting to look for work than to come here all in an effort to get post work study after spending thousands of dollars with no access to scholarships like our brothers and sisters in the united states. if u have plenty money or on scholarship its a different case entirely. as for me i never looked at the PR critically until i was over invested in the whole student visa parade. Dont get it wrong coming to do Masters here is noble but i am asking you to do your COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS. truth is after school and ur post work study big ass employers still want u to have PR before they employ u. i have been here three months and 10 days now. in this time i have started my PR waka thanks to all the info i got from the lengends on this forum Bosslady et al. i decided to be proactive and have gone to several recruiters like chandler macloed, Hays and spoken to several other recruitment advisors in this firms. my general strategy was to inform them about my circumstance and ask them for advice on how to integrate myself into the industry after my program. BROS i cant begin to speak the english that i heard. plenty advice "Reasonable and unreasonable" the bottom line was I NEEDED PR ASAP. i have met other nigerians who came here with PR and working professional jobs with only BSC. if i get hold of that PR today all this acada will turn distant learning at my convenience or part time. MORAL OF MY STORY.... PR without work experience is better than masters without paper... so just take your time and come via PR. but if u are not patient enough you can still come ooooh its still waaaaaaay better than being in naija with all this drama and all. just be prepared to work your ass off to foot your bills if you dont have enough support from home.

God bless.

my Oga l so much appreciate your advice and it is a very good one, but l was so keen on the study route so l forcus grabbing points and ideas on that for days now before l finally come out with my question,

l no nothing yet about how to start the PR thing can you pls englighten me a bit, about what it will cost me?

how l will start it?
and how long it will take me?

so that l can quiclkly compare and make my decision Cana has wasted enough of my time

thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.