Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043616 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2016
bellong:

Sorry for the delay. You could have been able to claim transport manager but you just registered the company this year. You need evidence of a year.

Can you provide evidence of income running the transport company prior to registering it? If you worked for someone who runs a transport company, it will be easier.

What is your wife's qualification?

My wife just finished her Nysc she also has a BA Philosophy.. She would do an MSC social Works so she can apply for PR... And expecting a baby this Month... the business was being run on my personal current account. With inflow and outflow of about 40million and 39 million respectively for the last six months! More than that for previous or preceeding months also. The business account was opened in April also to formalise everything!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:51am On Jun 29, 2016
Australian Government introduces simplified student visa framework

From 1 July 2016, a number of changes to student visa applications will be introduced as part of the new Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF). We outline the key measures below.

What’s happening?

Reduction of student visa subclasses: All students will now apply for the same visa — student visa (subclass 500) — regardless of the qualification they choose to study. Family members of student visa holders will also apply for the student visa (subclass 500), while student guardians apply for the new student guardian visa (subclass 590). Students were previously required to apply for one of eight student visa subclasses, depending on the qualification level and sector in which they enrolled.

New immigration risk framework: Students will be assessed on their immigration risk based on their country of citizenship and intended education provider, rather than the sector in which they choose to study. This assessment will be used to determine the amount of evidence, including evidence relating to financial capacity and English language proficiency, they need to provide with their application. Students with the lowest immigration risk will be eligible for streamlined evidentiary requirements, which means they will be able to meet financial and English language requirements by providing a declaration and Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).

Course transfers: Student visa (subclass 500) holders must maintain enrolment at the same Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level for which they were granted a student visa. Students completing a doctoral degree who wish to transfer to a masters degree are exempt from this condition. If a student wishes to transfer to a lower qualification, they will need to apply for a new student visa.

Packaging arrangements: Students will be able to package two or more courses together on a single student visa, provided there is progression from one course to the next. Education providers are able to package with other education providers if they have a commercial arrangement.
The changes will only affect students applying for a visa from 1 July 2016 — existing student visa holders will not be affected.

Useful links:

Important changes to the student visa program — Department of Immigration and Border Protection

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2016
Bellong and co. Please, I want to pay my OSHC of 2,500 AUD (medibank), how do I go about it please?. Can I use my debit card or what?. House, I need answers pls.... Time is of the essence .... Muchas Gracias.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 8:24am On Jun 29, 2016
POTUSUK:
Bellong and co. Please, I want to pay my OSHC of 2,500 AUD (medibank), how do I go about it please?. Can I use my debit card or what?. House, I need answers pls.... Time is of the essence .... Muchas Gracias.

Yes debit card is accepted. Why $2500 for OSHC? For how many years? Have you looked into NIB? Cheers.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2016
A day without BEER is unBEErable.

Licking bottles in this cold weather

7 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2016
WestAfrican:

Yes debit card is accepted. Why $2500 for OSHC? For how many years? Have you looked into NIB? Cheers.

Thanks West African for that response. It's For four years... I'm going for a PhD....what's NIB please? and then again I can use my GTB debit card to pay the whole sum?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 10:31am On Jun 29, 2016
bellong:

And I have not seen you.. cheesy

Bro I sent u PM
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lucky032(m): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2016
bossladymo1:
I derive pleasure from helping people. It's just the way I am, the way I am programmed. I am not some sadistic psycopath who derives pleasure from online attention. I am of the opinion that no one should be left in Nigeria, if they have the chance to gain a better life abroad....especially people with kids. Looking at my kids, I know that even if something happens and we can't afford to pay for their education...they have a government and systems in place to enable them continue their education as much as they can. So if I can help anyone else in any way I can, why not? I don't answer questions to show off. I say what I know. I was once a novice also. I remember my very first post on this thread. But I took my time to research thoroughly...like I said, I was not willing to spend a huge chunk of money on a process I knew nothing about.

So for someone to come and say there is more to me 'online niceness'....hmmm.....

I will let it die there.

Thanks to everyone who came to my defence.

Are there chances for me to get a job after measuring in public health(Msc)I studied microbiology.Can i be working and schooling?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Professor554: 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello house,

I submitted my form A today at the bank and all other necessary documents. Please how long does it take before they debit my account and how long does it take to get a telex copy?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
Professor554:
Hello house, I submitted my form A today at the bank and all other necessary documents. Please how long does it take before they debit my account and how long does it take to get a telex copy?
We don't know because we don't work in your bank. You should've asked your banker the processing time while submitting your application. Smdh

POTUSUK:
Thanks West African for that response. It's For four years... I'm going for a PhD....what's NIB please? and then again I can use my GTB debit card to pay the whole sum?
You need to ask your bank about the current limit of transactions on foreign terminals. Or better still, just try and see if you can pay the whole sum at once.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mzurch(f): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
Please who is heading to Griffith Goldcoast campus this July, please it's urgent.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello all, I'm new on this thread. Please can someone provide me with answers.

Can I use my result from a General module IELTS test as proof of English language proficiency for a student admission/ student visa?

Candid and rapid response would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nobody don collect Kizo (Visa Grant )this week? ¿ having to wait is SERIOUS

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
Cottyekundayo:
How for your grant. I need your good news
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hi all.. I don reach again..

I currently hold BA PHILOSOPHY, my wife also has a BA PHILOSOPHY.
EXPECTING A BABY IN AUGUST.
IELTS TOTAL BAND SCORE. 7.5

WE BOTH PLAN ON GPING FOR MSC SOCIAL WORKS FROM AUSTRALIA, WITH ME GOING FOR THE FIRST, THEN SHE WOULD JOIN ME AFTER A YEAR OR AFTER COMPLETIOM OF MY PROGRAM
CHANCES OF US GETTING A PR AFTER MASTERS?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

Bro I'm telling you this wait no be here o, I'm sweating out on this wait... @obidike you go must hear my own too!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
AlvinKem:

Bro I sent u PM

I didn't see any
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
bellong:

I didn't see any

Oga bellow see my two posts above. The one in block letters and the one top of the page!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
@meekmk,

Send me a pm
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
bellong:
@meekmk,

Send me a pm

It says I have to create a contact with you first.

I currently hold BA PHILOSOPHY, my wife also has a BA PHILOSOPHY.
EXPECTING A BABY IN AUGUST.
IELTS TOTAL BAND SCORE. 7.5

WE BOTH PLAN ON GPING FOR MSC SOCIAL WORKS FROM AUSTRALIA, WITH ME GOING FOR THE FIRST, THEN SHE WOULD JOIN ME AFTER A YEAR OR AFTER COMPLETIOM OF MY PROGRAM
CHANCES OF US GETTING A PR AFTER MASTERS?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
bellong:

I didn't see any

Sending again to establish contact first
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
SegunWamiri:
Hello all, I'm new on this thread. Please can someone provide me with answers.

Can I use my result from a General module IELTS test as proof of English language proficiency for a student admission/ student visa?

Candid and rapid response would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aaffluent: 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
@meekmk

You must provide evidence that your company has transacted internationally if you would be using your Company SOA.

meekmk:

My wife just finished her Nysc she also has a BA Philosophy.. She would do an MSC social Works so she can apply for PR... And expecting a baby this Month... the business was being run on my personal current account. With inflow and outflow of about 40million and 39 million respectively for the last six months! More than that for previous or preceeding months also. The business account was opened in April also to formalise everything!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Osamuzi: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
3omillion,.. PhD 4yrs
Mzurch:

30 million or 13million?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aceBlazer: 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
Has anyone here used this travelex thingy... Asking just to get confirmation that it works as it would ease the initial demand for FX immediately on arrival.
Let's share experiences on this as it can become the next saviour; form A
Regards

Solitin40:

source for dollar at travelex dis is where BDC
nd street hawkers get der forex frm nd d rate is d same as CBN
chck der website for more info dey even ve a card whr u can load Australia dollar on nd pay schk fees wth dat(MasterCard ) lyk using ur Atm to pay but nt link wth ur bank account.. www.travelex.com N.B am nt working wth travelex or an affiliate o justwise no ban me o just my own opinion o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dontee5star(m): 12:01am On Jun 30, 2016
aceBlazer:
Has anyone here used this travelex thingy... Asking just to get confirmation that it works as it would ease the initial demand for FX immediately on arrival.
Let's share experiences on this as it can become the next saviour; form A
Regards

Yes sure ! Used it to pay for my school fee shortfall of 960 aud , it's same as western union business solution , and it's very fast and school will confirm Payment within 24~ 48 hours though it will be black market , let's say 334 naira to 1 usd with access bank MasterCard

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 2:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Any hopeful Griffith student here whether he or she
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Coolmeljay(m): 2:47am On Jun 30, 2016
Mzurch:
Please who is heading to Griffith Goldcoast campus this July, please it's urgent.

I'm at Griffith Nathan campus, maybe I could help.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Coolmeljay(m): 2:48am On Jun 30, 2016
chetaRay:
Any hopeful Griffith student here whether he or she

Mr cheta!!! I dey come Salisbury soon.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Coolmeljay(m): 3:25am On Jun 30, 2016
Any prospective Griffith student Or anyone coming to Queensland? Here to help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.