Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Is It Good Or Bad ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good Or Bad ? (810 Views)

Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good Or Bad ? by TUNEX89(m): 6:03pm On May 26, 2015
Pls my fellow christian in the house i have some question to ask. 1, is it writen in the bible that while praying you must remove your cap as a male ? 2 is it mandatory for someone to close his or her eyes while praying ?
Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 26, 2015
1...Yes, itz in the bible
1st corinthians 11 vs 4 says:

"Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoreth his head"...

Vs 7says;

"For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God, but the woman is the glory of the man."

2. Itz not a must to close the eyes during prayer...the reason why we close our eyes is because of distractions.

Hope I have answered ur question O.P?smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by TUNEX89(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2015
cheekilicious:
1...Yes, itz in the bible
1st corinthians 11 vs 4 says:

"Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoreth his head"...

Vs 7says;

"For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God, but the woman is the glory of the man."

2. Itz not a must to close the eyes during prayer...the reason why we close our eyes is because of distractions.

Hope I have answered ur question O.P?smiley

are pope & reverend fathers exempted, because i have seen thoes people praying with their cap on their head.
Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by UyiIredia(m): 9:22pm On May 26, 2015
It isn't wrong.
Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 26, 2015
TUNEX89:
are pope & reverend fathers exempted, because i have seen thoes people praying with their cap on their head.
I believe thatz deir doctrine...
Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by NumberOne2(m): 11:33pm On May 26, 2015
TUNEX89:
Pls my fellow christian in the house i have some question to ask. 1, is it writen in the bible that while praying you must remove your cap as a male ? 2 is it mandatory for someone to close his or her eyes while praying ?

What does it matter?
Have you heard of anyone whom God rejected their prayers for not covering head or closing eyes?
Take a comfortable position to pray. Some pray lying flat or sitting or standing or on top of the mountain. Pray with cap on or off, what does it matter? God is everywhere.

Stuff like this is the focusing on outward appearance that Jesus talked about. So if your eyes are closed and your brain is on something else what is the point. God sees your heart. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you.
Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by TUNEX89(m): 7:07am On May 27, 2015
NumberOne2:

What does it matter?
Have you heard of anyone whom God rejected their prayers for not covering head or closing eyes?
Take a comfortable position to pray. Some pray lying flat or sitting or standing or on top of the mountain. Pray with cap on or off, what does it matter? God is everywhere.

Stuff like this is the focusing on outward appearance that Jesus talked about. So if your eyes are closed and your brain is on something else what is the point. God sees your heart. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you.

exactly what i am thinking too.
Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by TUNEX89(m): 7:09am On May 27, 2015
UyiIredia:
It isn't wrong.
why ?
Re: Is It Good Or Bad ? by UyiIredia(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2015
TUNEX89:
why ?
God hasn't said it is wrong, has He ?

(1) (Reply)

What Fruit Did Adam Eat? / Statue Paying Homage To Satan / A New Kind Of Church, An Unusual Church, See What They Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.