Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 (64463 Views)

The Oldest Corp Member...pic / Fct Corp Member’s Take Change To The Street / Can You Really Do This As A Corp Member (Updated with pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by about2wed(m): 10:55pm On May 26, 2015
He is the biggest corper as well
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by masqot(m): 10:58pm On May 26, 2015
That man might not serve while young and now need to fulfil Nigerian law. Probably aspiring for a position that requires the certificate. Well, no problem as long as he contributes his quota conscientiously and selflessly too.
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by coogar: 10:59pm On May 26, 2015
brownlord:

Most of the ignorant fellas supposedly pass through this system.

Smh

the level of ignorance is peerless.
so people still think anyone serving above 30 years of age is definitely breaking the law?

i give up. cheesy
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by jossyj: 11:02pm On May 26, 2015
Who knows the dude may be 50 yrs young.
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by helphelp: 11:05pm On May 26, 2015
Did he finish his BSc /HND before 30yrs? Probably yes...That's why you see old peeps at your orientation camps....

Thank me later
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Missmossy(f): 11:07pm On May 26, 2015
Hahahahaha very amusing grin grin
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 26, 2015
dude is a medical doctor, an intensivist, like he calls himself.
he runs an intensive care unit in a teaching hospital in Lagos. let him be abeg,
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by kilokeys(m): 11:27pm On May 26, 2015
lol one papa dey our camp that year..

when he was asked his age.. he said he was 28..

that they have wrinkles early in their lineage.. genetical wahala..
say dem babies sef dey get white hair for their family grin

maybe this man has d same genetical issue
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 26, 2015
he is not a hungry man at all and i'm sure he afford to buy the certificate if he wants to. he is Dr Tinubu, Jargaban's cousin.... google am
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by slimyem: 11:33pm On May 26, 2015
coogar:

a lot of you guys are confused about the rules. you can serve at age 100. the rule says you must be a graduate before the age of 30.

if you graduate at 21 & you decide to serve at age 120, you would be allowed to serve as long as you are up for it.

i hope this clears it up for you.
At what age will you coming for yours? 72?
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Blizzy9ja: 11:37pm On May 26, 2015
Took this picture when I was serving at Imo state.

Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by 9jatatafo(m): 11:41pm On May 26, 2015
coogar:

a lot of you guys are confused about the rules. you can serve at age 100. the rule says you must be a graduate before the age of 30.

if you graduate at 21 & you decide to serve at age 120, you would be allowed to serve as long as you are up for it.

Why then there is exemption rule if you say the above you wrote is true. I thought those who are 30 and above are exempted from service
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by coogar: 11:47pm On May 26, 2015
slimyem:
At what age will you coming for yours? 72?

maybe 65!!
i have told you to help me arrange lagos or abuja. i keep getting zamfara, borno, yobe, etc. i am not ready to die in the hands of our friends @sambisa forest. grin

9jatatafo:

Why then there is exemption rule if you say the above you wrote I'd true. I thought those who are 30 and above are exempted from device

exemption rule are for those that graduated after they clocked 30. the graduation age is the key, not the age you decide to serve. as long as you graduate before the age of 30, you would serve if you want to.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 26, 2015
Taaaa, This one no be corp member, na undercover SSS.
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by bishop4life(m): 12:03am On May 27, 2015
this aint youth corper.
certainly old corper.
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by jkross(m): 12:16am On May 27, 2015
My dad was below 30 when he graduated in tHe late 70,s but in 96 he had gone for verification of his documents as they were not from Naija but was asked to get NYSC discharge cert or exemption letter on getting to NYSC he was. Asked to go and serve that's hw my youth copa dad came to visit me in boarding school the following year in kaki..he has just had his last child then..so it doesn't matter how old what matters is the age u finished ur degree/HND. Exams

1 Like

Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by MrDoGood(m): 12:17am On May 27, 2015
I know the man.

He's just 24 oh......
Please don't add to his age
You guys can ask Seun
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by churific(m): 12:34am On May 27, 2015
His birth certificate states that he's just 19 years old!
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:10am On May 27, 2015
Built2last:
Has call up age been anended to 50years.

I am asking because in France where i am its still 30 years.

Youth service depends on when you actually graduated and not when you decided to serve.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Validated: 1:48am On May 27, 2015
uncleck:
I can only deduce that you have no plans for your future. I'm already feeling the pains of wasting a whole year for a fruitless thing like NYSC even though I am still in the final year. The thought of that is really having a toll on my plans.

There is really no compulsion in serving. All you need do is to inform your institution early on time.

As for the "old-man-corper", I know that NYSC Officials sometimes wear the khaki uniform.
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Margauxluv(f): 2:44am On May 27, 2015
OK.

UPNEPA...

grin

UPNEPA..oya shakiti BOBO
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by abbey621(m): 2:49am On May 27, 2015
I'm glad I skipped youth service, the whole idea is rubbish! After going through federal or state university and spending an extra year or two due to strikes and other nuisances, they now force you to waste a year of your life in a run down town and then after leave you struggling to find a job that'll pay you half your worth. Absolute nonsense!
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Bollinger(m): 2:55am On May 27, 2015
booqee:
wtf?!

But can't really blame him tho.. there are many like this who were not fortunate enough to gain admission. and even after gaining admission, factors like inadequate funds, strike and all that elongated their stay in school. By the time its time for service they're over 30.
Some would go ahead and 'reduce' their age while Some would simply decide to forgo the whole nysc ish. Later, they discover most companies require nysc cert as part of their recruitment qualifications as is the directive of the FG or that they pay 'NYSC-less' workers lower than others...So they decided to go back and get the nysc cert..when their mate have finished theirs long long ago...by then they're way way above 30 if not 40 sef..

Can't blame them sha

(and they're usually the ones who don't intend to be self employed tho)

True story; I did not attend university and I did not even do a Hnd programme. I did what you would call a Higher Diploma programme. This means that after graduation you will not be allowed to serve in the NYSC. This is the strange part of the story. I have worked in two multinational companies ( BAT inclusive ), two quality home base firms and also set up my own company. All in Nigeria at the time. Guess what a lot of my friends who went to universities were doing at the time? they were searching for jobs. They used to ask me how I was doing it? I was changing jobs like someone does boxer shorts. I tried explaining to them my schooling started way back when I was like 3 years old. I had a degree in sesame street, comic bookology, cartoons, movies (not nollywood thank God) etc, basically my mentality was different from childhood. my first Nigerian boss wanted someone who could mix with big dogs and converse with expatriates and big wigs; ever had a conversation with an average Nigerian? believe me, it's very tasking. My friends just couldn't understand that it takes more than book knowledge to be successful in life. The Nigerian youth need to learn and understand this concept. Employers need adaptability and a refined thought process more than they need your book answer/knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by henryadex(m): 3:08am On May 27, 2015
photoshop, where is the shadow of his image?
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by lovemoi2(f): 3:59am On May 27, 2015
9jatatafo:

Why then there is exemption rule if you say the above you wrote I'd true. I thought those who are 30 and above are exempted from device

Do you understand English?

If you graduated before 30... it affects most people leaving abroad. If you graduated before 30 and came home 20years later, to do anything in Nigeria you must serve

If you graduated after 30 you get an exemption letter.
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by pomsky: 4:16am On May 27, 2015
Built2last:
Has call up age been anended to 50years.

I am asking because in France where i am its still 30 years.

[size=14pt]......this man is about 63yrs![/size] grin
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by sayitlikeitis: 5:30am On May 27, 2015
Old picture. This picture has been around for more than three years now.
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by SPAGGYYY(f): 5:30am On May 27, 2015
jammyunn:
most likely photoshop
its not photoshop, look at the head, the width of d body and the head ryhmes, oya look @ d stomach...it must be a scene from a movie
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by prince2015: 5:59am On May 27, 2015
coogar:

Have you seen a Nigerian with such capability and patience before in this life and yet to come?
Re: Photo: Naija's Oldest Corp Member-2015 by Engineer1985(m): 6:11am On May 27, 2015
He must have entered camp with his football age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fortune Ihe: Corper Dies In Sokoto NYSC Camp Due To 'Negligence' / Collection Of Funny NYSC Pictures / NYSC: Man O War And A Female Corper While Drilling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.