Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side (989 Views)

My Nigerian Fans Ask Me For Money Instead Of Autographs – Alex Iwobi / Stephen Keshi Is Dead / NFF Confirms ‘agreement’ With Oliseh As Keshi’s Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by megacity: 5:58am On May 27, 2015
Eagles 0 Spotlight Katsina 0

Some months ago I had warned that Pinnick and his board should save Nigerians further heart ache by not renewing keshi's contract. The reason being that Keshi is so poor in technique and tactics that his teams are rarely able to create clear-cut chances, and consequently of course rarely score goals. How can anyone explain that Super Eagles played for 90 minutes, failed to score a goal, and failed to beat amateur Spotlight of Katsina? Any team coached by Keshi will find it difficult to score goals even if they play against an amateur Division 5 team! Actually this is just as good as what he did with the last AFCON qualifiers where he failed to qualify for the Nations Cup despite being drawn in a very easy group comprising lowly teams like Sudan and Congo.

I am certain that any of Nigeria's top clubs -Kano Pillars, Enyimba, Warri Wolves, etc - would have beaten this Spotlight easily, just as I am certain that Manu Garba's Flying Eagles would have spelt Spotlight with goals. The problem with Eagles is not the players the problem is Keshi.

Way Forward

Sack Keshi immediately and promote Manu Garba and his Flying Eagles once they are done with the U-20 world cup

https://www.nairaland.com/2134550/new-coach-new-super-eagles

2 Likes

Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by oluwafemi113(m): 6:03am On May 27, 2015
Keshi is the bad thing that has ever happen to Nigeria football
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by fammo: 6:05am On May 27, 2015
In a serious Country the likes of Keshi has no business with National Football after failing to qualify Nigeria for the last AFCON. But we have allowed politics, ethnicity and other un-needed sentiments to once again over ride common sense. God Save Us!

2 Likes

Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by derolemode(m): 6:12am On May 27, 2015
Fly wey no hear advice dey follow cofine enter grave.
Keshi has refused to yield to the peoples advices hence his failure; they say the voice of man is the voice of God
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by oppybouy(m): 6:21am On May 27, 2015
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by ramdris(m): 6:26am On May 27, 2015
If the only thing GMB will do is to sack Keshi thru whoever will take charge of sport ministry, he has performed above GEJ grin. Can't really say who is worse between Keshi and GEJ. angry
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by buzquet(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2015
Keshi is lyk dat shoeless man. Pls dnt put ur hope in him

1 Like

Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by nerodenero: 6:37am On May 27, 2015
Since his appointment, I made up my mind not to place any hope on him and his team. I believe in Flying Eagles and Falcons to give me the necessary happiness I need as a football fan.

Place your hope on Keshi and Super Chickens at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by buzquet(m): 6:37am On May 27, 2015
Keshi is lyk dat shoeless man. Pls dnt put ur hope in him!

1 Like

Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2015
megacity:

Eagles 0 Spotlight Katsina 0

Some months ago I had warned that Pinnick and his board should save Nigerians further heart ache by not renewing keshi's contract. The reason being that Keshi is so poor in technique and tactics that his teams are rarely able to create clear-cut chances, and consequently of course rarely score goals. How can anyone explain that Super Eagles played for 90 minutes, failed to score a goal, and failed to beat amateur Spotlight of Katsina? Any team coached by Keshi will find it difficult to score goals even if they play against an amateur Division 5 team! Actually this is just as good as what he did with the last AFCON qualifiers where he failed to qualify for the Nations Cup despite being drawn in a very easy group comprising lowly teams like Sudan and Congo.

I am certain that any of Nigeria's top clubs -Kano Pillars, Enyimba, Warri Wolves, etc - would have beaten this Spotlight easily, just as I am certain that Manu Garba's Flying Eagles would have spelt Spotlight with goals. The problem with Eagles is not the players the problem is Keshi.

Way Forward

Sack Keshi immediately and promote Manu Garba and his Flying Eagles once they are done with the U-20 world cup

https://www.nairaland.com/2134550/new-coach-new-super-eagles
This is the same team our U20 beat 3-1 sometime this year

1 Like

Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by Yustash001(m): 7:08am On May 27, 2015
Must they retain Keshi?...abi shey dandan ni?...
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by homesteady(m): 8:36am On May 27, 2015
Does this useless super eagles and their idioticc coach still exist? undecided undecided
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by AOB1963: 11:25am On May 27, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, The local based team only came together around the 24th of May. Most of them have never played together. Even the Coaching crew are just getting to know themselves. Yet people are already abusing the coach. In this age of social media when everyone with a device is an expert and has an opinion, we must at least try to get our facts right before we start making comments and judgments. Even the choice of players is not the best available because other National teams like the U20 and U23 who also are in competitions and qualifiers at this time are holding on to players that could have added quality to this home based Super Eagles. In spite of all this, with just 3 or 4 days camping, they manage a draw against a standing team. Only in our present day Nigeria is this a failure. People let us be careful that the current national environment of bias and haste to judge, criticize and condemn does not pollute our sports. Sports is NOT politics. It is real people using their gifts and physical endowment to bring joy and glory to the Nation.

1 Like

Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by homesteady(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2015
How I wish Seun can ban all super eagles related topics! I just become unnecessarily angry whenever I come across one!
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 27, 2015
AOB1963:
Dear Nairalanders, The local based team only came together around the 24th of May. Most of them have never played together. Even the Coaching crew are just getting to know themselves. Yet people are already abusing the coach. In this age of social media when everyone with a device is an expert and has an opinion, we must at least try to get our facts right before we start making comments and judgments. Even the choice of players is not the best available because other National teams like the U20 and U23 who also are in competitions and qualifiers at this time are holding on to players that could have added quality to this home based Super Eagles. In spite of all this, with just 3 or 4 days camping, they manage a draw against a standing team. Only in our present day Nigeria is this a failure. People let us be careful that the current national environment of bias and haste to judge, criticize and condemn does not pollute our sports. Sports is NOT politics. It is real people using their gifts and physical endowment to bring joy and glory to the Nation.

This excuse is stale. We are tired of hearing it.
Re: More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 27, 2015
my heart!!!

(1) (Reply)

See What Oyibo People Are Saying About 60 Nigerian U17 Players Failing Age Test / Do You Believe Fixed Match Exist? / Africa's Medal Table At RIO Olympics 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.