Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! (7146 Views)

Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR / NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD / FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Nobody: 9:48am On May 27, 2015
Diversification is what we need.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Sweetguy25: 9:52am On May 27, 2015
So what happens to independent marketers of petroleum? Will IPMAN, NUPENG and PENGASSON agree not to sabotage this plan?
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by SimeonD: 9:53am On May 27, 2015
Nigeria and Nigerians, let's see what God is set to do in this country. Even the people that supported gej and his corruption strategies will turn around and help Buhari to sanitise and get rid of corruption by the time things begin to take different shape. Long live Nigeria, long live Mr Buhari and long live Nigerians. Amen. Awon to ba ni koni sese loju maa to.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Gbawe: 10:01am On May 27, 2015
homesteady:
how come GEJ and co never thought of this? undecided

Simple. GEJ rejected doing the right things always, even when he knew precisely what to do, because this would block the avenues that enables him and his cronies to loot Nigeria. The beginning of the greatness of Nigeria is connected to our nation gaining an immaterialistic, ascetic and highly principled President who will work for Nigerians. One thing most Nigerians do not understand is that the inordinately powerful Nigerian Presidency, if any of us gained control of it today, could turn anyone into a callous and very corrupt man/woman if we are not highly principled and unshakably pro-people to begin with.

When you become President the first to approach you will be those who will show you how you can become richer than Bill Gates. Once you listen to these people, as PDP Presidents always do because of the patronage system the Party favours, then you have condemned Nigerians to underdevelopment and greater misery. It is not the case that GEJ "never thought of this". He was shown what must be done but rejected such because using marketers and middlemen opens up a monumental floodgate of scams against Nigerians and the common man that would see Jonathan and his minions become filthy rich. PDP President will thus always embrace the scammers because this gives them an opportunity to become very rich in return also. Yet Nigeria and Nigerians are the victim of this wickedness. The game changes when you then get a President, Buhari, not interested in self-enrichment and will only accept doing what will improve the lives of ordinary Nigerians. This is why some of us rejected GEJ to back Buhari passionately.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by homesteady(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2015
Gbawe:

Simple. GEJ rejected doing the right things always, even when he knew precisely what to do, because this blocked the avenues that enables him and his cronies to loot Nigerian. The beginning of the greatness of Nigeria is connected to our nation gaining an immaterialistic, ascetic and highly principled President who will work for Nigerians. One thing most Nigerians do not understand is that the inordinately powerful Nigerian Presidency, if any of us gained control of it today, could turn anyone into a callous and very corrupt man/woman if we are not highly principled and unshakably pro-people to begin with.

When you become President the first to approach you will be those who will show you how you can become richer than Bill Gates. Once you listen to these people, as PDP Presidents always do because of the patronage system the Party favours, then you have condemned Nigerians to underdevelopment and greater misery. It is not the case that GEJ "never thought of this". He was shown what must be done but rejected such because using marketers and middlemen opens up a monumental floodgate of scams against Nigerians and the common man that would see Jonathan and his minions become filthy rich. PDP President will thus always embrace the scammers because this gives them an opportunity to become very rich in return also. Yet Nigeria and Nigerians are the victim of this wickedness. The game changes when you then get a President, Buhari, not interested in self-enrichment and will only accept doing what will improve the lives of ordinary Nigerians. This is why some of us rejected GEJ to back Buhari passionately.

Word!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Gbawe: 10:13am On May 27, 2015
Demburrows:
Diversification is what we need.

We need many things bro. For example, we need our refineries producing refined derivatives of crude to deal with domestic Nigerian demand and even produce, to augment national income in times of low crude price, surplus refined oil we can sell to gain revenue and even foreign currency. Yet the bottom line is that everything is one step at a time in the right order.

First and foremost is to destroy, for good, the stranglehold glorified scammers who call themselves "fuel marketers" are using to choke the life out of Nigeria. We cannot "diversify" anything if the basics are not put in place to underpin the complex. We must never put the Cart before the Horse especially in the case of Nigeria where so many fundamental reforms re required to birth a radical overhaul of 16 years of PDP-led decay.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Rawani: 10:15am On May 27, 2015
Gbawe:

Bros, it was always going to be so. If a man is dying and needs oxygen then you must give him oxygen or he dies. As simple as that. Nigeria is in the same situation yet the greed of successive PDP Presidents has meant that nothing has been done to repeal a deleterious practice, literally choking Nigeria to death, and replace it with something a million times better which would deliver so many positive changes, while we try to shore up our domestic refining ability, and save us many billions of dollars a year. Many don't realize that Nigeria is like a severely battered and abused woman who simply needs to do away with her brutal husband (PDP) and replace him with someone who will respect her, be kind to her and work to glorify/uplift her.

True words succinctly put. Nigerians have never been so collectively dismissive and anxious about hand-over of any government like Jonathan's; I dare say even Abacha's. GEJ's slimy vindictive nature was thankfully revealed to Nigerians before his inglorious exit. The can of worms will soon be fully opened my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by chernest2002: 10:34am On May 27, 2015
This is brainless thinking,that means Nigeria will descend into more hardship for another 100 years.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Nobody: 10:38am On May 27, 2015
Legitbaba:
Someone please tell this man....this is 2015...not d 80s...
can someone enlighten him of how populated naija is...We are watching...
So there are 170mil cars na or 170mil pple using kerosene per day. Mumu, always think before writing.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by docadams: 10:59am On May 27, 2015
@Gbawe: Please can you make your presentation without mentioning GEJ and PDP atrocious reign, at least for now. I need to preserve my sanity.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Ariyke: 11:19am On May 27, 2015
Good news
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by San2ski(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2015
"...... The problem was getting PDP Presidents interested in these solutions since they are always in place to serve a rapacious political cabal rather than ordinary Nigerians...."

@Gbawe,
Former President Obasanjo was one of the longest serving of all these PDP Presidents, and he is now in GMD's camp (with his veepee). I wonder how ominous this will be. undecided
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Gbawe: 11:34am On May 27, 2015
San2ski:
"...... The problem was getting PDP Presidents interested in these solutions since they are always in place to serve a rapacious political cabal rather than ordinary Nigerians...."

@Gbawe,
Former President Obasanjo was one of the longest serving of all these PDP Presidents, and he is now in GMD's camp (with his veepee). I wonder how ominous this will be. undecided

Buhari does not have to act in the interest of Obasanjo. President Buhari should act in the interest of Nigerians always and he will be fine even if he remains cordial with OBJ et al.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by RandomVic(m): 11:41am On May 27, 2015
You just got to love this man, a die hard old soldier - action man to the core. Can't wait for may 29 now. Time to show that sluggish Jonathan how to properly and effectively run a country like Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Etruth: 11:43am On May 27, 2015
Sai Baba. I just love Buhari
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Etruth: 11:47am On May 27, 2015
Gbawe:

Simple. GEJ rejected doing the right things always, even when he knew precisely what to do, because this blocked the avenues that enables him and his cronies to loot Nigerian. The beginning of the greatness of Nigeria is connected to our nation gaining an immaterialistic, ascetic and highly principled President who will work for Nigerians. One thing most Nigerians do not understand is that the inordinately powerful Nigerian Presidency, if any of us gained control of it today, could turn anyone into a callous and very corrupt man/woman if we are not highly principled and unshakably pro-people to begin with.

Uncle Gbawe, you NEVER disappoint. Na you be the boss, I dey hail ooo. How I wish you could personally tutor me. You are a blessing to us on this forum. God bless you Sir. Sai Gbawe ! Sai Osinbajo !! Sai Buhari !!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Pangea: 12:37pm On May 27, 2015
My people!
The wait is almost over
The bondage is about to be broken
And the bush meat is about to hunt the hunter !

All the oil marketers
Start drinking your oil o!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by djon78(m): 1:44pm On May 27, 2015
This is realy an excelent idea, I never came across it before. Honestly I knew Nigeria was sick and was at the mercy of very wicked men, but I later realised that they were so evil that they never even allowed crumbs to drop for ordinary Nigerians. They ate up everything in conivance with this present government. I think one of the unique things we will see with this incoming administratn is that it will totaly block all those evil vultures from eating what is meant to come to the common man, and in the end many of them will go bust and bankrupt. When you even take closer look at these men, they are not real business men rather they are fraudsters and conmen because a real businessman can never operate the way they do, without even basic business principles. There fall will shock many people because anything built on evil foundation will never last.
And I am in support of whatever the in coming govt will do, because one of the bane and failure for Nigeria is that the present situation deprives the emergence of real entreprenures which are the catalyst needed for Nigerias economic advancement, growth and diversification, not fraudsters and conmen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Eshinwaju: 1:52pm On May 27, 2015
yes.....separate the goats...from the yams... cheesy cheesy...janamankey was simply clueless...... angry...I hate the fact that I voted for that evil man in 2011...how time flies..... shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Gbawe: 2:02pm On May 27, 2015
djon78:
This is realy an excelent idea, I never came across it before. Honestly I knew Nigeria was sick and was at the mercy of very wicked men, but I later realised that they were so evil that they never even allowed crumbs to drop for ordinary Nigerians. They ate up everything in conivance with this present government. I think one of the unique things we will see with this incoming administratn is that it will totaly block all those evil vultures from eating what is meant to come to the common man, and in the end many of them will go bust and bankrupt. When you even take closer look at these men, they are not real business men rather they are fraudsters and conmen because a real businessman can never operate the way they do, without even basic business principles. There fall will shock many people because anything built on evil foundation will never last.
And I am in support of whatever the in coming govt will do, because one of the bane and failure for Nigeria is that the present situation deprives the emergence of real entreprenures which are the catalyst needed for Nigerias economic advancement, growth and diversification, not fraudsters and conmen.

Boss, you can see the idea is not new because me and others here on nairaland, as far back as 2011, have already suggested this as a way forward to defeat fuel subsidy scam, PMS shortage and disparity in price charged for refined derivative of crude. Now ask yourself why such a simple idea, any resolute and pro-people President can implement, was never considered by OBJ, Yar Adua and GEJ as a stop-gap measure to ensure domestic Nigerian needs for refined derivative of crude are met while we work on improving the refining capacity within Nigeria.

The more you dig then the more you see that those pretending to be looking for solutions (like GEJ and OBJ) are the very same causing the problems they are financially benefiting vastly from in the background. This deleterious practice was always going to stop once Nigeria gained a President who is not interested in mansions and billions of dollars but prefers to do everything to make Nigerians happy and fulfilled. Using fuel marketers, when far better alternatives are available, is not a tenable option for a pro-people Nigerian President mindful of how Nigerians are suffering horribly while some greedy criminals and associates of government continue to use wheelbarrows to cart money to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Gbawe: 2:12pm On May 27, 2015
Etruth:
Uncle Gbawe, you NEVER disappoint. Na you be the boss, I dey hail ooo. How I wish you could personally tutor me. You are a blessing to us on this forum. God bless you Sir. Sai Gbawe ! Sai Osinbajo !! Sai Buhari !!!

Oga me thanks for the nice words but all I say here is in aid of a Nigeria where our people are dignified and empowered as all others are worldwide. It is deplorable that Nigeria can literally grind to a halt and be approaching a recession because of the culture of greed and impunity the PDP has created. Entering into formal, organised and transparent arrangement with foreign refineries, to deal with shortfalls in demand for PMS in Nigeria, was always the sensible way forward while we try and increase domestic capacity.

Yet the PDP chose, against universal condemnation of this practice, to use fuel marketers and thus introduce avenues of looting and free-for-all fraud that impoverishes Nigeria greatly. I expect Buhari will surprise many. Even the decent among those who supported GEJ passionately will swing behind Buhari in the near future because people often act based on what they know alone i.e PDP incompetence. Buhari will raise the bar immensely and there will be no going back for Nigeria. The defeat of the PDP and Jonathan was our own Nigerian spring and the "common sense revolution" Tinubu talked of.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 27, 2015
Indeed, Buhari's victory is the divine hand of God to save Nigeria from gliding into abyss and grinding to a shameful halt.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Gbawe: 2:26pm On May 27, 2015
Nairalanders, check the truth out as I stated earlier by accessing the BBC article below. Buhari will certainly be very busy as it is now crystal clear to the entire world that GEJ and the PDP literally looted Nigeria blind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32873349

Nigeria fuel shortage cripples businesses, banks and flights

[size=14pt]It appears the fuel importers and marketers who operate a multi-billion dollar scam are blackmailing the government into agreeing to one more massive payout as they are not sure how much longer the fuel subsidy racket will go on.[/size]
They are literally shutting down the nation saying they are owed $1bn in arrears, but no-one gets to see how that figure is worked out. Many government officials, including employees of the state fuel company, are so intertwined in the fraud it is hard to know who is scamming who.
One thing is clear. Nigerians across the country trying earn a living to feed their families are facing a new level of hardship.
The incoming president is inheriting one hell of a mess.

At the heart of the shortage is a row over the payment to wholesalers of the difference between the subsidised pump price and the international market price.
The wholesalers are waiting for a $1bn payout from the government before they release more fuel.

It is thought that President-elect Buhari, who takes power on Friday, may move to end the petrol subsidy and so the wholesalers are trying to get something from the outgoing administration.
The opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) thinks government inaction is deliberate so that Mr Buhari will take over a "nation in deep crisis".
On Sunday, APC spokesman Alhaji Lai Mohammed said in a statement that the "departing office holder [was] defecating on the chair he is vacating".
The People's Democratic Party of outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan says that it is the opposition which is behind the crisis "to create an impression that the APC is inheriting... a complete system breakdown".
The fuel subsidy has become an enormous scam, our correspondent says.
The wholesalers often pretend to bring in a lot more oil than they do and pocket the money they get for the petrol that is not delivered.

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by Gbawe: 2:44pm On May 27, 2015
docadams:
@Gbawe: Please can you make your presentation without mentioning GEJ and PDP atrocious reign, at least for now. I need to preserve my sanity.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by MaziOmenuko: 2:54pm On May 27, 2015
This is a succinct approach that have been sang to the otuoke fisherman overtime but him and his corrupt allies prefer to take our crude oil to their own personal refineries at very cheap rates, refine and resale to us; then use the country's money to still inflate their pockets in the name of subsidy.

This isn't rocket science; we can even pay the foreign refineries with our crude: then its a win-win for us. After all, price of crude is down. They get more crude, we save more funds, and the end users get fuel cheaper.

There! Is that hard?
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by superstar1(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2015
...... and some saTANoids and corrupt minds were shouting GEJ till Jesus comes.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by akinszz: 2:58pm On May 27, 2015
Furoor idi
akins56:
Source ?
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by MaziOmenuko: 2:59pm On May 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
So what happens to independent marketers of petroleum? Will IPMAN, NUPENG and PENGASSON agree not to sabotage this plan?

Those useless associations are even a bigger pain in the ar'se! Licenses will be given to any individual who wants to move fuel from the ports to filling stations. It mustn't be exclusive rights of those useless associations.
If that is done, I can buy my trucks and get down to apapa to load as much fuel as I can pay for; then take it into the streets and supply. Market forces will even drag the prices lower because I may decide to resale at a lower profit margin and then becomes resalers' favourite.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by honeric01(m): 3:13pm On May 27, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Those useless associations are even a bigger pain in the ar'se! Licenses will be given to any individual who wants to move fuel from the ports to filling stations. It mustn't be exclusive rights of those useless associations.
If that is done, I can buy my trucks and get down to apapa to load as much fuel as I can pay for; then take it into the streets and supply. Market forces will even drag the prices lower because I may decide to resale at a lower profit margin and then becomes resalers' favourite.

like owning 10 33,000 liters truck..even if i make #5 per liter to transport it or even less daily or 2 times a week, that would be 1.65m per load (10 trucks), in one month, money yafun yafun yafun.

even if na one i get, if i load twice a week, 300k+ don sure b that.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by millhouse: 3:19pm On May 27, 2015
you bet

Gbawe:
Why are you guys surprised at this development? It is what any government that is not corrupt and is genuinely on the side of Nigerians would do. I have said it many times that leading Nigeria is not rocket science. You do not need 4 PHDs to lead Nigeria well. What is required, above everything else, is the fearless will and decency to shun the need for self-aggrandizement and do what is right for the people always and in every sector.

This development is not new and even Femi Otedola has given this advice in the past i.e Nigeria should engage directly with foreign refineries to beat fuel subsidy scams, petrol queues and the other deleterious effects of using fuel marketers i.e glorified and unneeded middlemen that PDP Presidents have all kept in place because this helps their individual drive to stuff their pockets and those of their cronies. Nairalanders themselves can see that this idea is not new and many of us have called for its adoption even if the PDP had remained too corrupt to acquiesce. Some of us know why we wanted Buhari passionately and our reasons will become clear to others too very soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=17001265&redirect=%2F1370814%2Findicted-firms-make-fuel-suppliers%2317001265

I have said this here a million times. GEJ is corruption and corruption is GEJ. Is Otedola not in GEJ's economic team? Does he not have the ears of the President directly? How come, as many have pointed out here many times, GEJ has not taken Otedola's advice , shown below, if he is not the same corruption plaguing Nigeria?

The man's penchant for "don't give a damn" scams are really a disgrace to Nigeria. Nothing would come more naturally than for a President who is a solution provider to do as Otedola suggests below. I think even a child knows why GEJ is always loathe to take good advice and do what will save Nigeria money, promote accountability, defeat corruption, strengthen our institutions, diminish the enrichment of politicians and their cronies plus optimally boost income accruable to the Nation. Nauseating how this President openly abets corruption and the plundering of his own Nation in a brazen and wanton manner.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fuel-subsidy-rip-offs-wikileaks-reveals-how-nnpc-cost-nigeria-billions-dollars

Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by BobUg28(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2015
Well, if APC can work with their manifestos, there's no doubt if the CHANGE we clamoured will certainly come to stay.

I never believed in what they have been saying until now that I listened to the plans they have for Nigerians.

I suggest everybody 'd put hands together let's take this country to the promise land where she belong.
Nigeria is a blessed country.
Re: Buhari Will Not Use Oil Marketers! by ibisko04: 5:20pm On May 27, 2015
Legitbaba:
Someone please tell this man....this is 2015...not d 80s...
can someone enlighten him of how populated naija is...We are watching...
Even if we are ten times more than our present population, this option is more than enough to supply our petroleum products needs.
We can not continue to feed the criminals in the petroleum sector.
Enough is enough.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafrans We Are Thieves.. PHOTOS / Akwa Ibom Ring Road 3 (10lanes) By 5star Hotel Completed …. Photos / Media Organizations Whose Licences Should Be Withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.