Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,179 members, 7,780,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. (10571 Views)

Easiest Ways On How To Drive Traffic To Your Blog / 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search / 7 Ways To Drive Traffic From Forums To Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by oteneaaron(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2015
It is not unusual for the owner of a company, large or small, to own a website to promote their business, and there are many bloggers out there struggling to vamp up their site’s ranking. But many do not know how to attract users to their pages. To find out what are the best strategies to increase traffic to a website, I did a little research, I came up with 6 main ways to drive traffic to your site.

1. THE EMAIL.

Although its use has declined in recent years compared to the past decade, the email continues to attract traffic known to be relevant depending on the category of the business and the public to whom it is addressed.

2.SOCIAL NETWORKS.

A medium that has gained more followers over the years is social networking. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, amongst others; They are very important in attracting users. However, the public should be studied to determine which network to participate in. Also, it is essential to take into account that the message handled varies with each medium. So, if you want to promote a salad on Twitter, you can focus the message on the experience; “Enjoying this delicious salad!” might be a good tweet to attract potential customers. The format of Facebook can be exploited to have fun, and post colorful pictures with a message inviting potential customers to try. While in LinkedIn, a post like “The principles for labor productivity, increase your eating salad” would be perfect to attract users.

Because of its versatility, social networks are the ideal place to quickly communicate with customers so their use is not limited to advertising, but also to handle other issues such as response to customers complaints . However, we have to be very careful. To avoid making mistakes, you should: listen to what the customer says, figure out what went wrong, explain who is taking care of the problem and give an estimated response time. The worst thing you can do is not respond and most importantly, take into account the type of client that is managed and without using abusing language or jokes cheerfully. Remember, the better your reputation online, the more likely it is that users come to your website.

3.CAMPAIGNS.

On the other hand, it can also increase traffic through campaigns, both in line and off line. The important thing in these cases is always attached a url that will allow some traffic labeled. In many offline campaigns try to often use QR code, allowing potential customers to simply scan images and are automatically taken to your website.

4.REFERENCES

Another way to generate traffic is to get referrals from other sites, like when someone writes about your services in his blog or products including a link to your site. This is also a form of advertising and its important to take it.

5.LIVE TRAFFIC

One of the simplest ways is web traffic is generated by direct traffic. Mostly, the user just types the URL of your page in your web browser.

6.PAID TRAFFIC

As we all know, paid traffic is when you pay money to very popular websites like google, yahoo and Facebook advertise your website on a pay-per-click basis. Sure, this method brings in large traffic and conversions on your website. But as a company you need to know how spend money on this wisely. To learn how to spend on paid traffic, wisely, click here

I have only mentioned my list of 6 sure ways to generate traffic for your website……but here’s a bonus……

ORGANIC TRAFFIC

This is arguably perhaps the most important method of all. This is achieved through a good job of positioning your website in search engines like Google. To do so is key to learn this is to really understand “Search engine optimization” (SEO). Strategically placing specific keywords in particular patterns as used in your content so as to increase your search engine ranking and this draws traffic to your website without you breaking a bank.. ...
source: http://www.roviarsguide.com/internet-marketing/drive-traffic-to-your-site-6-sure-methods

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by ylaa(f): 2:55pm On May 27, 2015
HAHAHAHAHA FIRST TO COMMENT BUT NO GET COMMENT COS ME NO WANT KNOW ANYTHING EXCEPT SAI BABA AND MAY 29TH.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by SammyO4real: 2:55pm On May 27, 2015
Okay
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by Oyase(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2015
ok
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by bosunolu(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2015
kk
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by lifestyle1(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2015
cool
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by Bigdreams(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2015
Thanks.

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by jaymejate: 2:57pm On May 27, 2015
God forgive me! shaa go put nude pics for ya blog front page. that's the world today.
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by Pope22(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2015
The 9 people above me tho.
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by naijainfogalery: 3:00pm On May 27, 2015
lol
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by MrBenSun: 3:02pm On May 27, 2015
well said
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by oteneaaron(m): 3:05pm On May 27, 2015
wow..... frontpage already?..... friends.. bloggers...webmasters.....intending bloggers alike... the above tips r quute efficient if you put your mind to it. nd please i'd be happy if anyone as other suggestions or secrets to increasing our web traffic........ cheesy wink
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by omanifrank(m): 3:05pm On May 27, 2015
nice one
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by damiloladuke: 3:06pm On May 27, 2015
WELL WRITTEN... NICE INFORMATION

WILL YOU LIKE TO GET A FREE REPORT ON THE 6 WAYS THROUGH WHICH YOU CAN MAKE MONEY THROUGH BLOGGING ACTIVITIES, VISIT www.teamcrea8.com
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by Realdeals(m): 3:06pm On May 27, 2015
Owk
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by abdul4me(m): 3:06pm On May 27, 2015
I will add a dozen clues to the available list

1. Focus on long-tail keywords – The days of focusing on a single keyword for each page are long gone. Make sure your posts include all the relevant terms and phrases related to your topic.
2. Start a forum on your website – An active forum can quickly begin ranking for long-tail keywords. They’re also great for decreasing your site’s bounce rate, increasing time-on-site, as well as building a community.
3. Start a Facebook group that drives traffic to your site – Start a niche-specific group where members can ask questions and get support (and don’t forget to point them back to your site’s content where relevant).
4. Submit your blog posts to StumbleUpon – It works!
5. Promote your blog posts to your email list – This doesn’t have to be the main focus of all your emails, but including a link or two back to your blog posts can considerably increase traffic, leads, and sales.
6. Work on your headlines – Your headlines are what will get people in the door, particularly when you share your blog posts via social media; make sure they pique interest and clearly articulate the benefit to your readers.
7. Join a blogging community like ProBlogger or CopyBlogger – This is a great way to network with other bloggers, and to cross-promote each other’s content.
8. Include links to other relevant posts on your blog – When you write a post, always be sure to mention other posts your readers may find helpful; this is great for SEO as well as for increasing time-on-site, conversion rates, and referral traffic.
9. Guest post on relevant blogs – There’s not much point guest blogging on a site in an unrelated niche; make sure you only contribute to highly-relevant, high-quality sites in your niche.
10. Become a columnist or contributor on a well-known website – If you can become a guest contributor on an authority site like Huffington Post or Forbes, you not only drive targeted traffic to your site, but establish yourself as an expert in your field.
11. Optimize your existing posts – Comb through your old posts to make sure they have unique and relevant title tags, URLS and meta descriptions.
12. Arrange an advertising swap – Trade banner ads with a complimentary site in your niche.

1 Like

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by myklangelo(m): 3:06pm On May 27, 2015
Comment on Nairaland and then paste your site it works like magic, especially if you have a good content.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by barry40: 3:07pm On May 27, 2015
All the above can drive traffic but you need quality content to retain them. If you have quality content, you will have a lot of returning audience. They will evn help you spread the news at no dime to you.

1 Like

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by MARKone(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2015
The 'Oya continue reading from here' crew....
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by oteneaaron(m): 3:13pm On May 27, 2015
abdul4me:
I will add a dozen clues to the available list

1. Focus on long-tail keywords – The days of focusing on a single keyword for each page are long gone. Make sure your posts include all the relevant terms and phrases related to your topic.
2. Start a forum on your website – An active forum can quickly begin ranking for long-tail keywords. They’re also great for decreasing your site’s bounce rate, increasing time-on-site, as well as building a community.
3. Start a Facebook group that drives traffic to your site – Start a niche-specific group where members can ask questions and get support (and don’t forget to point them back to your site’s content where relevant).
4. Submit your blog posts to StumbleUpon – It works!
5. Promote your blog posts to your email list – This doesn’t have to be the main focus of all your emails, but including a link or two back to your blog posts can considerably increase traffic, leads, and sales.
6. Work on your headlines – Your headlines are what will get people in the door, particularly when you share your blog posts via social media; make sure they pique interest and clearly articulate the benefit to your readers.
7. Join a blogging community like ProBlogger or CopyBlogger – This is a great way to network with other bloggers, and to cross-promote each other’s content.
8. Include links to other relevant posts on your blog – When you write a post, always be sure to mention other posts your readers may find helpful; this is great for SEO as well as for increasing time-on-site, conversion rates, and referral traffic.
9. Guest post on relevant blogs – There’s not much point guest blogging on a site in an unrelated niche; make sure you only contribute to highly-relevant, high-quality sites in your niche.
10. Become a columnist or contributor on a well-known website – If you can become a guest contributor on an authority site like Huffington Post or Forbes, you not only drive targeted traffic to your site, but establish yourself as an expert in your field.
11. Optimize your existing posts – Comb through your old posts to make sure they have unique and relevant title tags, URLS and meta descriptions.
12. Arrange an advertising swap – Trade banner ads with a complimentary site in your niche.
thanks for your comment... . i'm gonna keep that in mind....
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by kobonaire(m): 3:13pm On May 27, 2015
No 7 : spam Naira Land
(as many of the spammers do at free will advertising their website/blogs - me sef don tire to be reporting their posts to no avail )

1 Like

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by millhouse: 3:14pm On May 27, 2015
good

oteneaaron:
It is not unusual for the owner of a company, large or small, to own a website to promote their business, and there are many bloggers out there struggling to vamp up their site’s ranking. But many do not know how to attract users to their pages. To find out what are the best strategies to increase traffic to a website, I did a little research, I came up with 6 main ways to drive traffic to your site.

1. THE EMAIL.

Although its use has declined in recent years compared to the past decade, the email continues to attract traffic known to be relevant depending on the category of the business and the public to whom it is addressed.

2.SOCIAL NETWORKS.

A medium that has gained more followers over the years is social networking. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, amongst others; They are very important in attracting users. However, the public should be studied to determine which network to participate in. Also, it is essential to take into account that the message handled varies with each medium. So, if you want to promote a salad on Twitter, you can focus the message on the experience; “Enjoying this delicious salad!” might be a good tweet to attract potential customers. The format of Facebook can be exploited to have fun, and post colorful pictures with a message inviting potential customers to try. While in LinkedIn, a post like “The principles for labor productivity, increase your eating salad” would be perfect to attract users.

Because of its versatility, social networks are the ideal place to quickly communicate with customers so their use is not limited to advertising, but also to handle other issues such as response to customers complaints . However, we have to be very careful. To avoid making mistakes, you should: listen to what the customer says, figure out what went wrong, explain who is taking care of the problem and give an estimated response time. The worst thing you can do is not respond and most importantly, take into account the type of client that is managed and without using abusing language or jokes cheerfully. Remember, the better your reputation online, the more likely it is that users come to your website.

3.CAMPAIGNS.

On the other hand, it can also increase traffic through campaigns, both in line and off line. The important thing in these cases is always attached a url that will allow some traffic labeled. In many offline campaigns try to often use QR code, allowing potential customers to simply scan images and are automatically taken to your website.

4.REFERENCES

Another way to generate traffic is to get referrals from other sites, like when someone writes about your services in his blog or products including a link to your site. This is also a form of advertising and its important to take it.

5.LIVE TRAFFIC

One of the simplest ways is web traffic is generated by direct traffic. Mostly, the user just types the URL of your page in your web browser.

6.PAID TRAFFIC

As we all know, paid traffic is when you pay money to very popular websites like google, yahoo and Facebook advertise your website on a pay-per-click basis. Sure, this method brings in large traffic and conversions on your website. But as a company you need to know how spend money on this wisely. To learn how to spend on paid traffic, wisely, click here

I have only mentioned my list of 6 sure ways to generate traffic for your website……but here’s a bonus……

ORGANIC TRAFFIC

This is arguably perhaps the most important method of all. This is achieved through a good job of positioning your website in search engines like Google. To do so is key to learn this is to really understand “Search engine optimization” (SEO). Strategically placing specific keywords in particular patterns as used in your content so as to increase your search engine ranking and this draws traffic to your website without you breaking a bank.. ...
source: http://www.roviarsguide.com/internet-marketing/drive-traffic-to-your-site-6-sure-methods
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by oteneaaron(m): 3:19pm On May 27, 2015
kobonaire:
No 7 : spam Naira Land
(as many of the spammers do at free will advertising their website/blogs - me sef don tire to be reporting their posts to no avail )
lol.. how dem go do?..... spammimg is annoying true.... but they r subtle ways it can be done... my broda just free dem... traffic is hard to come by these days especially if you don't have money to buy traffic and don't know how to attract traffic for free..... it's quite a dilemna you see... undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by Ayoswit(f): 3:22pm On May 27, 2015
T
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by adesegun121(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2015
Ok
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by Whizzcute(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2015
you try small
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by mrbillz(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2015
Intending blogger!
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by stlarry001(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2015
l think i like this post, you did a good job there. on the seo stuff can you explain better because i need to drive traffic to this blog

www.academicmerit..com

visit and review
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by EduRegard: 3:32pm On May 27, 2015
true tho
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website. by abila122: 3:34pm On May 27, 2015
Good one OP but i will advice against anyone spending a dime in purchasing emails its a waste of money instead use the money and gain Facebook likes for your page or invest it any other thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help With This Flow Chart Problem. / Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos / Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.