Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully (9459 Views)

12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 11:22am On May 27, 2015
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), has released ten tips that would help Nigerians to improve their driving skills and operate more successfully.
The guide ends with a warm message, which reads: “Thank for staying with us. We love you all.”

Study carefully. These tips might safe your life one day!

STEP ONE

If you have access to vehicles of different makes and models, switch them often. This way you’ll be working on driving as a whole, not on driving a specific car.

STEP TWO

Find a training lot. A disused airfield is the best idea, because it has long straight stretches (the runway), corners (turn way to runway entrance) and wide open spaces (the area in front of the hangars). If you are not so lucky as to have a disused airfield nearby, you may look for these three things separately. You may use abandoned country roads and disused parking lots that measure at least 50 by 50 feet.

STEP THREE

When you practice, focus not on the driving itself, but on feeling the behaviour of the vehicle. This includes lateral stability, acceleration, braking distance, etc. When you learn how to feel the vehicle, you’ll be able to drive anything at its verge.

STEP FOUR

Think of any hypothetical situation you may encounter, e.g flat tire, high-speed under-/over steer, pursuit driving, etc. Think what you must do in that particular case, then get in the car and do it. Make a note of your weak points and work to improve them.

STEP FIVE

Handbrake turning is not only for showing off. It’s the best way to correct high-speed under steer. It’s also useful on icy roads. It gives you confidence on rough road.
[i]

STEP SIX

Practice emergency stopping. If your car has ABS, disable it when you practice.

STEP SEVEN

Identify each dangerous situation when you drive and remember it. Then, when you have the time, think of what you could’ve done better and practice the preventive measures and maneuvers.

STEP EIGHT

Learn to drive backwards using only the side view mirrors. Once you get the knack of it, it’s one of the most useful skills a driver can have.

STEP NINE

Practice emergency in-turn braking. Do it in a wide empty space, not on the road.
[i]

STEP TEN

Test the brakes soon after you start down the road.

http://www.naij.com/447227-frsc-advises-nigerians-on-how-to-drive-successfully.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by CountDracula(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2015
dey no teach us hw to get fuel in times like dis

9 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 11:26am On May 27, 2015
This reminds me offer a post where the poster said: horn when you want to overtake, horn as a sign of greeting, horn when you are happy, horn everytime..

Nigeria.. Smh

4 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 11:32am On May 27, 2015
CountDracula:
youngpol:
This reminds me offer a post where the poster said: horn when you want to overtake, horn as a sign of greeting, horn when you are happy, horn everytime..
Nigeria.. Smh
Lol

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 29, 2015
STEP TWO

Find a training lot. A disused airfield is the best idea, because it has long straight stretches (the runway), corners (turn way to runway entrance) and wide open spaces (the area in front of the hangars). If you are not so lucky as to have a disused airfield nearby, you may look for these three things separately. You may use abandoned country roads and disused parking lots that measure at least 50 by 50 feet.

So FRSC is also doing copy and paste, or where do we find a non functional airport in Nigeria when the ones we are managing are supposed to be car crash testing sites?

8 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by sweetkev(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2015
FRSC should lead by example.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by calabaman(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2015
Good points!

except for point five@ ICY ROADS.

Pls where for 9ja icy roads dey

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Ymodulus: 3:47pm On May 29, 2015
lol
sweetkev:
FRSC should lead by example.
they will now that change gas come
CountDracula:
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Neduzze5(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2015
That's cool

Someone said something about defensive driving some time ago.

"When you drive on the road, don't drive for yourself alone. Drive equally for others"

Don't take the literal meaning of the above sentence.
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by gragraboy: 3:49pm On May 29, 2015
Where we want see Icy roads ehn?....Road safety!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Neduzze5(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2015
It's easy to drive...

But it is not really easy to drive.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by steffans(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2015
Good..
I hope all those transport drivers will read it..
And adhere to the rules..
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 29, 2015
Imanuelle:

Be like die dey flash you.
No. I don't live in Nigeria so why should I give a fvck?
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by hugobuzz(m): 3:50pm On May 29, 2015
FRSC should be merged with the police. they're a drain on public funds and a nuisance on our roads. After they made me go late to work because of the date on my tyres, I don't stop for them anymore.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by elohorayodele: 3:50pm On May 29, 2015
why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by MabraO: 3:50pm On May 29, 2015
Frsc is going nut

Set just did copy nd paste from oversea

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 29, 2015
Nigerians don't know how to drive, reason rate of accident is way high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Spells(m): 3:57pm On May 29, 2015
Practice what u preach, most of them can't do or don't do all this stuff dey mentioned.
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by emmyw(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2015
Check Out Jonathan’s New Home In Otuoke
http://globalgists.com/check-out-jonathans-new-home-in-otuoke/
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Dieumerci(m): 4:10pm On May 29, 2015
hugobuzz:
FRSC should be merged with the police. they're a drain on public funds and a nuisance on our roads. After they made me go late to work because of the date on my tyres, I don't stop for them anymore.

Pls what did they tell you concerning the date.
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Crieff(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2015
Step 5, ye Asphalt Airborne heads, FRSC says you can start drifting on Naija roads.
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 29, 2015
Make them teach them ohh,

Cos for naija every body were dey drive car na goat,

Na only Lagos you go see mad man dey drive car

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by samkizzy(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2015
not sure this is from frsc..infact it jst cant be..

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by BizBayo: 4:23pm On May 29, 2015
I'm very sure, if Buhari no enter una no go bother to educate Nigerians. #FearBuhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Over Drive And Sport Cruising / Toyota Corolla 1999 Fuse Box / Replacement Of A Lexus Is 350 2006 Engine (2GR-FSE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.