Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 PM

6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams (37521 Views)

This Year's JAMB Is Very HARD / 16 Pictures Some Students Playing Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Can Relate To / Photo: A Teacher Punishing Some Students For Noise Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by tuoyoojo(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2015
solobenzo:
Pls how do one read and understand what you've read pls I need advice.

ok its simple. i got this method back then wen i was writing jamb. after reading especially courses that are very volatile. take a bread and go and do sometin else, while u r on that thing maybe sweeping try to recall what u have read, if u cant recall a particular part, drop what you are doing and and look up what u cant remember . do that evritime and what u have read u wud understand n remember

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Arlex(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2015
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by MKO4ever(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2015
Point 1 = point 3
Point 2 = point 6
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by adedam007(m): 1:44pm On May 27, 2015
T
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by uncleFola(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2015
Good points as listed out..... Apart from the above listed reasons, some Student re just too so sure of themselves, they do Everything on their own as if they are an ireland, they do away with the fact that No knowledge is lost nd that is when u will see them not talking to others.... Mr/Miss Know all... As a matter of fact open ursef to other students around you, Rub minds concerning ur courses that will help a lot in an exam.....
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by PEZMAN(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2015
I still believe evrytin is still God's grace nd gift...tank yur lucky star if yuv got dat retentive memory...
# i bless God for mine #

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by youngmoney247: 2:06pm On May 27, 2015
Nice 1 broda. Makin sense
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Yonce(f): 2:07pm On May 27, 2015
CountDracula:
Perfect description of My roomate

Show him this post.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by vision2050: 2:11pm On May 27, 2015
i read during exams period, just to pass. kilo kan Mi.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Ayjos10(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2015
Dnarvaez:
trying to catch two birds at a time e.g. Reading and listening to music at the same time, chatting on social media, watching movies, how possible?
Eventually he/she would lose out on both sides. So if you must study, ensure that you`re well healthy, sound in mind and also ur full attention should be focused on ur engagement.
I disconcour sir...i av a medical friend who luv to read nd watch movies@d same time...*He is d 2ND BEST in d dept,ofcourse after ME*

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by bamidelemoses: 2:15pm On May 27, 2015
PEZMAN:
I still believe evrytin is still God's grace nd gift...tank yur lucky star if yuv got dat retentive memory...
# i bless God for mine #

Na wa o! Hw abt i jst fold my hands, refuse to go 4 lectures, refuse to do assignments & my exams but go to my school chapel to pray all day. God's grace ryt?
I believe God multiplies watEva u've got.
"I will bless d wrks of ur hands"
"Seest thou a man DILIGENT in his wrk; he shall stand b4 kings & not mere men"

All dis campus pastors & prophets...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by bidez(m): 2:17pm On May 27, 2015
Student can also fail if he/she doesnt relate well with other students dat have something upstairs. Imbibe the habit of studying together get more ideas.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 27, 2015
bamidelemoses:

U ar describing a perfect scenario that isn't workable in Nigeria
why did you opined that it isn`t workable in Nigeria? Except the fact that everywhere in Nigeria is noisy with lots of activities and distractions which also can`t be opined for areas like the Government Reserved Area (GRA) and other exclusive residential areas.
You see, my friend, the kind of area you live in or the level of discipline of the family, one comes from influences the level of one`s discipline towards how he/she faces life challenges or does things generally. Or you have ur reasons of which i would be glad you`d let out.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 27, 2015
I never read beyond 10Pm.
I never read in the class rooms.

I never read more than four hours at stretch.
I slept or rest whenever I felt like.

I valued lectures, so I go early, sit in front, pay attention and made notes.

In summary, it is the quality of reading and not the quantity.

Everyone should find what goes for them.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by abduldope(m): 2:24pm On May 27, 2015
r33d:
It is a situation many people can relate to especially, students. However, I also add that the home can make or mar a student. It is very difficult for a child or student who is not been cared for at home, to excel in academics.
The support a person gets from the immediate family can really go a long way in his or her life.
support ur idea also

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 27, 2015
Ayjos10:
I disconcour sir...i av a medical friend who luv to read nd watch movies@d same time...*He is d 2ND BEST in d dept,ofcourse after ME*
I totally agree with you.
Different strokes for different folks right?
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 27, 2015
How about me? undecided

I never read at all and still failed all the time? My entire promotion from primary 1- 5 was on trial.. because teachers where always tired of seeing my face in the same class for 3 years or more each time.

I was the reason they created the phrase "last but not the least" men I was a triple olodo

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by bamidelemoses: 2:28pm On May 27, 2015
Dnarvaez:

why did you opined that it isn`t workable in Nigeria? Except the fact that everywhere in Nigeria is noisy with lots of activities and distractions which also can`t be opined for areas like the Government Reserved Area (GRA) and other exclusive residential areas.
You see, my friend, the kind of area you live in or the level of discipline of the family, one comes from influences the level of one`s discipline towards how he/she faces life challenges or does things generally. Or you have ur reasons of which i would be glad you`d let out.

D part where u wrote
"So if you must study, ensure that you`re well healthy, sound in mind and also ur full attention should be focused on ur engagement."

Well healthy, full attention & sound in mind appear 2 describe a perfect situation
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Spells(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2015
WHYPHY...(work hard yes,play hard yes) but op u nonchalantly ignored the most neglected once by students which is that they forget to put God first
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by abnsugbe: 2:45pm On May 27, 2015
mubarak89:

Source: http://graduatewell.com/article/6-reasons-why-some-students-study-very-hard-but-still-fail-exams

u try but the best tin everman or students owns him or self is self decovery..Discover when is best for u to read,discover what works or does nt work for u

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by bhaliz44(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2015
Come to FUTMINNA and see people do (TDB)Till Day Break like maniacs. sad
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by PEZMAN(m): 2:54pm On May 27, 2015
bamidelemoses:

Na wa o! Hw abt i jst fold my hands, refuse to go 4 lectures, refuse to do assignments & my exams but go to my school chapel to pray all day. God's grace ryt?
I believe God multiplies watEva u've got.
"I will bless d wrks of ur hands"
"Seest thou a man DILIGENT in his wrk; he shall stand b4 kings & not mere men"

All dis campus pastors & prophets...
Dnt misquote me sir...only tryin to say dat for one to av a retentive memory nd high rate of assimilation is God's grace nd gift regardless of d hours of time used in studying...yu can't compare a genius wif an average student likewise an average student wif a dullard..
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by yungest(m): 3:05pm On May 27, 2015
and plz don't 4get....lecturers join o...if sum lecturers do u,u go da wonda weda u know book.....it just 2read n by gods special grace........
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by udeze73(m): 3:07pm On May 27, 2015
Another tangible reason why students read like mad and still fail is 'SADDIST LECTURERS'. They discourage students from d onset by making statement like: A is for God, Bis for me C is for the most intelligent and shits like dat
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by oshe11: 3:07pm On May 27, 2015
mubarak89:

Source: http://graduatewell.com/article/6-reasons-why-some-students-study-very-hard-but-still-fail-exams
A frnd of myn does dis dat I sumtyms diss him 4 it..... He is d 1st to b in klass, in yr 3 bt reads yr 1 txtbuk as doe his lyf dpends on it, alws readin, readin n readin, even in exam hall he reads until he every1 is askd to drop dia books..... Infact he ova reads to d xtent of confusin him sef............ Av neva seen any1 dat reads dat way....... If I read lyk him, I wudnt read to an Examination hall, bt stl dis guy is stl readin n readin n it kums to no suprise wen he sumtimes meks mistake or uses different formula to solve 4 sumtin dat is alredy given........ Sumtyms he asks for extra ansa booklet kos he had med lots of mistake....... 'I CALL HIM THE READER' HE IS ALSO GOOD TOO BT HIS READING IS TOO MUCH FOR TOO MUCH SAKE
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by goodgate: 3:09pm On May 27, 2015
r33d:
It is a situation many people can relate to especially, students. However, I also add that the home can make or mar a student. It is very difficult for a child or student who is not been cared for at home, to excel in academics.
The support a person gets from the immediate family can really go a long way in his or her life.
You are just so on POINT!!! To add; the care might needed might not be financial/material,although they are necessary but one needs psychological and emotional support to succeed in every aspect of life's endeavours. If you you can not get that from your biological family, you look out for people who value and appreciate you,who are willing to give you support both moral and otherwise, i think thats the real concept of FAMILY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 27, 2015
intergral:
The mistake most students make both those that study hard and those that put less effort is that they fail to balance their social activities with their education... When its is time to play you play and when it is time to study you give all you have to it. As for me I am a final year Mathematical sci. student and even if I end up getting a poor result this semester I will end up with nothing less than 2-1 .... I party, play football, hangout with ma peeps but when its time for me to read I give it all I have got in me.... The other mistake I think many people make is that they don't know how to answer university question, so to solve this issue I advice them to meet somebody that makes A's and ask him how he answers his exam questions... You might read hard but what your are giving the lecturer is not enuf, you give him what he taut u and what you know.... Making A's is simple you just have to believe and make yourself an A person.... I hope my little advice will help you improve ya Grades and Like I said earlier I WORK hard and PLAY and that's how I roll...

Exactly, when I'm doing exams, people are always asking why I'm so relaxed. So because I'm doing exams, I should act like I'm mourning? Anyway, I make sure to learn when studying, I never memorize. That way, it sticks for life.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Chiscomax(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2015
udeze73 are u from FUTO? heard a lecturer also says that in Physics department. A is for God, B is for me and C is for mankind!
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Aspiregreat: 3:28pm On May 27, 2015
Do any one has an idea on how to read and imbibe formulas..........plssss
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by Chiscomax(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2015
udeze73:
Another tangible reason why students read like mad and still fail is 'SADDIST LECTURERS'. They discourage students from d onset by making statement like: A is for God, Bis for me C is for the most intelligent and shits like dat

FUTO?
Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by oshe11: 3:29pm On May 27, 2015
some also fail kos dey av dn d deeds( slept wit d lecturer or av blocked d lecturer) dere4 nt obeyin d 5 Ps( Perfect Preparation Prevents Poor Performance) yl sum pass 4 doin d aforemention(it boils down to favour.......
Some fail kos all dia hopes were fokused on dat dia 'Intelligent' frnd n if dey ar moved, no shw 4 spying again(kasala dn burst b dat)
sum fail kos dia book na slipin tablet kos anytym dey open dia book na slipin tins in 10mins tym(Family problem), d witch wey dey wori dem dey Village n im no gt part 2........

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams by intergral(m): 3:33pm On May 27, 2015
Velocitron:

Exactly, when I'm doing exams, people are always asking why I'm so relaxed. So because I'm doing exams, I should act like I'm mourning? Anyway, I make sure to learn when studying, I never memorize. That way, it sticks for life.
you are on point!!! Yeah schooling is not a do or die affair, u just have to what you have to do at the right time.... Its just timing.... And like you said I alway look relaxed too... I'll like to have a friend like you in skul...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Approves Buses For SUGs Nationwide, Rejects Arbitrary Increase Of Fees / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos) / UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.