Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project (17151 Views)

You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC / Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor / Simon Lalong Accuses Jonah Jang Of Last Minute Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by lalasticlala(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2015
Plateau State civil servants demonstrated yesterday by laying siege to the newly built Jos Revenue House to prevent the outgoing governor of the state, Dr Jonah Jang, from commissioning the edifice.

Similarly, other groups of workers led by Plateau NLC chairman Jibril Bancir lay siege to the Plateau State House of Assembly to prevent the state lawmakers from sitting to deliberate on the tenure of the present elected local government chairmen allegedly seeking an extension of tenure from two years to three.

Secretary-general of TUC, Comrade Ade Akinbon, in an interview with LEADERSHIP at the gate of besieged Multimillion naira newly built Plateau Revenue House in Jos, said the labour unions were directed from their headquarters in Jos to picket all government institutions in Jos, asserting that they would not allow the governor to commission an edifice without fittings and furniture.

According to the TUC secretary, construction work at the revenue house project had not been completed, as they had been informed that they were several items that the contractor who handled the project should still bring to site to complete the project.

When our correspondent visited the state House of Assembly complex, labour union members were milling around while armed police personnel were spotted with the trucks around the gate of the complex keeping vigil to prevent break down of law and order.

The speaker of the House Hon Titus Alams and his colleagues were not near the House of Assembly and might be holding meeting at a secret location to deliberate on issues of urgent importance to the state.

http://leadership.ng/news/436437/protest-plateau-workers-prevent-gov-jang-from-commissioning-revenue-house

1 Like

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 27, 2015
undecided

Mai gaskiya! Mu na jira ka.... ka yi sauri... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by stevolinkon40: 12:31pm On May 27, 2015
Say No to Cluelessness... Buhari where are you. We are waiting

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by ifyan(m): 12:32pm On May 27, 2015
This serious.
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by agarawu23(m): 12:33pm On May 27, 2015
thieves!!! ask him how much he spent on the project and let me bring my engineer to make a rough calculation for me. we will see the amount he stole from the project.

cmon finish the project b4 I open my eyes
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Jossyroyal1: 12:34pm On May 27, 2015
that's a gud move by d pple! That's exactly wat suswam is doing in Benue!PDP theives be busy commissioning half baked projects!
#Say no to clueslessness...
Just leave it, the incoming govt will do the needful!
Wtf? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by NeduLuiZ(m): 12:36pm On May 27, 2015
Injury time. grin desperation
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by ifyan(m): 12:43pm On May 27, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
Gud one

My bro if Nigerians continue to mount pressure on does in power, trust there will be no more room for misbehaving.

3 Likes

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by DaBullIT(m): 12:43pm On May 27, 2015
Now that's what's expected of Nigerians

No jibiti , no wuruwuru

4 Likes

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by ijoskelew: 12:44pm On May 27, 2015
serious
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Bonapart(m): 12:44pm On May 27, 2015
People be like "dnt worry buhari will soon come"
The be loke "we are waiting for miracle"
The change we seek must start from us
An average Nigeria is corrupt: corruption in offices, schools, even in churches....
Change yourself first buhari is not a miracle worker neither is he a messiah... he will do no shit except Nigeria succumbed to change..
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 27, 2015
These are sensible people,if we had done this kinda thing during fuel scarcity and other saga Nigeria would have been a better place.
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by hazyfm: 12:46pm On May 27, 2015
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Edifice..... cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 27, 2015
I just d make front page turn turn these days...hahaha...thanks to unemployment grin

1 Like

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Sunnycliff(m): 12:47pm On May 27, 2015
But this is sheer wickedness when you refuse to pay workers peanuts and you go about to commission projects that do not put food on their tables
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Meiji(m): 12:47pm On May 27, 2015
Why are these governors commissioning uncompleted projects? So that they will claim some silly glory or what?
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 27, 2015
stevolinkon40:
Buhari is going to disappoint all of you at the end. I am laughing at your ignorance and gullible nature. grin grin grin grin
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by pocohantas(f): 12:48pm On May 27, 2015
Isn't he the same person forming poorest outgoing Governor?
Which sane human being let alone Governor, would commission an uncompleted work?
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by nerodenero: 12:48pm On May 27, 2015
That's the way forward.
DaBullIT:
Now that's what's expected of Nigerians

No jibiti , no wuruwuru
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by VISTIN(m): 12:48pm On May 27, 2015
The more you look, the less you see.

These evil leaders buy empty plot, erect wall, fix gate and paint. Then pay TV stations for superficial coverage.

I wish all Nigerians would wake up on time.
But why just one day to go Have they been sleeping.

JONAH was working, Plateau is growing.
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by HzRF(m): 12:51pm On May 27, 2015
stevolinkon40:
APC leaders still in hot pursuit of baba ooo
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by baybeeboi: 12:53pm On May 27, 2015
i have nottin to say here.
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Jossyroyal1: 12:53pm On May 27, 2015
ifyan:

My bro if Nigerians continue to mount pressure on does in power, trust there will be no more room for misbehaving.
You are right but I've modified o!
grin
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by steffans(m): 12:54pm On May 27, 2015
Good...
Jang worked but he messed up big time in lots of things that affect the common man...

Now see the mess he has left GNS in..
His wife and kid: Yakubu.

Never ever criticise a man in Power till u taste power..

I remember the bad things he said about dariye but today u seem worse.

2 Likes

Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by fxskye: 12:55pm On May 27, 2015
It is a welcome development. I hope workers of other states will follow suit.

Desperate Thieves on Last-Minute Looting.

To all Buharis..... From this moment on is the time to continue our "Crusade" for better Nigeria. We should not wait anymore for things to get wrong before crying out.

#BabaMustNotFailNigeria
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by PRYCE(m): 12:56pm On May 27, 2015
I saw it live!
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by shegsrules(m): 12:59pm On May 27, 2015
Hahaha, the only broke governor leaving office. Hope the secretariat flyover of 3yrs have been completed
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by synergycom19: 1:00pm On May 27, 2015
It is we enforced the laws
Re: Workers Prevent Jang From Commissioning Uncompleted Multimillion Naira Project by Ekpekus(m): 1:01pm On May 27, 2015
That's how workers should act. Being proactive will prevent politicians from taking the electorates for a ride.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unemployment Data: NBS DG, Yemi Kale Disowns Buhari And Garba Shehu / Magu: Lockdown Won’t Abort Cases Against Patience Jonathan, 4 Ex-govs, Others / NSCDC Apologizes To Woman Assaulted In Jos, Promises To Punish Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.