Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere (563 Views)

Boy Severely Brutalized By Principal In Uyo For Not Showing Up In School (Pics) / How To Spot An "Olodo" In The Exam Hall / How To Spot A Womanizing Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere by SamTrust(m): 12:38pm On May 27, 2015
"We are now in the 21st Century, Trust issues have been devaluated like a currency" Says: SamTrust.

I welcome you to this important post.
I will say this post is meant for everyone that has a life. And trust me, am sharing almost this things from my own personal experience. But before that, i wants to introduce myself.

My name is basically Samuel from Osun State............ Let's leave that intro for Now.
Before i share this tips, let me share my personal experience on how i was duped on OLX.

I lost my 3G Modem, and i am in need of a modem to get some Job Done on the Net.
I thought about buying from Aliexpress, but due to the conservation of the delivery timeframe, i sat down for 30mins and something buzzed my head............. I remembered Olx. "WAO" i said to My self, I hitted olx. Com. Ng on my Mobile phone and i searched for Modem.

I saw many advert- wanting to sell their Modem, i found an item 3G modem for #3000(though it was fairly used.) I called the advert poster.

Me: Hello.
Guy: hello, who is this(in a gentle voice).
Me: (i was happy the way he speaks in his Don-jazzy voice like manner) I am samuel, i saw your advert On Olx..............
"we discused on phone for 7mins even we chatted through fb on this modem issue Concerning the genuinity, trust, payment and delivery. The very convincing part of it that this guy is telling me that if i can come to Osogbo the nxt day to come to see him physically so we can exchanged money and modem.
so i was convinced that this guy is real because i don't have time to travel.
To cut the story short, we agreed that i should pay #2000 for modem and #500 fore transport fare. Nxt day, after i sent him the money through his bank account. NO CALL, NO RESPONSE and he even barred my No from calling him.

Now back to the matter, How can i reduce the scam problems.

1.SENSE OF REASONING.
Yes, let your sense of reasoning be working like that of a windows 8 pc(lols). Whenever you see any offer that sounds so true/good to believe, pls, take to your heel, i mean: run away because there are now many scams out there that you can fall for if you don't inply your sense of reasoning.

2.]IS THIS OFFER TRULY WHAT IS BEEN CALLED?
Imagine a person who says: " i will create a full working blog plus traffic for #5000 or less. Note that a full working blog must have at least 20blog post and good traffic and trust me those guys Knows how easy it is to create a blog, so the use that as a leverage and at the end of the day You will receive a dot com without traffic, meaning your money has gone.
This is also applicable to hard-product like: shoes, watches, Modem and even when transacting with others.

3.MEET BEFORE YOU PAY
If you will beleive me, there is a spirit inside Money, expecially in this 21st Century. Everybody Needs Money and anybody can go extramile to get this Money. So how did you think a person will be happy to chop your money when you send money to them without knowing him? Pls, kindly meet in person or get a review from a trusted person My people the 100% effective way to avoid scam is SEE WHOM YOU WANTS TO TRANSACT WITH.

4.MAKE EXTRA-EXTENSIVE RESEARCH
Even your brother you are seeing everyday can dupe you! Yes!! If you don't carry out proper research. So before paying or generally "transact" with any human, make extensive research, if possible ask for HONEST REVIEW from Some one else.

"I have been Scammed, I have learn a great Lesson, and i wish to inform others"

if possible, follow me incase of my next future post on how to be successful both online and offline.
Thanks
Re: I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere by SamTrust(m): 12:48pm On May 27, 2015
Bookmarked....
You can as well share your own tips and experience...
Re: I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere by Rosemary216(f): 1:23pm On May 27, 2015
Nice one...thanks for dat
Re: I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere by godsamist: 1:25pm On May 27, 2015
Well thanks for your post,been scammed twice even by those who sware to God and spoke like angels.
But the issue now should be how to expose them especially those who gave their a/c details.
Let's all be concern and contribute here,on how to tackle this menace for once!
Re: I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere by SamTrust(m): 2:51pm On May 27, 2015
Rosemary216:
Nice one...thanks for dat
Thanks Miss/Mrs Rosemary. You can as well share this with others.
Re: I Am Showing You How To Spot And Avoid Scammers Everywhere by SamTrust(m): 2:54pm On May 27, 2015
godsamist:
Well thanks for your post,been scammed twice even by those who sware to God and spoke like angels.
But the issue now should be how to expose them especially those who gave their a/c details.
Let's all be concern and contribute here,on how to tackle this menace for once!
Thanks bros, for finding this post helpful, if you have the phone numbers and account numbers of anyone. Feel free to post it. So we can save others from falling into their trap

(1) (Reply)

Mapoly Commences Sales Of Forms / . / Fedpolynek Owerri Form For Hnd Nd Nd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.