Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? (18514 Views)

Top 9 Tech Blogs In Nigeria / 7 Most Influential Tech Blogs According To Nigerian Bulletin / 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chidexter:

Its okay. Thanks
You're doing a great job on that site.
A female who's a tech blogger/expert, hmmm thats encouraging

Thank you for your kind words.. Your support goes a long way. . Greatly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by 2sex(m): 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
Kazrem:

That's Nigeria and Nigerians for you - hardly read what is beneficial to him but quick to download the latest 2pac song who never knew him. It's very pathetic.
that's why the likes of Linda Ikeji will always make millions, Why? She is giving people what they want!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Avero(m): 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Truth is that mine is simply laziness :-D
I hardly comment on your blog or any blog for that matter ...

Am a loyal fan tho, I'll start commenting more
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by newsphase(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2016
MissTechy:
Hello Everyone,

I recently took a survey and I noticed that Nigerians would love to comment on gossips blogs about other people's lives and not on tech information that can benefit them in their workplace or homes.

I am saying this because I know how hard it is to get comments on a tech blog given the fact that I run one (misstechy dot com), I have also searched top tech blogs in the country and noticed the same trend. Even noticed the trend on Nairaland, anytime a tech post is out on frontpage, people hardly comment or even view it.

Is it that the contents are boring or what?

Why would you choose to comment on other people's trouble but not on something that can benefit you in several ways -
Oya Nairalander answer cheesy

Because Tech is boring, and stupid and not interesting... If you write a post and say 10 ways to track your girlfriend that you think is cheating.... then you will see thousands of comments... because that is interesting tech, it is something some people think is happening to them (cheating) and something some dont want to face, so do you know what, they will die for this information.... Remember that you cannot pass a message to someone if you don't say it in his language.. Lions roar at each other.. One does not roar and the other moo .... No! No!! No!!!..... Entertainment is the only thing which makes Nigerians comment because it is in their language and they are also encouraged to comment.....

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by tck2000(m): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
RobinHez:

I just tire o.

its a general issue in naija, where people tend to give more attention to less profitable things/issues. they cant stream a 2-min gadget review clip but can spend hours watching 'God knows what', and thats why we are far behind in science and tech.
I think we should devise means and methods to 'forcefully' make Nigerians more interested in science & tech.
And how do you thinkthat could be achieved?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Google Adsense / How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp / Top 10 Blogs That Accept Guest Posts In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.