Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After (31216 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Swears In Onnoghen As CJN (Photos) / Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) / Jonathan Swears In New Ministers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by okiezman(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2015
Effect of cape Verde punany
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Consultville(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2015
Nice
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by omonnakoda: 4:44pm On May 27, 2015
This is just wrong .
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by ifypedro38(m): 4:46pm On May 27, 2015
Yes nah this wee he don marry cap_verd woman ,
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Lekmusic: 4:46pm On May 27, 2015
I thought the princess from Cape Verde will have calmed his head down. The unexpected outbursts of anger still comes once in a while
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 27, 2015
If it was GEJ, he would have done nothing of such!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by omonnakoda: 4:47pm On May 27, 2015
This is just wrong . Public officials should not be subject to a private moral code. Is there any written rules that have been broken.

Secondly i frown at governors having power to suspend local government chairmen who are elected. We need to mature our democracy.
One may not agree with what the Vice Chairman did but is there any rule against it? That is the crucial issue for public life .It should be based on RULES. He can apply this morals to his commissioners but not elected officials that is unacceptable,besides he said he "heard" .This man has shown himself to be impulsive and those advocating him for VP or more should note. People who act on emotions or sentiments aare not fit for high office. What will he do if anyone smiles too much at his "yellow" pawpaw?
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by oshiosense(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2015
20bc:
oshio baba the way you are handling this state as if its your private property....... Wjy didnt you invistegate before swering him in....
Are you blind or you can't read, atleast for common sense? He sworn in the Vice chairman and later got petition that he organized a protest against his sick boss which led to the suspension. You are here commenting stupidly. Where are you from by the way?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by marcondo13: 4:49pm On May 27, 2015
Short man, Short sense! Oshio baba, you too much! You gave him what he so desperately wanted and took it away from him!
Correct man!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by efilefun(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2015
Oponu leleyi ooo are you educated at all??
radgenez:
Let the hypocritical apc plebs come and defend teir employer, he justbroke the so called law they have been screaming about
Hypocrites!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by lastpage: 4:53pm On May 27, 2015
20bc:
oshio baba the way you are handling this state as if its your private property....... Wjy didnt you invistegate before swering him in....

Relax and dont be too eager to criticize!

For one, the Constitution mandates him to swear-in the Vice, once the substantive LGA Chairman is dead.
He cannot wait and MUST NOT WAIT for investigation to be started and finished.
In that, Osho-Baba has followed the law, to the letter. (recall he said "I was pained to do what l did, but that is the law).

Secondly, it is still an allegation and the suspended man might be proved innocent!
By "suspension", as opposed to "outright deposition" (removal), Osho-Baba is also obeying the law of natural Justice.
All are assumed to be innocent until proven guilty!
Even if we are almost (99%) sure of what the man did, we must give him the benefit of a "fair hearing", which is what the Panel will do.
In this again, l think Osho-Baba is fair.

Finally, if the allegation is found to be true, l think the man should then be removed so as to serve as a "moral lesson" to others, something that is gradually becoming extinct in our Nation, that yo dont get overzealous and too greedy for material things.
If God says you will be there, with hardwork and patience, you will get there eventually, at God's appointed time .... and you will succeed.

Gov. Fashola is an example of this Patience and Hardwork.
Jimi Agbaje is an example of that "anxiousness and greed". Where is he today? I cant remember! undecided

Cheers.....

And your spelling is terrible!

Lastpage!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Anamko: 4:53pm On May 27, 2015
That is what you get when selfishness outweighs altruism; anyways, CHANGE is here!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by goshen26: 4:54pm On May 27, 2015
thumb up for the comrade gov.
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by babamadiba(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
APC governors are not serious at all but oshimole is right on this one.Evil being hoping for his boss to die to take over
APC governors are not serious at all but oshomole is right. What the Bleep are you talking about?? What has apc governors got to do with this? Most u comment even if you ain't gat nothing to say?
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Mogidi: 4:57pm On May 27, 2015
omenka:
Maybe the man was caught eyeballing Iara. cheesy

First time you made sense since joining Nairaland. grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by omenka(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

First time you made sense since joining Nairaland. grin grin grin
Smh. And you my friend, are yet to. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by myklangelo(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2015
Poor foresight, u are not sure and you acted and you were not sure and you reacted. He should have made very proper indepth investigation before taking both actions.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by safety247: 5:00pm On May 27, 2015
Well said!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Mogidi: 5:00pm On May 27, 2015
omenka:
Smh. And you my friend, are yet to. cheesy

Hmmmm!
Others with discernible knack would disagree.
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by lastpage: 5:06pm On May 27, 2015
omonnakoda:
This is just wrong . Public officials should not be subject to a private moral code. Is there any written rules that have been broken.

Secondly i frown at governors having power to suspend local government chairmen who are elected. We need to mature our democracy.
One may not agree with what the Vice Chairman did but is there any rule against it? That is the crucial issue for public life .It should be based on RULES. He can apply this morals to his commissioners but not elected officials that is unacceptable,besides he said he "heard" .This man has shown himself to be impulsive and those advocating him for VP or more should note. People who act on emotions or sentiments aare not fit for high office. What will he do if anyone smiles too much at his "yellow" pawpaw?

Hello Sir,
Permit me to have a rejoinder to you.

Like they say, "The LAW is an Azz".... and if you are smart enough, you can actually make an Azz of it and get away with Murder.

But there is a Law from which all other laws in the Nigerian Constitution are derived from, called the "Common Law", which itself is derived from "Moral Codes" contained in our "Native Law and Customs".
Thus, Osho is applying the "Common Law" here, and it is all based on the "moral code" that is "acceptable and applicable" in our cultural environment, by the same people he presides over.

Let me also point out that he did not REMOVE the man, he simply suspended him, giving him the opportunity to address the Panel, prove his innocence or otherwise and be returned to office or removed.
That l think is fair enough. I am sure if you are the fella that died, how would you feel, battling for your life, while your Vice (who is supposed to be your "eyes and ears"wink is plotting your removal to the extent of sponsoring riots?
Some acts are just too inhuman, repulsive and degrading to be allowed to pass unchecked.
It will be a display of "complete lack of integrity and trust" on the part of the suspended man, if the allegation turns out to be true

As to acting impulsively, it is not a good attribute of a leader, it is just on step away from despotism and tyranny but in this case, Osho did not act impulsively, going by the "lengthy explanations" he gave, showing that it was a well reasoned and thought-out step he took, ...... in "good conscience".

Thank you.

Lastpage!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by sucess001(m): 5:09pm On May 27, 2015
[size=19pt]

Sir,

I am pro-APC but...

Did we not all do the same thing when Yar Adua was on the sick bed?

Did we not all protest that his Vice should take over?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Superman11(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2015
ojayfrancis:
Too long

exactly!! he should have done his investigation before swearing in someone.. shows how lack information makes him look senseless and confused.
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by free2ryhme: 5:24pm On May 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.thetrentonline.com/drama-as-governor-oshiomhole-swears-in-local-govt-chairman-suspends-him-minutes-after-2/
As our people say, for every bat that is dancing on the road, there is someone beating the drum in the bush nearby. grin
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by lastpage: 5:29pm On May 27, 2015
sucess001:
[size=19pt]

Sir,

I am pro-APC but...

Did we not all do the same thing when Yar Adua was on the sick bed?

Did we not all protest that his Vice should take over?[/size]

No Sir,
We did it after he was dead and the likes of Turai and Segun Adeniyi and some other Cabal-members were plotting on making Turai the De-facto President (against the letter of the constitution) by deceiving the Nation that he was still doing 100 push-ups per minute.
Our Protest was for Jonathan to be sworn-in, LONG AFTER the Death of his principal, as stipulated in the Constitution.
(Oshiomole promptly did that as well)

I am saying we WAITED UNTIL HE DIED.

I am not sure if you know the underground details of what went on during that period or when Yar Ardua actually passed-on in a Saudi Hospital because if you do, you wont compare both situations.

Let me also point out that the dead man actually witnessed a RIOT/PROTEST taking place in the Hospital he was being treated, on the same day he died. I dont want to insinuate that the event may have contributed to his death via increased BP or Depression.
I am not a Doctor but those are the differences.

Cheers.

Lastpage!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Correctman0606: 5:41pm On May 27, 2015
Am very sorry for this post. It is not intended to lower the good people from the south south. Why are majority of people of this regions are carrying with them infected brains cell? Look at Amaechi, an apc man. Look at Osho, an apc man doing exactly the action of a man with very sick brain. Why?
Just yesterday, Buhari told the world that he will personally pick his ministers and not through the state governor, thereby describing them as barbarians. If GEJ had tried that, these Amaechi and Osho will be the first poeple to have decamped to another party. Fools. Any way, it is not too late. Am waiting when they will decamp from apc. Senseless things.
The apc hausa governors and others indeed, who are mostly Fulanis will always respect and stck to their own, no matter the griviances. They are the only ethnic group that does not love people of other tribes, but can only pretend and manage to live together with others especially to milk away their natural resources. Fools.
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by CoCoLav(f): 5:51pm On May 27, 2015
lastpage:

Finally, if the allegation is found to be true, l think the man should then be removed so as to serve as a "moral lesson" to others, something that is gradually becoming extinct in our Nation, that yo dont get overzealous and too greedy for material things.
If God says you will be there, with hardwork and patience, you will get there eventually, at God's appointed time .... and you will succeed.

Gov. Fashola is an example of this Patience and Hardwork.
Jimi Agbaje is an example of that "anxiousness and greed". Where is he today? I cant remember! undecided

You are kidding right?? Moral lesson? In politics? Politics that is governed by law? And if God says its the right time?

OMG!

lastpage:

Hello Sir,
Permit me to have a rejoinder to you.
Like they say, "The LAW is an Azz".... and if you are smart enough, you can actually make an Azz of it and get away with Murder.
But there is a Law from which all other laws in the Nigerian Constitution are derived from, called the "Common Law", which itself is derived from "Moral Codes" contained in our "Native Law and Customs".
Thus, Osho is applying the "Common Law" here, and it is all based on the "moral code" that is "acceptable and applicable" in our cultural environment, by the same people he presides over.
Let me also point out that he did not REMOVE the man, he simply suspended him, giving him the opportunity to address the Panel, prove his innocence or otherwise and be returned to office or removed.
That l think is fair enough. I am sure if you are the fella that died, how would you feel, battling for your life, while your Vice (who is supposed to be your "eyes and ears"wink is plotting your removal to the extent of sponsoring riots?
Some acts are just too inhuman, repulsive and degrading to be allowed to pass unchecked.
It will be a display of "complete lack of integrity and trust" on the part of the suspended man, if the allegation turns out to be true

As to acting impulsively, it is not a good attribute of a leader, it is just on step away from despotism and tyranny but in this case, Osho did not act impulsively, going by the "lengthy explanations" he gave, showing that it was a well reasoned and thought-out step he took, ...... in "good conscience".
Thank you.
Lastpage!

You have no idea what common law is about. Common law has no business with morals or ethical code, As in NO BUSINESS.

You only suspend someone when the person had breached the public officers code of conduct or committed a crime. The law is the law, keep your personal moral code to yourself. By instigating a protest when the chairman was on his sick bed...pls tell me what law he has broken.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by CoCoLav(f): 5:53pm On May 27, 2015
The ignorance on this thread of the law and how it operates makes me want to SCREAM!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by omenka(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

Hmmmm!
Others with discernible knack would disagree.
Lmao. Bro, stop trying so hard to sound grammatically "correct" or "sophisticated". That shiit up there is so darn wack. Stay simple if you can't go "deep".

What you meant to say is "knack to discern". grin. Meaning- "ability to discern/distinguish/differentiate", which is understandable... smiley

"Discernible knack"... Lmao. So senseless you. cheesy

I could give you free lectures if you care. smiley
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by joecooper(m): 6:07pm On May 27, 2015
Get free Installation of Cctv With as low as N89,999 and secure your Home, Office, Schools, Hotels, Business with CCTV cameras.
Simplify life with solution of multiple option. Get cameras,DVR full Recording, Installation, free surge extension, Options of replacing one camera to spy camera also activate mobile monitoring on you mobile devices anywhere in the world .......
All this with as low as you can imagine and still enjoy one year warranty on the products.

Simplicity at its peak!

Other packages also available..

Jacore Technology Industries
08090455551, watsapp 08039214367
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by Mogidi: 6:12pm On May 27, 2015
omenka:
Lmao. Bro, stop trying so hard to sound grammatically "correct" or "sophisticated". That shiit up there is so darn wack. Stay simple if you can't go "deep".

What you meant to say is "knack to discern". grin. Meaning- "ability to discern/distinguish/differentiate", which is understandable... smiley

"Discernible knack"... Lmao. So senseless you. cheesy

I could give you free lectures if you care. smiley

Others with different talents (Discernible knack) would disagree.

Knack:
a special skill, talent, or aptitude
Re: Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After by wellmax(m): 6:17pm On May 27, 2015
20bc:

Don't advertise your ignorance. The law requires that he swears in the Deputy on the death of the office holder. Punishment for whatever reasons can come later as in this case.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zakzaky Is In A House We Built For Him, He’s Not In Detention – Lai Mohammed / Jonathan's Book: Error Of Jugdement Or Book Not Properly Proof-read / How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.