Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,486 members, 7,801,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? (16507 Views)

Photo Of Eunice Elisha Olawale Preaching / Olawale Elisha: "Eunice Breasts & Head Were Removed According To Crowd" / Eunice Elisha Olawale Killed In Kubwa, Abuja, During Early Morning Preaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by davien(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Elisha pronounced the curse against those thugs and God had to honour His Word that says "the wages of sin is death". cool
How does that stop that act from being wrong?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

That is it o, i have once asked this question. Nobody is even first minding the plausibility of that fairy-tale..

Deductive intuition shows the two bears can only pounce on two boys at a given time or four at most. . what were the other 40boys doing when the bears first pounced on the first two boys? They formed a line and waited for their turn

You might as well team up with theAtheist101 to find out. The fact is that you may never survive it to tell us your findings. shocked
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Jun 16, 2015
Scholar8200:

Elisha did not primarily call for bears;he cursed them! That's where the issue is. Why would Balak go all out to get Balaam to curse Israel b4 confronting them in battle, in spite of the fact that they were inexperienced, liberated slaves? The curse was to bring them to a point of chronic vulnerability. The same thing here.

Good point.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You might as well team up with theAtheist101 to find out. The fact is that you may never survive it to tell us your findings. shocked

Wait up, i don't understand. . . Am i supposed to take you serious
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

So the curse made them stand in line while two bears came out from the bush and mauled them one after the other.?

You guys should just be grateful for Jesus who has redeemed us from the curse of the Law. It is my prayer that you will take advantage of this grace before it becomes too late.
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

So you are meaning to tell me that you actually believe 2 bears can kill 42 boys. . .

Thinking about it, the Scripture did not actually say that the bears killed the thugs, did it? undecided
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You guys should just be grateful for Jesus who has redeemed us from the curse of the Law. It is my prayer that you will take advantage of this grace before it becomes too late.

Lmao Jewish law? cheesy it has never ceased to amaze me how some africans just hype jewish cultural dispose as theirs. . . Lets start from the first laws that predates the jewish laws.

Egyptian
mesopotamian
babylonian
sumerian
mayan
ugarit
canaanite

Dude am sure you should be thanking horus, ea, molech for freeing you from these laws. . I hope you take advantage of this grace before it becomes too late for you...

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:16am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Thinking about it, the Scripture did not actually say that the bears killed the thugs, did it? undecided

Boy you are seriously a confused being grin
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2015
davien:

How does that stop that act from being wrong?

Who said the act was wrong, you?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Wait up, i don't understand. . . Am i supposed to take you serious

Don't try this at home (or at the zoo) if you love your life. cool
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Boy you are seriously a confused being grin

Show me where in the scriptures that said the bears killed the thugs?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Who said the act was wrong, you?
Wait up. . . Please was the act (Killing 42 children) morally right or wrong
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Show me where in the scriptures that said the bears killed the thugs?
Dude you need help... cheesy
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao Jewish law? cheesy it has never ceased to amaze me how some africans just hype jewish cultural dispose as theirs. . . Lets start from the first laws that predates the jewish laws.

Egyptian
mesopotamian
babylonian
sumerian
mayan
ugarit
canaanite

Dude am sure you should be thanking horus, ea, molech for freeing you from these laws. . I hope you take advantage of this grace before it becomes too late for you...

God's moral law is binding on all humans don't be deceived. cool
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2015
davien:

Who gave the curse?.....and who didn't tell "god" to spare them for they knew not what they were doing? undecided

If you now believe that Elisha didn't physically kill anyone, why do you now believe in the existence of God who can honour or dishonour a curse?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:37am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If you now believe that Elisha didn't physically kill anyone, why do you now believe in the existence of God who can honour or dishonour a curse?

Dude its a story. . . Can't you discuss spiderman without believing it's real?

Seriously i have known you to be quite dumb but you are proving me wrong by showing me you much more dumber than i previously thought... shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Wait up. . . Please was the act (Killing 42 children) morally right or wrong

Who do you accuse of killing in the first place? Is it the 2 bears, Elisha or God?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

God's moral law is binding on all humans don't be deceived. cool

Moral laws? Alright thats great...

Why are you not stoning non-virgin brides to death?

For a human to refer this as a moral law, Shows how sick of a moral basis christians like you have because of jewish myths. . You are really sick
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Dude you need help... cheesy

So you have no scriptural reference that the 42 thugs were killed? What then are you arguing about?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:40am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Who do you accuse of killing in the first place? Is it the 2 bears, Elisha or God?

Read the topic of your thread again. . .am pretty sure you have made that assertion already cool

1 Like

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

So you have no scriptural reference that the 42 thugs were killed? What then are you arguing about?

Am not even sure you know what arguing means. . . Read and tell me this is an argument...Am i supposed to argue with you? Lol..you are way too dumb for me to argue with in the first place....

Your topic has said it all. . . I think you need to argue with yourself not me.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by davien(m): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

do I need to believe in either to have a discussion on it...

Should I believe in santa claus before engaging in anything Christmas?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Dude its a story. . . Can't you discuss spiderman without believing it's real?

Seriously i have known you to be quite dumb but you are proving me wrong by showing me you much more dumber than i previously thought... shocked

Here we go again. When you 'atheists' get stumped you resort to personal attacks, ridicule and ad hominems.

You are the ones mounting the moral high ground here accusing God of the immorality of killing children when you cannot even show from biblical texts where this is the case. You don't believe in the existence of God but you believe He is guilty of murder, what an oxymoron. undecided
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Moral laws? Alright thats great...

Why are you not stoning non-virgin brides to death?

For a human to refer this as a moral law, Shows how sick of a moral basis christians like you have because of jewish myths. . You are really sick

I know you are not capable of discussing or debating without resorting to abuses. This is what you have to do so as to distract from the issue that you cannot defend.

God's Moral Laws are the 10 commandments which is the basis of the absolute morality of God. For you to know how this applies to you answer the questions in the link below to see whether you can pass God's standard. www.NeedGod.com
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by Scholar8200(m): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Amen! I still insist that it was God that killed the 42 lads not Elisha. cool
Let me ask, who was responsible for the use (or misuse) of the dominion given to Adam?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:54am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Here we go again. When you atheist get stumped you resort to personal attacks, ridicule and ad hominems.

You are the ones mounting the moral high ground here accusing God of the immorality of killing children when you cannot even show from biblical texts where this is the case. You don't believe in the existence of God but you believe He is guilty of murder, what an oxymoron. undecided

Telling someone that is clearly dumb that he is dumb isn't a crime. . .

Who can't discuss a fable without believing in the fable is just like saying you cant discuss spiderman without believing he is real. . Thats exactly why i find you to be dumb.

About who killed the kids i will like you to battle that one out with your own words. cool

OLAADEGBU:
Amen!
I still insist that it was God that killed the 42 lads not Elisha.

Its clear you have your answer of who killed the kids, why ask me again...
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Read the topic of your thread again. . .am pretty sure you have made that assertion already cool

Yes I did assert that in the question but you should not just assume that my assertion is true without finding out the facts. Is this not how many of you jump to conclusions without ascertaining whether an assertion is true? undecided
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:56am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I know you are not capable of discussing or debating without resorting to abuses. This is what you have to do so as to distract from the issue that you cannot defend.

God's Moral Laws are the 10 commandments which is the basis of the absolute morality of God. For you to know how this applies to you answer the questions in the link below to see whether you can pass God's standard. www.NeedGod.com

The 10commandments is the best your god can do This is very serious and unimpressive for an all powerful and good deity. . We never saw "Do not enslave another" In the law of the supposedly good god. . . I think ur god respects cultures while giving his laws..

So the laws in Deuteronomy are whose laws now?
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Yes I did assert that in the question but you should not just assume that my assertion is true without finding out the facts. Is this not how many of you jump to conclusions without ascertaining whether an assertion is true? undecided

Now isn't that what you should now take up with yourself? smiley
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Am not even sure you know what arguing means. . . Read and tell me this is an argument...Am i supposed to argue with you? Lol..you are way too dumb for me to argue with in the first place....

Your topic has said it all. . . I think you need to argue with yourself not me.

It is not me you are arguing with you are arguing with your Maker. If you want to debate or discuss a topic I'll advise you find out some facts about what you want to discuss about before you come gun blazing. smiley
Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by johnydon22(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It is not me you are arguing with you are arguing with your Maker. If you want to debate or discuss a topic I'll advise you find out some facts about what you want to discuss about before you come gun blazing. smiley

Lmoa. . . Uuuuhm so who is the maker here? sperm and ovary or some mythical sky fairy? wink

If this is the argument a supposedly maker can put up then it is as dumb as you who it needs to plead it's case for it... smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
davien:

do I need to believe in either to have a discussion on it...

Should I believe in santa claus before engaging in anything Christmas?

Yes you need to have some sort of faith in something in order to discuss. In this case you believe in the doctrine of evolution that says billions of years ago (when there was nobody there to observe) the universe came into existence by a big bang. Then billions of years ago (when there was nobody there to see) that the earth came into existence. Then billions of years ago (when there was still no one there to witnesses) life formed on earth. Then millions of years ago (still no one there to observe) animals began changing into other animals. Then 2 million years ago (still no one to observe) an animal like an ape began to change into a human being. Is this not what you believe? Is this not what you have in place of God and the bible? This is the basis of your discussion on religious matters on this forum, admit it. cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria / Is Smoking A Sin? / Bishop Oyedepo's Caananland: Are The Shapes Demonic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.