Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop (32939 Views)

10 Factors To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. / Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by omonnakoda: 12:10pm On May 29, 2015
Crieff:

To run a Mac only software, for business.
What is the attraction with Macs I have never owned one before and why that particular Mac?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2015
omonnakoda:
What is the attraction with Macs I have never owned one before and why that particular Mac?

You cannot ignore that platform, not now anyway. I want that particular one 'cos it is mobile thus no iMacs...though the value of used Macbooks is as good as getting a brand new one...just trying to be as economic as reasonable.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by omonnakoda: 12:34pm On May 29, 2015
Crieff:

You cannot ignore that platform, not now anyway. I want that particular one 'cos it is mobile thus no iMacs...though the value of used Macbooks is as good as getting a brand new one...just trying to be as economic as reasonable.
I think you misunderstand ,I am not a tecchy grin and I am completely ignorant about the matter. So what is not to ignore,what is it that makes it worth paying so much more for?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 29, 2015
Someone should please advice me whether to pay for the laptop or go for a better one. I don't know much about laptop's. Please before i pay the jumia guys, they are yet to deliver it...
pastorKosiso:
Please how good is HP 250 G3 Intel celeron-2.16GHZ
2gb, 500gb HDD? I just ordered one from jumia @ 64k
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2015
omonnakoda:
I think you misunderstand ,I am not a tecchy grin and I am completely ignorant about the matter. So what is not to ignore,what is it that makes it worth paying so much more for?

From a biz perspective, it is a platform serious biz must consider cos of its large and dedicated users. Simply, it is the prospects of an unreached market. To butress this further, Microsoft and Google both make apps and software for Apple's platform but Apple does not have a single app invested in Google's Android while they have some "entry" softwares for Windows users and yet they have considerable market share in some countries compared to the other two which is worldwide.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Someone should please advice me whether to pay for the laptop or go for a better one. I don't know much about laptop's. Please before i pay the jumia guys, they are yet to deliver it...

Dont buy it.

Minimum spec to enjoy any laptop are as follows:
Intel Pentium or Core2Duo Preferably Intel i3
2/4GB RAM
1.9Ghz of Processor speed.
HDD: Your choice.
Screen Size: Your choice
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 29, 2015
Thanks bro. I'll have to check on Olx for a good London use or Nigeria use but still neat...
Crieff:

Dont buy it.

2/4GB RAM
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by omonnakoda: 1:49pm On May 29, 2015
Sorry to go off point,can anyone please tell me of any free software for creating computer generated imagery
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 29, 2015
Two months old HP core i3 750GB HDD, 6GB RAM, 1.9GHZ processor speed, windows 8...... @ 70k is it okay to buy or too expensive? The guy said he bought it for 100k.
Crieff:

Dont buy it.

2/4GB RAM
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 9:13pm On May 29, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Two months old HP core i3 750GB HDD, 6GB RAM, 1.9GHZ processor speed, windows 8...... @ 70k is it okay to buy or too expensive? The guy said he bought it for 100k.

If you can get a cut...good, otherwise, it is just okay.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 29, 2015
Alright bro. Thanks.
Crieff:

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BeloHorizonte14: 1:03am On May 30, 2015
Crieff:

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
please do you do workstations.preferrable Dell precision M6800 or Hp zbook 17 g2 or Lenovo thinkpad W541S?

And incase you don't,do you know where i can get one?

Thanks.

Just got to see this a while ago.
Those are very heavy-specc'd systems...I won't bother to ask what you need them for.
You obviously should be able to get from mid-sized pc hardware stores but you can check with Technology Distributors or Computer Warehouse Group or just buy straight from Dell.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BeloHorizonte14: 1:21pm On May 30, 2015
Crieff:

Just got to see this a while ago.
Those are very heavy-specc'd systems...I won't bother to ask what you need them for.
You obviously should be able to get from mid-sized pc hardware stores but you can check with Technology Distributors or Computer Warehouse Group or just buy straight from Dell.
I kind of have some designing and CAD assignment; reason why i need a workstation.
I wouldn't mind if you have a different opinion as to my needing one.

Where can i find a hardware store/computer warehouse in Nigeria?
Also a Technology distributor i can reach.

Thanks.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 1:23pm On May 30, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
I kind of have some designing and CAD assignment; reason why i need a workstation.
I wouldn't mind if you have a different opinion as to my needing one.

Where can i find a hardware store/computer warehouse in Nigeria?
Also a Technology distributor i can reach.

Thanks.

A student?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BeloHorizonte14: 1:40pm On May 30, 2015
Crieff:

A student?
A part-time student.

I actually need the workstation for a work,not necessarily for academic assignments. Though i may use it for school work if need be.

Why ask please?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 2:01pm On May 30, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
A part-time student.

I actually need the workstation for a work,not necessarily for academic assignments. Though i may use it for school work if need be.

Why ask please?

You dont need a workstation for that but you can go for one if you can afford it.

Otherwise, any i7 suitably specc'd system should do. If yo need all the extra power of a WSs then go for it.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BeloHorizonte14: 2:09pm On May 30, 2015
Crieff:

You dont need a workstation for that but you can go for one if you can afford it.

Otherwise, any i7 suitably specc'd system should do. If yo need all the extra power of a WSs then go for it.
Thanks.

So what other i7 'suitably specc'd' systems are there to make buy and make use of?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 2:34pm On May 30, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
Thanks.

So what other i7 'suitably specc'd' systems are there to make buy and make use of?

Brand: Your choice
Screen size: Your choice
Processor: 4th Gen i7
RAM: 8GB or higher
HDD: your choice...if you can get a solid state HDD...good.
GPU: Intel HD 6000 should do.

Just get something that works for you. You can check Dell Inspiron or XPS i7 systems.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Godson32(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2016
bettercreature:
Are people repairing laptop? for me i only care about battery
my laptop has 13hours battery life anyway and take only 1hour 30min to charge full battery
Lie Mohammed,which kind battery be that?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by bettercreature(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
Godson32:
Lie Mohammed,which kind battery be that?
The new one i bought before i left Nigeria could power my laptop for 65hours so you should shut up and request for it if you need it
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Qhalifah: 8:42am On Oct 15, 2018
Crieff:

Brand: Your choice
Screen size: Your choice
Processor: 4th Gen i7
RAM: 8GB or higher
HDD: your choice...if you can get a solid state HDD...good.
GPU: Intel HD 6000 should do.

Just get something that works for you. You can check Dell Inspiron or XPS i7 systems.
pls what's the difference between SSD and HDD(asin the better one)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs / (How) To Refill Hp Laserjet 1020 Toner Cartridge? / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.