Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity (19911 Views)

My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time / My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by OsunAmazon: 10:21am On Feb 14, 2009
When virgin queens come to town
Written by Okey Ndiribe & Ebun Babalola
Friday, February 13, 2009

Although the conference hall at the headquarters of Surulere Local Government in Lagos where the maiden edition of Miss Virginity Pageant was held penultimate Friday was not packed full with the high and mighty usually associated with the more flamboyant female contests, the audience evinced reverence for the 43 virgin girls who attended the event.

Miss Virginity, odekeye flanked by 1st and 2nd runners up

However, when the event got to a climax, reverence gave way to excitement as 23 year-old Miss Titilayo Amudat Odekeye was announced as Miss Virginity 2009. The 43 girls had all been confirmed virgins the previous day by Dr. Ekemode- a Lagos-based consultant gynaecologist.

Speaking to Vanguard Metro shortly after, Odekeye said: “ I am happy and I give God the glory that I emerged the winner of the crown". The event was organised by Nigerian Virgin Girls, a subsidiary of Just For You Media.

Although she had no inkling that she would wear the crown when she entered for the contest, Odekeye prayed to God to give her victory.

Speaking on what she plans to do during her reign she said: “ What I intend to do during my reign as Miss Virginity is to go out there and encourage young girls to keep their virginity until they get married”.

She pledged that she would continue to work with any individual or group for the purpose of encouraging virginity among unmarried young girls in the country.

Miss Odekeye who emerged Miss Virginity among 25 other contestants that vied for the crown, is a final year Microbiology student at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye (formerly known as Ogun State University).

She had sought for and received the support of her parents before she attended the programme that was organised by Nigerian Virgin Girls.

All the virgin girls agreed that it was not easy remaining chaste in various parts of the country where they lived.

For instance 20 year-old Isijola Adebola, a student of Lagos State Skills Acquisition Centre confirmed it had not been easy for her.

Said she: “However I was determined to remain a virgin until I get married right from my childhood days. This is because I know my husband and his family would have a lot of respect for me when they know I remained a virgin before marriage”.

She said although she had some boyfriends in the past none of them lasted for more than six months mainly because she refused to succumb to their demands.

Said she: “ I always told the few boyfriends I have had the point beyond which they could not go in our relationships. Some accepted but some did not”.

Speaking during the occasion, the founder of the organisation, Princess Adunni Adediran disclosed that the programme was initiated to reduce immorality that has become the order of the day in the country.

According to her, “This is the second time we will be organising this programme. The first time was in January 2008 when about 60 girls registered and were examined by Dr. Ekemode. At the end, 43 virgin girls were certified.

Adunni told Vanguard Metro she had conceived the programme for a long time but was unable to commence because of financial constraints.

Said she: “When I looked at the way young girls were being molested and dumped through having sexual intercourse, I said to myself this must stop. This is because it is after de-flowering them, that they will be abandoned. It is after the man might have slept with a girl that he will see her bad legs or that her nose is too long. At times, these girls would have gone through series of abortions.”

She said, some of these girls end up suffering from mental disorder or other deadly diseases including staphylococcus, gonorrhea and the dreadful HIV & AIDS.

While calling on parents and guardians to support the initiative, she said, it is an avenue where Nigerian girls will be taught the essence of keeping their virginity. This will also bring respect for the wife and her children’s children.

According to her, it is also an avenue to reduce promiscuous acts and indecency amongst girls in Nigeria and to tell the men that the girls can still say no to immorality and wait till the night of their marriage because there is more joy in waiting for such a time.

When asked whether there is any religious restriction, he said the progranmme is open to all races including the daughter of a Pope, an Imam or an herbalist adding that her business is to ensure young girls keep their body till the night of marriage.

Her words: “We want people to begin to live normal lives where young girls would hate sex before marriage as children born by such women will know that their mothers were not promiscuous before getting married. Even the in-laws will respect such a lady and the community where they live will praise her.”

Speaking earlier at the occasion , Ambassador Segun Olusola praised the girls for keeping themselves chaste adding that it was not only Miss Virginity that was the winner, but all of them. He urged all of them to feel free to come to him for assistance at any time. Also present at the occasion was Dr. Yemisi Pitan, a clinical psychologist who gave the girls some tips on how to keep themselves safe.

“ Don’t walk in a dark place; don’t visit a boy alone; don’t take any drink after you have left it for a while because you could be drugged”, she said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/13/305.html
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2009
no wonder they are virgins! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by dani1luv: 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2009
Too Long
I was nt able to read embarassed
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2009
The 43 girls had all been confirmed virgins the previous day by Dr. Ekemode- a Lagos-based consultant gynaecologist.

If all 43 girls had been confirmed virgins by "Dr Ekemode", how comes only one girl got to clinch the crown then? Can one girl be more virginal than the other?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2009
OsunAmazon:

Miss Virginity, odekeye flanked by 1st and 2nd runners up

For instance 20 year-old Isijola Adebola, a student of Lagos State Skills Acquisition Centre confirmed it had not been easy for her.

Said she: “However I was determined to remain a virgin until I get married right from my childhood days. This is because I know my husband and his family would have a lot of respect for me when they know I remained a virgin before marriage”.

She said although she had some boyfriends in the past none of them lasted for more than six months mainly because she refused to succumb to their demands.

Said she: “ I always told the few boyfriends I have had the point beyond which they could not go in our relationships. Some accepted but some did not”.

Speaking during the occasion, the founder of the organisation, Princess Adunni Adediran disclosed that the programme was initiated to reduce immorality that has become the order of the day in the country.

[size=13pt]She said, some of these girls end up suffering from mental disorder [/size] or other deadly diseases including staphylococcus, gonorrhea and the dreadful HIV & AIDS.

This is laughable. What has not been easy for her?

The last time I checked, having a boyfriend is not a priority, it i not even a necessity.

As to the "mental disorder". . . .no be her fault. . . .na lack of education embarassed embarassed chei!!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by dayokanu(m): 12:38am On Feb 15, 2009
Toyin e dey pain you tongue tongue tongue

The girls look like househelps especially the one to the extreme right
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by gozzilla(m): 12:58am On Feb 15, 2009
Hmm,
my respect for them. it is not that easy, you guys have done your family and your faith and yourself a great favour. Is it a favour for your husband or his family that i don't know?

congrats you all
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spoilt(f): 2:18am On Feb 15, 2009
We await the male version. We may wait forever!

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Outstrip(f): 5:46am On Feb 15, 2009
how do they know the girls are virgins
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by OsunAmazon: 8:21am On Feb 15, 2009
no wonder they are virgins!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by OsunAmazon: 8:27am On Feb 15, 2009
The girls look like househelps especially the one to the extreme right
Is your girlfriend/s hotter than them?. The girl at the right side is Sauron's special bush meat. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by OsunAmazon: 8:31am On Feb 15, 2009
If all 43 girls had been confirmed virgins by "Dr Ekemode", how comes only one girl got to clinch the crown then? Can one girl be more virginal than the other?
Yes. Some girls are virgins but have kissed a man or allowed a man touch their boobs before. That one na 3rd class virgin.

Some virgins have neither been touched anywhere by a man nor have they kissed a man before but they've thought or fantasized about men and sex before: That one na 2nd class virgin.

The ones that have neither thought nor gone near a man in their lives even if it's inside the church or bus are the 1st class virgins and they win the award.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by busybodi: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2009
are this virgins from the monkey family?

d last time i checked we have a lot of beautiful virgins out there and not some "iya sikiratus" posing as virgins undecided , no wonder they r still virgins,which man will wanna manage them,i know say na "toto" naim matter lipsrsealed ,but men sef gat to agree say body and facial looks dey matter,imagine how these girls face go be when they r screaming durin orgasm grin grin wowo+wowo=wowologies undecided

if they dont have pretty girls to parade then,let them stop d pageant
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2009
OsunAmazon:

Yes. Some girls are virgins but have kissed a man or allowed a man touch their boobs before. That one na 3rd class virgin.

Some virgins have neither been touched anywhere by a man nor have they kissed a man before but they've thought or fantasized about men and sex before: That one na 2nd class virgin.

The ones that have neither thought nor gone near a man in their lives even if it's inside the church or bus are the 1st class virgins and they win the award.

LOL.

So How did the Dr know who's breast has been touched and who's mouth has been kissed? Did he check for himself? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 9:37am On Feb 15, 2009
Busy body, dem don hammer you? shocked tongue
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by OsunAmazon: 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2009
LOL.

So How did the Dr know who's breast has been touched and who's mouth has been kissed? Did he check for himself?
They test their breasts for finger prints and their mouths for any trace of male DNA. cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by ifyalways(f): 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2009
Funny hwo they look cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by tosinaded(m): 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2009
Good for them
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by SeanT21(f): 2:39am On Feb 16, 2009
rock on virgins!! wink
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 16, 2009
Hehehe cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by jamace(m): 7:26am On Feb 16, 2009
Hmm. These gurls are now in trouble. They have been exposed for some naughty inquisitive guys who will want to confirm their virginity. God have mercy on my innocent gurls.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by spikedcylinder: 7:36am On Feb 16, 2009
OsunAmazon:

They test their breasts for finger prints and their mouths for any trace of male DNA. cheesy cheesy

LOL! You are not a well woman. grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by OsunAmazon: 10:34am On Feb 16, 2009
I suggest they start VIRGIN IDOLS as well in Nigeria so they can go global like the American idol.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by 2Legit: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2009
no wonder they are virgins!

The 2 gals on the left are pretty. If they are fashion conscious and know how to dress sexily, you will appreciate their beauty.

They are more beautiful than most gals here
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2009
2Legit:

The 2 gals on the left are pretty. If they are fashion conscious and know how to dress sexily, you will appreciate their beauty.

They are more beautiful than most gals here

Ok, I hear you.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2009
Based on many articles I read on this forum (having sex at 12 years) I think this (Miss Virginity) is something we should be proud of because it shows that the young ladies have so much self control and will power to stand up for what they believe in.

I also think this is a strong message to the African communities. WAIT. Enjoy your teen life, get an education and get married first before having sex. Ladies, I commend you for your boldness.

Your body is the temple of the Lord and who would want to give it to some random person on a one-night stand or whatever. I know of two people who are still virgins but pretend they are not. Hmm, I guess to fit in with the crowd or whatever. I’ll definitely send them this article so they won’t be ashamed anymore. Personally, I think that waiting makes it even more special on your wedding night. Some folks make sex into a casual; everybody does it, what’s the big deal kind of thing. Keep it up ladies and if the men don’t understand, then they don’t deserve you. In other words, don’t waste your precious time on men who think that having sex is a critical part of a relationship. I just think that you respect yourself and can control yourself better than the rest.

More Power To You Ladies. Big UP!!!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by debosky(m): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2009
Now I see why some people define virginity these days as 'lack of opportunity'. The girls no try. sad grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2009
We should be promoting such things.

Some people would rather have us promote promiscuity. lipsrsealed
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by debosky(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2009
So people need awards to 'promote' virginity?

If you lack the common sense to do the right thing or were not educated, what you need is education not awards.

Some deluded people might begin to engage in backdoor activity in order to remain eligible for 'miss virginity'.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Woodpecker(m): 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2009
U only have to look @ their wo-wo faces to know y they're still virgins, its obviously due to a lack of opportunities. grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Emperoh(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2009
Is she/ are they better off than the wives?
Do they guarantee to be the best wife materials?

Abuse IMHO!!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Mustay(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2009
debosky:

So people need awards to 'promote' virginity?  

If you lack the common sense to do the right thing or were not educated, what you need is education not awards.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

My Mother Is Trying To Turn Me Against My Father. / Nigerian Couple Celebrate Birth Of Their Triplets After 15 Years Of Waiting / What Are The Factors/things That Can Affect Pregnancy & Pregnant Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.