Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? (3020 Views)

Whose Fault Is It If I Go To Hell? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 27, 2015
In the wake of my life, I was groomed well by my mother in Christianity and I held to its precepts with tacit disposition. During secondary school days, I evangelized the lenght and breadth of the school. At the time I reached adolescence, urge to have sex weighed heavily on me and I, at few occassions masturbated. Seeing this as an impediment to my spiritual growth, I prayed to God to render me impotent till my wedding night, but He never answered that prayer. I continued in faith. During my university days, my mother -- my spiritual role model -- fell sick. Family members neglected her 'cause she refuse herbs sourced from witchdoctors. She was taken to hospital by me using money obtained from NGO's. Her suffering was the most incarcerating I've ever seen. Despite grandiose litanies and prayers by me, she died mysteriously on the hospital bed after when her health had been restored but waiting to be discharged. A year later, I fell sick. Headache and sleeplessness are ravaging me till today. I managed to graeduate with 2.2 due to that intermitent headache that often grew worse during exams. After my NYSC, locals in the town where I served, used occult power to chase me out of the town 'cause I sent many packing in a business I knew well how to do. All my investment went down the drain. Now I'm teaching in a secondary school earning 10,000
naira. I opened this thread 'cause of what happened today at a naming ceremony of a church member's child. During the time of offering to be presented to the new baby, my pastor, who's also the proprietor of the school where I work, said, 'God said you should not appear before Him empty-handed. Now raise up your offering'. He observed that I didn't raise up my hand. So, he left his seat and squeezed a 200naira note into my hand. What a shame! That is the man that can't speak English language. If I become an atheist, whose fault is it?
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by adanduka: 8:37pm On May 27, 2015
Don't let trying situations seperate you from God. What is it that shall seperate us from the love of God? Nothing!
I have been through terrible times myself. But I have no doubt that my Redeemer lives.
Just know that when you're lowest the most, victory is at the corner. You will not see that victory if you give up.
Encourage yourself in God!
There is light at the end of the tunnel.
ALL IS WELL!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by indiraserv: 8:55pm On May 27, 2015
Maybe God needs your attention and not in or from the conventional way u are used too
Seek and ye shall find
Daseed4:
In the wake of my life, I was groomed well by my mother in Christianity and I held to its precepts with tacit disposition. During secondary school days, I evangelized the lenght and breadth of the school. At the time I reached adolescence, urge to have sex weighed heavily on me and I, at few occassions masturbated. Seeing this as an impediment to my spiritual growth, I prayed to God to render me impotent till my wedding night, but He never answered that prayer. I continued in faith. During my university days, my mother -- my spiritual role model -- fell sick. Family members neglected her 'cause she refuse herbs sourced from witchdoctors. She was taken to hospital by me using money obtained from NGO's. Her suffering was the most incarcerating I've ever seen. Despite grandiose litanies and prayers by me, she died mysteriously on the hospital bed after when her health had been restored but waiting to be discharged. A year later, I fell sick. Headache and sleeplessness are ravaging me till today. I managed to graeduate with 2.2 due to that intermitent headache that often grew worse during exams. After my NYSC, locals in the town where I served, use occult power to chase me out of the town 'cause I sent many packing in a business I knew well how to do. All my investment went down the drain. Now I'm teaching in a secondary school earning 10,000
naira. I opened this thread 'cause of what happened today at a naming ceremony of a church member's child. During the time of offering to be presented to the new baby, my pastor, who's also the proprietor of the school where I work said, 'God said you should not appear before Him empty-handed. Now raise up your offering'. He observed that I didn't raise up my hand. So, he left his seat and squeezed a 200naira note into my hand. What a shame! That is man that can't speak English language. If I become an atheist, whose fault is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 27, 2015
adanduka:
Don't let trying situations seperate you from God. What is it that shall seperate us from the love of God? Nothing!
I have been through terrible times myself. But I have no doubt that my Redeemer lives.
Just know that when you're lowest the most, victory is at the corner. You will not see that victory if you give up.
ALL IS WELL!
With my type of faith, occult power is the least I regard, but it eventually overpowered me. If you knw me, you will believe that our thoughts about the Scriptures are overhyped... We don't know Him.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by onetrack(m): 9:20pm On May 27, 2015
If you become atheist, you should not 'blame' anyone. You just realized and accepted that religion did not make any sense. I am atheist, and I am the only one responsible for my lack of belief. My own thinking and reading led to my conclusion that all gods are created in man's image and not the other way around.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Godownchild(f): 9:21pm On May 27, 2015
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 27, 2015
point of correction, 'you don't become an atheist' you already originally/naturally were.
as a matter of fact, you were born neutral, until your parents started indoctrinating you, you became theistic.
the question should be...' if you come back to the original/natural you' ....?

8 Likes

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Scholar8200(m): 9:50pm On May 27, 2015
Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all. There are folks who've gone through worse things but they testify to God's faithfulness today. You are obviously depressed like John the baptist was. However, denying God is not the best option. From the way you speak, it seems you believe you'd arrived at the peak of faith but no; it's a journey from faith to faith. Why not set aside time to seek God concerning this? What is the cause? After an unexpected defeat, Joshua did same and it was a life saver. David also did same when a famine of three years ravaged and the cause was revealed. There is no effect without a cause. (is there not a cause?)
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Scholar8200(m): 9:51pm On May 27, 2015
Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all. There are folks who've gone through worse things but they testify to God's faithfulness today. You are obviously depressed like John the baptist was. However, denying God is not the best option. From the way you speak, it seems you believe you'd arrived at the peak of faith but you make Job's mistake; it's a journey from faith to faith. Why not set aside time to seek God concerning this? What is the cause? After an unexpected defeat, Joshua did same and it was a life saver. David also did same when a famine of three years ravaged and the cause was revealed. There is no effect without a cause. (is there not a cause?)
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 27, 2015
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 27, 2015
Godownchild:
I didn't get the last part, is givivng u offering the reason u want to become an atheist?

People pass through trying times

If they chaded you from ur village because u were prospering there then something is wrong somewhere?

Wht of ur dad and sibling?

Sometimes trying times happens to bring us closer to God, also sometimes the devil caan frustate humans to reach their end and give up

I implore you not to give up. If the way uv been praying uv not been seeing results, why not change, what's ur denomination?
If I don't go to church because I didn't have a dime on me this morning, the pastor will say I'm neglecting the gathering of the brethren. And if I go without offering in hand, it is a sin. Is that reasonable? For how long will the pastor be squeezing offering into my hand in the presence of the congregation? I visited many friends today before I could eat twice. What will I eat tomorow. Though I have deviced a way of finding what to eat till when salary is paid, but do you expect me to borow ofering 4 next sunday service?
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 27, 2015
Godownchild:
I didn't get the last part, is givivng u offering the reason u want to become an atheist?

If they chaded you from ur village because u were prospering there then something is wrong somewhere?

Sometimes trying times happens to bring us closer to God, also sometimes the devil caan frustate humans to reach their end and give up

I implore you not to give up. If the way uv been praying uv not been seeing results, why not change, what's ur denomination?
Only my mother was my ally. I have no one.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 27, 2015
Godownchild:

Only my mother was my ally. I have no one. My church is Redeemed church.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 27, 2015
Scholar8200:
Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all. There are folks who've gone through worse things but they testify to God's faithfulness today. You are obviously depressed like John the baptist was. However, denying God is not the best option. From the way you speak, it seems you believe you'd arrived at the peak of faith but you make Job's mistake; it's a journey from faith to faith. Why not set aside time to seek God concerning this? What is the cause? After an unexpected defeat, Joshua did same and it was a life saver. David also did same when a famine of three years ravaged and the cause was revealed. There is no effect without a cause. (is there not a cause?)
Since the time I took up Christianity with all my heart in 1994, I've never won any war apart frm my mysterious graduation frm university amid non-stop sickness. Those u mentioned won some wars b4 dia tryin times.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 12:08am On May 28, 2015
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Scholar8200(m): 12:14am On May 28, 2015
Daseed4:
Since the time I took up Christianity with all my heart in 1994, I've never won any war apart frm my mysterious graduation frm university amid non-stop sickness. Those u mentioned won some wars b4 dia tryin times.
Pls dont be offended, how exactly did you go about taking up Christianity then?
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 12:38am On May 28, 2015
Scholar8200:
Pls dont be offended, how exactly did you go about taking up Christianity then?
My mother groomed me well, but I had experience of newbirth during an alter call of a crusade organised by my church.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:41am On May 28, 2015
Next time the pastor gives you money, put it in your pocket
Tell him you saw a vision and that doG works in mysterious ways if he questions you, then remind him not to question doG
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 6:51am On May 28, 2015
Daseed4:
That post is very revealling. 3days ago, in a dream, my dead grandparents spoke to me. I knew in that dream that I was speaking with dead grandparents bt i was nt afraid of them. They said i'm avoiding what i must do to be free. They said i'm nt doing anytin abt my destiny. They said wake up. Some months ago, i saw myself as a very giant snake that people fear bt do nt run away frm. Your post shows some corelation wit these. Should i PM u?
for security reasons no... There are keywords and links I posted there. It will guide u. There is no mentorship in satanism. U liberate yourself. Good luck to u and have no fear cos they are always with you
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Rilwayne001: 6:57am On May 28, 2015
Daseed4:
If I don't go to church because I didn't have a dime on me this morning, the pastor will say I'm neglecting the gathering of the brethren. And if I go without offering in hand, it is a sin. Is that reasonable? For how long will the pastor be squeezing offering into my hand in the presence of the congregation? I visited many friends today before I could eat twice. What will I eat tomorow. Though I have deviced a way of finding what to eat till when salary is paid, but do you expect me to borow ofering 4 next sunday service?

Is it compulsory that you present offering every sunday ?
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Scholar8200(m): 9:43am On May 28, 2015
Daseed4:
My mother groomed me well, but I had experience of newbirth during an alter call of a crusade organised by my church.
I have this perception that you allowed this to breed and build-up till now and the action of your proprietor is the last straw that broke the Camel's back; from the very first battle you experienced which you did not win, since you had the newbirth, why not go to your Father? I learnt sometimes to challenge God with what He says I am especially when current circumstances appear to contradict, and He answers.
Job 36:7-10
7 He withdraws not His eyes from the righteous (the upright in right standing with God); but He sets them forever with kings upon the throne, and they are exalted.
8 And if they are bound in fetters [of adversity] and held by cords of affliction,
9 Then He shows to them [the true character of] their deeds and their transgressions, that they have acted arrogantly [with presumption and self-sufficiency].
10 He also opens their ears to instruction and discipline, and commands that they return from iniquity.

Verse 7 describes our privilege through Christ; vs 8 shows possibility of there being contradictory circumstances not as a normal thing hence the word 'If'; Vs 9&10 shows the need for revelation on how to go about it, at such times. However this applies not only when sin is involved but when other extraneous, hidden matters are involved.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by plaetton: 2:49pm On May 28, 2015
adanduka:
ALL IS WELL!
Lol.
You do have doubts that your redeemer lives.
That's why you pray more than 3 times every day. You play prayer lottery. If something good happens to you, prayer did it. But when something bad happens, either the devil or faltering faith. So you pray more.
Its similar to the life of an addicted gambler.

4 Likes

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by adanduka: 4:32pm On May 28, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
You do have doubts that your redeemer lives.
That's why you pray more than 3 times every day. You play prayer lottery. If something good happens to you, prayer did it. But when something bad happens, either the devil or faltering faith. So you pray more.
Its similar to the life of an addicted gambler.

If what you wrote up there makes you any happier, then I'm happy too.

2 Likes

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by dalaman: 4:49pm On May 28, 2015
You want to become an atheist because you are finding life difficult? Is that a valid reason? To each his own anyway.

1 Like

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by An2elect2(f): 8:34pm On May 28, 2015
This (op) sounds more like an atheist or satanist trying to discredit Christianity by coming up with some mumbo jumbo tale.

Hey!

*You have not experienced the new birth in Christ, this is very obvious in your post.

*That "church" you described is not a Christian church...why say or rather imply you are still hanging on? Waiting for?

*Okay, doctrines apart, Why didn't you consider other "churches" ? are you so dumb??who you fooling??

*And for this flimsy and moronic reasons, you should consider atheism? like seriously? you think everyone is dumb

*Try harder next time

LIES!!!

1 Like

Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 28, 2015
@An2elect2, Adversities are your best teachers. There are so many things about my travails that I didn't mention in this thread. Because if I say some of them, some nairalanders will know it's me. I have a popular moniker with my real picture. I creatd this for the purpose of this thread. Age should speak!
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Is it compulsory that you present offering every sunday ?
it is not COMPULSORY
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 28, 2015
Daseed4 ,kindly endeavour to always read your Bible when you are down and feel like giving up, Prov. 24:10 says if thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.

And 1cor. 10:13 says there hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above what ye are able------ I believe you shall be victorious in the long run, don't let satan and his minions rejoice over you. Shalom.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 28, 2015
hatbricker:
it is not COMPULSORY
But pastors always quote 'thou shall nt appear before me empty-handed' be asking worshipers to cast their oferings.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 28, 2015
Daseed4:
But pastors always quote 'thou shall nt appear before me empty-handed' be asking worshipers to cast their oferings.
Yes they always say it to encourage people to assist the work of God but that doesn't mean it is a sin if you don't present the offering.
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 28, 2015
No matter what happened, God has not failed you, but humans. Why live God when He has done nothing to you?

When Paul faced a hard time, he stated:

ROM 8:36-39

Just as it is written: “For your sake we are being put to death all day long; we have been accounted as sheep for slaughtering.”b 37 On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victoriousc through the one who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powersd 39 nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our lord
Re: If I Finally Become An Atheist, Whose Fault Is It? by An2elect2(f): 10:18pm On May 28, 2015
Daseed4:
@An2elect2, Adversities are your best teachers. There are so many things about my travails that I didn't mention in this thread. Because if I say some of them, some nairalanders will know it's me. I have a popular moniker with my real picture. I creatd this for the purpose of this thread. Age should speak!

Common. You said you are a child of light. What then are you hiding? Is this not supposed to be very crucial? i mean this is supposed to be your life right? Why then make your identity obscure? You are not serious!

I still maintain my initial stance that you are lying! prove me wrong if you care.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Bible Church Was Very Young (photo) / Ex-pastor Says Jesus Is Fake, The True God Is Chukwu Okike Abiama / You Shall Not Live And Leave In Haste Running For Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.