Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! (77165 Views)

India Vs Nigeria: 99-1 / Football Match INDIA VS NIGERIA: 99-1 ? / INDIA Vs NIGERIA 99-1 Abeg, Who Watch Am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 16, 2009
grin  grin  grin  grin

I heard the India-Nigeria soccer Story too.But in this case the ball i was told changes into a Snake anytime our Nigerian goalkeeper makes an attempt at catchin the ball . . .  grin  grin  grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by tulk2mi: 10:58am On Feb 16, 2009
yeah, heard both stories d india 99 vs nigeria 1 n the thunder balogun especially the quote remember ur left leg. Word was d goal keeper was best ogendegbe.

Our pali dem been don use our head well well, make dem come try am now c who go fall mugu. grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by alex406(m): 11:17am On Feb 16, 2009
Then my people use to tell me not to play  football else i will loose my legs since its all about playing stone and lion head then.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by youngies(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2009
Whoever invented this 'intercontinental lie' deserves some form of recognition from Guinness Book of Records.

My own version was made worse because I heard it from a 'reliable source' - my class teacher!

He narrated it with so much passion as if he was there live in the stadium. Gentlemen, I believed him and I still do believe him till today cool
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 16, 2009
youngies:

Whoever invented this 'intercontinental lie' deserves some form of recognition from Guinness Book of Records.

My own version was made worse because I heard it from a [b]'reliable source' - my class teacher!

He narrated it with so much passion as if he was there live in the stadium. Gentlemen, I believed him and I still do believe him till today[/b] cool
I hope other things he taught you in school were also not fabricated!!!

When my brother used to tell me too, he used to narrate it as if he watched it. Thank God, I have not heard any version saying lions even came out of TV to attack those watching it on TV grin grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2009
i heard the story in my pry 1. was told it was 100-1
sure it must have been a cricket match.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by youngies(m): 11:39am On Feb 16, 2009
Jarus:

I hope other things he taught you in school were also not fabricated!!!

When my brother used to tell me too, he used to narrate it as if he watched it. Thank God, I have not heard any version saying lions even came out of TV to attack those watching it on TV grin grin grin
I believed everything that bloke taught me, nothing was fabricated oo, including teaching me that Things Fall Apart  was written by Cyprian Ekwensi!  cool
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2009
how do i post a new topic?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by blinx4real(m): 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2009
Heard it was 100-1, our only goal was scored by Segun Odegbami and he lost his expensive boot as a result, lol
Luckily for us India was banned by FIFA for 99 years because of this juju match, can you imagine I really believed all this junk because i never saw india in any match
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by spenchuks(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2009
Heard it too, but Segun Odegbemi who happens to be a 'major actor in the movie' has come out to deny any knowledge about the match.

there is even another story i heard about Ivory Coast moving with the stadium whenever they are playing away from home. it was rumoured that
when they are play for instance Nigeria in the National Stadium, they will only be seeing and hearing the chant of their own supporters . . .souds strange abi undecided grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by fyneguy: 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2009
Abeg make una delete this thread o

Make visitors from other countries no begin laugh us o.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by SamMilla1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2009
There is even the other story about how the referee warned okocha never to dribble anybody again, He gets a yellow card each time he does, NAIJA,

No wonder oyibo say na we be the happiest country in the world
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by tkb417(m): 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2009
haaa bros eeee . . .

u wan tell me say u no know say Iindia wire us 99-1 true true ?

in fact it was Thunder Balogun that struck the only ballistic goal into their net . . .all our players were seeing double and the goalie-mepon was just picking goal upon goals from his net
na real golaie-mepon grin grin grin grin

na so i hear the thing o
den talk say the reason why the Indians scored 99 was cos the ball will turn to lion and the goalie (ogedengbe) will run away from his goalpost and as soon as the the thing hit the net, it will turn to a ball.
While all these were going on, the referee didnt see how the ball was changing to a lion o shocked shocked shocked

Then, the only goal was scored by Thunder Balogun who damned all consequences to unleash a ferocious shot into the net. I heared the man fractured his leg cos apparently it was a mould of rock he hit while trying to hit the ball. shocked shocked shocked

kai kai, since then i dey fear Indians even till today.

Fyneguy
delete the thread cos u dont want them to laff us shocked
ahn ahn, make den laff na. how is that a prob?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by invisible2(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2009
These small pikins sef, why una dey doubt the story handed to you by our old papa them. The story is true, just that out of annoyance, FIFA decided to delete the date of the match from all their records and even from Odegbami's memory grin grin

The juju made it possible that the news circulated so fast and stuck to everyone's memory. Me sef na for Nsukka I hear am in my primary 3.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by FILEBE(m): 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2009
but why is india not playing international fooball?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2009
invisible!:

These small pikins sef, why una dey doubt the story handed to you by our old papa them. The story is true, just that out of annoyance, FIFA decided to delete the date of the match from all their records and even from Odegbami's memory grin grin

The juju made it possible that the news circulated so fast and stuck to everyone's memory. Me sef na for Nsukka I hear am in my primary 3.
LOL grin grin grin

Na for Nsukka u hear am! This story knew no tribal or Language barrier.
Muza don confirm say na Kaduna he hear him own. . . . in Hausa I guess
U say na for Nsukka u hear una own. . .in Igbo I guess
Of course, the way we were told our own version in 'conc' Kwara Yoruba, kai, u go think say the story teller dey dia
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by vincentont(m): 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2009
i can't stop laffing oo, grin grin grin grin grin
me too i hear d story wen i dey for pry school(lagos)
i hear say na 100-1 ,if naija score 1 den na we win
infact dat tunder balogiun story i hear am too.
wen i come enter pry 6 i even tell d story to the younger ones
for school den.u knw say we dey do story time for pry school dose days
person way invent dat story try wel wel
but i no fit stop to dey laff
d story na real national story abi na international story now.
infact with dis tread e don bcome international story
naija too much ooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by nickybayo(f): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2009
big big lie
give india cricket
dem go beat nigeria die but d only place i see an india galplay ball is in bend it like beckam apart frm that
them be otu die
99-1 ko, 999-1 ni
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2009
wen i come enter pry 6 i even tell d story to the younger ones
You also passed on the myth. . .you also spread the 'gospel'.
The story was just too interesting not to be spread to one's immediate younger ones when one was growing up, before one also knew it was a lie!!
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by alex406(m): 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2009
Jarus:

You also passed on the myth. . .you also spread the 'gospel'.
The story was just too interesting not to be spread to one's immediate younger ones when one was growing up, before one also knew it was a lie!!
It was tremendous that even a father cannot do without telling his children.Real Fiction, National Lie i call it.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Phemzy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2009
It is a first class lie, generational lie and intercontinental lie.

I heard it from several people when I was young, and I believe it because of some many people confirming it.

What I still don't understand is that, why is India not playing football?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by vincentont(m): 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2009
this is so amazing
i ask most of my colleages in office
and they all confirm hearing the story
infact they belive the story
me too i belive the story now
hw did it spread like water if there is no atom of truth in it
well 100-1 yet wat i heard was dat we won the match
due to d juju they use
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Omolola1(f): 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2009
una no go give person heart attack shocked

When i saw the topic, i thimk say na true true india beat nigeria 99 - 0 cry

I no know say na the one wey happpen centuries ago grin
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by cvibe: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2009
Omolala,

India was banned since that match with Nigeria
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by CrazyMan(m): 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2009
If at all such story is true, there would have been video clips of the match.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by osisi2(f): 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2009
crazykid:

If at all such story is true, there would have been video clips of the match.

which video?
juju go come appear for video?
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by SamMilla1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2009
no mind am, i dey tell u say it happened.
my senior brother who never lie to me was there,
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by xpagnol: 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2009
men i kant help my lafmataaz in this thread.
i heard the ball turns into a notorious brooding hen or into a bunch of palm fruits.

SO I HEARD AND SO I SHALL TELL OTHERS,

PLZ GUYS LET US HOLD THIS GREAT RUMOUR HIGH.iloverumors,
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by msnigeria(m): 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2009
omg!!!!!!!! so, this story isn't true!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2009
This simply goes to show that naija had the most advanced form of communication since like decades ago. (amebo/rumor mongers). We just didn't know it.
Chei. The entire nation heard all this blatant lies.

Anyway, the only true one is the prick one oh.
@invisible!

Omo i tell you say i dey dia live and direct. When the oyinbo man's prick disappeared, the guy removed his "paaint" and we saw a blank space oohh. As the guy returned the prick, the space just filled up again and he showed us that he know had a black prick. I could tell the prick was definitely not his because it was "big"
No disrespect to my small prick oyinbo bruhss, tongue
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by Remii(m): 12:27am On Feb 17, 2009
A-town:

This simply goes to show that naija had the most advanced form of communication since like decades ago. (amebo/rumor mongers). We just didn't know it.
Chei. The entire nation heard all this blatant lies.

Anyway, the only true one is the prick one oh.
@invisible!

Omo i tell you say i dey dia live and direct. When the oyinbo man's prick disappeared, the guy removed his "paaint" and we saw a blank space oohh. As the guy returned the prick, the space just filled up again and he showed us that he know had a black prick. I could tell the prick was definitely not his because it was "big"
No disrespect to my small prick oyinbo bruhss, tongue

A-Town: Confirm please, Osodi been disappear come Mowe yesterday the place don return or he still dey move towards Abuja.
Re: India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am! by chokomilo: 7:46am On Feb 17, 2009
the story i hear was that india was so good at everything and they threw their javeline so far that it was never recovered, apparently, it is still flying shocked, they were given the prize grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Footballer Akeem Omolade Found Dead In His Car In Italy (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Blasts Punch Newspaper For Fabricating False Stories About Him / Drogba Pictured With Mbappe At The Ballon D'or, 10 Years After Turning Him Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.