Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,056 members, 7,807,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. (40796 Views)

NAFDAC Confiscates Fake Drugs Worth N25million In Warri, Seal Shops / Nafdac Arrest Man With Fake Drugs Worth N40million In Asaba / NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
dominique:
It could either be that the code was duplicated or that the drug is authentic just that someone else tried the code earlier.
what re u saying eeh?how can some1 tried the code yu scratch ursef last 3month?

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Matttthew(m): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
sirugos:
drug is amu nna gi
English plsss.... sad
N don't corrupt my church mind.... tongue

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by dandollar1: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
jomoh:
On the 24 of May I went to a local chemist to buy Lumertem an ani malaria drug to use. I had been feeling feverish since arriving from Abuja on a night journey the previous day.

When I got home, I settled down to take the four prescribed tablets as the first dosage. After plucking out the tablets from the sachet, I decided to check the verification pin on the container. So I scratched the card and sent the pin to the short code provided, only to receive a message saying "the code was a valid code but was used on 2015-3-26 at 21:42:31 by 2348****32184".

So Nairalanders, beware and inform your Family members to always confirm the code before taking those drugs. Its free to confirm. No charges.

See the pictures below.

Will get back with a clearer picture of the code on the box.
Nna, na one person go swallow all these? I developed stomach discomfort immediately I saw this pic. I hate tablets, prefer injections.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by xmich(m): 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
When the leaders are corrupt.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,_,,,___,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by mployer(m): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
dominique:
It could either be that the code was duplicated or that the drug is authentic just that someone else tried the code earlier.

Someone else tried the code, the drug is authentic.

Fake drug producers have no time to start copying and duplicating codes. How many codes they wan duplicate?
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by sebak(f): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
Emeca:
OP.....that could have been another customer who wanted to buy the drug and later changed his/her mind. Did u think of that??
How ll a customer scratch d silver panel and return, dts impossible definitely sm1 as forge d code and sent it... @OP tnx 4 d inform @tyms immediately I see d code I always think is an authentic drug

2 Likes

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by pinky92(f): 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
endangering lives to make money.... thank God u checked.
pinkygist..com
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
Princenady:

this must be a yoruba poster
grin smh grin
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by dustydee: 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
jomoh:
On the 24 of May I went to a local chemist to buy Lumertem an ani malaria drug to use. I had been feeling feverish since arriving from Abuja on a night journey the previous day.

When I got home, I settled down to take the four prescribed tablets as the first dosage. After plucking out the tablets from the sachet, I decided to check the verification pin on the container. So I scratched the card and sent the pin to the short code provided, only to receive a message saying "the code was a valid code but was used on 2015-3-26 at 21:42:31 by 2348****32184".

So Nairalanders, beware and inform your Family members to always confirm the code before taking those drugs. Its free to confirm. No charges.

See the pictures below.

Did you return it to the pharmacy?
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Danfuster(m): 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
sirugos:
drug is amu nna gi
Matttthew:

English plsss.... sad
N don't corrupt my church mind.... tongue

Hehehe.... "AMU" which is the short for APAMU my Yoruba fellas will surely decipher that. wink

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by ebony2011(m): 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
You already qualified the place as a Local Chemist, What do you expect from there?
Secondly a lot of issues have been raised about that scratch card. Such as network error,invalid code where the drug is known to be Original. Just have faith in what you buy.

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by ki02020(m): 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
Emeca:
OP.....that could have been another customer who wanted to buy the drug and later changed his/her mind. Did u think of that??

It ment to be secret code so if was scratched before purchase then it has been tampered with

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by ceejay80s(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
jomoh:

See the pictures below.

Report the pharmacist that sold the drug to u, the police will trace the criminal
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by jomoh: 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
Emeca:

Nope I scratched the card myself and sent the code.

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
jomoh:
When I got home, I settled down to take the four prescribed tablets as the first dosage.
Firstly, this medicine wasn't prescribed by physician, avoid self medication and please correct the statement.
Back to the matter, I for one and few other pharmacists have always kicked agained the use of sms notification to determine the authenticity of a particular drug, what this means is leaving the judgement as to whether a drug is fake or not to the IT firm managing the sms platform, what if there was system failure or a mix up. We have a regulatory body (NAFDAC) whose job should be to independently curb influx of fake products even before they get to the shelves in the pharmacy. i still believe they should do more...

2 Likes

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Princenady(m): 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Yes, a proud unadulterated omo oduduwa. You have a problem with that? undecided

Must u show ursef for d world to see
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Princenady(m): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
chimkaire:
grin smh grin
i like ur eyes and teeth. asa mma.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by DjAndroid: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
dominique:

The code is always sealed, just like recharge cards.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Jonwesley(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Please OP where are you leaving?
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Princenady:

i like ur eyes and teeth. asa mma.
grin
Ndaalu cheesy embarassed
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by ThisMeansWAR: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
Bad business for those BIAFRAudans from aba
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
Princenady:

Must u show ursef for d world to see
I am a light to the world. I can't stop shinning even if I tried to. Any problem with that too?

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Princenady(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
chimkaire:
grin Ndaalu cheesy embarassed
nnoo nnem...jisie ike

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Princenady(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I am a light to the world. I can't stop shinning even if I tried to. Any problem with that too?

if u r d 1 on ur dp den u cant be d lyt of d world....
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Temidayo9(m): 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
tunde1200:
abeg which code be that to send pin to again just seeing this first time.
oh boy which country you dey?
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by austinbrown: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
Same thing happened to me last week, I bought lumaten @ family chemist Umuahia after taking the drug the malaria continued, pls guys be careful with this medicine o
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by dapsin999(m): 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thanks OP. I just confirmed a drug I've bn using for the past 4 days.
Chai I fear small as if I was waiting to get HIV result

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by JuanDeDios: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Emeca:
He scratched it himself.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Emdee590(m): 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
dominique:
Guy na lie ! I run a patent med store and I clearly understand what the op is talking about . There are many drugs that are like that , take for example , I bought a box of funbact a cream...no difference what so ever between the original and the fake...got scratch pin infact everything on it but alarm blew when a customer made a complain to me and I decide to take a tube of the cream to verify the code , lo and behold ! Na shocking message I got thereby , making me to scratched more than one tube guess what ! All the tube got same scratch pin.

Another experience na lonart tablet for adult.

So please make una dae wise ooo because in drugs now, we have CHINA made too

3 Likes

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by JuanDeDios: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
dominique:
Forget it. Someone reused a number originally assigned to a genuine product to try to pass off a fake one.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
Welcome to Nigeria, country wey be say everytin na FAKE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Despite Lockdown, Lagos, Ogun Cases Rise By 100% In 11 Days; Abuja 150 / Stick Used As Drip Stand In Kebbi Hospital (Photos) / Amazing Transformation Of A Nigerian Who Was Sick For 9 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.