Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. (40795 Views)

NAFDAC Confiscates Fake Drugs Worth N25million In Warri, Seal Shops / Nafdac Arrest Man With Fake Drugs Worth N40million In Asaba / NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by amparas(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
Emeca:
OP.....that could have been another customer who wanted to buy the drug and later changed his/her mind. Did u think of that??
u forget say dem d cover d pin ? grin grin
person must scratch d shiny silver ish before e fit see d number
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Emdee590(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
bornmekus:
That's a good alert,But next time please allow a Pharmacist to prescribe drugs for you and kindly buy drugs from a pharmaceutical stores not chemist because,most of the chemists are fake.HEALTH IS WEALTH.BE WISE!
I totally disagree with you, who told you you cannot find fake drugs with pharmacist ?

D tin be say fake drugs now no dae show for face ooo for now , na that short scratch pin dae help . Even the pin sef Naem dae dae duplicate give thousand of drugs now. Make nafdac stand up ooo
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by tellwisdom: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
You took bus when u can take flight. Are you poor?? sad
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by nedu2000(m): 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
dominique:
It could either be that the code was duplicated or that the drug is authentic just that someone else tried the code earlier.
some1 trying d code earlier is out of it,as the code requires that u scratch it,for it to emerge just like ur N1500 mtn recharge card
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Oringo1: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Just checked my now and got below message. Though i forgot to check before taken the pills
.OK
Genuine Coartem.
Your PIN:3008064080953
NRN:B4-0262
Problem? Call 08039012929
NAFDAC & Novartis Care
Sproxil SMS
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Emdee590(m): 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
voltron:
WHY EVEN BOTHER... Health is Wealth.. get imported ones from recognized pharmaceutical companies not Rahmat Medical Industries Ogba.
Spare me that ! Which imported ones ? I know of some persons wey dae order substandard drugs from china, so how do you call such people drugs ? Imported ones that are original ?
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by jomoh: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ceejayo:

Firstly, this medicine wasn't prescribed by physician, avoid self medication and please correct the statement.
Back to the matter, I for one and few other pharmacists have always kicked agained the use of sms notification to determine the authenticity of a particular drug, what this means is leaving the judgement as to whether a drug is fake or not to the IT firm managing the sms platform, what if there was system failure or a mix up. We have a regulatory body (NAFDAC) whose job should be to independently curb influx of fake products even before they get to the shelves in the pharmacy. i still believe they should do more...

And what do you suggest one should do when buying drugs, take it to NAFDAC for verification?

So far the IT platform is still the only platform to confirm the authenticity of a drug. It only remains for NADAC to start regulating it and standardize it to make it more effective.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by yorubaboiy: 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I don't leave the pharmacy without getting an OK message from the dedicated shortcode. Health is Wealth!
@OP, you try wey you even don comot the drug put for hand before you send message.

Yes, a proud unadulterated omo oduduwa. You have a problem with that? undecided
u nailed the head on the tail grin grin grin...
.enle o.....omo kaaro ojire
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by jomoh: 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
tellwisdom:

Mr rich man. I no poor but I dey broke.

Even if I no broke, I no fit risk my life in this Nigerian AircasketsCrafts
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Emdee590(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
sebak:

How ll a customer scratch d silver panel and return, dts impossible definitely sm1 as forge d code and sent it... @OP tnx 4 d inform @tyms immediately I see d code I always think is an authentic drug
Better just stop thinking like that ooo because d china types sef get pin
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
yorubaboiy:
u nailed the head on the tail grin grin grin...
.enle o.....omo kaaro ojire
enle o, omo iya mi............Oluwa a ma wa pelu yin o. Omo Ibadan ni emi......eyin nko?
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by yorubaboiy: 11:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
enle o, omo iya mi............Oluwa a ma wa pelu yin o. Omo Ibadan ni emi......eyin nko?
ekiti

2 Likes

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
yorubaboiy:
ekiti
Fountain of Knowledge cool Ilu awon olopolo ati awon ojogbon.

1 Like

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 09, 2015
dominique:
It could either be that the code was duplicated or that the drug is authentic just that someone else tried the code earlier.
u must scratch the silver coat off first before the figures are revealed.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by mamajaz(f): 2:38am On Jun 09, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I don't leave the pharmacy without getting an OK message from the dedicated shortcode. Health is Wealth!
@OP, you try wey you even don comot the drug put for hand before you send message.

Yes, a proud unadulterated omo oduduwa. You have a problem with that? undecided
I think its because your pidgin no flow...
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 09, 2015
tellwisdom:

So anybody wey take bus now na poor person...I tire for your reasoning o.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by sebak(f): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2015
Emdee590:

Better just stop thinking like that ooo because d china types sef get pin
Tnx I ll start taking my time by sending d code
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:10am On Jun 09, 2015
mamajaz:

I think its because your pidgin no flow...
undecided Would you like to come and teach me pidgin in my private bedroom? kiss

I dey joke o grin
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Polithiefcian(m): 7:38am On Jun 09, 2015
jomoh:

The code is always on a little scratch card usually attached to the box.

If it is duplicated, then there must have been some sharp practices on the part of the manufacturer.

Cc: lalasticlala is this topic not worth being on the front page to save people from falling victim.

So u don't kno dat NL mods nor get sense undecided
They just ban 4 no reason.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by ubongutioh(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2015
bornmekus:
That's a good alert,But next time please allow a Pharmacist to prescribe drugs for you and kindly buy drugs from a pharmaceutical stores not chemist because,most of the chemists are fake.HEALTH IS WEALTH.BE WISE!
Doctors prescribe drugs, pharmacist produce and dispense drugs.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Felvet(f): 8:21am On Jun 09, 2015
mployer:

Someone else tried the code, the drug is authentic.

Fake drug producers have no time to start copying and duplicating codes. How many codes they wan duplicate?
You can't try the code without scratching the silver face off. It must be a duplicate, either from fake producers or a mistake from the original producers.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 09, 2015
Emdee590:

Spare me that ! Which imported ones ? I know of some persons wey dae order substandard drugs from china, so how do you call such people drugs ? Imported ones that are original ?

Tell SME, why are our local pharmaceutical companies not making inroads abroad or internationally. Smhh.
There are standards and we can't make the cut. Plain and simple. Why put my life in the hands of a manufacturer who cuts quality, can pay authorities to look the other way and has never won one award for quality medicines. Keep chopping local. Magaquine and bokoquine
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by jomoh: 8:54am On Jun 09, 2015
Polithiefcian:

Ha now I don confirm am.

I even mailed them to demand an explanation but they never thought it wise or as a matter of courtesy to reply.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by bornmekus: 9:00am On Jun 09, 2015
ubongutioh:

Noted.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by mickey45: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2015
agulion:
Very bad, the importer relatives might also fall victim

I don't think they mind o!
Met a guy at a gathering recently who was proud to tell us (in d guise of money-making opportunities) that his "rich" uncle changes the wraps of expired drugs into new/recent ones and he hopes to start something similar very soon.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Emdee590(m): 11:37am On Jun 09, 2015
ubongutioh:

Abeg tellam
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by tunde1200(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
no crime for asking now....

Temidayo9:
oh boy which country you dey?
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by tunde1200(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
wetin be this na

Polithiefcian:

Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Bflexing(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Thanks for the info
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by missfidelis7: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
dominique:

He said he scratched it b4 sending. Which simply means it was duplicated.
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by Rosemary216(f): 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nawa oo... Most times sendin dat code slips my mind!
Re: Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. by mamajaz(f): 2:28am On Jun 29, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
undecided Would you like to come and teach me pidgin in my private bedroom? kiss

I dey joke o grin
Olodo, let babajaz and jaz dem catch u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Despite Lockdown, Lagos, Ogun Cases Rise By 100% In 11 Days; Abuja 150 / Stick Used As Drip Stand In Kebbi Hospital (Photos) / Amazing Transformation Of A Nigerian Who Was Sick For 9 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.