Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation (9684 Views)

Lagos Cancels Monthly Environmental Sanitation Officially / Court Nullifies Movement Restriction During Lagos Monthly Sanitation / UAE Introduces Strict Visa Age Restriction For Nigerians Travelling To Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by etenyong(m): 7:01am On May 28, 2015
The Lagos State Government says it has cancelled the restriction of movement during the May edition of the monthly sanitation scheduled for Saturday.

The Commissioner for the Environment, Tunji Bello, said the decision was to allow for a hitch-free inauguration of the incoming Governor of the state, Akinwunmi Ambode, and the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.

The commissioner explained that the cancellation of the restriction on movement would allow Nigerians to fully participate in the inauguration and other planned ceremonies.

Bello further stated that the cancellation would allow easy transportation of fuel from tank farms in the state to other parts of the country.

The commissioner said, “The Lagos State Government has cancelled restriction of human and vehicular activities during the May monthly sanitation coming up this Saturday as the state prepares for the swearing-in/inauguration ceremony of the new governor.

“This cancellation is to allow for a hitch-free swearing-in and inauguration coming up both in Lagos and Abuja. The restriction of movement was lifted in order to allow full participation of our people during the state and national inauguration ceremonies.

“The restriction of movement was lifted to also allow easy transportation of fuel from the various tank farms from Lagos to other parts of the nation, as well as allow normalcy to return to our roads. The next edition of the cleaning exercise will come up in June.”

The commissioner said the government still expected Lagosians, who were not travelling for the inaugurations, to clean their homes, drainage channels and the environment.

He added that waste managers would be available to remove wastes generated during the cleaning exercise.

Bello said, “As we gradually approach the peak of the rainy seasons Lagosians should dispose their waste through accredited operators, and avoid dumping wastes in drains.

“The government is intensifying its mid-rain deflooding programme in order to reduce the incidence of flooding to the barest minimum in the state.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-cancels-movements-restriction-for-may-sanitation/
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Nobody: 7:05am On May 28, 2015
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by thunder74(m): 7:20am On May 28, 2015
Good! Hope my tenants I proposed to meet at 7am on Saturday will not run away because of this development.

In March no restrictions (election), Last month there was no restrictions (common entrance exams) and this month again, no restrictions, Next month will be for the celebration of Ambode 30 days in office. Lagos don dey take style style obey the judgement that barred them from restricting movement during sanitation.

Edited
One Tenant called some minutes ago requesting to be excused from the meeting that she just remembered that they are going to have "elders meeting" in their church and will be back on Saturday evening. See wetin Fash don cause for me now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by idithlove(f): 7:39am On May 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Nobody: 7:40am On May 28, 2015
We don hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by GogetterMD(m): 7:40am On May 28, 2015
Yipee!
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by georjay(m): 7:40am On May 28, 2015
Isokay
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by solid3(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2015
Them they fear court contempt hahaha.

Them for restrict movement na.
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by solid3(m): 7:42am On May 28, 2015
This second plot is for sale to highest bidder.
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by barry40: 7:43am On May 28, 2015
I hope people will maintain personal sanitation so that Lagos will not go back to what it used to be. But for now, I will say the regained hours can be used productively.

Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2015
Good. How far with the court case sef
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Donpeak(f): 7:43am On May 28, 2015
yoowa.! this one i make am por pront fage straight..abi Seun, na me i write am ;Dyoowa.
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by korel9: 7:44am On May 28, 2015
Well, here in Russia we don't observe sanitations undecided
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by folabayo1(f): 7:44am On May 28, 2015
I want to dedicate this song to gej!
He's goin goin,he's goin goin,he's goin goin he's gone. angry

Abeg. A million likes for this man atleast he tried in his own little way.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by ijoawilo: 7:44am On May 28, 2015
good
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by loashi(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]Gud development
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Realdeals(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2015
No awoof! atleast to celebrate Ambode ascendancy
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by bastien: 7:46am On May 28, 2015
That day Arsenal will be crown fa cup champion grin
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Hysmady(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2015
Good...So we can feel the fresh air of change and new governance in Nigeria.....#Peace cool
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Krestkross: 7:46am On May 28, 2015
How does the monthly sanitation affect anuaguration ??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by ednut1(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2015
nice one, meaning i can enter buka and eat my fav bread and beans by 9pm grin
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by ralph28(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2015
Good.
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by Maczeelly(m): 7:48am On May 28, 2015
Yeah
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by dotna(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2015
cheesy let's party up
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by efilefun(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2015
Thats a nice idea cuz Nigerians would still be celebrating "freedom" from the clueless one
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by portaableg(f): 7:49am On May 28, 2015
Why? Eko ti baje oh
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by nerodenero: 7:49am On May 28, 2015
Organisers of Owanbe parties would be happy at this development grin
Re: Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation by lordtech(m): 7:51am On May 28, 2015
Wow, Good to know cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Need Blood Donors In Zaria,kaduna - NEMA / President Buhari To Visit Cameroon From 29-30 July, 2015. / 2023: Why PDP Must Zone Presidency To The South East - Nnaemeka U Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.