Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) (36967 Views)

Buhari Inspecting Dadin Kowa Dam Project In Gombe In 1975 (Photo) / Photo: Throwback Photo Of Buhari As Governor In 1975, So Handsome / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by lalasticlala(m): 8:24am On May 28, 2015
Muhammed Buhari, as Governor of North Eastern State in 1975. Credit: Camera Press,London smiley

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeeMeSeeNigeria/status/603589194359922688

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by U235weapongrade: 8:24am On May 28, 2015
...lalasticlala just gave me my FTC on a platter of Gold..

To crown it all up,it is a thread that has to do with the People's General...

ALLAH bless you,our C in C...

Heard APC governors want to help you with your cabinet list.... Tell them to also go and meet each of the LG chairmen in dia respective states and collect at least 3 names from each LG for appointments as commissioners...

Goodluck in dis four yrs..you will need it sire..
But it's still Good work and not Good luck..

45 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by mercy1196: 8:25am On May 28, 2015
Mr President... Come 2mao

14 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by efilefun(m): 8:25am On May 28, 2015
What GMB was not able to complete during his short term in power, He is back to complete the mission and he got a visionary and knowledgeable prof with him on this.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by KingTom(m): 8:26am On May 28, 2015
This was when Baba smoked a lot of weed, I just respect this man for his sincerity and honesty. When asked in a 2012 interview about his life then, he said he had many girlfriends but did not drink, that as young soldiers IBB and co were escaping to see girls, while girls were escaping to see him grin My best quote was
"I smoked a lot, but I stopped all that when I got married, I had to be responsible, but I lived my life to the fullest"

Muhammadu Buhari my hero cool

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by eleojo23: 8:26am On May 28, 2015
Mr. President-elect, Nigerians have placed a lot of expectations on you that I cannot help but wonder how you are going to fulfil all of them. I can only wish you well as you assume office.

Don't get carried away by the sycophancy of your supporters who want you to think that you are infallible.
I pray that your administration will be successful for the good of us all. However, don't think you will fix all the problems facing the country within four years. (I believe you know that already). It is a gradual process.
Take your time to set up solid structures upon which future developments can be built and sustained.

Watch your back and beware of the sycophants for the people who sing your praises today are the same people who will turn around to stone you tomorrow.

Don't reject good advice in an attempt to assert your position as the Commander-in-chief
Listen to good advice and let your decisions be for the collective good of the nation.

All the best.
God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by dre11(m): 8:26am On May 28, 2015
This picture reminds me of those black and white era..........

when we never knew we could have coloured photograph.......

***** back to the picture.
The man is just as simple as you get
Even his pictures defines simplicity

One day......... We the youth would rightly take back what belongs to us when we understand how to play smarter, intelligent and smoothly than this old men who keep recycling themselves to power

11 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by midolian(m): 8:27am On May 28, 2015
Fine man..The only reason we have to smile as Nigerians today. I ll always be proud of u. God be your guide

Taylor86:
ewuu
hope you had fun yesterday.. Happy children's day in arrears

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by eyeview: 8:29am On May 28, 2015
I weep for this generation of today. Their birthright have been sold and shared by their fathers.
Look at how young he was as a governor. Imagine if a youth of similar age comes up to contest for governorship today,I can bet that the greatest attack such person will get will be his 'age' and how he's too young to rule and his greatest attackers will be his fellow youths starting with those in Nairaland.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by boolet: 8:29am On May 28, 2015
Dem say na IBB fine pass. IMHO, na Buhari oo. Beauty, brain and brawn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by Nobody: 8:29am On May 28, 2015
tyrant

traitor

2 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by Kineticist(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2015
My President,My President.....He has always been handsome

3 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by boolet: 8:29am On May 28, 2015
eyeview:
I weep for this generation of today. Their birthright have been sold and shared by their fathers.
Look at how young he was as a governor. Imagine if a youth of similar age comes up to contest for governorship today,I can bet that the greatest attack such person will get will be his 'age' and how he's too young to rule and his greatest attackers will be his fellow youths starting with those in Nairaland.
You are right, to an extent.

6 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by jnrbayano(m): 8:31am On May 28, 2015
He was 33years then...About my age.
Leaders of tomorrow perfectly in order.

Now he is 73years...About my father's age.

Why wont they allow us the leaders of tomorrow to come into limelight?

Not fair!!

16 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by Nobody: 8:31am On May 28, 2015
midolian:
Fine man..The only reason we have to smile as Nigerians today. I ll always be proud of u. God be your guide

ewuu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by midolian(m): 8:31am On May 28, 2015
eyeview:
What about the Niger state PDP guber candidate? The Nigeria politics of today has to do with how much wealth you have acquired and how influential you are..And that's why the young ones are behind.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by Firefire(m): 8:32am On May 28, 2015
[size=15pt]Nigeria! A place where leaders are being recycled since 1960 and the youth are helpless.[/size]

Congrats to the returnees

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by bruno419(m): 8:32am On May 28, 2015
where is the future of the present youths. ......we are really the leaders of next tomorrow

5 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On May 28, 2015
jnrbayano:
He was 33years then...leaders of tomorrow perfectly in order.

Now he is 73years...

Why wont they allow us the leaders tomorrow to come into limelight?

Not fair!!

wen we've greedy and unsatisfied leaders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On May 28, 2015
eyeview:
Ashinu, what is stopping you? Bankole was Speaker in his 30s

6 Likes

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by walexGodson(m): 8:33am On May 28, 2015
Handsome man

1 Like

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by agarawu23(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by McEwen(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2015
KingTom:
This was when Baba smoked a lot of weed, I just respect this man for his sincerity and honesty. When asked in a 2012 interview about his life then, he said he had many girlfriends but did not drink, that as young soldiers IBB and co. we're escaping to see girls, while girls were escaping to see him grin My best quote was
"I smoked a lot, but I stopped all that when I got married, I had to be responsible, but I lived my life to the fullest"

Seconded! cool

1 Like

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by midolian(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2015
Badbelle's be swelling like poor man garri.. You ll still be consumed.
Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by Nobody: 8:37am On May 28, 2015
midolian:
hope you had fun yesterday.. Happy children's day in arrears

same to u

hope ur birthday went well

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by milliemillz(f): 8:38am On May 28, 2015
eyeview:
nice one here bro. but dont you think that the youth of this generation are rather too ambitious and kinda greedy to have such post?
Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by KingTom(m): 8:39am On May 28, 2015
McEwen:
Seconded! cool
cool
Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by eyeview: 8:40am On May 28, 2015
midolian:
What about the Niger state PDP guber candidate? The Nigeria politics of today has to do with how much wealth you have acquired and how influential you are..And that's why the young ones are behind.

The Niger PDP guber candidate was born in 1975(40yrs) and yet he is the youngest candidate in the Nation, yet he is now considered a youth but Buhari was governor in 1975 at the age of 33(born in 1942). You see what is happening? The 'youth' age is gradually being shifted into those in their 40's while they ruled in the 20's and early 30's. And sadly the present generation has accepted it as so and thus can't strive for any elective post till they are well into their 40's.

1 Like

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by nerodenero: 8:40am On May 28, 2015
There was high hopes in 2011 when Jona took over and now all hopes on GMB. Hope this hope won't be dashed? To be different, he must do something different. I wish him the best but come 2019,we shall again evaluate if he deserves more or not.

Above all, I see a new Nigeria.
Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by abduljabbar4(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2015
Patiently waiting for tomorrow.
Congratulations@Nigerians. Change has come

1 Like

Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by abduljabbar4(m): 8:45am On May 28, 2015
KingTom:
This was when Baba smoked a lot of weed, I just respect this man for his sincerity and honesty. When asked in a 2012 interview about his life then, he said he had many girlfriends but did not drink, that as young soldiers IBB and co. we're escaping to see girls, while girls were escaping to see him grin My best quote was

Most Katsina people smoke a lot so he was just following suit
Re: Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) by ThisisBuhari: 8:46am On May 28, 2015
Governor of North Eastern State

In August 1975, after General Murtala Mohammed took power that year, he appointed Buhari as Governor of the North-Eastern State, to oversee social, economic and political improvements in the state.

In February 1976, the North Eastern state was divided by the Military Government into Bauchi, Borno and Gongola states. In August 1991, Yobe state was created from Borno state, while Gongola state was split into two states, Taraba and Adamawa. In October 1996, Gombe State was created from Bauchi State.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military to launch Operation Ex-Crocodile Smile In Niger Delta / 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / Taraba Kidnap Kingpin, Wadume, Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.