Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery (47888 Views)

Anambra Exports Vegetables To The US And Europe - Snapshot / Some Mistakes Catfish Breeders Make #2 / Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whizpeter:
I wonder the kinda odour that room will be emitting with the poor ventilation

That's one thing with that kind of business in such an environment. I once went to check a friend who was doing his IT in a school fish farm, hmmmm, to say the odour of the entire environment was very offensive would be an understatement. I mean, this was a place that no one was leaving near, then talk of this one that the next room is used as a living room. I think health implication shouldnt be undervalued there. It's a nice business but proper health and environmental implications shouldnt be compromised.

3 Likes

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by freelife4all(m): 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nice work, keep the dream on. Love your initiative.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
aguiyi:
Nigeria youths always surviving on personal effort

shame on the govt abeg.
Must everyone live on the government?? undecided
Let me tell you! If you want to be [size=30pt] wealthy[/size] in this life, better get your focus off how the government can help you.

I'm yet to see a man the government made rich. Except you want to be a polithiefcian. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by pocohantas(f): 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
chax100:

I did like your comment but shame to that daft who allow his mother to the insulted. It's no news that youth are faced with myraids of challenges, and he finds someone trying to make ends meet, instead of encouraging his effort he was insulting and demoralising him.

Babe, thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by ngbede1984: 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nice one. More greace to ur elbow.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by ngbede1984: 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
pocohantas:

Babe, thanks for your understanding.
If one has an issue with someone, settle it out with the person. Leave out the mother. You know those days we were kids, once someone insults our mother, na serious fight.
Let alone her womb, no...no, that's rubbish. Shows a lot about the person. If you respect your mum, it would be difficult, very difficult to insult another mother.

The guy only criticised, though it came out rudely. I reasoned in same line, though I would have asked the question differently e.g, won't that pond make the house stink?. The weapon the other guy had against him was to respond politely not otherwise. It works...

You must be a peace lover. May God bless you for your kindhearted mind.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by SisterCaro(m): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
I hope your business goes well
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by themodernman: 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
Who say you have to spend fortune to have a successful breeding operations. Here are few shot from my 3bedroom apartment. I use just one of the room aside my farm as experiment and see what I have.

I did this to complement 'robonski' article on the need for grow-out farmers to own their own hatchery. I set out to design a easy to construct and easy to manage sit-at-home wooden vat for our breeding pleasure

Whatever your capacity there is always a design for you: Water Recyclelatory System, Plastics flow-through, wooden, concrete ponds etc. We solve all your breeding related problems.

Our fish industry must survive against all odds. That's our determination and our aim @ solving our problems.

Here in Benin-city where fish just vanish into thin here due to poor water PH.

www.catfishplus.
www.Facebook.com/NaijaCatfishBreeders
Olaidemuyiwa@gmail.com

See as d fish just dey swim for Jacuzzi.

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by themodernman: 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
Who say you have to spend fortune to have a successful breeding operations. Here are few shot from my 3bedroom apartment. I use just one of the room aside my farm as experiment and see what I have.

I did this to complement 'robonski' article on the need for grow-out farmers to own their own hatchery. I set out to design a easy to construct and easy to manage sit-at-home wooden vat for our breeding pleasure

Whatever your capacity there is always a design for you: Water Recyclelatory System, Plastics flow-through, wooden, concrete ponds etc. We solve all your breeding related problems.

Our fish industry must survive against all odds. That's our determination and our aim @ solving our problems.

www.catfishplus.
Olaidemuyiwa@gmail.com

See as d fish just dey swim for Jacuzzi.

How much for the whole set-up, I mean d capital- fishes inclusive.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Jennifer89(f): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
ZAMZINE:

DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA HOW YOUR MOTHER'S WOMB SMELT LIKE WHEN SHE DELIVERED YOU WITH POOR VENTILATION? STILL YOU SURVIVED BUT GREW UP WITHOUT COMMON SENSE.

Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
cool...
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Bacteriocin(m): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
I have a half plot of land that I can make use of for this catfish biz but I don't have an idea of the whole tin @ all. anyone with useful step by step explanation of how I can start should drop it here please. Thanking you in advance
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by adebrightayo(f): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Drop ur number & real name for me here, pls.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Yommiefish(m): 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Greenarrow01:
pls bro how many fish can that wooden pond hold? cost of construction and is it compulsory i use aerator. i am thinking of going into catfish hatchery only with 200k i have a flat i want to use and i will be looking to produce atleast 30000 fingerlings every month on a rolling bases
can hold 10k early fingerlings. Aerator will also be of very good help aid oxygen. At one spawning actually you can actually make more than 30k if details are well attended to sir. 200k will give you an edge. Hope to hear from u soon.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
wow i love dis
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by 400billionman: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
ZAMZINE:

DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA HOW YOUR MOTHER'S WOMB SMELT LIKE WHEN SHE DELIVERED YOU WITH POOR VENTILATION? STILL YOU SURVIVED BUT GREW UP WITHOUT COMMON SENSE.

grin

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Yommiefish(m): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
domchid:
how much she someone have before setting up such business
Depending on facilities on ground sir. capital isn't aways the issues. It is having the nohow
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by 400billionman: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
humble007:
Fish farming is the most lucrative agricultural venture as long as you do it right. I'm a young farmer too. But in Lagos and PH is not the only issue at my abode. AMONIA is another wahala.

What happened to AMONIA ?
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by 400billionman: 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
Depending on facilities on ground sir. capital isn't aways the issues. It is having the nohow

This is one big mistake new people in business make. Thinking business is all about capital. Business is having the necessary experience then using the little resources at ones disposal to achieve ones aim.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by SirStevoe(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
eyamensah:

Ok dear...he has heard dear!

Oh dear!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Greenarrow01(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
can hold 10k early fingerlings. Aerator will also be of very good help aid oxygen. At one spawning actually you can actually make more than 30k if details are well attended to sir. 200k will give you an edge. Hope to hear from u soon.
ABEG HOW MUCH BE DAT AERATOR. DO U AVE A GUIDE ON FINGELING PRODUCTION. HOW MUCH CAN ONE CONSTRUCT DAT WOODEN POND MADE OF TARPAULINE. THKS
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by babamajor: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yommiefish:

www.catfishplus.
Olaidemuyiwa@gmail.com

Nice one keep it up, this was how I started too many years ago be for I relocated to America, but hop to be back again very soon to 're establish but on a large scale in naija. But if u don't mind wen next u want to build anoda hactrey. Use blue nylon fish are more comfortable wit dat Dan white, they are still very young d white color. Wil be too bright nd some Wil be afraid nd be running unnecessarily around nd it Wil be to bruises on their bodys. Anyway that was how we are taught in d university.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by stevkc: 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yommiefish:
It would be my eternal honour to be of help sir.

Please I am interested in hatchery,I have my pond where I rear fishes but will love to know of hatchery.call me on 08069487971 or stevkc2007@yahoo.com
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by OluomoChampion(m): 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
This is whao!
Please am really interested in this and will like to go into d business. How can I start? Ur prompt response is required please. debok079@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by OluomoChampion(m): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yommiefish:

www.catfishplus.
Olaidemuyiwa@gmail.com

This is whao!
Please am really interested in this and will like to go into d business. How can I start? Ur prompt response is required please. debok079@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by betty202020(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
aguiyi:
Nigeria youths always surviving on personal effort

shame on the govt abeg.
wait make govt giv u wrk.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Whizpeter(m): 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
RedBenson:

That's one thing with that kind of business in such an environment. I once went to check a friend who was doing his IT in a school fish farm, hmmmm, to say the odour of the entire environment was very offensive would be an understatement. I mean, this was a place that no one was leaving near, then talk of this one that the next room is used as a living room. I think health implication shouldnt be undervalued there. It's a nice business but proper health and environmental implications shouldnt be compromised.

Hurray! Alas someone is thinking alike with me.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by zonax(m): 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nigerian youths, always industrious. We survive against all odds. Keep it going bro
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by tunergy(m): 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whizpeter:
I wonder the kinda odour that room will be emitting with the poor ventilation

Definitely better than the Odur from your Mouth

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Whizpeter(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
tunergy:

Definitely better than the Odur ODOUR from your Mouth
FIXED!!!
The odour from your brain is legendary...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Have You Ever Seen Black Maize Before? This Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.