Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,938 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

I Need Help! Its About Life And Death - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death (23763 Views)

Pathetic! Real Life Story That Will Re-shape Your Thinking About Life / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response / My Love,my Life And My World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by MyNose: 2:23pm On May 29, 2015
You and your mum should move out of that house as soon as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by scachy(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2015
redgem:
Fellow Nairalander's please I need urgent help...who know of any human right activist in port harcourt? My dad is being abusive and threatens to kill my mum and I. He is being really violent and I fear he will fulfil his threat soon.... He has severally try to strangle my mum... Please, help its a matter of life and death.
Nigerians sef,report to nearest police station first before looking for human rights activists. U get sense to post on nairaland but u don't have sense to file a report to police. Nairaland ll save u n ur Mum when he uses pestle to break ur head. Mtchew!
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by lolababe331e: 2:24pm On May 29, 2015
redgem:
I know begging and Kneeling is not the solution but my mum does not believe in leaving her matrimonial home... She prefers to stay and face whatever comes her way like how she's being doing since they married. Sometimes I even blame my mum for her silence all these years, she gets hurt and keeps on protecting him.. We went to his room this morning and he acted like he was asleep, so we left. Dad is currently calling people from the village telling them that I called police for them to arrest him, changing the truth and spoiling mum's name.

About taking the job if I leave her alone in the house, I fear for what will happen to her... She's not young any more, my mum's siblings stays in bayelsa, she has no one around my younger sis is still in the uni and she's scared of talking to dad cos he had threatened her for not funding her fees. My younger bro is still a boy and he can't say anything. The only people she has ar her pastor and church members who dad swore that if he sees any of them in his house, he will pour them hot water.

He is even threatening the Pastor and Church members angry honestly I am tired for women who stay in such environments. It's unfair to expose you children to living your lives in constant fear of you father harming your mother . What kind if family experience is that

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by 4everGrand(m): 2:26pm On May 29, 2015
There are some who respect nobody; nobody can talk to them. It seems ur dad's of that specie. Its good though that you do not want to make the police go for him.

But I think men like that need to be taught the lesson of their lives. Their wives are their companion not their property or punching bag.

I dont know, I just think you should report him to the police. Or drop sth that can make someone help you do the reporting urself. Just see this as u helping ur mum and not as u getting at ur dad. It might be painful, but prayerfully do wat u gotta do.
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 29, 2015
You stated that your Dad smokes weed, has concubines and strangles your mom. Then you should know that he is mentally deranged. The occasional madness could lead to murder of your mother. I think Divorce is the solution to that union. Your mother needs to seek legal council to dissolve the union while allowing your Dad custody of your siblings. Its best for everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by lolababe331e: 2:30pm On May 29, 2015
Seems he wants to get rid of her either through divorce or murder. He probably wants to move in one of his mistresses. Na wa for your Mum o, a mad man says she should go and he doesn't want to be married to her again and he is even threatening to kill her just to get rid of her yet she's hanging on Does she value her life at all shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Raymie(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2015
The National Human Rights Commission has a zonal office in Port Harcourt. They are at Plot H, Block 157, N0 203, Bonny Street, Port Harcourt. Telephone: 084-240123 or 08056513203. Give them a call

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by xenten: 2:30pm On May 29, 2015
redgem:
Fellow Nairalander's please I need urgent help...who know of any human right activist in port harcourt? My dad is being abusive and threatens to kill my mum and I. He is being really violent and I fear he will fulfil his threat soon.... He has severally try to strangle my mum... Please, help its a matter of life and death.
For whatever reason your dad is becoming violent, pls. advise your mum to leave him immediately. its better she is alive than being strangled to death by her husband.
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 29, 2015
DID HE ALSO BOUND YOUR MOM'S LEGS??
SHE SHOULD RUN AWAY WITH YOU WHILE SHE CAN!!

your dad is a coward and he will keep beating your mom cos your mom allows it!!

forget human rights... in my village, if you beat your wife severally, her siblings are permitted to give you a taste of your own medicine.Call your mom's siblings and let them know wassup.... let them gear up and come give your dad severe beating!!

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by lolababe331e: 2:32pm On May 29, 2015
Billyonaire:
You stated that your Dad smokes weed, has concubines and strangles your mom. Then you should know that he is mentally deranged. The occasional madness could lead to murder of your mother. I think Divorce is the solution to that union. Your mother needs to seek legal council to dissolve the union while allowing your Dad custody of your siblings. Its best for everyone.

A man who smokes weed and threatens to strangle his wife , pour hot water on the Pastor and Church members and you think he should have custody of her siblings When his present punching bag is gone he will most likely take out his frustrations on the kids

10 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by sassygal(f): 2:33pm On May 29, 2015
I guess your mum is financially dependent on your dad and scared of being on her own.

please u need to seat her down and talk some sense into her, unless she does not value her life anymore

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by abbey621(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2015
4everGrand:
There are some who respect nobody; nobody can talk to them. It seems ur dad's of that specie. Its good though that you do not want to make the police go for him.

But I think men like that need to be taught the lesson of their lives. Their wives are their companion not their property or punching bag.

I dont know, I just think you should report him to the police. Or drop sth that can make someone help you do the reporting urself. Just see this as u helping ur mum and not as u getting at ur dad. It might be painful, but prayerfully do wat u gotta do.

Stop giving rubbish advice, a child should report his or her parent to the police, for what exactly? Very careless statement!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Miscellaneous(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2015
redgem:

I don't know of any...I've called my uncle but dad didn't listen to him.
My mum is very quite, she doesn't talk and I've never insulted my dad. When i try to stop him from hitting her he attacks me. He even threatened my siblings that if any of them should stop him, he will stop training them

email me lets talk abt a solution……… forget abt other nairalanders they won't give u answers u desire.
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by bamidele029: 2:35pm On May 29, 2015
abbey621:

Stop giving rubbish advice, a child should report his or her parent to the police, for what exactly? Very careless statement!

She should watch till he kills her mother and also gets hanged for murder instead abi She already stated he has refused to listen to people who tried to talk to him so what other action is left?

It's for his own good if she reports him to the police, since he smokes weed maybe the that is what he needs to come back to his senses

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 29, 2015
lolababe331e:

A man who smokes weed and threatens to strangle his wife , pour hot water on the Pastor and Church members and you think he should have custody of her siblings When his present punching bag is gone he will most likely take out his frustrations on the kids
The wife is the target for now. And I believe the wife is not financially capable of taking care of the kids. Best for them to be with their Dad, and besides, he needs to take responsibility.
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by lolly2pops: 2:35pm On May 29, 2015
Don't you have law in Nigeria....urgh, I forgot. The po po will go like: It's a family mater. Talk about backwardness.
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by lolly2pops: 2:38pm On May 29, 2015
Billyonaire:
The wife is the target for now. And I believe the wife is not financially capable of taking care of the kids. Best for them to be with their Dad, and besides, he needs to take responsibility.

If he is abusive in nature, the mother must be given full custody of the kids while he (the father) takes on the financial responsibility.

8 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 29, 2015
Report to the police and your mum should consider separation for now.
redgem:
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Icekyng: 2:39pm On May 29, 2015
redgem:
We've left the house now...called my mums siblings they said they are coming but I don't expect them soon cos they stay far. Called my dads elder bro but nothing he can do cos him and my dad are not in good terms... We are out of the house and he said none of us are entering his house even if God comes down... I'm really scared
dull guy
u cannot have d courage to stand for ur mum
u are shaking instead of reporting him to d police or any authority
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Miscellaneous(m): 2:39pm On May 29, 2015
icebeatz:
DID HE ALSO BOUND YOUR MOM'S LEGS??
SHE SHOULD RUN AWAY WITH YOU WHILE SHE CAN!!

your dad is a coward and he will keep beating your mom cos your mom allows it!!

forget human rights... in my village, if you beat your wife severally, her siblings are permitted to give you a taste of your own medicine.Call your mom's siblings and let them know wassup.... let them gear up and come give your dad severe beating!!

it's easy to say man…… trust me, when u av been there u will understand better. but for now, keep ranting………

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by abbey621(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2015
Young girl listen well, I will not repeat myself! Stop letting the devil use you to fulfill its mission! Your father will always be your father no matter what, I know the situation looks drastic right now but everything happens for a reason. The best thing you and your mom can do is to try all possible means for a peaceful resolution. This means staying away from sometime and getting elders involved. If your father wanted to kill your mother, he would have done so long ago and as long as your mother is not willing to leave him then it is not your place to force her. Trust in the God you serve to protect her, be very prayerful as most issues such as this are more spiritual than physical. Finally, at the age of 21, you are on the right track, get through NYSC, get a good job and use your success to fight for your mother, that I believe is the best form of revenge! To get the police involved now or to do something drastic would only form a lifelong hatred between you and your father. I don't know where you come from but in Yorubaland if parents placed a curse on their child, it is usually very potent!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Miscellaneous(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2015
scachy:

Nigerians sef,report to nearest police station first before looking for human rights activists. U get sense to post on nairaland but u don't have sense to file a report to police. Nairaland ll save u n ur Mum when he uses pestle to break ur head. Mtchew!

u are a fo.ol ……… reporting to police is the beginning of troubles……… it's not as easy as u think
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by kefedmayor: 2:43pm On May 29, 2015
Your maturity in dis situation will play a long way in handling ur dad nd ur mom fighting each other.Going to a human right activist will not resolve d mata rather it will favor one party. Sit both both dem down nd talk to dem dat der is need for love,unity nd oneness. whoever has born a mature child lik u shld not b quarreling in d presence of der children. Goodluck
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by baby124: 2:43pm On May 29, 2015
Your dad has mental problems and cannot be helped without medication. Your mum must like the beatings. Take your younger one and leave them alone to kill themselves. Sometimes you have to let adults face the consequences of their actions. 2 fools behaving like lunatics at the detriment of their kids. FYI your mum is also unstable for staying with a man that strangles her for 21yrs. One day he will break her neck.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by dozymars(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2015
You have Google as your friend and helper to find a human right activist. That is easier to find than asking us.
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by abbey621(m): 2:44pm On May 29, 2015
bamidele029:

She should watch till he kills her mother and also gets hanged for murder instead abi She already stated he has refused to listen to people who tried to talk to him so what other action is left?

It's for his own good if she reports him to the police, since he smokes weed maybe the that is what he needs to come back to his senses

Show me a child that has done what you are requesting her to do and has gone on in life to be successful?
There are better alternatives that the child can pursue, issues like this happens in majority of naija households, the key is to not overreact. Even the woman in question went to church rather than fight for her cause. If anyone should call the police, it should be the wife and not the child. Children must know their role and play it!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by segedoo(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2015
redgem:

Oh dear!!
1st and foremost, let her leave that house immediately!!!

Tell your mom to leave the house for a safer environment - this guarantees she stays alive.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by 9jatatafo(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2015
Did your dad lost his job or business? When you were growing up, was there any form of battering by your dad? I think you and your mom should try and go far from him for now and also make sure you report the matter to the police since he has threaten and tried to strangle your mom. Does your day take any substance?
Re: I Need Help! Its About Life And Death by Miscellaneous(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2015
redgem , don't even dare to report to police or any activist as some guys here adviced, u even called relations for him ?…… u will only fuel the problem if u cannot chase it till the end. Guy, do u know what u are doing? This kind of father is not one dat should be dealt with this way. The beginning of trouble will be when ur dad even knows his right……… o boy nor try am do police mata o. I told u to email me let me give u proven advise which is being test-runned…… be careful if u choose not to mail me. May God give u wisdom to see the future & make the best decision……… bye man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.