Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? (51809 Views)

Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 28, 2015
When I was still in my late teens, a friend of mine told me about a certain question his mum asked him, the question goes thus:

"Who do you love and cherish most between I and your Father."

To which my friend replied saying he love and cherished his father more, his mother countenance changed and she felt downcasted thereafter.

Now my fellow Nairalanders, even though I wasn't able to give a precise answer to my friend then, I still think the mother shouldn't have asked that kinda question, thence, I might be wrong. But still, if that were to happen to any of you guys, what would be your reaction?

Cc. ishilove lalasticlala

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 28, 2015
one thing comes to mind. Insecurity.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 28, 2015
I agree.

What an awkward question for a parent to ask a child. Children shouldn't be put in spot to choose between parents.

The question would have been better if directed towards eliciting more about what the child likes (or cherishes more) about each of his/her parents. And not to pick sides as it were. It would be to point out qualities you find endearing about BOTH of them. And, to NOT to pick whom you love more.

That's a terrible imposition of a question.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by ANGELMARVE(m): 12:36pm On May 28, 2015
nt healthy at all, mayb d mom is feeling some kind of guilt and insecurity in her.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 28, 2015
Xiadnat:
I agree.

What an awkward question for a parent to ask a child. Children shouldn't be put in spot to choose between parents.

The question would have been better if directed towards eliciting more about what the child likes (or cherishes more) about each of his/her parents. And not to pick sides as it were. It would be to point out qualities you find endearing about BOTH of them. And, to NOT to pick whom you love more.

That's a terrible imposition of a question.
Nice points, I guess she wanted the boy to love her more than he does his dad.

1 Like

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
one thing comes to mind. Insecurity.
Insecurities like how, please expatiate.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 28, 2015
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Pheals(f): 12:42pm On May 28, 2015
I won't answer that question although i love both of them most but mom first but in time of cash popzy 1st

2 Likes

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
Insecurities like how, please expatiate.
it seems so, she is seeking for approval from her son. That translates into insecurity and low self esteem. Normally, she should not need to ask that question.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
it seems so, she is seeking for approval from her son. That translates into insecurity and low self esteem. Normally, she should not need to ask that question.
I get it now, nice points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 28, 2015
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Benbisco(f): 1:17pm On May 28, 2015
She wan cause kata kata for the house and the child mind.

1 Like

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by bercarray(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2015
it's not right in any way,ds is hw hatred startd in a house,bt 4 a real mother who loves her child ds shdnt be a reason 4 u to hate ur child,if u even want to tnk of d day u gave birth to him/her
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by MrLayih(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2015
That mother got what she deserved...But I think your friend could have done better...though the question is shocking shocked

3 Likes

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 28, 2015
Hmmmnnn....who does that?
That mom should check herself. The question isn't healthy at all. Personally...Twas while I was still small dat I choose one but now I love them both. Come to think of it....both of my parents are unique, special & caring in their own way.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by ibkgab001: 1:18pm On May 28, 2015
It's not too good to ask your son or daughter whom he or she love most .. But by the way the DUMP ones will say Dad or Mom but the WISEONE will say I love you equally

3 Likes

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 28, 2015
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 28, 2015
Apologies....but that is a strange and ridiculous question.

Indicates something is wrong in the relationship.

Infact, why should such a question be asked?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Bonapart(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2015
Mumu question
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by allanphash7(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2015
Nonsense

She suppose go ask google now or irunmole
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Atk01(f): 1:20pm On May 28, 2015
It's not right, she's putting her child in a difficult position.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by DrGroove(f): 1:21pm On May 28, 2015
Any child who loves his /her father more than mother

is

SICK

who can be compared to a mother?

Father that can abandon you at anytime, marry a new wife n have hundreds of you?

My mother first, my mother middle, my mother last

Father is just to provide money.. and once the child is able to fend for his/herself financially

Father is not of any use!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Jinyjagz(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2015
it iz nt right, but I blive she has ha reasons

1 Like

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by francis247(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2015
No, it's not. But your friend goof sha. He should have said he loves them equally.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Jayjay0(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2015
It's not healthy for a mum to ask her children such question.
But when such occur is best the child remain silent even say he love them both.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by greatgod2012(f): 1:22pm On May 28, 2015
Such question is not healthy at all.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by HoneySwag(f): 1:24pm On May 28, 2015
Wrong question. Perhaps if such a question shld com up, d ansa shld b 'i love u both'... Its nt ryt to let any of ur parents knw u luv one mor dan d oda
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Btruth: 1:24pm On May 28, 2015
Women and unnecessary trouble. Why the question in the first place?
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by dernqer: 1:25pm On May 28, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage / Shakirudeen Adewale Alade A.k.a Boneticsart, British Got Talent Contestant / Baby Found In Moremi Female Hostel Toilet In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.