Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

Cocaine Trafficker Tried To Join ISIS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cocaine Trafficker Tried To Join ISIS (434 Views)

Teen Girl Who Fled To Join ISIS Beaten To Death After Trying To Escape. / I Sold My Son To Buy Cocaine –bishop Peller (Pictured) / 5 Simple Steps On How To Join The Illuminati And Become Famous & Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cocaine Trafficker Tried To Join ISIS by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 28, 2015
Leon Nathan Davis had a family and a sales job — and says he left them behind last fall with a one-way ticket overseas and a plan to join ISIS.

The 37-year-old Augusta, Georgia, man pleaded guilty Wednesday in U.S. District Court to a charge of attempting to provide material support to a terrorist organization. Davis faces up to 15 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000 when a judge sentences him at a later date.

During his 30-minute plea hearing, Davis told a judge he bought a one-way ticket to fly from Atlanta to Turkey last October.

"I was to be smuggled into Syria and at that point in time join ISIS," said Davis, a stocky, pale man with a shaved head.

What isn't clear is why. Davis never spoke about his motivations in court, and the judge never asked about them. But Davis did mention that he married within the past two years and has a stepdaughter. Before his arrest Oct. 24 while checking in for his flight at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Davis said, he worked as a salesman for a company that sells mail-order medical supplements.

cc: lalasticla, ishilove

Re: Cocaine Trafficker Tried To Join ISIS by bewla(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2015
just in case
Re: Cocaine Trafficker Tried To Join ISIS by Demmzy15(m): 7:49pm On May 28, 2015
Yet some coconut heads would say they're Muslims. I have said it again, ISIS and Co. aren't Muslims(they're Khawaarij). They have nothing to do with Islam.. .. . Shikena!

(1) (Reply)

Chosen Is Blessed!! / 5 Things To Do When No One Believes In Your Dream / Is Working On Sunday A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.