Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? (4436 Views)

Man Knocks Off His Wife's Teeth After She Refused To Abort Their Baby (Photos) / Man Snatches Friend's Wife And 5 Children; Says He Fathered Them / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Twaci(f): 4:03pm On May 28, 2015
profojah:

Lol cheesy.. The fear of grammar catch you!..If I hear say you no run!!
I don't see u quoting him cheesy.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Rosemary216(f): 4:06pm On May 28, 2015
Thugnificient:
I actually thought you're in support until i read it to the end.

support keh!! Abeg ooo!!! Dont say it loud!!!
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Captainswag225(m): 4:10pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
Can you now see that it isn't an easy decision.
its not easy bro, it takes courage and commitment to do that.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by texanomaly(f): 5:09pm On May 28, 2015
I would never force my child to abort in any situation. Even this one. If she wanted to abort, I would support her though.

I am a mom. I love my children. I am a teacher, and I love all my students. I have never been in this situation, but I don't think I could terminate the pregnancy. I do know I could love the child unconditionally. The child was conceived by no fault of his/her own. I would never punish a child for that.

This thread has brought up something I hadn't thought about though. If my husband was completely against keeping the baby, I would beg him to let me carry the child, and give the baby up for adoption. If he refused, I would abort. I wouldn't put him through such an ordeal, if he couldn't handle it.

Basically, I would not choose abortion myself. I do not support abortion as birth control. In the case of rape, however, I would not condemn someone else for doing it.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Omotayor123(f): 5:47pm On May 28, 2015
Twaci:
The child shuld not be punished and/or judged by the actions of its father....no matter who is involved.

Its a divine gift, let her keep and cherish the child for no one knows what blessings it might bring to its mother.

Quick question, if Dangote's son was the rapist, would we be asking the same question? undecided
Forget Dangote son. A rapist is nothing but a Bastard regardless of who he is provided u didn't voluntarily open your legs for him.

Pray you won't be a victim. It's always leave an indelible mark in the heart of victims......

2 Likes

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 28, 2015
texanomaly:
I would never force my child to abort in any situation. Even this one. If she wanted to abort, I would support her though.

I am a mom. I love my children. I am a teacher, and I love all my students. I have never been in this situation, but I don't think I could terminate the pregnancy. I do know I could love the child unconditionally. The child was conceived by no fault of his/her own. I would never punish a child for that.

This thread has brought up something I hadn't thought about though. If my husband was completely against keeping the baby, I would beg him to let me carry the child, and give the baby up for adoption. If he refused, I would abort. I wouldn't put him through such an ordeal, if he couldn't handle it.

Basically, I would not choose abortion myself. I do not support abortion as birth control. In the case of rape, however, I would not condemn someone else for doing it.
Nice points ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by ijustdey: 6:37pm On May 28, 2015
do not destroy a life you never created.
do not kill the unborn baby because of the circumstances surrounding his birth.

give him life, give him a sense if being you never know who and what he will become.
if you can't keep the baby...... give him up for adoption... save a lifecheesy
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by bukatyne(f): 7:02pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
What would you do if your teenage
daughter, kid sister, cousin, niece is
impregnated through no fault of
hers, by a rapist?
Would you advise the kid to go for
an abortion or to keep the baby?
I
This is a dilemma from an anonymous Nairalander from Port-Harcourt, found herself when her
14 year old daughter was raped
and in the process, got pregnant.
The single mother has been at her
wit’s end on what to do, even
blaming herself for her daughter’s
predicament.
While many of her friends want
her to take her daughter to a doctor
for an abortion, others, like her
pastor are advising her to keep the
baby as abortion is a sin in the
sight of God.
We are trowing the poser open to
Nairalanders today with the
question:

Do you support abortion if the father
is a rapist?

Cc. lalasticlala ishilove

I do not support abortion because it is a sin; However, I would not condemn anyone who chooses to.

If I find myself in such, I would carry the baby to term and give it up for adoption asap and forget about it.

When I can forgive the rapist, might look for the child for knowing sake.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

I do not support abortion because it is a sin; However, I would not condemn anyone who chooses to.

If I find myself in such, I would carry the baby to term and give it up for adoption asap and forget about it.

When I can forgive the rapist, might look for the child for knowing sake.
You have a good heart.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by bukatyne(f): 7:27pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
You have a good heart.
Thanks

I wish the concerned people well
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:
Thanks
I wish the concerned people well
Including mesmiley
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by bukatyne(f): 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
Including mesmiley

Wishing you well too smiley
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

Wishing you well too smiley
I wish I could turn you to my bae.
You moniker though, I guess it's too much of Indian movies cool
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by bukatyne(f): 7:44pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
I wish I could turn you to my bae.

You moniker though, I guess it's too much of Indian movies cool

If wishes were horses grin; look @ my signature

My handle is a literal combo of my names.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

If wishes were horses grin; look @ my signature

My handle is a literal combo of my names.
embarassed Wow, he's a lucky man/guy.

Nice meeting you BTW, I'm Borrussia. What's your Nigerian literal combo(to which I prefer calling a name)
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Mythots: 7:49pm On May 28, 2015
Keep the baby, my opinion is based on personal experience. I found myself in this position 17 years ago as a teenager. Thought of aborting. Made it as far as the hospital before changing my mind. It wasn't any deep religious conviction that made me change my mind, I changed my mind because the child is not the sole product of my sperm donor as I now identify. That child was also me. How could I not give her life. I was fortunate and my boyfriend stood by me. We got married one month before I had her. I thought I would hate her and truth is when I had her I cared for her but I did not feel what other mothers described, I thought I could never love this girl but I was surprised within months I fell hopelessly in love with her. She is the apple of my eye and has her father wrapped around her tiny finger. As this young girl heads to University on a scholarship I ask myself what if I had that abortion? I would have missed out on this amazing individual. I don't regret my decision and based on that I would advise that they give that child a chance. If you can't give a home, give life and let the child be adopted. I and my husband decided not to tell our daughter the truth about her conception until she was older. she will be told only because I don't want anyone to ever hold it over her head.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 28, 2015
This is do Amazing ma'am.
I'm very glad you didn't abort her and I laud your bf's commitment.

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by aderonila18: 8:53pm On May 28, 2015
Twaci:
The child shuld not be punished and/or judged by the actions of its father....no matter who is involved.

Its a divine gift, let her keep and cherish the child for no one knows what blessings it might bring to its mother.

Quick question, if Dangote's son was the rapist, would we be asking the same question? undecided

Very disturbing comment angryEven if the rapist himself is the richest man alive will that change the horror of the rape. Every time she sees the child she will remember , will she have to stay in the same too. With the rapist if he wants to come visit the child .

It's obvious you know nothing about the effects of rape or else you wouldn't bring money into the discussion. Disgusting angry

Back to the question the person will have to pray for strength to carry the baby and possibly keep it. Those talking about adoption how many Nigerians do you know that actually adopt It's easy to say but you yourself are you planning to adopt? Who is supposed to adopt the children then?

Also circumstances differ, what if she was raped by a Gang of armed robbers? Let's just pray never to be in certain situations and learn not to judge the discussion of those who find themselves in that situation

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:06pm On May 28, 2015
Abort the thing.... No explanations. Why should someone go through 9 months of pregnancy..... Hours of labour ... For a child that has no father' and a child you may never love.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Family Memes To Spice Up Your Day / My Father Has Destroyed The Family With Second Marriage And Adoption / Is Mother A Witch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.