Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest (11283 Views)

The Shocking Jesuit Oath / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vooks: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

No wonder you got deceived regarding tithes and offerings. What has he said that cannot be authenticated today? You need to pray for the gift of discernment brother. undecided
I ran into Rivera when you were I. Your diapers and I dismissed him immediately. Enjoy your ignorance young man
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
vooks:

I ran into Rivera when you were I. Your diapers and I dismissed him immediately. Enjoy your ignorance young man
Evangelical fundamentalists are some of the most ignorant of people. No wonder they fall for the jack chick gimmicks. Can you imagine some of them would tell you that "if the King James Version was good enough for Jesus it is good enough for me." Lol
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vooks: 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Papist:

Evangelical fundamentalists are some of the most ignorant of people. No wonder they fall for the jack chick gimmicks. Can you imagine some of them would tell you that "if the King James Version was good enough for Jesus it is good enough for me." Lol
I don't necessarily agree with Catholicism, in fact they have all the halmarks of a false religion but I won't cheer concentrated lunacy and idiotic conspiracies just because
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 11, 2015
vooks:

I don't necessarily agree with Catholicism, in fact they have all the halmarks of a false religion but I won't cheer concentrated lunacy and idiotic conspiracies just because
I respect you for that. You can believe my faith is a false religion without making false accusations.
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by rohit200742(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2015
Hi Friend Olaa smiley)

Nice to find you.. And I really wants to be touch with you.. So please can you give me ur facebook profile url.. So I found you there.. smiley)
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2015
vooks:

You dismissed him immediately without considering the facts just as you are ignoring the evidence on this thread. Ignorance is not a virtue.

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2015
Papist:

You have not debunked the facts Dr. Rivera disclosed here, all you've preoccupied yourself with is giving a dog a bad name so as to hang it. Only God can help you. undecided

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2015
vooks:

Do you hear yourself? You believe that the RCC is a false religion without showing any evidence but the one who has produced the evidence you hurriedly concluded that it was not worth listening to. Who is deceiving who?

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2015
Papist:

I respect you for that. You can believe my faith is a false religion without making false accusations.

You need to ask him whether his faith is based on solid evidence or on sinking ground?

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2015
rohit200742:

Hi Friend Olaa smiley)

Nice to find you.. And I really wants to be touch with you.. So please can you give me ur facebook profile url.. So I found you there.. smiley)

You can contact me on my email address. God bless you. smiley
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vooks: 12:08am On Jun 13, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Do you hear yourself? You believe that the RCC is a false religion without showing any evidence but the one who has produced the evidence you hurriedly concluded that it was not worth listening to. Who is deceiving who?
Rivera does more than provide 'evidence' that Catholicism is false, he fabricates and concocts lunacy linking Catholicism to all ills. That's where we part ways. If you need Rivera to tell you Catholicism is false, you need to have your head examined

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vooks: 12:11am On Jun 13, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You have not debunked the facts Dr. Rivera disclosed here, all you've preoccupied yourself with is giving a dog a bad name so as to hang it. Only God can help you. undecided
There is nothing to debunk in the first place because Rivera is all over and he does not provide evidence himself. He claims evidence is suppressed so it is unavailable.

Let me teach you how to use your head. Pick one of his claims and we can examine EXISTING evidence for and against it
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58am On Jun 13, 2015
vooks:

Rivera does more than provide 'evidence' that Catholicism is false, he fabricates and concocts lunacy linking Catholicism to all ills. That's where we part ways. If you need Rivera to tell you Catholicism is false, you need to have your head examined

With responses like this there is hardly any difference between you and the infiltrators sent to destroy protestant churches, you might as well be one of them, who knows? undecided
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04am On Jun 13, 2015
vooks:

There is nothing to debunk in the first place because Rivera is all over and he does not provide evidence himself. He claims evidence is suppressed so it is unavailable.

Let me teach you how to use your head. Pick one of his claims and we can examine EXISTING evidence for and against it

The timeless words of our Lord Jesus Christ come handy in times like these:

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you"
(Matthew 7:6).
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vest(m): 6:53am On Jun 13, 2015
vooks:

olaadegbu why nt do the bolded,we could start from where he said all protestant names are in a big computer in the vatican
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12am On Jun 13, 2015
vest:

olaadegbu why nt do the bolded,we could start from where he said all protestant names are in a big computer in the vatican

If you really want to discuss the serious charges Alberto levied against the Roman Catholic church then lets start from the claim that he was never once a Jesuit priest.
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2015
Ubenedictus:

This claims have long been refuted. Alberto is another Jack Chick conspiracy theory.

[url]web.archive.org/web/20051202084221/http ://www.cornerstonemag.com/pages/show_page.asp%3F228[/url]

Your counter claims has been debunked too.

https://www.chick.com/articles/houstonletter.asp
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2015
Papist:

Lol if I'm not mistaken he also said that the Jesuits have a super computer with the names of all Protestants in preparation for the day the Vatican will slaughter them.

You will have to give us evidence that this is not the case or are you saying this is impossible?
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vooks: 10:38am On Jun 13, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The timeless words of our Lord Jesus Christ come handy in times like these:

(Matthew 7:6).
So, what have you been doing with these comics that predate your conception by decades?
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vooks: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

With responses like this there is hardly any difference between you and the infiltrators sent to destroy protestant churches, you might as well be one of them, who knows. undecided
With your patented cowardly obtuseness, am better off watching the paint dry than engaging you. Your puny brains will overheat.

Pick one SPECIFIC claim and we will examine it
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2015
In defense of former Jesuit Alberto Rivera

When Chick Publications first published the personal testimony of former Jesuit Alberto Rivera, Rome called upon her ecumenical contacts to go on the attack. Rome's friends attacked the way they always have, by attacking the messenger. Not wanting to publicly discuss the serious charges Alberto lays against his former church, they tried to discredit him personally, hoping people would then not read his message.

The most famous of these personal attacks was an open letter published in Christianity Today, which has been copied and distributed around the world many times since the 1980s. Upon reading this attack, a Christian named James Houston, who had read enough of history to know the truth of Alberto's charges, came forward. Following is the letter he wrote in defense of Alberto Rivera.

Since the Christianity Today letter is still being distributed to attack Alberto's God-given message, even going so far as to deny he was ever a priest, we feel it is appropriate to make Houston's rebuttal available as well. It is vital that Bible-believing Christians understand the true nature of the Roman Catholic Church, so they will understand why they need to reach out in love to Catholics to lead them to saving faith in Jesus Christ.

Read the rebuttal James Houston in the link above.
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Dear Sir:

I have read your three page article exposing J.T. Chick's "Alberto" to be a fraud (see Christianity Today, March 13, 1981). I would like to make the following comments on the same hoping that God in His sovereignty would allow this letter to be printed (in full) in a future issue of Christianity Today:

1. Considering the evidence set forth in your article, though I find many things stated of which Alberto Rivera may or may not be guilty, I can find no evidence in the article that proves him to be a fraud, unless of course, I'm misunderstanding the word: "fraud." You do state what Rome herself has to say about Alberto. Who in a right frame of mind (unless they are totally ignorant of history) would give heed to her words in the light of the following evidence:

a) Her teaching that "the end justifies the means" allows her the freedom to lie, just as long as it propagates her cause.

b) H.G. Wells, noted historian, in his book, "Crux Ansata," states:

Page 105 - "Roman Catholicism is a broken and utterly desperate thing, capable only of malignant mischief in our awakening world."

Page 155 - "I think that it stands for everything most hostile to the mental emancipation and stimulation of mankind. It is the completest, most highly organized system of prejudices and antagonisms in existence. Everywhere in the world there are ignorance and prejudice, but the greatest complex of these, with the most extensive prestige and the most intimate entanglement with traditional institutions, is the Roman Catholic Church. It presents many faces towards the world, but everywhere it is systematic in its fight against freedom."

To be continued...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

To be continued...

Reasons why we should take what the RCC says with a pinch of salt.

c) Lord Macaulay, in his "Essays on Ranke's History of the Popes, 1852," page 548, states:

"It is impossible to deny that the polity of the Church of Rome is the very masterpiece of human wisdom....The experience of 1,200 eventful years, the ingenuity and patient care of forty generations of statesmen, have improved that polity to such perfection, that, among the contrivances which have been devised for deceiving and controlling mankind, it occupies the highest place."
Again, Macaulay in his "History of England," (Volume 1, page 47) states:

"the loveliest and most fertile provinces of Europe have under her (Rome's) rule, been sunk in poverty, in political servitude, and in intellectual torpor."

The bolded above happens to be true. I noticed a sharp contrast between the poor and the rich when I visited Spain and Gibralter respectively. Spain has about 45% unemployment while tiny Gibraltar (British Overseas Territory) happens to be the 8th richest in Europe.

To be continued...
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by Ubenedictus(m): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Your counter claims has been debunked too.

hahahahahahaha....

Is that what you call a rebutal?

the guy simply suceeded in repeating all the old stories of old. Is that the rebutal?

Hehehe, I knew he had no point when he said he knew Rivera was not lying because of the way Rivera smiled. Hahaha, so those who smile can't lie? You are so gullible, blinded by your own bais.

If that is you idea of a rebutal, have a nice day.
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Jun 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:

hahahahahahaha....

Is that what you call a rebutal?

the guy simply suceeded in repeating all the old stories of old. Is that the rebutal?

Hehehe, I knew he had no point when he said he knew Rivera was not lying because of the way Rivera smiled. Hahaha, so those who smile can't lie? You are so gullible, blinded by your own bais.

If that is you idea of a rebutal, have a nice day.

Read about the rebuttal that I'm posting and see how your institution cannot be trusted with its allegations.
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by Ubenedictus(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Read about the rebuttal that I'm posting and see how your institution cannot be trusted with its allegations.
What you are posting is not a rebuttal, it is simply a catalog of more allegations.

You can go on and repeat what your site says, alberto cannot tell a lie because he smiles very well.

Prejudice is a disease.
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:

What you are posting is not a rebuttal, it is simply a catalog of more allegations.

You can go on and repeat what your site says, alberto cannot tell a lie because he smiles very well.

Prejudice is a disease.

Your comrades vook and vest have fallen by the wayside are you here to answer the question? Shall we start the rebuttal from your claim that Dr. Alberto Rivera was not ever a Jesuit priest? Are you ready to stand by that allegation? undecided
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32am On Jun 17, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Reasons why we should take what the RCC says with a pinch of salt.

The bolded above happens to be true. I noticed a sharp contrast between the poor and the rich when I visited Spain and Gibralter respectively. Spain has about 45% unemployment while tiny Gibraltar (British Overseas Territory) happens to be the 8th richest in Europe.

To be continued...

d) Charles Dickens' "Life," (by Foster, Volume II, page 274) described Popery as:

"the most horrible means of political and social degradation left in the world."

Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2015
This is what Adam smith got to say about the reputation of the Roman catholic institution:

e) Adam Smith ("Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter 1, Part 3, Ant. 3):

"The Church of Rome is the most formidable combination that ever was formed against the authority and security of civil government, as well as against the liberty, reason, and happiness of mankind."
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
This is what Adam smith got to say about the reputation of the Roman catholic institution:

e) Adam Smith ("Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter 1, Part 3, Ant. 3):

"The Church of Rome is the most formidable combination that ever was formed against the authority and security of civil government, as well as against the liberty, reason, and happiness of mankind."

f) Gladstone ("Speeches of Pope Pius IX," page 173):

"When the Pope speaks of the liberation of the Church, he means merely this, that it is to set its foot on the neck of every other power."
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

f) Gladstone ("Speeches of Pope Pius IX," page 173):

"When the Pope speaks of the liberation of the Church, he means merely this, that it is to set its foot on the neck of every other power."

g) In Dean Stanley's "Life of Dr. Arnold," (Volume II, page 411, London, 1844) we read:

"This is the last night, I trust, in which I shall sleep in the Pope's dominions; for it is impossible not to be sickened with a government such as this, which discharges no one function decently. The ignorance of the people is prodigious (enormous): how can it be otherwise?"
Re: Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest by vooks: 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Little knowledge is dangerous that Ebola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? / An Open Letter To Hot Blooded Young Men - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.