Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great (37705 Views)

How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / Documents Needed When Buying A Used Car / Thinking Of Buying A Fairly-used Car(tokunbo)? Consider These 5 Steps... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by jaz(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
i know that a brand new accent cost a little over 3 mill. imagine the world of choice i could get from 2010 and above tokunbo rides... still dreaming grin
KingTom:
Oga I don't know about the new ones, but I bought my sonata for 2.5 million brand new in 2007 and till today, I still dey use am go my village which is about 20 hours drive from Calabar cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by McEwen(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
KingTom:
Oga I don't know about the new ones, but I bought my sonata for 2.5 million brand new in 2007 and till today, I still dey use am go my village which is about 20 hours drive from Calabar cool
I'm on 2010 RR Supercharged TOKS cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by KingTom(m): 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
jaz:
i know that a brand new accent cost a little over 3 mill. imagine the world of choice i could get from 2010 and above tokunbo rides... still dreaming grin
I got a Tokunbo Nissan Primera 2010 model, the vehicle is fantastic too grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by otimothy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
what was the car before it became a tokunbo?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by jaz(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
story for the gods!
otimothy:
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sunbellar:
Poor man's way of consolation. New car is the best always. Tokunbo is full of trouble, unless you want to be regular visitors to quark Nigeria mechanics. Ask federal, state and local government why they prefer brand new cars. Ask banks and other multinationals why they buy brand new cars. I don't and will never pray to be using Tokunbo for any reason.
well, when you start to run your bank then you can afford the scammy prices of new cars....but if you are spending your hard earned middle class money...you'll think twice before you buy a brand new BMW say X6, sure it might not make your heart skip a beat if its a kia picanto or ok Santa Fe, but you could still buy a 7 months used BMW X6 for a lot cheaper than a new one and still more or less small value.
However, economically, its not wise to spend too much on something that's just meant to get you from A to B, if you are on a budget like most people. There's always something you can do with your extra cash

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by KingTom(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
McEwen:
I'm on 2010 RR Supercharged TOKS cool
You be boss o grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Whizpeter(m): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
otimothy:

i wonder oooo...
Maybe Brand Tokunbo

i just taya

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by McEwen(m): 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
KingTom:
You be boss o grin
you d baddest bosses!!! wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by KingTom(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
McEwen:
you d baddest bosses!!! wink
Na you be my mentor o grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by McEwen(m): 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
KingTom:
Na you be my mentor o grin
grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by DMerciful(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Try to always be the first to use anything if its possible!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
dollarlander:

@Whizpeter, I equally felt same way. But the only reason I consider Tokunbo car is that, a brand new car and a Tokunbo car of the same model and same everything, will arrive at the same value after two years of use on Nigerian roads.

After two years, you will not be able to know this was new and that was tokunbo.

Also, if you buy a bran new car in Nigeria, there is likelyhood that, a Tokunbo car from USA, has better options than the Nigerian brand new car. Some brand new car in Nigeria are scale down options and can not compare to some Tokunbo car from USA.

Imagine oh
Me that loves mercedez how can u convince me to buy a brand new 2015 GL when the money with me can get a sound 2010 Gwagon with change?
Infact I will rather buy a 2008 GL and save myself the extra cost I would incure to buy the 2015
And if u think I will settle for a brand new KIA like a dressed monkey becos I want a brand new car,I would rather buy a used 2003 E Class if that's what I can get for the value I plan to incur on the Kia
I want to get the value for my money and not the value I want to incur on the car.
I won't talk about the quality of the Benz compared to others.KIa bawo
Make I go buy monkey ni? ko joor!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by duperola(f): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
The truth is despite some of these new cars dont hv second hand value,i would still rather buy a brand new car.my company bought new rio for marketing 5yrs ago.the cars are still in top shape!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by jaz(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
have you handled a 2005 Toyota Avalon before, cost less than half the price of a brand new Rio and re-sells for almost the same value... its a machine made to last
duperola:
The truth is despite some of these new cars dont hv second hand value,i would still rather buy a brand new car.my company bought new rio for marketing 5yrs ago.the cars are still in top shape!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by jackyraw09: 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
KoredeBellosMum:
grin

Onli poor peepz buy used cars

hOW MANY brand new cars yur pikin korede don buy for uu

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by piagetskinner(m): 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
Better to buy a 2008 Mercedes c300, than to buy a brand new 2015 kia optima

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by mrkings84(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
That means Mr. Op might also prefer tokumbo boxers to brand new pants ;DThat means Mr. Op might also prefer tokumbo boxers to brand new pants
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by electron: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Poverty thinking
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by sunsewa: 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Whizpeter:
Read this trash several times but didnt get the point...

If you've got the money to get a brand new vehicle, just go for it and dodge the wahala of tokunbo

Poverty na disease.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by idu1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
KingTom:
pictures of you and your plastic car or you are......
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
cmgoat:
check my post wink

Ur name is CM goat. why would U call Urself that undecided undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by KingTom(m): 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
idu1:
pictures of you and your plastic car or you are......
Hyundai Sonata is not plastic, show that car respect! angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by idu1(m): 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
KingTom:
Hyundai Sonata is not plastic, show that car respect! angry
tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by KingTom(m): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2015

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by idu1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
KingTom:

cool cool
ok u can go to bed now8)...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by KingTom(m): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
idu1:
ok u can go to bed now8)...
Ah, 12:00 midnight go soon knack, idu1 you be winch so? grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by SailorXY: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
McEwen:

Hyundai na plastic na grin grin
na lie. Hyundai is a strong product, never ever put it on same page as Kia.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by carboblanko(m): 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=sweetorgasm post=34675329]GEJ TILL 2029[/quote. El loco. lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by sonnie10: 11:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
ogoigbe:
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][size=8pt][/size]pls, am a nairalander, I need a Toyota Camry to buy. Direct tokunbo, grade one. Do anyone no d cost including custom duty

Check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gold Customized 1982 Mercedes Benz Spotted In Kaduna (photos) / World Car Award 2018: Range Rover Velar Wins World Car Design Of The Year / The 2018 BMW X4 Unveiled – Photos & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.