Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great (37710 Views)

How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / Documents Needed When Buying A Used Car / Thinking Of Buying A Fairly-used Car(tokunbo)? Consider These 5 Steps... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by safex(m): 8:50am On Jun 12, 2015
it is well o, wen 9ja girls don dey buy used bra and pants, wetin we no go buy? cheesy cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by tonychristopher: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2015
My dear never brag with poverty ...I drive a car and one thing I pray for is to buy tear rubber

Buying a used car id like comparing a virgin with single mother

New car...at least u limit mechanic wahala and focus on servicing
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Mekky05(m): 9:00am On Jun 12, 2015
Whizpeter:

I've driven a lot of cars but unfortunately, a picanto aint in my inventory...

I just used that illustration to show how much i hate toks...
I can't imagine myself buying a vehicle that i didnt tear the nylon myself...
I'm currently on Lexus RX330 tho...
So Lexus RX330 is a NEW car? Bros your HYPOCRISY stinks to high Heaven! Have been reading all your "I hate used cars" comments,and you end up driving a USED car!!!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2015
The only reason why most people go for tokunbo is for pecuniary reasons, its a reflection of the state of the economy, 30 years ago, the trend was buying brand new, there was plenty money in the economy, the challenge was on how to spend it, but now country hard people buy used cars because they cant afford new ones.

If you can afford new cars go for it, but I must say that the tokunbos we buy are better than the foton, mahindras and innosons and other fake chikito cars that we have today.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Whizpeter(m): 9:11am On Jun 12, 2015
Mekky05:
So Lexus RX330 is a NEW car? Bros your HYPOCRISY stinks to high Heaven! Have been reading all your "I hate used cars" comments,and you end up driving a USED car!!!

Lol... So the new one no dey market again?

And who told you it was bought this year?

Well the car came in as a brand new, oya kill ya self...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Godownchild(f): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2015
frodow:

Shame on you, you have definitely agreed to settle for less, instead of you to pray that no one should have any reason for buying a used car, u advice people to buy used cars, in the developed world they all go for a new car instead, pls change your mind set my guy

They don't all go for new cars in the developed world,if you have a taste for high end products and you cannot afford the bests of the new ones its wise for you to buy a neat and sound almost new of the older model than buy a new of lower quality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by AnneMomoh: 10:14am On Jun 12, 2015
DjHypno:
K

Kermit?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by tonychristopher: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2015
YES YOU TALK BASED ON ECONOMIC SENSE BUT A NEW CAR IS BETTER COMPARED TO USED

HOW CAN YOU COMPARE USED PRODUCTS TO NEW

DO U WANT A VIRGING GIRL OR BABY MAMA WITH 2 KIDS

BOUNTYDOG:

They don't all go for new cars in the developed world,if you have a taste for high end products and you cannot afford the bests of the new ones its wise for you to buy a neat and sound almost new of the older model than buy a new of lower quality.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by tonychristopher: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2015
VERY INCONSEQUENTIAL QUESTION...THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT IT WAS A USED CAR...PERIOD

Godownchild:

Did you buy it from cotonou or nigerian used
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by dozai: 10:59am On Jun 12, 2015
Lasgidy1:
I've learnt my lessons from a used 2007model ford focus executive I bought. That car made me compulsorily became friend with mechanics. I've learnt my lessons ever since. If its not brand new, my broda count me out
Ford? Hmmm na motor be that? D shit u get buying USA cars

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Mcdonelldouglas(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2015
I'd rather drive a 2009 mercedes benz cls 63 amg than drive a brand new 2020 toyota camry or any other toy for that matter.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by scarr: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2015
Whizpeter:

Sir, I'd rather buy a brand new Kia Picanto than buy a tokunbo 1999 toyota camry or honda baby boy..

Thats choice
Me too grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by themodernman: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
Now dat custom tariff has been raised, tokunbo might not be so great anymore...people are shifting to accidented, damaged & completely knocked down cars..lols cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Rickbee1: 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Settle for tokumbo if u don'thave money for new, there ar very gud used cars in d market.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by themodernman: 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Now dat 35% has kicked in, wats happening to the proposed 70% meant to frustrate import by July 1st?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Mekky05(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
Whizpeter:

Lol... So the new one no dey market again?

And who told you it was bought this year?

Well the car came in as a brand new, oya kill ya self...
. LMAO!!! LWKMD!!! Come and tell me what I don't know bro.. Lexus RX330 a NEW car? Chai,dem don chop u MUGU bro! How much did they collect from u as a NEW car Lemme be FRANK wif u,CAR importation is my line of BIZ!!!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by macville2: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
guy forget dat thing o, if u have money for a brand new car buy it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Val22(m): 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Weightless points indeed.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Bonethugss: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
Come on OP, are you trying to tell me that if you could buy A second hand toyota Prado and a brand new one (same year, specs) you would go for the former. Men, you and I both know that's a lie, the only reason why people buy second is due to funds shortage..... I can buy the argument that one would rather get a second hand (first grade) toyota then a new Kia (fine) only because of the nature of our dilapidated road, however if you live in central area Abuja, where all the roads are tarred, you cannot agree with this b*ullsh***.

Different brands of tokunbo cars are dumped in Nigeria and other 3rd world countries simple because the standard of living is mega low and people cannot afford new cars..............
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by atine79(m): 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
I think it is more to it than those aforementioned. Buying a used car is better than a new one. Reason is that in cars there is what we call export edition and import edition. A car maybe produced in Japan for their own use is more loaded and stronger in terms of durability than the one meant for export. Remember there is a used car of 2015 and a brand new of 2015. Ceteris paribus the one of used one probably American spec is more loaded than the one of brand new ie export edition. My 2 cent

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by eaglechild: 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
Why all the vituperation against the OP.

He simply listed the advantages of buying a used car.

He said reasons why buying a used car is GREAT not BETTER.

Used cars also have disadvantages.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by sonnie10: 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ok. If you are on a budget of #2.5 M would you buy a Tokunbo car or a new car?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by cmgoat(m): 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
eaglechild:
Why all the vituperation against the OP.

He simply listed the advantages of buying a used car.

He said reasons why buying a used car is GREAT not BETTER.

Used cars also has disadvantages.
cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by cmgoat(m): 6:17am On Jun 23, 2015
wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by methyl: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
o not patronise tout contact me am a risk advisor in Mutual Benefit Assurance Plc. I am Mutiu and u can contact me on 08188373898
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by cmgoat(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
methyl:
o not patronise tout
contact me am a risk advisor in Mutual
Benefit Assurance Plc. I am Mutiu and u can
contact me on 08188373898
undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by wilson71: 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
www.ujmarket.com Search and post classified ads in For Sale, Cars, laptops, Mobile Phones, Jobs, Apartments, Housing, Pets, Personals, music and other categories. start selling now for free

Visit ujmarket.com to buy or sell
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by cmgoat(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by cmgoat(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
KingTom:

cool cool
E be like say Hyundai never show this one wheen. when Hyundai and Kia start with u, u will cry for a Toyota or a honda. those undervalued and substandard pieces of junk Dana motors offers to the masses.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great by cmgoat(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2016
dumo1:

E be like say Hyundai never show this one wheen. when Hyundai and Kia start with u, u will cry for a Toyota or a honda. those undervalued and substandard pieces of junk Dana motors offers to the masses.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gold Customized 1982 Mercedes Benz Spotted In Kaduna (photos) / World Car Award 2018: Range Rover Velar Wins World Car Design Of The Year / The 2018 BMW X4 Unveiled – Photos & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.